Open 576: The Enemy of my Enemy is my...Enemy? (Day 2)

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:52 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 2.02:

NJAC - Oilura
dragonspawn - 2birds, Mathdino
Oilura - Riabi, dragonspawn
2birds - Teen Girl

Not Voting - NJAC, Nova, Clusk92, guille2015

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch and 5 to no-lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2014-11-12 21:47:01) or by 7:45 PM on November 12th, 2014.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:30 pm

Post by NJAC »

If I can't find the time for this I'll ask to be replaced, sorry. Just give me until tomorrow night, it doesn't look too hard to catch up 11 pages.
Oilura
Oilura
Townie
Oilura
Townie
Townie

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:59 pm

Post by Oilura »

In post 276, NJAC wrote:If I can't find the time for this I'll ask to be replaced, sorry. Just give me until tomorrow night, it doesn't look too hard to catch up 11 pages.

Oilura
Oilura
Townie
Oilura
Townie
Townie

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:00 pm

Post by Oilura »

In post 274, Nova-Radiance wrote:Unfortunately despite searching the thread I can't seem to find the post, but at some point Oilura pointed out inactives with (scum). I don't think Oilura has really commented on any of our current player discussion, Oilura seems more concerned with covering himself than contributing.

Everyone who is posting seems town to me.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:04 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Oilura, you have more townreads than there are town. Jussayin.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:09 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 271, Nova-Radiance wrote:So you'd have me post random bullshit to produce original content? I'll just disregard the excellent points that influenced my reads, to be original.

Now I'm curious, would you have me not vote for someone who said the person they were voting was probably not scum, or not vote at all?

Like Mathdino pointed out, the phrase "don't look at me" is extremely defensive, and the way dragonspawn pushed some attention back to him instead of defending himself is suspicious.

TGS in post #244 saying that she finds the fact people are going after something that was scummy just because it was in RVS. Doing something scummy is indicative of scum no matter when it's done, and the fact you are calling it suspicious that they're bringing up that evidence against you bothers me.

Okay, so what I said is the opposite of how I see this now. Turns out posting from phone makes every post look like an incredibly useful wall and I got the impression Nova was walling up a sheep argument.

2birds, indignation isn't always town, it's just how manufactured it looks. In this case, it's subtle enough for me. Good points on DS and TGS, though I can't agree with the TGS-being-wrong-makes-her-scum.
In post 273, 2birds1stone wrote:TGS just started pushing against me because I picked her dspawn's buddy, dragonspawn flip will bear this out.

Possible. If we're lucky, scum will cross kill tonight (likely on her) since a ton of people seem to think she's either DS's buddy or scum on the opposite side.
2birds1stone
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:29 pm

Post by 2birds1stone »

Giving NK advice, even inadvertently, isn't a good habit to get into.
W/L/D = 10/10/3

I drew my avatar myself!
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:31 pm

Post by Mathdino »

I don't usually, but is it too much to hope for a crosskill in multiball?
Oilura
Oilura
Townie
Oilura
Townie
Townie

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:56 pm

Post by Oilura »

In post 279, Mathdino wrote:Oilura, you have more townreads than there are town. Jussayin.

Yes, and that is why I am not posting. I can't seem to find scum today for some reason.
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:11 am

Post by guille2015 »

Nova can be Town for now.
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:16 am

Post by guille2015 »

Mod can you prod Clusk
Teen Girl Squad
Teen Girl Squad
Goon
Teen Girl Squad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:02 am

Post by Teen Girl Squad »

Seriously?? "dude with 5 posts" = "probably town cause he got annyoed" but "actively trying to scumhunt" = "scummy" ????

asdjksjdkasdkj
Listen up, you undapants.

Show me something you drew!
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:16 am

Post by guille2015 »

I never said that he is probably town cause he got annoyed. And I never said that actively trying to scum-hunt is scummy.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:27 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 286, Teen Girl Squad wrote:Seriously?? "dude with 5 posts" = "probably town cause he got annyoed" but "actively trying to scumhunt" = "scummy" ????

asdjksjdkasdkj

This is actually a really scummy post. Looks like she's trying too hard.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:38 am

Post by Mathdino »

Hey
guille
Nova
, there's no harm in placing a vote, ya know. If someone tries to hammer before we get enough discussion I'll rope them myself. But as it is, this day is moving pretty slowly besides me vs dragonspawn. I do appreciate guille's interrogating though.

If anything, vote to make the game more interesting, to put pressure, to get reactions.

Oilura
, try harder. I understand what your issue is, but scum here are harder to find than on other sites. You won't find them by searching for people who suck at the game. Sort your townreads maybe, use PoE. I assure you that there's scum in the active people of the past 2 pages.

TGS
, what're your reads on guille and Nova?

Nova
, you seem fairly passive and observational; a good amount of your posts are just answering questions rather than pushing your opinions. Is this playstyle? Having trouble getting into the game?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:53 am

Post by Mathdino »

moar questions, you guys are a quiet lot
In post 249, Riabi wrote:TGS started as a gut read, but an ISO of him (her? them? does it matter to you TGS?) helped shore up my opinion. For example, in (and a bit in as well)
he seems willing to change his opinion based on new evidence

Also, I like some of the questions he asks, like trying to get dragonspawn's opinion of NJAC. To me, it seems like he's really trying to solve a puzzle. And, while in a multiball everyone is doing that to a certain degree, I've not seen a lot of explicitly scummy behavior that I can tell. It seems to me like the scummiest thing he did was to tunnel Astinus, but, a lot of us did that, so that certainly can't be considered scummy.

On a different note, DS is really starting to become more suspicious to me. Post is just plain bad, and the first part of is only slightly better. So, while I'm not ready to change my vote just yet FOS on dragonspawn for sure.

That being said, there is one thing I do like about .
His analysis about Oil seems spot on
. The early defensive post from Oil re: the hammer is weird, and I'd like to know why that post was made as well.

Riabi
: You already admitted that everyone is trying to scumhunt, so why does being willing to change opinions and have spot-on analysis townish exempt one from scummy behaviour? Check mastin's and 2birds's ISOs if you want to see the main issues people have with TGS.
Anyway, what's your read on Nova atm?

In post 284, guille2015 wrote:Nova can be Town for now.

Why?

In post 255, 2birds1stone wrote:At the same time, it is consistent with his mafia upbringing, specifically "everyone's playstyle is to NOT GET LYNCHED NO MATTER WHAT". Oilura in general is very difficult to read because of coming from a radically different meta.
In post 258, 2birds1stone wrote:I'd find it interesting that dragonspawn and Oilura are not of the same alignment were I not already set on dspawn/TGS.

For those of you who aren't set on dspawn/TGS, it may be worth noting that dspawn/Oilura is extremely unlikely.

2birds
: You haven't really taken a stance on Oilura since very early game. But in the latter post you're speculating on what scumteam he's on. What's your current read on him given the meta information? Is he in your lynchpool?
Teen Girl Squad
Teen Girl Squad
Goon
Teen Girl Squad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:55 am

Post by Teen Girl Squad »

I'm still pretty much null on Nova, but his response to me has made me want to hear more. It shows that he's around, just not participating, which is a little suspicious.

Nova, you say you agreed with other people's reads, could you be more specific? Do you have strong town reads on certain players?

As for guille, I'm leaning slightly town on him at the moment, I liked his answer to my question and he seems to be actively participating a bit more now.
Listen up, you undapants.

Show me something you drew!
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:06 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 285, guille2015 wrote:
Mod can you prod Clusk

Done

Nova-Radiance
Nova-Radiance
Townie
Nova-Radiance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:50 am

Post by Nova-Radiance »

I agree that dragonspawn and Oilura are suspicious.

I didn't say actively scumhunting was scummy at all assuming you were speaking to me TGS. I was referring to the fact instead of addressing the point against you, you say you find it scummy for what stage of the game we were in. Suspicious behavior is suspicious no matter what.

And to answer Mathdino's question, I don't tend to immediately push for my suspicions. I like to put my opinion out there, let people respond to it, and see what happens before I put my vote.

It bothers me Oilura answered with "everyone seems townie" to me. That's the single biggest excuse for not wanting to commit to any suspicion so you don't have to justify.

Vote:Oilura

Besides what I said above, the immediate justification of the hammer lynch, not giving any thoughts on other players, and overall not even trying to help the town really makes me suspicious of him.
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:10 am

Post by guille2015 »

In post 290, Mathdino wrote:
In post 284, guille2015 wrote:Nova can be Town for now.

Why?

Basically his way of answering to pressure. (Light pressure at that). I would think that scum would want to try and make a wall post looking for any tidbit of information. He simply responded without taking care of whether his answer will satisfy someone or not. Also POE since I am considering DS, TGS, Oilura and Riabi as scum.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:13 am

Post by Mathdino »

You haven't mentioned Riabi as a scumread before. I think you're the first person to. Care to expand on that?
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:25 am

Post by guille2015 »

Post pinged me the whole wrong way.

His focus was entirely on Oilura's Hammer mimicking some of the complaints that have already been set forth. The problem is that Oilura's hammer wasn't what was scummy, but rather Oiluras attempt to defend it. The hammer was simply bad play, which could have come from town or scum either way. Then was his reads. In a game with 4 scums he places two as scummy, 4 as town and the rest as null. I was surprised with TGS being town, and way more surprised with Clusk as town since Clusk has done nothing noteworthy on day 1.

However, this is incompatible with my thought of TGS partnering DS, but I have been wrong before and this really isn't rock solid.

Actually,

Vote Riabi

Riabi, Tell me more about your read of Clusk.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:43 am

Post by dragonspawn »

Just checking in. Been busy since yesterday morning. I noticed some questions for me and I will get to them. But with job hunting and a sick child today I've been busy. Try to get back to it asap
2birds1stone
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:10 pm

Post by 2birds1stone »

In post 290, Mathdino wrote:You haven't really taken a stance on Oilura since very early game. But in the latter post you're speculating on what scumteam he's on. What's your current read on him given the meta information? Is he in your lynchpool?
Null-scum, emphasis on "null". He's not in my short-term lynchpool (though that's a very narrow pool), but I wouldn't mind getting him out the way if we earn some free mislynches.

I'm a little unhappy about guille vs Riabi, I was kind of hoping we could all silently agree to townread each other and PoE the game out.
W/L/D = 10/10/3

I drew my avatar myself!
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:47 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Bump

Return to “Completed Open Games”