NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2725 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:55 pm

Post by pieguyn »

geists wrote:
In post 2719, pieguyn wrote:it seems like in every game Sakura and I 1v1 at some point. so I figured it would be a nice starting point
Ok, so you fabricated a reason for a 1v1, the 1v1 came off perfunctory and fake and it ended without resolution.

And you're
surprised
that I'd get a bad vibe off that?
misrep. I didn't fabricate a reason, I started a 1v1 despite the fact that my reason for accusing her was kind of weak. it was a weak read but not fabricated

I'm surprised bc there is nothing but town intent in said 1v1, and I think you would be able to recognize this. iirc you love reactions and shit, so you pushing this as scummy is really odd. plus, remember in imperishable night when you and Cabd pushed a "scumslip" on me to see my reaction? what's the difference between this and that?

actually, here's a question
In post 653, geists wrote:The surprise is not that you are not townreading me. The surprise is that you are not doing more to sort me. So far, the bulk of your questions to me have been of the form "What do you think of Kaze?" and "Do you agree with me about Kaze?".
this was from AA:MFA. I'm wondering, what have you been doing to sort me this game? until now, I can't remember you asking me any questions. in AA:MFA I recall you pointing out things you didn't like about my posts before you fixed your read on me. but here I can't even remember anything like that 0.0
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #2726 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:56 pm

Post by Bert »

1) since I came here, being assertive and leading a real lynch ever on D1 here? Nope, pie guy's first vote doesn't count

2) saying a ton of stuff without actually doing much? And then avoiding main wagons (see: consensii talk you referenced) Check.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2727 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:57 pm

Post by Bert »

^that post was at Ffery
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2728 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:04 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

Hi!

Guess what. I'm back and about to piss off a few people~

Mara's cool with it so whatever.

I wifomed the mason retract but
I am seriously a mason
. (Yes tammy you get to fucking get over yourself) No, not with broseidon. Who I'm partnered with should be obvious but we're not talking about it in any way shape or form today.

The real main reason I'm claiming is this, though.

We have daychat

This means scum has daychat too, most likely not as a part of a role, but merely granted by the setup mechanics. (I just checked, you don't have to have an encyptor to allow daychat in normal games) I decided my lifespan shortening a day or two is worth the info this grants; because hey, I'm pretty shit for reads this game anyways.
Cabd: "hell, mc maraca is a two lady hydra of justice"
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2729 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:09 pm

Post by geists »

quote="In post 2725, pieguyn"]
geists wrote:
In post 2719, pieguyn wrote:it seems like in every game Sakura and I 1v1 at some point. so I figured it would be a nice starting point
Ok, so you fabricated a reason for a 1v1, the 1v1 came off perfunctory and fake and it ended without resolution.

And you're
surprised
that I'd get a bad vibe off that?
misrep. I didn't fabricate a reason, I started a 1v1 despite the fact that my reason for accusing her was kind of weak. it was a weak read but not fabricated[/quote]

Ok. I'll accept "weak reason" for "fabricated reason". Same concern from my perspective, though. Your initiation of the 1v1 didn't feel genuine. It's not something that jumped out at me for the time because I didn't want to deal with more conflict in this game at that point, and as I said at the time, I pretty much scrolled through your exchange. When I read that section of the game later, after the heat had died away, it did not come off like your exchanges with Sakura in GiF's games.
I'm surprised bc there is nothing but town intent in said 1v1, and I think you would be able to recognize this. iirc you love reactions and shit, so you pushing this as scummy is really odd. plus, remember in imperishable night when you and Cabd pushed a "scumslip" on me to see my reaction? what's the difference between this and that?
It came off like you were checking off tick marks in what you perceive as your town game. "mix it up with Sakura - check".
actually, here's a question
In post 653, geists wrote:The surprise is not that you are not townreading me. The surprise is that you are not doing more to sort me. So far, the bulk of your questions to me have been of the form "What do you think of Kaze?" and "Do you agree with me about Kaze?".
this was from AA:MFA. I'm wondering, what have you been doing to sort me this game? until now, I can't remember you asking me any questions. in AA:MFA I recall you pointing out things you didn't like about my posts before you fixed your read on me. but here I can't even remember anything like that 0.0
My play is probably more like GiF's micro in some ways. Though the direction of suspicion is opposite, sorting Nacho was my early-to-midgame priority. I'm not fully happy that I've sorted him, but given his levenl of presence in the thread, this is probably as good as it gets on day 1. If that's my sole contribution to the game state, it will have to do.
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2730 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:10 pm

Post by The Purple Plague »

soo....

can everyone move to F16 now?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2731 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:12 pm

Post by geists »

In post 2726, Bert wrote:1) since I came here, being assertive and leading a real lynch ever on D1 here? Nope, pie guy's first vote doesn't count

2) saying a ton of stuff without actually doing much? And then avoiding main wagons (see: consensii talk you referenced) Check.
I don't understand what you're asking/telling me here.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2732 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:13 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 2730, The Purple Plague wrote:soo....

can everyone move to F16 now?
shheeeetttt
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2733 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:17 pm

Post by Bert »

Why F16

And ffery I was pointing out

1) you're saying a ton of things without doing much

2) you're not leading real lynches
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2734 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:18 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2728, MC Maraca wrote:Hi!

Guess what. I'm back and about to piss off a few people~

Mara's cool with it so whatever.

I wifomed the mason retract but
I am seriously a mason
. (Yes tammy you get to fucking get over yourself) No, not with broseidon. Who I'm partnered with should be obvious but we're not talking about it in any way shape or form today.

The real main reason I'm claiming is this, though.

We have daychat

This means scum has daychat too, most likely not as a part of a role, but merely granted by the setup mechanics. (I just checked, you don't have to have an encyptor to allow daychat in normal games) I decided my lifespan shortening a day or two is worth the info this grants; because hey, I'm pretty shit for reads this game anyways.
I just got back, I have no idea what's happened, but I feel the need to tell you you're a dumbass.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2735 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:18 pm

Post by Bert »

Dat hydra slip, Mara lol
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2736 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:18 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

You're welcome cephrir!

Hi yourself.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2737 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:18 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

I have other reasons, don't you worry cephrir baby.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2738 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:20 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

Now knowing my alignment to be town go back and re-read the interactions f16 had with us. That's what mara is getting at. You can hear the skidding of brakes.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2739 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:20 pm

Post by Bert »

Who are you addressing in your past 2 posts.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2740 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:21 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 2738, MC Maraca wrote:Now knowing my alignment to be town go back and re-read the interactions f16 had with us. That's what mara is getting at. You can hear the skidding of brakes.
This one is for you bert.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2741 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:24 pm

Post by Bert »

Ok
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2742 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:25 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

I am not sold you are town. Still null at this point. You could be an actual Mason. You could be a VT fake-claiming Mason. Or you could be scum fake-claiming Mason. Regardless, Mara made a dumb move earlier in the game. If you were competent town, I'd expect you to own up to it and back off. You didn't. You continued acting as if you were in the right and OMGUSing me. That makes you (Mara) either scum or incompetent town. I am not sure which. That's why you are in my annoyance pile. Only incompetent townies tunnel mindlessly. I backed off of voting you several pages ago so if you are actually town and this ends up being TvT, it is not my fault and you better not blame me at endgame, just saying that now.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2743 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:26 pm

Post by Cephrir »

The first thing I did upon seeing Bert in this game was ISO him.

Regrettably he is not at this juncture Grade A certified Hard Boiled town, not yet anyway. Feel pretty confident about my ability to generate a strong read here as data collects.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2744 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:27 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2742, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I am not sold you are town. Still null at this point. You could be an actual Mason. You could be a VT fake-claiming Mason. Or you could be scum fake-claiming Mason. Regardless, Mara made a dumb move earlier in the game. If you were competent town, I'd expect you to own up to it and back off. You didn't. You continued acting as if you were in the right and OMGUSing me. That makes you (Mara) either scum or incompetent town. I am not sure which. That's why you are in my annoyance pile. Only incompetent townies tunnel mindlessly. I backed off of voting you several pages ago so if you are actually town and this ends up being TvT, it is not my fault and you better not blame me at endgame, just saying that now.
Dunno what you're going on about but I do know this post rubs me the wrong way.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2745 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:27 pm

Post by Cephrir »

More legitimate content will happen when I'm actually home, but for now expect baseless potshots.
Bartleby the Scrivener
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2746 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:28 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

F-16: If you think i'd fakeclaim mason at this stage in the game as town, you are showing that you have clearly not ACTUALLY meta-checked the kind of gambits I pull; or you're choosing to ignore that for your own agendas. I take risks, but not the kind that might out a real set of masons were I to be VT.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2747 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:28 pm

Post by geists »

I actually want to have the other mason out to believe the claim. No, I don't care about keeping them hidden, you're the main wagon right now and I'm hesitant to believe the claim.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2748 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:29 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 2744, Cephrir wrote:
In post 2742, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I am not sold you are town. Still null at this point. You could be an actual Mason. You could be a VT fake-claiming Mason. Or you could be scum fake-claiming Mason. Regardless, Mara made a dumb move earlier in the game. If you were competent town, I'd expect you to own up to it and back off. You didn't. You continued acting as if you were in the right and OMGUSing me. That makes you (Mara) either scum or incompetent town. I am not sure which. That's why you are in my annoyance pile. Only incompetent townies tunnel mindlessly. I backed off of voting you several pages ago so if you are actually town and this ends up being TvT, it is not my fault and you better not blame me at endgame, just saying that now.
Dunno what you're going on about but I do know this post rubs me the wrong way.
Guess who is already voting him for the total 180 he did on me after voting me and realizing I wouldn't go through!
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2749 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:29 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 2747, geists wrote:I actually want to have the other mason out to believe the claim. No, I don't care about keeping them hidden, you're the main wagon right now and I'm hesitant to believe the claim.
If this is nati, go talk to ffery and come back.

If this is ffery, I'm terribly sorry you drew scum, I can fix that for you.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”