Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2575 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:16 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2568, Grimgroove wrote:That statement about herpaderp after a guilty-claim is very true and it's something that's not going to happen to me again I hope. One lesson learned.
It's a good lesson to learn, I know it took me a while. Soon though you'll fall into the trap of never believing PR claims, and then will herpaderp about that for a while until you find a healither balance. The trick, in my opinion, is to take *every* claim with a grain of salt and always look for supporting evidence to validate the claim.
In post 2569, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:thor hates me
If I gave that impression it was unintentional, I don't hate you at all.
Drunken Lies
Drunken Lies
Mafia Scum
Drunken Lies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2576 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:16 pm

Post by Drunken Lies »

thor!

i likd you a lot! :( you did wll you shoul not be upst.
Drunken Lies
Drunken Lies
Mafia Scum
Drunken Lies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2577 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:16 pm

Post by Drunken Lies »

oh this etl btw.
Drunken Lies
Drunken Lies
Mafia Scum
Drunken Lies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2578 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:19 pm

Post by Drunken Lies »

stop hydra slipping ETL :P
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2579 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:50 pm

Post by Belisarius »

I have GOT to stalk whatever game you wind up in.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2580 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:09 am

Post by mastin2 »

Bumping this to let you know I haven't forgotten y'all. Just been busy. <3
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2581 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:37 am

Post by mastin2 »

Another bump, here, because I was asked.

Detailed write-ups will have to wait until I've skimmed the game again to check things (not to mention, read the mafia QT a bit--I can give the mafia in-thread feedback but the true feedback can only come through seeing the entirety of their thought process, which requires some, ah, "light reading". :P), but basically, a lot of my feedback is things that you've already heard me say.

Antihero:
Your modding's awesome. It was basically spot-on the entire game. You kept things witty, your interactions really livened up the game, and you never did anything as far as I can tell that was questionable.

ArcAngel9:
I've said it before, I'll say it again. You're a
brilliant
player...when you actually play the damn game. :P Please do, next time. <3

Belisarius:
You did a good job of making yourself pretty damn obvtown, but I think you basically need to refine your process. For instance, semantics are not going to get you very far in a game at all. Tone can, for instance ETL's fakerage beeing, well...faked. :P Interactions can. Motives and mindsets, the intention behind actions, can. But the literal word in a game very rarely means much, as it's largely based off of a player as a person. It's not so much what the player's doing, so much as it is WHY they're doing it that's important.

Buckwild:
Continue playing the game. You should keep your game load down, probably only one or two games at maximum. Know that mafiascum games tend to move at a rate of a couple pages per day on average (more or less depending on the game size and the players within, increasingly moving towards more via games' increasingly-longer lengths), so you should make sure you give yourself the time for that. If you do, I imagine you can be a good player.

Darthe:
Honestly, I don't really remember much about your play this game off the top of my head. When I go into full-detailed analysis mode, I'll give you better feedback, but given this post, I can tell you a very likely aspect of it--you weren't very memorable, and in games, that's a problem. :P The more forgettable you are in a game, the more likely it is that your play is hovering at that average level. Not a
bad
player, but also not a good one, either. (Of course, skill is relative. In a game of newbs, you'd probably be an excellent player, and in a game of champions, a weaker one.) Basically, most of the stronger players in the game are
also
some of the most memorable. I might forget having played games with people (that happens when you've played 130+ of them over your career :P), but I've never met anyone who forgot they played a game with me.
Ever
. Even if our last game together was years ago. It's for that exact reason. Because I'm impossible to forget. Because I leave an impression on others. And you need to do so yourself if you want to be listened to. I don't remember your play this game well enough to give feedback, but I vaguely recall your reads being at least halfway-decent, yet overall ignored and put on scum's mislynch-bait list. If you left an indent on players, then this wouldn't be nearly as easy for them to pull off.

Fear and Loading hydra:
You guys were awesome, what else can I say other than that? :P I guess, actually, sorta the same as Darthe. You left an impression on me, replacing in after you guys were dead. And your reads were damn-good, too! But nobody except for me actually listened to them. Fear of doing NKA might have been part of it, but another large part of it is that people recognized you two were town, but didn't recognize how damn good you two were AS town. :P Basically, you need to make sure the accuracy of your reads is more publicized, so that your death is more memorable. If you die, let it be broadcast to the town that it's BECAUSE of those good reads, rather than any other factors.

Grimgroove:
We should totally hydra some time. :P Your reads were pretty damn good, your thought process largely in line with my own, and your overall play being quite strong. Just make sure you can refine things, and know when to doubt a read and when
not
to doubt a read.

Guyett:
You didn't drag Grim down
that
much, but you certainly were the weaker of the two halves this game. I'm not really remembering much about you compared to Grim, so more detailed analysis will come later. In the mean time, some preliminary homework: study the reads of the players who were more accurate than you. Try to think of what they picked up on that you missed. Study what you did well, and what you didn't do well this game. Incorporate the better elements of other players' games into your play in future games, to help mitigate your weaknesses as a player.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2582 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:37 am

Post by mastin2 »

JKLM:
To be honest, I can't really remember why you got lynched in the first place. You didn't seem to be doing that badly overall, but I think I need a little one-on-one time to give you some greater feedback. I remember thinking that I had seen something in you, something that showed great promise and potential, that could be brought out, but I can't remember what that was off the top of my head.

MafiaSSK:
You did a good job of making yourself obvtown, but that's...that's about it, as far as I can remember. Your reads I don't think were that bad, but I need to actually do some work to see if I can help ya grow. I know that you've already begun to grow quite a bit from when you played originally, but I think you can go much further if you want to.

Majiffy:
Listen to your damn mason partner. :P I might not be a God-tiered scumhunter, but I'm practically the third member of your flowchart. :P

Paschendale:
Honestly, I don't think your thought process is the problem in your posts, I don't think the problem is with your reads themselves, and overall, I don't think the problem with you is anything to do with what you're thinking. I think the main problem you have as a player is with your delivery, similar to some of the other players on here that I'm vaguely recalling the play of. Basically, the formatting of your thought process makes it look scummy-as-hell to a town player.

I'm not sure I can pin it down. Hell, even if I remembered every post of yours off the top of my head (nope, not even close :P), I'm still not sure I'd be able to pin it down. But that said, I'll take a wild guess at what it might be, and advise you to look into streamlining your posting process.

pirate mollie:
<3 mollie. I'm not sure there's much advice I can offer ya, other than to protect ME from being nightkilled. :P

Thor:
Not sure I can really give you much feedback, given that you correctly scumread ETL and AP heavily and pointed this out quite well and were lynched beause of a BSing scum player. I guess my advice would be to stick to eliminating the larger threat (AP) first. If and only if that fails should you be willing to compromise; you probably shouldn't be advocating it despite protests from me and Majiffy. :P

Varsoon:
You were awesome, man. Just keep your head cool. You almost had things, and had them down pretty damn well. If you had stuck through and not replaced out, who knows? You've got good skill, when you apply it. So, well...you need to apply it. :P

On me:
I might have started out fairly strong, but I'm actually kinda disappointed in my play this game. I gained confidence in my reads (confidence I was oh so desperately needing), because they were good, but I never pushed them as hardly as I should have. If I had, then we might have gotten an AP lynch rather than a Pasch lynch, giving us that one extra day we needed in order to win. My reads were largely ignored after my death, in part because I was drifting away from the good ones as I let myself go off on tangents. If I had kept my focus, I would have been golden.

Butyeah, this is all preliminary analysis, not anything truly solid.

If you want immediate elaboration on any of this, just ask a question and I'll give ya an answer.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2583 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:38 am

Post by mastin2 »

Oh, and if it wasn't obvious. Scumteam gets feedback in a bit.
For now, just recognize that my nth of your performance is what I think. :P
My academy.
Agnigi
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2584 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:29 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2582, mastin2 wrote:I guess my advice would be to stick to eliminating the larger threat (AP) first. If and only if that fails should you be willing to compromise
That might make sense if it was what I was doing.
It wasn't.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2585 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:52 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 2582, mastin2 wrote:
Majiffy:
Listen to your damn mason partner. :P I might not be a God-tiered scumhunter, but I'm practically the third member of your flowchart. :P
You're there in spirit <3
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #2586 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:19 am

Post by pirate mollie »

wait why did all I get was 1 lousy sentence while every1 else got "oh u r awsum \o/ lets hydra" posts

pfffttt...
whew!
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2587 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:44 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

Because you were so good you don't need his hydra help! <3 (I totally agree)
Art is cool.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2588 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:14 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2586, pirate mollie wrote:wait why did all I get was 1 lousy sentence while every1 else got "oh u r awsum \o/ lets hydra" posts

pfffttt...
Same reason that you got a very short description in Chain of Command--
In post 2587, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Because you were so good you don't need his hydra help! <3 (I totally agree)
This, exactly this. :P

(That said. We SHOULD hydra. :P)
My academy.
Agnigi
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #2589 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:17 am

Post by Equinox »

Mine?