Twin Flames
Twin Flames
Goon
Twin Flames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2550 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:42 pm

Post by Twin Flames »

muffin what about a NL since basically that is what happens when we try to lynch GM

and then hopefully the scum kills GM tonight...

I am not sure how else to break the stalemate here.

--Rach
Hydra of RachMarie and Nobody Special
If a post contains 'lol' or 'peeps' or 'scumz' it's Rachael.
If a post is unsigned, it's Rachael.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2551 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:58 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i would rather try to lynch gm on the off-chance that he's only 2-shot unlynchable. if he's perma-unlynchable then it's functionally the same anyway.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2552 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:07 pm

Post by Empking »

Vote Count Seventy Three

TwinFlames (2) - DeathNote, goodmorning
No Lynch (1) - TwinFlames,

Not Voting: zMuffinMan, alienBRO

Three to lynch
(expired on 2013-09-22 03:57:23)
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2553 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:52 am

Post by DeathNote »

I'm going to make this very clear in case it wasn't already abundantly clear: The ring is still in play, and I think GM has it currently, and I think he's ring scum who will win if we lynch TF today.
This is still just speculation which is why I want TF lynched.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2554 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:10 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 2549, zMuffinMan wrote:GM lied about having it yesterday. I got it after his lynch so I know he was lying.
Unless I was being set up.

Perhaps you
aren't
Town after all.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2555 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:06 pm

Post by DeathNote »

In post 2554, goodmorning wrote:
In post 2549, zMuffinMan wrote:GM lied about having it yesterday. I got it after his lynch so I know he was lying.

Perhaps you
aren't
Town after all.
You admitted to having not destroyed the ring :roll:
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2556 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:25 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

jesus fucking christ

do you really believe GM is town?

at this point i'm starting to think he could blatantly say "i'm ring-scum" and you'd assume that he's trying to WIFOM the wraith-scum.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2557 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:32 pm

Post by DeathNote »

No. I prefer to think GM is lying ringscum then bad setup.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2558 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:06 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 2554, goodmorning wrote:

Perhaps you
aren't
Town after all.
the more i read this post, the more i laugh at it, because when he was questioned about this yesterday, he was all like "nuP let's lynch twin flames i believe muffin"

now with victory in sight, he's being cheeky scum
alienBRO
alienBRO
Goon
alienBRO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2559 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:46 pm

Post by alienBRO »

We'll hammer GM if TF and zMuffin vote her.

--PA
Twin Flames
Twin Flames
Goon
Twin Flames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2560 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:33 pm

Post by Twin Flames »

eh hell why try again maybe she is only a 2 shot unlynchable...

VOTE: GM
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2561 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:12 pm

Post by DeathNote »

In post 2559, alienBRO wrote:We'll hammer GM if TF and zMuffin vote her.

--PA
Why?

If the same result happens, which will most likely be the case. Then we lose our mislynch.

Someone answer me what we are suppose to do tomorrow when bro is dead with no proof of ever having the ring and GM is still alive.

Not to mention TF who is still alive after a guilty result being revealed two days prior.... Does no one else see the problem with this????
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2562 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:45 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

@alienbro,

that would kind of defeat the purpose of lynching GM. wraithscum (whether you believe it's me or twin flames) would be forced to kill you, and it would go to a scenario where town cannot win if GM is ringscum.

a lynch on GM only works today if i hammer and wraithscum (whether you believe it's me or twin flames) kills GM tonight.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2563 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:47 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

@dn,

the guilty on TF couldn't be acted upon because if GM is ringscum then we lose if we lynch TF. this is fairly basic. and it's not like i could have fucking planned it because how was i supposed to know GM was (possibly) completely unlynchable?
alienBRO
alienBRO
Goon
alienBRO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2564 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 am

Post by alienBRO »

In post 2562, zMuffinMan wrote:@alienbro,

that would kind of defeat the purpose of lynching GM. wraithscum (whether you believe it's me or twin flames) would be forced to kill you, and it would go to a scenario where town cannot win if GM is ringscum.

a lynch on GM only works today if i hammer and wraithscum (whether you believe it's me or twin flames) kills GM tonight.
Yes, but it's possible that the ring won't jump back to GM if wraith-scum has it. And yes, we lose our guaranteed shot at hitting wraith-scum, but it's no worse than any other LyLo where town has two choices.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2565 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:23 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

alienbro wrote:Yes, but it's possible that the ring won't jump back to GM if wraith-scum has it.
i don't want to try to outguess the mechanics of the ring.

i think i've already mentioned this, but if it's an active ability, and goodmorning knows whether it resolves before/after kills in action resolution, then he can get the ring back tomorrow anyway, AND we won't know whether or not he
does
have the ring because why would wraith-scum admit it. both scum players would deny it. and if it's a passive ability, then i don't want to assume that he can't get it back off wraith-scum.
alienBRO
alienBRO
Goon
alienBRO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2566 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:26 pm

Post by alienBRO »

Talked about in in PA in the QT, she agrees with me that this setup opaqueness is dumb and that I should just go ahead and do this.

VOTE: TF

If GM is scum that we can't actually beat without the help from other scum, at all, then this loss is on shitty setup.

-Bro
Twin Flames
Twin Flames
Goon
Twin Flames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2567 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:24 pm

Post by Twin Flames »

I agree having an unlynchable in this setup just is too 3rd party sided :(
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2568 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:30 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

yeah whatever. gg i guess. i'm interested in seeing how the ring mechanic works.
Twin Flames
Twin Flames
Goon
Twin Flames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2569 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:58 pm

Post by Twin Flames »

me too

Can someone PM the mod and let him know we have a lynch

and no I will not troll ya all, we were the last scum. However I feel for town as well here because the mechanics made it hard for town or scum to win :(
Twin Flames
Twin Flames
Goon
Twin Flames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2570 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:59 pm

Post by Twin Flames »

Congrats GM

sigh

unlynchable 3rd party :facepalm:
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2571 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:39 am

Post by Empking »

Vote Count Seventy Four

TwinFlames (3) - DeathNote, goodmorning, alienBRO
goodmorning (1) - TwinFlames,

Not Voting: zMuffinMan

Three to lynch
(expired on 2013-09-22 03:57:23)
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2572 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:02 am

Post by Empking »

TwinFlames
Lost the game
Was Red
Is now dead

goodmorning
started yawning
He'd sleep after today
He's won no need to play

zMuffinMan
Can work on his town
Needed the ring
But that's goodmorning's thing

alienBro
and team mate Deathnote
Have failed to end Sauron
For the ring goes on

Twinflames was lynched Day Seven. They were an Anonymous Ringwraith, Mafia Goon. They've lost.
goodmorning has the ring Day Seven. He is Gollum, Ring Enhancer & Stealer Win Con One. He has won the game.
zmuffinman was Denethor II, Ring Sharing BFF Win Con One. He has lost the game, along with Boromir.
alienBro was a Sldier of Gondor, VT. DeathNote was a Rider of Rohan, Vt. They along with the rest of the town have lost the game.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2573 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:39 am

Post by Empking »

Spoiler: ramblings
My thoughts on the set up is that the notion which it was built around (the four win factions, including three variants on town) was much more something than I'd really considered when designing this game. One situation that I'd only really thought of recently was the goodmorning - zMuffinMan - known scum TwinFlames situation, which is sort of like having to decide who will get an ice cream knowing that in ten days it'll be destroyed, where there's probably a correct and obvious strategy that is nonetheless non-satisfactory. The seed is even more damaged by the set up making strategy of having the third parties being more effective (night role actions) at hurting the scum than town's. I don't think any team begin the game with unspeakable odds at winning, it is just that a negative set up rapidly swung those odds out of joint not based on conscious intention or bad play.

After the defective seed, there are the problems of implementation. Firstly, Gollum's lynch immunity (with the ring) became too strong when it was complemented by how obvious it was who would be the ringholder at the end of the night - (I do think that after zMuffinMan lost the ring the first time that active ringstealing is more intuitively likely than goodmorning gets the ring back every night) - and (I expect) goodmorning's feeling of safety from the kill. The second problem of implementation that could have gone a way to reducing that is the steep disparity between Boromir and Denethor II, which was (due to the BFF (Best Friends despite not being town (Forever) nature that was unknown to them) by making Denethor a back up vig could have had the consequences of making nights less predictable thus neutering Gollum.

I think all sides played well, and I hope everyone had fun playing.

Spoiler: role PMs

Win Con One:
You are Denethor II, the last steward of Gondor. You are Best Friends Forever with your son, Boromir (XXX). You not only know that you share a win condition but you will also share any items you pick up on your journey; if one of you gains an item you will both gain it and if one of you loses an item you will both lose it. This trait even lasts post-death.

You win if all the forces of Sauron are destroyed and you have the one ring.
You are Boromir, a member of the fellowship. You are Best Friends Forever with your father, Denethor II (XXX). You not only know that you share a win condition but you will also share any items you pick up on your journey; if one of you gains an item you will both gain it and if one of you loses an item you will both lose it. This trait even lasts post-death.

In addition to this you also have a vigilante kill that you can attempt to use each night.

Mod Note: Kill is the first in role resolution. Both had the Soldier of Gondor VT PM.

You are Gollum, whose love for the one ring knows no limits. You are currently in possession of the one ring. If you are killed, including lynches, while in possession of the one ring then you shall still lose the ring as normal but will survive, this is true as long as you have the one ring. In addition, when you do not have the one ring you may target a player at night to learn if they have the one ring and you will take it if you get a positive result. This action takes place after kills have been resolved.

Modnote: Had the Rider of Rohan PM.

Win Con Two:
You are Aragon, the rightful king of Gondor. For this game your main importance comes from your role as a Ranger. Each night you may target a player and if they were poisoned or were to be poisoned you shall cure it or prevent it respectively. Like most roles you are unable to target yourself.

You win if all the forces of Sauron are destroyed and the one ring is destroyed.
You are Gandalf the Grey, or as some would call you the: The Protector of Middle-Earth. At least I hope that some would call you that since you’re a Doctor. Each night you may target a player and attempt to protect them from being slain by attack.

You win if all the forces of Sauron are destroyed and the one ring is destroyed.
You are Faramir, you are a well-respected member of the Gondor army. Each night you may target a player and detect if your target is a resident of Gondor.

Boromir, Denethor and the two Gondor soldiers.

Two Players:
You are a Soldier from Gondor. You lack a name but you’ve still got an important role in the War of the Ring. You also lack any special powers but you’ve got an important role in this game.

Four Players:
You are a Rider of Rohan. You come from Rohan, you ride and you have to have your wits about you to defeat the scum and destroy the ring. Pretty self-explanatory.

Win Con Three:

Three Players:
You are three of the seven anonymous ringwraiths. You are XXX, YYY and ZZZ. You may speak [here] at any time.

As a factional ability one of you may attempt to kill a player each night. If this kill would fail for any reason it is instead turned into a poison, your target will be informed of their ailment and will die the next night if untreated.

You know that there are no hobbits in this game; unless Gollum counts. You are the only ones who know that first piece of information. You are also barred from destroying the one ring.

You win if the forces of Sauron are the only survivors or nothing can prevent the same.
[/quote]

Spoiler: Night Actions
Night One:
Subliminal kills Venrob (turns into poison)
Spaceman protects Venrob.
Venrob protects Gollum.
Who kills Spaceman.

Night Two:
Ringwraiths fail to kill.
Venron poisondocs NSin
goodmorning investigates Miss Subliminal

Night Three:
goodmorning investigates Amrun
Mafia kill Amrun
SafetDance targets NSin

Night Four:
Mafia kill ToastyToast
goodmorning targets NSin

Night Five:
zMuffinMan investigates TwinFlames
goodmorning steals from zMuffinMan
Mafia kill Gollum

Night Six:
Mafia kill Nsin
goodmorning steals from zMuffinMan
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #2574 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:06 am

Post by BROseidon »

Town lynches only scum the entire game.

Town still loses.

Balance.

Giving Gollum the ability to steal the ring and having him be lynchproof while he has it was blatantly OP. Otherwise I think the setup was relatively okay.

I'm stunned with how on the mark my reads were this game, though. I don't think I've ever personally played better.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”