The Amazing Race MS Edition (And we are back)

Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:09 pm

Post by Fuzzyman »

What's going to happen to the people who had outstanding clues when the site died? It doesn't seem fair to tack a whole hour onto their times.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:11 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Fuzzyman wrote:What's going to happen to the people who had outstanding clues when the site died? It doesn't seem fair to tack a whole hour onto their times.
Nothing bad will happen to people who are late on this one given that the whole site crashing is something I really didnt take into account when I was making the "be prompt" rule
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:02 pm

Post by farside22 »

LlamaFluff wrote:
Fuzzyman wrote:What's going to happen to the people who had outstanding clues when the site died? It doesn't seem fair to tack a whole hour onto their times.
Nothing bad will happen to people who are late on this one given that the whole site crashing is something I really didnt take into account when I was making the "be prompt" rule
Where is my next place? :cry:
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Making an attempt to catch up now. Clues that arent route info always take longer given that I have to take more things into account.

Now that ive got done cleaning up dog puke, in my bedroom *shudder*, time to make a run at the rest of my inbox
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10013]The Amazing Race - Mafiascum Edition[/url] - Meet the Players
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by farside22 »

I'm now at the rest stop layover for the ruins.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:11 pm

Post by Cybele »

Weep not for me, for I am dead.
Last edited by Cybele on Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:29 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Okay... most teams are somewhat close to the point I will need all teams to be at in order to continue. There are eight teams not there yet, and about half of them have recieved the clue refrencing the stop. I would expect Friday at the latest to be handing out the next batch of clues.
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10013]The Amazing Race - Mafiascum Edition[/url] - Meet the Players
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:31 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

driving 220 miles at one time almost never happens and is very rare. if it happens, it'd be at most once on the entire season as the racers are almost never driving more than two hours without doing a task. if we constantly are driving this mcuh, then i think driving speed formula needs to be redone or we should be allowed to change our stats slightly between legs as right now, the leg seems to be entirely determined on your choice for
Map Reading – Decreases chance of getting lost in populated area
Intuition – Decreases chance of getting lost in rural area
Driving Speed – Decreases amount of time to travel, adds chance for law enforcement tickets (penalties)
at the start of the race

i'd say driving speed of 0 so the slowest you could go for a long distance would be 50 mph. the fastest (150) i'd say would be 70 mph as most speed limits in the US are 55/60 mph. a 75 driving speed puts you at 60 mph. so that means over a 220 mile drive is only making up ~45 minutes.

also BOO at three bunching spots on this leg.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:45 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

ShadowLurker wrote:a 75 driving speed puts you at 60 mph. so that means over a 220 mile drive (which by the way rarely happens on the race maybe only once a season; the maximum they are driving at one time without doing a task is usually like two hours) is only making up ~45 minutes.
The time difference is never this big, a team that was 0/0/150 compared to 150/0/0 would at very most gain 50 minutes, and have a very high chance (at least 60%) of losing most to all of that lead in getting lost. For example in route info 2 I would expect a 0/0/150 to get the next destination about 15 minutes ahead of 150/0/0

If anyone really really really wants to change stats I will let them. The teams with low sense of direction and high speed more more swingy though to apply it in mafia terms. They can come from behind easier, but also have a much higher chance of busting out on getting lost (which occured in the first leg).

This is the only three bunching spot I have in the race right now through leg 8. Bunch 3 was made to break up bunch 2 a little and give bunch 1 straggles a reprive. No one likes a leg that is over by the first flight.
Co-host of The USL Show
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:47 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

LlamaFluff wrote:
ShadowLurker wrote:a 75 driving speed puts you at 60 mph. so that means over a 220 mile drive (which by the way rarely happens on the race maybe only once a season; the maximum they are driving at one time without doing a task is usually like two hours) is only making up ~45 minutes.
The time difference is never this big, a team that was 0/0/150 compared to 150/0/0 would at very most gain 50 minutes, and have a very high chance (at least 60%) of losing most to all of that lead in getting lost. For example in route info 2 I would expect a 0/0/150 to get the next destination about 15 minutes ahead of 150/0/0

If anyone really really really wants to change stats I will let them. The teams with low sense of direction and high speed more more swingy though to apply it in mafia terms. They can come from behind easier, but also have a much higher chance of busting out on getting lost (which occured in the first leg).

This is the only three bunching spot I have in the race right now through leg 8. Bunch 3 was made to break up bunch 2 a little and give bunch 1 straggles a reprive. No one likes a leg that is over by the first flight.
Hey now, I was supposed to say that
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:01 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

LlamaFluff wrote:This is the only three bunching spot I have in the race right now through leg 8. Bunch 3 was made to break up bunch 2 a little and give bunch 1 straggles a reprive. No one likes a leg that is over by the first flight.
Are you kidding? Those are the BEST legs when there is lots of separation.
The Charla and Mirna being 20 hours ahead of 2nd-4th place, who were then another 12 hours ahead of 5th place, who were then another 12 hours of 6th/7th place in TAR11 was my favorite moment ever.

Please have a leg in Africa where there are only flights like every 12 hours and teams get fucked over.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:13 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

ShadowLurker wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:This is the only three bunching spot I have in the race right now through leg 8. Bunch 3 was made to break up bunch 2 a little and give bunch 1 straggles a reprive. No one likes a leg that is over by the first flight.
Are you kidding? Those are the BEST legs when there is lots of separation.
The Charla and Mirna being 20 hours ahead of 2nd-4th place, who were then another 12 hours ahead of 5th place, who were then another 12 hours of 6th/7th place in TAR11 was my favorite moment ever.

Please have a leg in Africa where there are only flights like every 12 hours and teams get fucked over.
By over by the first flight I mean the eliminated player is decided by the flight, which would of occured in this leg. There is one funny thing going on though that I will reveal after everyone reaches bunch 3.

Africa legs will exists though, has TAR ever not gone there?
Co-host of The USL Show
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:16 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Only one eliminated team? Lame.

Also, please have 3 or more Yields/U-Turns. Those are the BEST!
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:37 pm

Post by muffinhead »

I think it should be left just the way the race is as it already is great.
Show
For more info about my gaming history and future plans visit my wiki at

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Muffinhead

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:29 am

Post by farside22 »

Cybele wrote:Time?
Grabbed a ticket at 10:20am
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:28 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Stupid site going down. v_v

I would gotten my ticket on that day instead of today. Oh well.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:11 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

post in thread when you send out ferry clues plz
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:13 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

ShadowLurker wrote:post in thread when you send out ferry clues plz
Still three teams headed to the bunch point. They will have an effect on the game, so I can not force move them. I am expecting the clues to go out Sunday, but it will really matter on how fast people get the last few messages in.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

I need information from one more team before the next bunch of clues can be sent out. If I get that information in the next six hours, the clues should go out at noon PST tomorrow. If I do not the race will start after classes (~3 PM EST) Monday.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:59 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

The next batch of clues will go out around 3PM, PST on Monday.

Also if anyone not in the game wants to be a co-mod that I can discuss a few things I am realizing that need tweaking with I would be greatly obliged
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:31 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Last time on The Amazing Race: Fifteen teams set out from Port-au-Prince, Haiti, going to Cuzco, Peru. In a mad dash to catch an early flight, George and Maybe, TK and Rachel and Shannon and Shanon appeared to be the only teams who would be on the first flight out of the airport, until right before the flight took off, when Matt and Nabil, and Starr and Dallas showed up and managed to grab tickets. Later on, Dylan and Grace took a wrong turn while headed to the airport, followed by many more wrong turns getting themselves hopelessly lost, eventually falling into dead last as the only team to be on the last flight.

After landing in Peru, teams were to drive to the shore of Lake Titicaca, where they would board a ferry. Shannon and Shanon, as well as Starr and Dallas arrived in plenty of time to board the 8 AM ferry, the earliest any team would catch. Right before the ferry would leave, George and Maybe, and Matt and Nabil managed to grab a seat, leaving TK and Rachel stranded on shore until the next ferry would arrive.

On the island, teams had to either tackle shearing wooly Alpacas, or sell a wooly blankets. While Shannon and Shanon, and Matt and Nabil picked up the razors, George and Maybe, and Starr and Dallas went off to test their salesmen skills. Dallas and Starrs Spanish speaking paid off and were the first to be informed that they would be camping overnight on the island, before leaving in three groups of five the next morning.

After arriving on the island an hour behind the first four teams by themselves, TK and Rachel easily completed their task, and joined the other four teams to wrap up the earliest departure time available.

In a mad dash to the ferries from the second flight, every team managed to catch it. Even with Sara and Edward, as well as Albert and Walter cutting it close. At the detour, Albert and Walter, and Boris and Vladimir made quick work on Alpaca shearing and easily grabbed the first two tickets on the second ferry. Despite quite a bit of squealing from Claudia, and Cedric managing to seemingly cut himself more often then the Alpaca, they managed to grab a ticket on the second ferry, and soon were joined by Sara and Edward, and Chris and Kevin, also both arriving from Shear it.

The Alpacas also led to the meltdown of Will, as Vincent could only look on as teams came and left. At Sell it, Kyriake and Gibbler ran into major language barriers, and watched as Zazie and Chao, and Ryan and Kyle passed them up. Ultimately they all ended up on the final ferry though, accompanied by the straggling Dylan and Grace.

Ferries will carry (this is in arrival order)

Ferry 1
Dallas and Starr
Shannon and Shanon
Matt and Nabil
George and Maybe
TK and Rachel

Ferry 2
Albert and Walter
Boris and Vladimir
Sara and Edward
Cedric and Claudia
Chris and Kevin

Ferry 3
Ryan and Kyle
Zazie and Chao
Kyriake and Gibbler
Vincent and Will
Dylan and Grace

Clues will go out around 3PM EST tomorrow.
Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Fuzzyman »

Oh crap. I gotta move.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

Smack middle.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:47 pm

Post by farside22 »

On the good ship lolly pop. It's a sweet ship.

God that is even before my time.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by farside22 »

Hit the mat at 10:22am

Woot!

Return to “Social Game Archive”