Mini 44, Trouble In the Toybox, Game Over!

MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:10 pm

Post by MeMe »

Oh - we're still talking? Well then, let me point out to you, Wacky, that mlaker
did
role claim -- dog...sniff...ring a bell?

Or were you talking about Fletcher? Who
also
role claimed?

I just wanted to get in some twilight words -- after all, it wouldn't be fair letting the scum talk up the dusk alone.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:26 pm

Post by Wacky »

dog..sniff... ring a bell? Pavlov?

Fletcher claims cop, points at mlaker.
mlaker claims weak cop, points at noone. With a stupid theme name, no offense to Polarboy if its real.. unless its an energizer stuffed dog!

Always believe the guy claiming cop and pointing at someone.

Therefore, lynch mlaker.

Anyway, whats with this talk of me being scum MeMe?
...whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Mafia
PolarBoy

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2003 9:10 pm

Post by PolarBoy »

As the town gathers for the second meeting, few present are excited. Yesterdays execution is still hanging in the air. Fingers are pointed and suspicions made known. After some time, the toys finally turn toward mlaker. "I'm a stuffed dog and I can sniff out bad guys but my nose falls off afterward." he gushes, trying to escape their wrath. "I saw him last night recharging his batteries," Fletcher says, "What kind of dog does that?". "Just a stuffed dog." is mlaker's less than convincing response. mlaker is already standing on the edge of the open heating duct. As the mob pushes him in he shouts "It doesn't matter. The decepticons will still defeat you! DIE TOYS!"

mlaker, Megatron, the Decepticon leader, has been executed. As Decepticon leader, mlaker had the ability to decide who the Decepticons killed each night.

So begins night 3. Send in choices.
Last edited by PolarBoy on Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
MUNSCM Delegate for the United Kingdom
Check out the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?HomePage]ScumWiki[/url], and while you're at it, check out [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DocumentModeMafia]DocumentModeMafia[/url]
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
PolarBoy

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2003 4:58 pm

Post by PolarBoy »

While the toys wait for Billy to leave for school, so that the town meeting can begin, a scream is heard on the other end of the house. Jenny comes running into the room, pointing her finger at Billy. "It was you!! You did it!" she says. "Did what?" Billy asks, confused. "I couldn't find my Barbie doll today," Jenny says, "Then mom told me she found this in the microwave." she produces a lump of peach-colored plastic. "I didn't do it." Billy says. Jenny is not convinced "So who did it? One of your scary action figures? You just did it because you're a big booger head."
"Well you're a bigger booger head!"
"Am not!"
"Are too!"
The toys begin to worry that this will take all day, when mom enters the room. She ends the fight, saying "You're gonna be late for school, get going." Jenny drops the lump of plastic and leaves, as does Billy, still very confused as to what happened. As the toys examine the lump of plastic, they realize that mathcam is not present. A search of the room confirms their fears.

mathcam, the Barbie doll(Pro-town) is dead. mathcan had no abilities.

Day 3. Discuss.
Last edited by PolarBoy on Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?HomePage]ScumWiki[/url], and while you're at it, check out [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DocumentModeMafia]DocumentModeMafia[/url]
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:16 pm

Post by mikehart »

PB you write the weirdest deathscenes ive ever seen.
V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:07 pm

Post by Fletcher »

OK, last night I investigated Wacky. (again with the mlaker, Wacky connection) It said that I followed him for a little while until he pluggd into the wall outlet where he stayed all night.
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:36 pm

Post by MeMe »

vote: Wacky

I realize that, according to Fletcher, he didn't do the killing last night. But "plugged in" sounds too much like the mlaker result for me to ignore. I imagine there's one more in their group that did the actually deed last night -- Kerplunk, perhaps?
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:56 pm

Post by mikehart »

vote wacky

Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:03 pm

Post by Wacky »

It looks like MeMe is going to think I'm scum no matter what. But for what its worth I was the one that pointed out that stuffed dogs which can only sniff once don't make sense
mlaker's one use sniff also seems suspicious. What, does the nose fall off afterwards or something? But nonetheless vaguely believable.
I made a bad call with regard to vaguely believable. but still?

I don't recall Karplunk saying anything suspicious... I don't recall kerplunk saying anything at all...
ah ha!
Hi all glad to be welcome,

vote: mathcam, because on day one he miraceausly(?) was saved from a bandwagon without roleclaiming. And the normal thing you do when you are victim of the first random bandwagon is to claim innocent, reveal your role and look further. I don't feel right about mathcam. Also MeMe has that same feeling.

Vote: Kerplunk
. Lurking + can't spell + craplogic = scum AFAIK

FOS: Mikehart. 1 line post with just a vote is almost spam/ lurking rolled in one.

Anyway how many evil roles can there be in a game of 12?
...whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:15 pm

Post by Kerplunk »

Sorry town, for lurking and the other things Wacky accuses me of. From now on, I shall be more useful to the town. And also, becuase of the timezones, I wasn't able to participate on the bandwagon against mlaker.

It's very suspicious that Fletcher got the same result on mlaker and on Wacky. Therefore
vote: Wacky
Anyway how many evil roles can there be in a game of 12?
Usually there are 3 evil guys and maybe one SK. There's a SK (or Vigilante, but I doubt that) in this game, hence the two murders on night 2.
Totem
Totem
Saves London
Totem
Saves London
Saves London

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:07 pm

Post by Totem »

(voice from the (?)above)
Barbie! My love. :(

(I wonder what the description of the night activities would be IF I choose to protect Mathcam)

Ghost of Dr Ken
[size=75]Saves London.[/size]
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2003 5:42 am

Post by JereIC »

I think this game's pretty close to a wrap, folks!

Vote: Wacky
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:18 am

Post by MeMe »

Well, that's four. ~crosses fingers~
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
PolarBoy

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:44 am

Post by PolarBoy »

When the meeting begins, Fletcher says "I saw Wacky last night, and he was recharging his batteries, just like mlaker." Wacky offers no response, except to say "I think Karplunk is scum because he misspells stuff." This does not satisfy the toys, who pick up Wacky and begin carrying him toward the vent. Seeing that there will be no convincing them, he confesses. "The toys would've lost eons ago if I'd been in charge! I only became leader last night! Are you happy Megatron?!" His screams could be heard echoing through the ducts as he fell into the furnace, and then all was quiet.

Wacky, Starscream, Decepticon, has been executed.

Night 4, send choices.
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
PolarBoy

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:30 pm

Post by PolarBoy »

The toys sleep a little easier night 4, having just eliminated two crazed robots in as many days. When they awaken though they find that the nightmare is not over. Fletcher is found laying on the ground, his head a few inches away, a sinister loop of string hanging above his remains.

Fletcher, Lego Action Hero, Snoop, has been murdered.

Begin day 4.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2003 7:09 pm

Post by MeMe »

Wrong lynch today will lose us the game. Let's be very careful and not vote until we're sure. I propose that we all role claim and go from there.

I'm just a no-night-choice Sock Monkey townie.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:24 pm

Post by Kerplunk »

Agree with MeMe.

I'm Mr Potatohead. Two times in this game I can block a player in the night, with glue (or something, I lost my rolePM and PMed PolarBoy already for the original). During night 2 Norinel blocked MeMe. I haven't blocked anyone else. Last night I wanted to, but somehow PolarBoy didn't waited for my nightchoice. Too bad, we could have had a confirmed innocent or a definite evil.

mikehart already roleclaimed somewhere as I accurately remember:

MeMe - Sock Monkey (confirmed by Fletcher, mending stitches)
mikehart - Beanie Baby LE (not confirmed by anyone, but he and mlaker voted each other a lot, not very suspicious in my book)
Kerplunk - Mr Potatohead (roleblocking role)
JereIC - ?? (strange way of posting, why do you that Jere?)
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2003 3:52 am

Post by JereIC »

I'm Tickle Me Elmo; if I :lol: at everyone who uses my name in a day, or nobody uses my name, I get a 50% chance night kill immunity that night.

I'll reserve my thoughts until mikehart posts, but I do want to ask Kerplunk, is role blocking is the only thing you can do?
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:49 am

Post by mikehart »

well, poo. i believe meme and Kerplunk but Jere is believable too. but i have a feeling im gonna get lynched anyway.

Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:52 am

Post by Kerplunk »

Yep, that's the only thing I can do. One usually has only one night-time ability.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:39 am

Post by MeMe »

1)
mikehart
-- Way back when I said that I only trusted one person completely -- that person was mikehart. My trust stems from him being the first to say, in thread, that his role said (town) in it. I'm not sure now, however, if that still holds up. It seemed strong to me at the time, because I lacked the signifier...I'm not so sure now.

2)
Kerplunk
-- There
is
a putty wielder in the game because I was tied up with it one night. I believe that Norinel/Kerplunk had this ability -- the question is, are they mafia or town? Is it possible that the mafia could have a one-time ability to block someone? I flat out don't believe that PolarBoy wouldn't wait for the choice -- the night was
short
, which leads me to believe he got all choices.

3)
JereIC
-- I believe the Tickle-Me-Elmo claim...somewhat. But why would you be instructed to quote & laugh after ever instance of your name...but then admonished to stop doing it for the vote counts?

In closing -- I trust no one...but Kerplunk looks most questionable to me.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:17 am

Post by Kerplunk »

Reading all todays posts, no-one really has any clue if some of us are scum or not. And there's also the possibility that there's a SK among us. Al the deathscenes listed here:

n1: with a suction dart
n2: teared apart + with a dart
n3: in a microwave
n4: victim's head off

I have no idea what to make of this. My theory: I think we have two killing groups: an SK and the decepticons. Only on night2 they both chose different targets and unprotected by a doc (a long shot 'cause our Doc was killed on n2).
So maybe we have 1 mafia and 1 SK left. Or we only have 1 SK in our mids. The latter I find more likely, because in voting patterns I don't see anything suspicious in each of you. And if we have only one evil group in our mids then the best way is to no lynch. Tomorrow we will have a 1 on 3 chance of winning against today a 1 on 4 chance.
But
if we have two killing groups left (SK and mafia) then a no lynch would leave or 1 townie and 1 mafia, 1 townies and one SK, 1 SK and 1 mafia and 1 townie, 1 SK and 1 mafia. I.e. the town loses.

So, what are your thoughts about this? If we have 1 killing group left, then a no lynch is the best solution, I think.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:37 am

Post by MeMe »

My thoughts on this? If we have TWO killing groups left then the best thing to do is a no-lynch. If we decide to lynch, even if we get one baddie today and the other one kills the following night, one townie and one killer left the next day means that the killer won. With both of them left alive, at least we have the chance they'll kill each other or will be role blocked, etc.

If we have ONE killer left...we'll be in the same boat tomorrow that we're in today, so why not just try to suss out the baddie today?

So, what does everyone think we've got here? One or two killers left?
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:39 pm

Post by JereIC »

MeMe wrote:But why would you be instructed to quote & laugh after ever instance of your name...but then admonished to stop doing it for the vote counts?
That was a misunderstanding. My role PM said to laugh at every posts that uses my name, but after I started quoting vote counts, PB told me he meant me to laugh at other players only.

Kerplunk, the reason I ask about silly putty being your only ability is becuase Mr. Potatohead is all about versatility; you can change out his parts, and he becomes totally different. I don't know, we've seen some unconventional toy roles (I'd kind of expect a Lego toy to be an inventor, and a Barbie to be, ahhh, the role-blocker), so I guess the silly putty could work for Mr. Potatohead. I don't know, it still feels off to me.

For the killer/killers issue, I'm baffled. If we have another mafia and an SK, the town would have been at a huge disadvantage all along (with three mafia and one SK, we could have lynched one bad guy a day, and still lost), so that feels off. If we have just one mafioso now, we've got to explain night two, with I guess special extra kills or something. If we've just got an SK now, then we have to explain why three out of four nights have only had one kill. I'd argue that Mr. Potatohead here is our third mafia, with multiple special abilities (one role-block, one extra kill, one investigation, etc.), but since we had the extra kill and silly putty on the same night, that seems less than likely.

I don't know, I've got to sit on it for a while. Again, I think there's no rush, if all else fails, we can bore the last baddie into fessing up. There's also the possibility of just never lynching, and forcing a "happily ever after" scenario. IIRC, with even number of players, each side can increase its chance of winning the game by not killing anyone. I doubt it works in practice, but it's something to consider.
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:19 pm

Post by mikehart »

I'd argue that Mr. Potatohead here is our third mafia, with multiple special abilities (one role-block, one extra kill, one investigation, etc.)

Jere, this honestly makes perfect sense to me since like you said Mr. Potatohead is a custumizable toy and i think he might be able to do more than 1 thing a night. Any other thoughts?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”