SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2600 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:42 am

Post by SafetyDance »

So town could only get the ring if the TP-Vig/Mafia "killed" Gollum the first night, Gollum got it wrong on the recall and died the next night (or guessed wrong) and then the other-scum was rung up the next day? As others said, way too OP. Did this get reviewed?

Definitely needed more setup spec and no idea why the town on my lynch thought it was scummy, people were avoiding the Who/GM problem. Anyway the slot was useless. The first guy did nothing and then the next one investigated someone he was always going to get negative on. Well, whatevs. Role only had powered if we knew all flavor anyway.
"You got a chapter in one of those books on jumping to conclusions? You attach an assumption to a piece of evidence, you start to bend the narrative to support it, prejudice yourself."
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2601 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:01 am

Post by waynegg »

In post 2576, Amrun wrote:Holy shit, waynegg was scum the whole time. xD Never again will HE get the benefit of the doubt!

I have to say that there was a mechanics/balance issue with the Gollum role; town had NO WAY to take it out after he got the ring. It should be difficult, but possible.
Lol! Anti-scum but yeah. I worked for ages on my fake claim!
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2602 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:03 am

Post by waynegg »

In post 2579, zMuffinMan wrote:ok. first of all, i came into the game hoping against all odds that there would never be a massclaim because lol TREEBEARD WTF. i had planned to claim 1-shot commuter if it ever came down to it, but wow...
You read my thoughts perfectly my man!
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2603 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:11 am

Post by waynegg »

I really enjoyed the game. Wish I hadn't gone stupid so I coulda finished it. If I really got under your skin SK, sorry, but I was playing to my wincon and you guys had me pegged so I had to get rid of you and look town while doing it so the sarcasm had to pour. If you all hadn't been on me so hard I probably wouldn't have gone after you with the same tenacity.

Good game, had fun!
Like LEGO minifigs?
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2604 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:15 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

Oh yeah you were driving me legit crazy. If you were town, I'd blacklist you. But you weren't so I forgive you.
To be clear: quack
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2605 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:16 am

Post by waynegg »

Thanks!
Like LEGO minifigs?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2606 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:19 am

Post by Empking »

In post 2600, SafetyDance wrote:So town could only get the ring if the TP-Vig/Mafia "killed" Gollum the first night, Gollum got it wrong on the recall and died the next night (or guessed wrong) and then the other-scum was rung up the next day? As others said, way too OP. Did this get reviewed?
There are many more ways for town to get the ring. They could lynch Gollum and hope Gollum gets killed/made the wrong gamble on if the ringbearer would get killed. It seems silly to act like town couldn't have won; they knew they had to get the ring to win, and on Day Six they knew goodmorning had it, yet at no point did town have the ring for even a second yet if they did get the ring from goodmorning they quite possibly could have won (by Day Seven, they were dependent on scum, but that's the nature of multi-faction games; it's like the leashed serial killer dependent on town and scum for a shot at victory).

Yes, if Gollum played the night-game perfectly, and avoided the possibility of being nightkilled then town would lose without feeling they deserved to, and that's a definite problem. However, I think people acting like there was no other possibility but a third party win are werongheaded and are just looking at how the game played out this time; yes, once the Mafia lost two of their members in the first three days and was then Cop investigated the Mafia didn't stand much of a chance; yes, once the town decided to allow third party to be their hammer voter, they didn't stand much of a chance. However, none of those things had to happen. The set up definitely had flaws, but it being preordained that the third party would win is not one of those.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2607 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:20 am

Post by waynegg »

I'm sure Who was like, wtf?!, but I decided to play the too scummy to be scum thing. I left my slot pretty well set up for the win it think. Muffin endgamed and I think he would have won if Gollum wasn't a tad broken.
Like LEGO minifigs?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2608 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:23 am

Post by waynegg »

In post 2606, Empking wrote:
In post 2600, SafetyDance wrote:So town could only get the ring if the TP-Vig/Mafia "killed" Gollum the first night, Gollum got it wrong on the recall and died the next night (or guessed wrong) and then the other-scum was rung up the next day? As others said, way too OP. Did this get reviewed?
There are many more ways for town to get the ring. They could lynch Gollum and hope Gollum gets killed/made the wrong gamble on if the ringbearer would get killed. It seems silly to act like town couldn't have won; they knew they had to get the ring to win, and on Day Six they knew goodmorning had it, yet at no point did town have the ring for even a second yet if they did get the ring from goodmorning they quite possibly could have won (by Day Seven, they were dependent on scum, but that's the nature of multi-faction games; it's like the leashed serial killer dependent on town and scum for a shot at victory).

Yes, if Gollum played the night-game perfectly, and avoided the possibility of being nightkilled then town would lose without feeling they deserved to, and that's a definite problem. However, I think people acting like there was no other possibility but a third party win are werongheaded and are just looking at how the game played out this time; yes, once the Mafia lost two of their members in the first three days and was then Cop investigated the Mafia didn't stand much of a chance; yes, once the town decided to allow third party to be their hammer voter, they didn't stand much of a chance. However, none of those things had to happen. The set up definitely had flaws, but it being preordained that the third party would win is not one of those.
So if GM had been lynched and the NK'd she would have died before she could get the ring back?
Like LEGO minifigs?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2609 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:34 am

Post by Empking »

In post 2608, waynegg wrote:So if GM had been lynched and the NK'd she would have died before she could get the ring back?
Yeah. The steal, as Gollum knew, came after kills. [Off Topic: I would put the core problem of the game was that, although it was more open than most (three scum etc), it was still too dependent to players acting the right way to information they had no way of knowing.]
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #2610 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:43 am

Post by BROseidon »

40% anti-town faction is insane.

PA and I played around with the idea of Muffin also being 3rd party, but figured that the game wouldn't be 40% scum. That's an absurd ratio.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #2611 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:46 am

Post by Amrun »

You and PA made me so happy after I died. We were thinking along such the same lines.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2612 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:00 am

Post by waynegg »

Well thanks for the game Emp. I would happily play any of yours!
Like LEGO minifigs?
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2613 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:20 am

Post by SafetyDance »

So town still only could have won IF anti-town killing factions worked with them? That's absurd wrangle for a town win-con, scum would do what they did this game and leave them in the game everytime because they'll just push for an easy lynch. Which means you're banking on the third-party vig to kill. Lynching GM...she knows who hammers her! It doesn't matter what alignment that person is because she still knows who has it.
"You got a chapter in one of those books on jumping to conclusions? You attach an assumption to a piece of evidence, you start to bend the narrative to support it, prejudice yourself."
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2614 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:34 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

Oh yeah it was really surprising that no one cared that muffin trolled the thread with us.
To be clear: quack
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2615 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:39 am

Post by Empking »

In post 2613, SafetyDance wrote:So town still only could have won IF anti-town killing factions worked with them? That's absurd wrangle for a town win-con, scum would do what they did this game and leave them in the game everytime because they'll just push for an easy lynch. Which means you're banking on the third-party vig to kill. Lynching GM...she knows who hammers her! It doesn't matter what alignment that person is because she still knows who has it.
She does not know who will have it at the end of the night. The rest of your post, I think, stems from that error.
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2616 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:12 am

Post by waynegg »

In post 2615, Empking wrote:
In post 2613, SafetyDance wrote:So town still only could have won IF anti-town killing factions worked with them? That's absurd wrangle for a town win-con, scum would do what they did this game and leave them in the game everytime because they'll just push for an easy lynch. Which means you're banking on the third-party vig to kill. Lynching GM...she knows who hammers her! It doesn't matter what alignment that person is because she still knows who has it.
She does not know who will have it at the end of the night. The rest of your post, I think, stems from that error.
And if she were NK'd herself it wouldn't have mattered.

If TF hadn't been outed when GM was, scum would have every motivation to NK the third party.
Like LEGO minifigs?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2617 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:51 am

Post by waynegg »

So I think there were three avenues for a different outcome at the beginning of D6.

Both would have started with "outing" goodmorning even though Muffin didn't investigate her and saying nothing about TF

N6 TF kills goodmorning, Muffin claims TF as scum, other 3rd party wins

N6 TF kills Muffin (which would have been funny for the reaction of town) ring is back in play. From there on either scum or town could have won.

This game ended the way it did the same way pretty much any game ends. On a misplay. It's easy to Monday-morning quarterback, and that's not what I'm doing here. I can't say what I would've done in Muffin's shoes would have been any different. I'm just pointing out how the game was balanced. I think it was a well put together game!
Like LEGO minifigs?
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2618 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:02 am

Post by ToastyToast »

I really don't want to count this game as a loss.

I was also really expecting a muffinscum victory O.o
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2619 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:50 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Rach wanted to kill you SO BADLY. I was sure we had already tried, but I guess we hadn't.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2620 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:51 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

^^^ That was in response to goodmorning, bottom of previous page.

Someone made a new page and I missed it.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2621 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:16 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Pretty Bummed...

I guess lesson learned?

I figured Muffin wasn't town but I didn't imagine that TF, Muffin, and GM were all anti town. Very disappointed that town did so well tracking scum but still lost... oh well...
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2622 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:11 am

Post by killerjester »

Soooooo...... how does town destroy the ring?
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2623 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:17 am

Post by Empking »

In post 2622, killerjester wrote:Soooooo...... how does town destroy the ring?
By having the ring during the day, and PMing me to destroy it.
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2624 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:19 am

Post by killerjester »

That applies to all town roles?
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”