The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:59 am

Post by The_Machine86 »

Col Schaeffer of the Imperial Guard. I have a one shot kill ability during the game, which I haven't used yet.

Whoever is next, take it away.
"A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me, she said 'no'."
Woody Allen
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:56 am

Post by Maximumum »

I'm next.

I'm Commander O'Shovah of the Tau race. I have no night choice, I'm a townie.
I believe Inhim's role claim because I was found to be tinkering with inventions beyond his understanding and my role states that the Tau has technology other races don't possess. It's nice to know we have a tracker left.

next....
[i]Nothing says lovin' like something from the oven![/i]
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:25 pm

Post by The_Machine86 »

EnPaceRequiescat?
"A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me, she said 'no'."
Woody Allen
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:29 pm

Post by Aelyn »

I've already checked, he hasn't posted since the last time in this thread, on Wednesday.
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:45 pm

Post by The_Machine86 »

Suppose he is lurking? Or just not here...?
Woody Allen
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:40 pm

Post by Aelyn »

Warning: Long post follows.

I guess he's not here. He left abruptly and without warning, soon after essentially saying he was gonna post pretty soon. He's not put anything in the Limited Access thread; my guess is that he's simply unexpectedly missing net access.

I recommend we give him the rest of the weekend, at least. He may be able to post on Monday. If he doesn't, then...

Mod, would it be a good idea to start perhaps looking into a replacement for EnPace? I know it's not a good idea at this stage in the game, but it's better than hanging by a thread.

That said, I do have a few things to say regarding the roleclaims so far. I was planning on leaving them until everyone had claimed, but that seems like it may in theory be quite a way away, so I'll mention them now.

Firstly, we can discount the possibility that Maximumum is Ghazghkull. Why? Because there's no reason for inHim to lie like that unless he knew that Maximumum's claim could back it up. There's no reason for a mafia investigator to try and protect the SK, especially at this point, and there's certainly no chance that Orkish weapons are beyond Logan Grimnar's comprehension. Therefore, one of the following three must be true:

1) Maximumum is scum with inHimshallIbe, and they formulated their roleclaims to reinforce the strength of each others' claim. Note how inHim declined to reveal two of his three investigations "in case someone is lying", when obviously at this stage three out of the five players must be lying. In this case, one out of me, EnPace and The_Machine must be Ghazghkull.

2) Maximumum and inHimshallIbe are the two townies, which means logically that me, The_Machine and EnPace are scum.

3) Maximumum is being perfectly honest, but inHimshallIbe is a Mafia investigator and decided to use a gutsy tactic, implying Maximumum's innocence while leaving it open to interpretation (seeing as Chaos uses demos-based devices which Grimnar couldn't comprehend) before making a slightly-more-innocence-proving "investigation" on his partner.

4) The converse of (3), inHimshallIbe is exactly who he claims to be, but Maximumum saw that the vague result gave him a plausible out.

In both (3) and (4), two out of myself, EnPace and The_Machine are scum.

Now, I know for certain that (2) is not correct (since I am not scum). This means that (1), (3) or (4) must be correct instead.

Looking at each of them: I don't immediately disbelieve either, but I know that can't be right. I’m thus pulled to option (3) or (4), since I doubt both are lying; their roleclaims just fits too perfectly with how they’ve been playing and what little we know about them from the execution scenes (Logan’s impatience and fiery temper both days, the very subtle implication that PBug isn’t human day 1).

Personally, right now I find Maximumum the more dodgy of the two, partly because I’d be surprised if the naïve yet technologically advanced Tau character has no special abilities, especially given the battlesuit Commander O’Shovah wears, but also because I feel that Maximumum’s claim is more likely to be scum seeing an opportunity than inHim’s claim being a ballsy gambit. However, I haven’t yet ruled out the possibility that the two are scum together. Here’s the percentage likelihood of each case in my opinion:
(1): 35% likely. (2): 0% likely. (3): 20% likely. (4): 45% likely.

However, I haven’t taken into account the probabilities of EnPace and The_Machine being scum yet. So take the numbers above as flexible; I’m really not certain, quite yet, who the remaining townie is.

I’d like more info. It seems like, at this stage, holding back information could well turn out to be lethal. For example:
InHim: Who did you investigate each night, and what was the result?
Machine: How precisely does your ability work? What’s the flavour for it?
Maximumum: What, if anything, does it say regarding your battlesuit?
EnPace: Who are you?

If anyone else has any questions regarding any claim, please put them forward. The last thing we want is lack of clarity at this stage.

Also, the last thing to remember is this: No matter what, there will be scum voting for whoever gets lynched today. The majority of the town here is scum. Therefore, take everything, EVERYTHING, with a pinch of salt at this point.

Thoughts, everyone?
EnPaceRequiescat
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:42 pm

Post by EnPaceRequiescat »

back back. I've been really sick lately, and have been trying to get as much rest as possible. I'm the last one, right? hope I haven't kept you guys waiting that long :wink:

my role:

I am Chaplain Xavier of the Salamanders. I am a doctor.

back to the game:

right off the bat, only the one-shot vig thing catches my eye. through some twisting, I think it can be used as a mask for a kill by scum, provided that the method of killing can be changed.

other analysis will come shortly. comments?
freak with short term memory
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:44 pm

Post by Aelyn »

Oops, sorry for the double post, especially with such a long one!
EnPaceRequiescat
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:47 pm

heh, a simul post.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:53 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Of course, there might only be two scum left.

The_Machine's claim is the weakest, I believe, but I have no proof to back this up. However, there is one scum I can nail.

vote : Aelyn
- been secretly talking with someone late at night, have we?

I investigated mathcam the first night, and found him meditating deeply; I assumed he was just a townie, but it turns out he was a doc. Last night, I've given the results. But, Night 2... there was some definite conversation going on between Aelyn and who I now presume to be warpdragon. After this, I say T_M86 is SK.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
EnPaceRequiescat
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:02 pm

ok. after i posted, i saw aelyn's and began reading. midway: dinner and I accidenatlly pressed post. doh!

anyway, i find it:

1) sort of risky for mafia to claim supporting each other, unless it's one of those reverse psychology gambits. Or, they might have decided to do this for some reason because there is still a sk at large. still possible though.
2) unlikely for inhim to do such a claim if he were mafia, and maximum not
3) all the roles seem reasonably in flavor so far, so no one person (other than themachine, who i already pointed out earlier) sticks out that much.

other opinions?
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:04 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

You could vote Aelyn...
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:05 pm

Post by The_Machine86 »

inHimshallibe =
I can prove this too - last night, I followed Maximumum, and found that he was tinkering with inventions beyond my understanding.

Unless I missed something from before, at the time you had posted this, how would've that proved anything? Unless Maximumum backs up your statement, what you said could be a complete lie. However...

Maximumum -
I believe Inhim's role claim because I was found to be tinkering with inventions beyond his understanding and my role states that the Tau has technology other races don't possess. It's nice to know we have a tracker left.

... what he says conviently does.

Now, there is still the group of mafia in play, from what we can tell, two of them. I'm wondering it that is a team effort right there. Each player backing up each others roles.
Woody Allen
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:07 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Wouldn't be much proof if Maximumum's role is out in the open, in my opinion. That's why I claimed the way I did.
Show

:

The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:09 pm

Post by The_Machine86 »

Aelyn wrote: Machine: How precisely does your ability work? What’s the flavour for it?
Basically, it is exactly the same as a vig, who can kill one person per night but I can only use it once in the game.

And what do you mean by flavour?
Woody Allen
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:11 pm

Post by The_Machine86 »

And finally, I'm not going to vote against anyone till Maximumum says something.
Woody Allen
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:00 pm

Post by Maximumum »

Aelyn, my role PM didn't mention anything about a battlesuit. It said I joined the secret council because the Tau are prepared to embrace many ideas and cultures for the benefit of the 'Greater Good'.

Vote: Aelyn

Inhim's investigation doesn't surprise me in the least. I questioned earlier why the mafia would have kept someone around who could analyze the warhammer aspects of the game so well (as his last post demonstrates again). There is no way they would have kept him around this long unless he was mafia.
[i]Nothing says lovin' like something from the oven![/i]
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:12 am

Post by The_Machine86 »

Again, I'm worried. The first two to have voted are the two I think may be mafia. Still though, FOS Aelyn until they say something.
Woody Allen
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:38 am

Post by Aelyn »

OK, I've completely changed my notion about who's scum. It's obvious now that Maximumum and inHim are scum - idea (1) from above was correct.

InHim is lying about investigating me. I know I won't be able to convince you guys of that, but it's true. More tellingly, look at Maximumum's post - his main reasoning for following inHim is that I haven't been nightkilled yet, but the Mafia probably would have nightkilled me. Of course, if those two are working together, they could easily have decided to not kill me, and use this as the basis for trying to get me lynched.

As further evidence, Maximumum says that the battlesuit wasn't mentioned - but O'Shovah fights in this battle suit, and I find it unlikely that the mod would include the Inquisitor's Throne but not the custom battle suit.

The_Machine, me asking about the flavour was actually a deliberate trap. I'd hoped that, had you been scum, you'd have mentioned the Last Chancers as reasoning behind the kill, which makes no sense in the context of the game (as no way would a secret meeting of Imperial leaders include a ragtag group of criminals)

I don't really know what to think about EnPace. His posts haven't exactly been heavily pro-town, but there hasn't been much scummy stuff either. He's spent most of his time confused, it seems, which I think might be misdirection.

Currently, I'm 100% sure that inHim is scum, about 90% sure that Maximumum is scum, about 70% sure that enPace is scum, and about 40% sure that The_Machine is scum.

Vote: inHimshallIbe
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:27 am

Post by The_Machine86 »

vote inHimshallIbe
and FOS Maximumum for the reasons I mentioned before
Woody Allen
EnPaceRequiescat
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:12 pm

TheMachine, you are voting very fast. I am quite suspicious of you.

vote: inHimshallIbe
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:47 pm

Post by The_Machine86 »

EnPaceRequiescat wrote:TheMachine, you are voting very fast. I am quite suspicious of you.

vote: inHimshallIbe
In post 287 and 292, I claimed that I was suspicous of them. Not to mention, the time period between 293 - 294 is a longer period of time then that of 294-295

Still though, I believe for sure that either one of them is mafia.
Woody Allen
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:50 pm

Post by The_Machine86 »

sry for the double post, mafiascum has been acting really slow for me.
Woody Allen
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:38 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Well, there it is... It's pretty obvious that the scum group does consist of 3 - warpdragon, Aelyn, and EnPaceRequiescat. Good game you guys, as I don't think there's much way for The_Machine86 to wriggle out of this one. Man, I was banking on there only being two together in a scum group. Best of luck, Maximumum; maybe you can make it out of this alive.
Show

:

SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:56 am

Post by SinisterOverlord »

+++Official Votecount, V3.0+++

inHimshallibe: 3 (Aelyn, The_Machine86, EnPaceRequiescat)
Aelyn: 2 (inHimshallibe, Maximumum)

"I know!" yelled inHimshallibe, at Aelyn. "You've been talking with someone else... probably the Despoiler! You traitorous filth..." Maximumum simply nodded, his fingers together.

Aelyn shook his head. "You're trying to undermine me? You're lying..."

The_Machine86 growled. "I agree."

"Me too," EnPaceRequiescat chipped in. Aelyn and EnPaceRequiescat began to rise from their seats, to deal with this...

Not one to wait for death to come to him, inHimshallibe jumped up and leapt at EnPaceRequiescat. However, his move was not unexpected, as he brought a long staff up, driving it into his head, instantly snapping his neck. The two would-be executors sat again, not needing to do anything further.

inHimshallibe, Logan Grimnar, has been executed.

It is Night 4. Send in night choices.

+++Transmission Ends+++
MUAHAHAHAHA!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”