Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2003 11:51 am

Post by Werebear »

oh, and you're right, ambic's power was a little too much. He should have gotten one result a night, or at most 1 for the lynch and 1 for the night kills... no matter how many died. He should be able to pick his corpse, though.
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2003 12:18 pm

Post by jeep »

I think I won because we hit one of the unlikely edge cases. That is, the Time doc was killed in the initial lynch. It would have been hellish if that hadn't happened. Or, if the vigilante was killed, then Bigfella would have been lynched on night 4... making him unavailable for the second kill.

If Ambic was mafia, he still should not have said GC was not mafia, because there was likely to be someone who could tell the alignment of the dead (since the mod told us there probably was). I was actually thinking that that role could be filled with a time cop, but...

I like the idea of ordered votes, but that would have really made it difficult to mod and to figure out how the timeline would change. Still worth considering.

I like my explanation of the timeline change making people confused. ;)

So yeah, letting me live was a mistake. Had the vigilante killed me on night 1, then town would have won with everyone alive, except mathcam, I think. Mathcam would have survived to be lynched... He couldn't have sent the kill in on night 4- but if he had, it would have created a pardox that would make us both change our kill... he'd have known I was mafia and could have tried changing the night he killed me... and more importantly, made it impossible for me to kill him on night 1.

If either of the docs had protected either DS or mathcam, then the game would have been extremely different.

If I had travelled to kill on night 1 instead of GC, then Goo would have been extremely suspicious of me (aparently he blocked my time travel ability night 1).

If town hadn't left a three way tie... why didn't anyone else notice that? There was a lot of discussion about changing who got lynched.

Honestly, if I hadn't been the surviving mafia member, I don't know if the others would have pulled it off.

If the town had noticed my attempt to make a four way tie day 1...

I really think the mafia were a severe underdog. We just hit the scenario that will happen 1% of the time for us to win.

-JEEP
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2003 12:19 pm

Post by Gaspode »

I've just been thinking a bit more, and I forgot to say
I TOLD YOU SO!
:P

I know it doesn't count 100%, since ambic really was town, but you should have known that I was telling the truth. What idiot of a mafioso would claim a role that had already been claimed? Your lynch was much too easy to decide on to be the right choice. You all know you subconsciously made up your mind to lynch me before I claimed. Plus, there were better candidates (Mr. Ambic Super-role and Jeep the extra doc, for example).

Anyway, good game to everybody. I'm done venting. I was not without mistakes, either, believe it or not. :)
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2003 12:20 pm

Post by jeep »

What idiot of a mafioso would claim a role that had already been claimed?

You mean like Time travelling doc? ;)

-JEEP
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2003 12:30 pm

Post by ambic »

Well its fair to say I made one hell of a blunder in that game and it really was my fault so many died on that lynch because I deliberatly counter voted.

The most frustrating thing is the whole game my gut instinct told me jeep was scum, and i even mentioned it a few times - but I quelled it, telling myself I was overreacting to his open outward disbelief of my role.

I didnt know what other protown options were out there, so I came out day 1 to force roles into the open so if raised from the dead we had confirmed good/evil players.

My role claim never changed. The supposed 'role claim' change came from a matter of wording which meant the same to me, and apparently not to Jeep. I emphatically state my role claim never changed, and to disbelieve someone because it isnt worded how you would put it is scummish indeed.

I must admit I was disappointed I couldnt time travel. I was hoping to get role like that so i could create paradoxes.

I should have thought like the mafia. If we travel back to day 1 and kill ---- what will the downward effect be. Had I done that I might have played a little more intelligently.

I am most definately in for any future time travel mafias. This was mindbogglingly difficult and very addictive form of mafia.

Well done mod.

An excellent game.
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2003 12:39 pm

Post by jeep »

How do you define "alignment"?

Yeah, I almost used the "counter-vote" against you, but I didn't want anyone to look back at MY vote change on day 1...

Congrats on being right that I was mafia... too bad, for you, that you weren't more convinced.

Also, I was surprised no one mentioned trying to get a 3/3 tie lynching both me and gaspode on day 3...

-JEEP
mikegoo
mikegoo
Watcher
mikegoo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2003 2:49 pm

Post by mikegoo »

Had I read the rules in more than a cursory manner i would not have let the 3 way tie occur for second on day-1 (stoopid stoopid stoopid for not reading the rules).

I agree with Jeep that this set-up slightly favored the town (although the luck of night 1 really weight a lot of small games no matter the set-up). We were dumb.

It would have been entertaining to see Jeep try to explain his way out of a night one death had he been the chosen shooter with my time travel block in place...I don't thiknk you could have done it.

I'm not sure how you oculd improve this game...some flaws seem unfixable. I don't find the 1st 2nd 3rd vote rule any more appealing than the current system from a story perspective. I don't know...I'll think some more about this.

Good game.
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2003 4:00 pm

Post by jeep »

You wouldn't believe that the mafia just killed someone?

-JEEP
mikegoo
mikegoo
Watcher
mikegoo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2003 6:11 pm

Post by mikegoo »

No...not in this game. A turn one kill is silly, you better your odds of getting useful informaiton (about good guy roles) and not getting one of your mates killed by having all 12 folks alive. This combined with the fact that this is time travel mafia and why would you ever want to kill someone today when you can kill someone tomorrow, today... which is just way cooler :D
BigFella
BigFella
Watcher
BigFella
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2003 11:26 pm

Post by BigFella »

Wow, who'd have thunk it? After being one of the first to be knocked off, on what ended up being the last night of the game I came back and became part of the winning team.
:mrgreen:
Yay, well done jeep, my mafia buddy!!

And very interesting game CS, a little confusing, but interesting nonetheless. I only wish I had been able to
play
a little more. :wink:

BigFella.
There are three kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2003 3:15 am

Post by cuban smoker »

I like the idea of 1-2-3 votes. It was one of the things I was never comfortable with: if your vote choice dies, before you vote for them, you don't get a vote. I think I will actually try and use the idea in the big upcoming game.

Hmm... so many ideas swirling around, trying to make things work even better. Really: imagine having 20-25 oddsome playes running through time messing each other up. Oh the chaos.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2003 5:49 am

Post by Werebear »

posting in the discussion thread about 1-2-3 votes. *rolls eyes*
Lucresia
Lucresia
Goon
Lucresia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2003 12:41 am

Post by Lucresia »

wow, this game completly confused me. I mean, a nice idea, just I was completly confused.
[b]"and All anybody knows is you're not like them..."[/b]

- Elliott Smith
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2003 3:23 am

Post by cuban smoker »

This game wasn't even as bad as it could have been. I think the possibilities were mind-numbing though.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”