discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:37 pm

Post by discer »

I'm going back thru the thread to see if I missed something but not really expecting to find much (probably why I won't find anything......tisk, tisk). Something someone said about pride has
really
got me thinking so I'm primarily doing battle in my head.
"What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:33 am

Post by mathcam »

discer wrote:As far as the night kill patterns go, I think they implicate all of us for one reason or another.
See, I'm not sure this is true, at least if ignore the really hypothetical arguments. If we just look at in terms of who was most most suspicious of who at the end of yesterday (with mathcam, Tigris, discer, and Prizm alive), I would think that

Prizm would kill discer, most confirmed innocent (or maybe even me, since I voted for Prizm yesterday)
mathcam would kill discer, most confirmed innocent
discer would kill someone other than discer, and I suspect it would be Tigris for reasons I've mentioned in previous posts.

But perhaps most important is the fact that it's just hard for me to believe that Prizm would intentionally lead us to this endgame. Surely killing Leo can't have been the right play for him two nights ago. But to someone more though to be innocent, it doesn't matter nearly as much who gets killed.

Any chance you're going to up the participation, Prizm, or should we just start voting at will?

Cam
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:53 am

Post by Werebear »

5 days, 6 posts... hey, I'm willing to let this linger. *laugh* No deadline yet.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Prizm
Prizm
Goon
Prizm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:23 pm

Post by Prizm »

Ok, I'm willing to participate.

vote mathcam
. Going with my gut.[/b]
"But good is not a thing of perception. What is 'good' in one culture cannot be 'evil' in another. This might be true of mores and minor practices, but not of virtue. Virtue is absolute."
-Drizzt Do'Urden
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:59 pm

Post by discer »

Prizm wrote:
Ok, I'm willing to participate.
vote mathcam
. Going with my gut.
Sorry Cam, but a good mafia would never let this go.

Vote: Mathcam

I'm sure there will be an endgame discussion, which I look foward to.
"What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:30 am

Post by mathcam »

Oh, you bastards. Prizm, that's not at all what I meant by participate. Sigh. I really wanted to win that, too.

Cam
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:40 pm

Post by Werebear »

So Prizm and Discer summarily kill Mathcam, and again burn the body. They had previously searched the body, and found a key secreted on it...

After a few hours searching, they found a safe for use by the vacationers, and in it... knives! Guns! Incriminating evidence! Mathcam must have been the last mafia.

...The next day, a helicopter shows up, and lands. The pilot gets out, looking confused. "Hey! You!" discer runs towards the pilot, yelling and waving.
"We hadn't heard from anyone for days, is everything OK, sir?"
discer told the pilot the sad story of so many dead, but how in the end the killers were vanquished.
"Well, hop in, Mr. Discer. I'll lift you back to safety. Any other survivors?"
"None."

...and as they left, Discer looked down at his victory site, that only yesterday had a pit of ashes and bone, and now looked as clean as could be...

DISCER, mafia scum, wins the game!!!
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:44 pm

Post by Werebear »

Woo hoo! Quite a long and winding road. Many thanks to the players who didn't drop out, and especially the ones that the mafia (and lynchers) allowed to live to the end of the game.

I still question what would have been the result if 12 seasoned mafia players had entered... the newbie mistakes day 1 and 2 cost the town quite a bit, but then, we did have a good mafia in here too. :)

I'm planning to run a sequel some day, "Investigations of a Mountanous Crime Scene". I have a nasty little twist planned for it... *evil cackle*
Prizm
Prizm
Goon
Prizm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:07 pm

Post by Prizm »

Pleh. Sorry mathcam, but I really did think it was you, and I figured if I was wrong and didn't vote, discer wouldn't make any glaring errors that would make me change my mind. Given that I had the most suspicious record, I'd probably end up getting lynched, so I voted. Oh well.
"But good is not a thing of perception. What is 'good' in one culture cannot be 'evil' in another. This might be true of mores and minor practices, but not of virtue. Virtue is absolute."
-Drizzt Do'Urden
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:08 pm

Post by Tigris »

Very nicely done discer and to think I was the one pushing your innocence the most. Oh well, next game if I agree with someone, I will know they are scum. ^_^ 'vote: random person, because he/she/it agrees with me, so they must be evil.' That'll go over well. ~_^

Thanks for modding oh bearish one, it was quite a lot of fun.
Mojo
Mojo
Goon
Mojo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:20 pm

Post by Mojo »

That was a great game, thanks for modding Werebear.
I must say discer, you are one hell of a mafia. You know, I was surprised that JereIC didn't mention the lists after my death, but oh well.
Again, GREAT GAME, mafia wins, woohoo.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:19 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Aha, nicely done discer :) I was betting on mathcam being the last mafia too, but I
did
correctly guess that he'd be lynched..

This was a fun game, I'm sorry I got killed night 2, I would've liked to have been around for the mind-bending last few day's discussion. I guess that's what twilight accusations get you ;)
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Leonardo 007
Leonardo 007
Goon
Leonardo 007
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:56 pm

Post by Leonardo 007 »

This was a great game. Thank you, Bear. My first Mafia game and I really got into it, and enjoyed following it after my expected death.

Discer was a helluva good mafia! I suspected Prizm all the time. I couldn't understand why did they lynch mathcam. But Discer? I don't think I ever suspected him. Mojo hated me, and knowing I am innocent, it was pretty obviously to me that he's a mafia. But Discer? Good, old, polite Discer? A real scum indeed!

/in for your next game :wink:
Mojo
Mojo
Goon
Mojo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:06 am

Post by Mojo »

I didn't hated you, I just didn't play very well... :roll:
[b]BELLADONNA, n.[/b]
In Italian a beautiful lady; in English a deadly poison. A striking example of the essential identity of the two tongues.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:09 am

Post by JereIC »

Wow, great game all! I never for my life suspected discer, although I was feeling like there may have been something else going on. As for the lists, I really don't think they helped, unfortunately; we would have lynched Mojo eventually anyway. So, I didn't think to mention them after we got mojo.
Leonardo 007
Leonardo 007
Goon
Leonardo 007
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:18 am

Post by Leonardo 007 »

You know, I'd really love to play again with this game's participators.
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:32 am

Post by Mr_Gnome_It_All »

I just didn't play very well...
YOU didn't play well? Look what happened to me! :roll:
Who the hell is "General Failure", and why is he reading my hard drive?
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:13 am

Post by Werebear »

Modding was my pleasure. It was fun to see the tides turn. One thing I was VERY surprised about was that nobody kept track of who voted for whom... especially "scum spots" 3 and 4 on a bandwagon. :twisted: Take a look back. I was watching, but then I knew who was mafia the whole time.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:02 am

Post by Werebear »

And Mr. Gnome-it-All? All told, the newbies in the game did what any other player does as a newbie. It happens. That's why the three or four warnings before you signed up, but of course you don't know that when you're a new player. I'm glad we had some newbies in here, I just hope that all of you continue playing more "normal" games. :o
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:13 pm

Post by discer »

This was a great game and I rather enjoyed watching people state EXACTLY what I was doing but blaming everyone else. I love it when a plan comes together! One possibly altering moment occured when we found out Mathcam was replacing Yanqush after we made our night kill selection. I'm not big on experienced players returning to a game (when I'm scum) but am glad I kept Cam around for the extra excitement. Tho I'm sure I'd feel differently had I gotten lynched. Thanks to everyone for playine and again to Werebear for modding a great game.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:47 am

Post by mathcam »

Prizm wrote:Given that I had the most suspicious record, I'd probably end up getting lynched, so I voted. Oh well.
I was trying to go out of my way to make it clear that discer was my leading candidate...that the night kills just didn't make sense for you to have made them. But as you say, oh well. A (slightly bitter :)) congrats to discer.

Cam
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:59 pm

Post by discer »

Cam, I'll give you credit for not giving credit to Prizm. Better luck next time. (teeheehee)
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:58 am

Post by mathcam »

Why you little....

:)

Cam
Yanqush
Yanqush
Goon
Yanqush
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:22 am

Post by Yanqush »

Geez..... what a twist.....
Shame I had to go, but I guess I would of died anyway.... oh well... :?

Tigris: Regarding how you said I am a bit more talkative?... I was just trying to participate more (not too successfully I might add since exams decide to come along half way through) as I found that in the last few games being "sheepish" and staying a quiet was not very productive and at kinda detrimental overall to the game.... but I am glad anyway, that someone notice some change... hehe :o

Anyway, can't stay, hope I get home soon and can start playing again~ :D
Its spelt with a Q, a Q I tell ya!
[size=92][i]Everything, but not anything, in moderation...[/i][/size]
[size=67]Well..... except maybe mafia.....[/size]
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:58 pm

Post by MeMe »