Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2575 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:07 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

This game was fun but I think it'd be pretty infuriating if I was town.
Also N2, we all agreed on who to kill... and then just no one submitted it.
Gollum OP
To be clear: quack
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #2576 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:11 am

Post by Amrun »

Holy shit, waynegg was scum the whole time. xD Never again will HE get the benefit of the doubt!

I have to say that there was a mechanics/balance issue with the Gollum role; town had NO WAY to take it out after he got the ring. It should be difficult, but possible.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #2577 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:13 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

We told you Amrun
We told you
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #2578 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:14 am

Post by Amrun »

WELL, to be fair, I didn't think he was groupscum, so I just kind of didn't care. And he wasn't groupscum.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2579 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:16 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

ok. first of all, i came into the game hoping against all odds that there would never be a massclaim because lol TREEBEARD WTF. i had planned to claim 1-shot commuter if it ever came down to it, but wow...

i had no idea i was partnered with a vig. so i was like LloLoLoLoL bus and didn't give it a second thought. when he claimed vig i was all like, "well, fuck me dead."

after that i was just... yeah... a bit apathetic, going with the flow. hangman with scum because why the fuck not?

then goodmorning claimed to have destroyed the ring and i was all like, "lololol you're scum!" because i'd already asked empking what happened if the ring is destroyed and he told me all win con one would be removed from the game.

then i got the ring and was like, "VICTORY!" then i lost it the first time and was like, "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK."

then i got the ring again and was like, "PLEASE DON'T HAVE AN ACTIVE STEALING ABILITY!" and then day seven started and i received no PM saying i'd lost the ring. So I was like, "VICTORY!" and PMed Empking a question about the ring, only to have him be like, "trololol you actually lost it last night!". so i was like, "FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK... AGAIN."

>:|
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2580 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:18 am

Post by Venrob »

Yeah denethor should have been backup, and gollum should have been Non-consecutive night (for stealing). That would mean gollum checks someone every night for the ring, and if they take it from someone they cannot take action the next night.

With the game I knew miss sub was scum and wayne was not scum WITH miss, though didn't account for wayne being a ringscum. Hell, didn't account for 3 FUCKING RINGSCUM!

One more thing on the setup, should have added either
another PR and 2 more VT's
or
4 more VT's
, PR would be a
ringscum cop
who detects third party players, though gets same result on wraiths and town (ring allows checking for wraiths anyways).

And so we learn that poison only happened when spiff saved someone, meaning spiff and I were partners in a way- we had to protect the same person for them to be completely safe. He delayed the kill by making it poison rather than death, and I made poison nothing.

More setup: Make gandalf full powerful doctor who saves completely, make the BFF team (vig and backup vig) have poisoning abilities rather than killing abilities. Then KI would have been much more useful.
I'm back!
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2581 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:22 am

Post by Empking »

In post 2574, BROseidon wrote:Town lynches only scum the entire game.
That didn't happen. See Day Four.

P-Edit: I agree with what you said; although to a point Faramir wasn't so different from the 'ringscum' cop; although definitely weaker.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #2582 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:23 am

Post by BROseidon »

Or, you know.

Make it so you don't have scum who actually just can't lose the game.

pedit: Oh right day 4 when town did a really dumb lynch and I wasn't there to derail it >.>
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2583 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:29 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

technically the d1 lynch happened because subliminal did some weird bussing stuff where he brought monkey's scumminess to light then backed off. prior to that, monkey wasn't really under any suspicion.

and the d3 lynch was as a result of scum giving you the lynch.

but yeah, i probably would have been frustrated as town. but i also felt the same frustration as scum. trying to first figure out what the fuck the ring mechanic was, then how to get it, then how to keep it... sigh
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #2584 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:33 am

Post by Amrun »

Empking, just wanted to say I enjoyed the set-up and the mechanics besides that one blip. I always like your set-ups because they're fresh.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2585 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:35 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2576, Amrun wrote:Holy shit, waynegg was scum the whole time. xD Never again will HE get the benefit of the doubt!
no. muffin was in Waynes slot. Mattel/goodmorning were scum.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #2586 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:36 am

Post by Amrun »

waynegg zMuffinMan - Denethor II, Ring-Loving BFF
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #2587 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:37 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 2583, zMuffinMan wrote:technically the d1 lynch happened because subliminal did some weird bussing stuff where he brought monkey's scumminess to light then backed off. prior to that, monkey wasn't really under any suspicion.
No way they're scumbuddies right
RIGHT
except ring

And uh yes wayne was scum. Also his role was scum.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2588 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:40 am

Post by Nero Cain »

wait...who/muffin and mattel were all ring scum

and the AndyKrew hydra/TF and Monkey were scum as well

yep town was fucked.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2589 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:40 am

Post by Nero Cain »

wait...who/muffin and mattel were all ring scum

and the AndyKrew hydra/TF and Monkey were scum as well

yep town was fucked.

Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #2590 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:41 am

Post by Who »

In post 2579, zMuffinMan wrote:ok. first of all, i came into the game hoping against all odds that there would never be a massclaim because lol TREEBEARD WTF. i had planned to claim 1-shot commuter if it ever came down to it, but wow...

i had no idea i was partnered with a vig. so i was like LloLoLoLoL bus and didn't give it a second thought. when he claimed vig i was all like, "well, fuck me dead."

after that i was just... yeah... a bit apathetic, going with the flow. hangman with scum because why the fuck not?

then goodmorning claimed to have destroyed the ring and i was all like, "lololol you're scum!" because i'd already asked empking what happened if the ring is destroyed and he told me all win con one would be removed from the game.

then i got the ring and was like, "VICTORY!" then i lost it the first time and was like, "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK."

then i got the ring again and was like, "PLEASE DON'T HAVE AN ACTIVE STEALING ABILITY!" and then day seven started and i received no PM saying i'd lost the ring. So I was like, "VICTORY!" and PMed Empking a question about the ring, only to have him be like, "trololol you actually lost it last night!". so i was like, "FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK... AGAIN."

And I had no idea I was partnered with vanilla, otherwise I would have bussed back when you were Waynegg.

Town lost because they lynched me. Otherwise I would have killed Goodmorning and then town could have lynched me then TF. And that is when you know it's a flawed setup, when town needs to not lynch not-town or else they lose.
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #2591 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:41 am

Post by Who »

In post 2579, zMuffinMan wrote:ok. first of all, i came into the game hoping against all odds that there would never be a massclaim because lol TREEBEARD WTF. i had planned to claim 1-shot commuter if it ever came down to it, but wow...

And I had no idea I was partnered with vanilla, otherwise I would have bussed back when you were Waynegg.

Town lost because they lynched me. Otherwise I would have killed Goodmorning and then town could have lynched me then TF. And that is when you know it's a flawed setup, when town needs to not lynch not-town or else they lose.
Who said that?
Or is it?
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #2592 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:41 am

Post by Who »

Who said that?
Or is it?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2593 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:48 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 2587, SleepyKrew wrote:No way they're scumbuddies right
RIGHT
mm. prior to that i had you as scum for how much you guys were harping on about destroying the ring and your posts just looked scummy. but that was a good example of bussing, though, because it wasn't like an instant turn, it was a turn after pages of questioning. 'twas good.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2594 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:49 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

(well, it would have been better if you followed through with it but you backed off)
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #2595 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:55 am

Post by BROseidon »

Trying to remember whether I had Miss S as ringscum or bussing scumbuddy after day 1, but I had the slot as scum. I could go look it up in the hydra QT but lazy.

I was only right on 2/4 of my post day-1 reads, but fairly quickly figured out TF days 2/3 and then figured out that GM was scum from the awkward ring movements.

And yeah, Who's right. As I've said, GM losing one of the abilities would have made it fine, but having both basically made the game unwinnable for town.
Twin Flames
Twin Flames
Goon
Twin Flames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2596 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:49 pm

Post by Twin Flames »

I do think it needs to be tweaked for sure.

We ended up with a setup where we had an unlynchable 3rd party, a 3rd party who was able to use the ring to figure out who was scum. So basically we were in the awful position of not winning, and town not winning.... I think a 1 shot unlynchable would have been better than always unlynchable.

For balance, town and regular scum should have had as much chance as 3rd parties did.

lol if my scum buds do not mind, I am happy with releasing the scum QT.
Hydra of RachMarie and Nobody Special
If a post contains 'lol' or 'peeps' or 'scumz' it's Rachael.
If a post is unsigned, it's Rachael.
Twin Flames
Twin Flames
Goon
Twin Flames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2597 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:50 pm

Post by Twin Flames »

Still there was a lot of fun elements and the rhymes were cute ♥
Twin Flames
Twin Flames
Goon
Twin Flames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2598 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:52 pm

Post by Twin Flames »

oh yeah all of that was Rach.

Toward the end when we were not able to lynch GM yet again, like muffin, NS got really apathetic with this game. Both of us would have rather lost to town because town did a great job, or to 3rd party for doing a great job, rather than due to a mechanic that made it impossible for anyone but 3rd party to win.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2599 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:00 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 2574, BROseidon wrote:Giving Gollum the ability to steal the ring and having him be lynchproof while he has it was blatantly OP. Otherwise I think the setup was relatively okay.
Completely deathproof, actually. Bit OP but it was damned hard to keep attempting to bullshit after my positive investigation.

I like that I did actually catch Muffin's 3rdparty slip but discounted it as I didn't think there'd be that many third party players in the game.
In post 2579, zMuffinMan wrote:then goodmorning claimed to have destroyed the ring and i was all like, "lololol you're scum!" because i'd already asked empking what happened if the ring is destroyed and he told me all win con one would be removed from the game.
SO THAT'S WHY YOU FREAKED OUT ON ME SO MUCH

Seriously, though, there would be so many reasons for a townie to lie about destroying the ring, so that wasn't very fair of you.
In post 2592, Who wrote:Town lost because they lynched me. Otherwise I would have killed Goodmorning and then town could have lynched me then TF.
I was NK-proof too as long as the ring was mine.

PEDIT BOO I DID AN OK JOB KINDA

I LUCKED INTO MY LAST THIRD-PARTY WIN TOO

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”