Mini 488 - Killings in Clich├®-town - Game Over!

vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:44 pm

Post by vollkan »

IH wrote: unvote, vote:Volkan

If you'd look at the pbp, it's more of a summary of Jenter's posts, and then instead of making any comments or commitments, he just questions the mod about if a lynch really happened (WHich is kind of pointless. It's not like we can take back the lynch)
I did give my analysis, in a subsequent post.

I did the PBP at 1:00am my time. I got side-tracked by the D3sisted thing and then I decided to do the analysis the next day.

More importantly, what is the basis for voting me on the fact that the pbp did not have an analysis with it? I can't see what your point is...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Votecount:
as of post 299

Jenter Brolincani - 4
(Adel, Vollkan, ChronX, Paradoxombie)

Vollkan -1-
(IH)

Adel - 2 -
(Jenter, bookitty)

Not voting: Everyone else.

With
alive, it's
six
to lynch.
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:04 am

Post by ChronX »

Vote Jenter B

I didn't like him for town day 1 and I don't like him any better now.
Effectively done with MS
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:19 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

Well, I've been hesitant to move the Jenter wagon along too quickly, but I really don't see any point in that, considering our current rate of content.

Vote:Jenter
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:05 pm

Post by Adel »

jenter: any last words before your death scene?
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:07 am

Post by Jenter Brolincani »

I'm now at lynch -2, Adel.

Adel is scummy as hell so far, wagoning me without reference or explanation, and now seemingly taunting me. Do you have ANYTHING to contribute here?

vote; Adel

So tell me why you'r not scum.

At the moment my scumpair are Adel/Vollkan, but this may change if they actually start giving better reasons for their actions.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

...this would be much simpler for me if one of you could stop making sense and act like scum. - Elmo

...So the only scum is a player with no vote, no NK and doesn't exist? - Rogue Shenanigans
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:52 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

Adel has simply been posting minimalistically.
-George Washington

So it goes.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:43 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

Bookitty replaces poppinpuffin.
I play the games rul gud.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:28 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Hello. Doing a second reread, I'll have some thoughts soon, I hope!
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:46 am

Post by Bookitty »

My analysis is a little late in coming, because this game has been relatively difficult to follow. A lot of jokey, substance free posts. A fun read, but really hard to derive any impressions from it.

From the set-up post.
A red sun rises over Cliché-Town. A mourning dove coos quietly in the distance, the only sound in the seemingly peaceful morning. Suddenly, a piercing scream breaks the silence. Quickly, the villagers rush to the source of the noise, but find they are too late, the first victim
of the mafia
already dead. They look around at each other suspiciously. Killers have arrived in Cliché-town. Now it is up to the townsfolk to find and lynch them, and save themselves from the Mafia menace.
Night 0 victim was killed by Mafia. End of controversy.

I'm not ready to clear Jenter yet, but I'm not feeling comfortable with his bandwagon. I did a read on Head Honcho in isolation, and his posts are amazingly content free. I'll need to do a more thorough reread (and this weekend I should have time for that, I think) but I'm fairly comfortable about this:

unvote; vote: Head Honcho

If you think Jenter is scummy enough to lynch, and it's not too much trouble, could you outline your reasoning for me? I'd like to hear various people's reasoning about this, because while I didn't find him voteworthy, I'm open to argument on this point. Thanks!
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:22 am

Post by Adel »

unvote
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:35 am

Post by Jenter Brolincani »

POST SOMETHING DECENT ADEL!!!

Honestly, you've leaped right up to #1 on my scumdar now.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

...this would be much simpler for me if one of you could stop making sense and act like scum. - Elmo

...So the only scum is a player with no vote, no NK and doesn't exist? - Rogue Shenanigans
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:10 pm

Post by vollkan »

Bookitty wrote: If you think Jenter is scummy enough to lynch, and it's not too much trouble, could you outline your reasoning for me? I'd like to hear various people's reasoning about this, because while I didn't find him voteworthy, I'm open to argument on this point. Thanks!
My PBP summary and some A:
Vollkan wrote: As kind of promised....a PBPA of Jenter:
#17: Unbolded random vote for Adel
#21: Random vote for self
#28: Random for for self again
#36: Comments on likely no. of masons
#41:Comments on likely no. of masons
#57: Jokes about lynching himself
#81: Unvotes self. Expresses mild suspicion of d3sisted (vague) and Honcho (based on other people's poitns). Says Trump is lurking and he wants to hear more from
#83: Says "OK" acknowledging an answer by d3s
#104: "I'm confuzzled" (seems to be in relation to d3sisted's playstyle)
#106: "I admit the evidence aginst desisted is piling up, but I'm not ready to vote him just yet."
#129: Says he has nothing to add and unvotes, again.
#139: He is "really confuzzled"
#146: FoSes d3sisted and puffin for the IH wagoning
#161: He is now "veering towards a d3sisted lynch"
#222: Still most suspicious of d3sisted
#230: Votes me because I questioned the people who were jumping on d3sisted without explanation (him being among those people).
#238: He gives a PBPA of d3sisted. Most of it is just fairly mundane prodding questions. He doesn't make any proper arguments from this. Promises a pp. 6-10 analysis which never happens, because....
#242: Votes d3sisted. Deadline. Lynch.

Anyway, the results of my PBPA:
Mostly a lot of noncontribution coming from Jenter. His only actions were a few vague FoSes, a vote on me for a very odd reason and a non-vote for d3sisted.
And more A:
Vollkan wrote: All day, we have Jenter professing to have suspicion of d3sisted. Not once did he articulate any reason as to why, except for #81 where d3sisted clarified things and Jenter said "OK". He FoSes d3sisted for the IH wagoning, but he plainly was not convinced at all by that because he then swung around and attacked me, not for the case against d3sisted, but because I was challenging those people who had made vague suspicion of d3sisted. His PBPA looks like a last-ditch effort to justify a vote for d3sisted, even though there is basically no content to it and it is just him probing d3sisted with questions.

I'm going to FoS: Jenter
And then Jenter persists in this line without explaining so:
Vollkan wrote: Here we have it again. You felt he was "scummiest". Everything you have said throughout this game is vague. You have failed to make even one decent reason for any of your actions. You swing around and vote me in #229, despite the fact that you had been continually professing how certain you were about d3sisted.

Vote: Jenter
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:53 am

Post by IH »

I know I'm going to kill Elias's soul but...

Mod, can I be replaced? I'm being detrimental to this game, and I can't replace out of my newbie games.

I feel dead inside... I'll starting looking. -MOD
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:30 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Adel wrote:unvote
Why did you unvote, Adel? This action makes no sense to me given your previous postings.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:54 am

Post by Bookitty »

The problem I'm having in doing a player by player analysis on this game is that most of the players in this game are given to one line responses. I noticed IH doing some questioning and voting, but for the most part people have been content to respond jokingly and not to challenge any comments or initiate any investigations.

ChronX, you said you didn't like Jenter for town from day one. Was it the stupid multi-voting on himself stunt, or something more? Who do you think his scumbuddies might be?

I'm not comfortable with Paradoxombie voting for Jenter when he doesn't give any reasons. I'm NOT voting for Jenter and I could give a better justification for doing so than the "current rate of content".

My vote is on Head Honcho because he's made statements indicating his wish never to go to night, his desire for harmony, and his hope that we could all get along. While these are admirable sentiments in real life, they hardly seem believable in the context of this game. Thus I find them insincere and overacted to an extreme degree, nearly a caricature of what he thinks town would act like. My vote is staying here for now.

Vollkan has put a fair amount of content up, and while I don't completely agree with his analysis on Jenter, I can understand his vote. He's explained it, which is (in my view) a very pro-town thing to do.

I'm finding Adel's lack of content, along with her unexplained votes and unvotes, to be very suspicious. And, when Jenter questions her about it and votes her, I REALLY don't like Paradoxombie answering for her: "Adel has simply been posting minimalistically. " So has Paradoxombie, and how is that pro-town, helpful, or constructive of EITHER of them?

My vote is on Head Honcho, but I am seriously considering changing that to Adel, for reasons I've just explained.
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:42 am

Post by ChronX »

@Bookitty: I'll need to reread to recall. I think I thought everyone on the d3sisted wagon had the potential to be scum. I also seem to recall IH and Vollkan forming a tag team to argue with someone, while Jenter just kind of joined the wagon for the ride.

I'm involved in a game which is deadlined (26 hours or so to go) and probably LyLo so I've had my head mainly there.
Effectively done with MS
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:27 am

Post by Bookitty »

Fair enough, I'll be patient, then. Thanks for the reply.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:41 am

Post by vollkan »

Bookitty wrote: Vollkan has put a fair amount of content up, and while I don't completely agree with his analysis on Jenter, I can understand his vote. He's explained it, which is (in my view) a very pro-town thing to do.
Would you mind explaining what it is that you disagree with?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:20 pm

Post by Bookitty »

I don't agree with your conclusion. I find both Head Honcho and Adel more suspicious, and that's why my vote is on one of them, and not on Jenter.

As always, I could be wrong.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:29 pm

Post by Adel »

Bookitty wrote:
Adel wrote:unvote
Why did you unvote, Adel? This action makes no sense to me given your previous postings.
ok.
vote: Jenter
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:29 pm

Post by vollkan »

Bookitty wrote: I don't agree with your conclusion. I find both Head Honcho and Adel more suspicious, and that's why my vote is on one of them, and not on Jenter.

As always, I could be wrong.
This doesn't really answer my question...I asked you to explain why you disagreed and your response is that you find other people more suspicious. I meant, what about my conclusion do you disagree with?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:58 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Jenter changed his mind a lot, without too many explanations. He's not alone in that in this game. I find his behaviour pretty suspicious, but I have explained my reasoning for suspecting both Head Honcho (who seems improbably naive, quite honestly) and Adel (who has given NO reasons for her changes of heart).

I am not clearing Jenter of suspicion. I am saying that based on my own observations, and the information other people (mainly you) have given, I don't find him most suspicious, so he's not getting my vote at this time. If I see better evidence, that could change, but I find the other two more suspicious.

I hope this is more helpful. I get the sense I didn't really understand what you were asking... but I hope I at least got closer this time.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:08 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

Ach. I must apologize for being shit, but school is currently killing me. I will make all attempts to do well soon, but don't hold your breath.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:11 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

Bookitty wrote: I'm not comfortable with Paradoxombie voting for Jenter when he doesn't give any reasons. I'm NOT voting for Jenter and I could give a better justification for doing so than the "current rate of content".
I had only meant to justify the timing of my vote with that statement. The actual reasons for my vote are Jenter's opportunistic posting and his response when questioned about his vote by volkan.

Bookitty wrote: I'm finding Adel's lack of content, along with her unexplained votes and unvotes, to be very suspicious. And, when Jenter questions her about it and votes her, I REALLY don't like Paradoxombie answering for her: "Adel has simply been posting minimalistically. " So has Paradoxombie, and how is that pro-town, helpful, or constructive of EITHER of them?
Well I wasn't trying to justify Adel's play when I said that, but since you ask, it seems to me like Adel has just been posting solely to illicit responses so far, which doesn't seem like such a bad thing with so little going on in the game in general
-George Washington

So it goes.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:23 am

Post by Bookitty »

Posting minimalistically isn't helpful when there is "so little going on the game in general". Posting and making something happen, trying to figure out connections and making arguments is helpful.

And what responses have Adel's "minimalistic" votes, unvotes, and revotes elicited? I haven't seen one constructive thing.

So, for her complete refusal to provide any actual explanations:

unvote; vote Adel

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”