DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2525 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:45 am

Post by DeathNote »

In post 2524, alienBRO wrote:I don't think GM is scum if for no other reason than the fact that it would be OP as balls for that role to exist on a 3rd party.

Like, we should just lynch TF today, and if GM wins because we literally needed scum to kill him for us, that's just bad game design and it's on Emp/the reviewers of the setup.

Gonna confer with PA before dropping the vote, but I think TF is the lynch today.

-Bro
This exactly. I am not sure what the mechanics of this game are right now, all I know is that GM isn't going to die by lynching during the day and that is all town can do to kill him. This means that we need to lynch who we know is scum which just so happens to be twin or muffin.

Luckily we still have a mislynch assuming only 1 scum left.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
alienBRO
alienBRO
Goon
alienBRO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2526 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:04 am

Post by alienBRO »

I'm in agreement with DeathNote and hydra partner BRO. If GM is 2+ times unlynchable scum, and we can't win even if we lynch all the wraith scum and know who the ring scum is, I'm not going to feel badly about this.

So we have to set ourselves up to be able to lynch both TF and zMuffinMan as necessary; I'm in favor of starting with TF.

--PA
alienBRO
alienBRO
Goon
alienBRO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2527 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:07 am

Post by alienBRO »

GM do you currently have the ring?

-Bro
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2528 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:00 am

Post by Empking »

Vote Count Seventy Two

TwinFlames (1) - DeathNote

Not Voting: TwinFlames, goodmorning, zMuffinMan, alienBRO

Three to lynch
(expired on 2013-09-22 03:57:23)
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Twin Flames
Twin Flames
Goon
Twin Flames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2529 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:15 pm

Post by Twin Flames »

After this game is over, I want to know the full mechanics and how this game could be balanced?

an unlynchable and yeah I agree with muffin that it is a 3rd party.

basically town cant win and scum cant win.

--Rach
Hydra of RachMarie and Nobody Special
If a post contains 'lol' or 'peeps' or 'scumz' it's Rachael.
If a post is unsigned, it's Rachael.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2530 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:40 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i don't think goodmorning is NK immune - i think that is the only balancing aspect of it. this game is frustrating.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2531 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:48 pm

Post by DeathNote »

More Twin votes plz.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2532 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:29 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

mm. the problem is the only way for town to win is to try to lynch gm again, and hope scum NKs him, and that the NK actually kills him.

but i can see how from you/alienbro's PoV you would be paranoid about whether i could be scum trying to get this into 4p mylo.

so i'm not sure what the solution to this is and it's making me feel apathetic towards this game.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
alienBRO
alienBRO
Goon
alienBRO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2533 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:11 am

Post by alienBRO »

I think the only way town wins is if GM fucked up claiming and is actually town.

VOTE: TF

-Bro
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2534 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:19 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

"fucked up claiming" two days in a row, and lied about having the ring yesterday. but yeah whatever, gm will come in and hammer and gg.

frustrating game.
alienBRO
alienBRO
Goon
alienBRO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2535 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:29 am

Post by alienBRO »

UNVOTE: Twin Flames

Sorry for the dissonance, but given that if GM stays unlynchable and ring-attracting or whatever we town can't win, I say we take another crack at GM. It still leaves us time to lynch TF as a last resort, as their last post seemed like a scum admission to me.
Twin Flames
Twin Flames
Goon
Twin Flames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2536 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:51 am

Post by Twin Flames »

I need to talk with Rach when she wakes up. This is a sort-of prod dodge until then.

~~NS
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2537 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:53 pm

Post by DeathNote »

In post 2535, alienBRO wrote:UNVOTE: Twin Flames

Sorry for the dissonance, but given that if GM stays unlynchable and ring-attracting or whatever we town can't win, I say we take another crack at GM. It still leaves us time to lynch TF as a last resort, as their last post seemed like a scum admission to me.
This is well and good but that means if Muffin is scum, then the game is over. I seriously doubt that you are required to lynched someone three times before the lynch goes through.

I am 100% confident the lynching Twin is our best option at this point giving us a chance to lynch muffin/GM tomorrow.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2538 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:28 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

deathnote wrote:I am 100% confident the lynching Twin is our best option at this point giving us a chance to lynch muffin/GM tomorrow.
well, no, it technically doesn't. because even if i were wraith-scum, if you lynched twin flames today and GM is ring scum, then either you or alienbro would go into tomorrow having to decide which scum faction wins with no chance of a town win.

this is, of course, unless you really believe there is a chance that gm is town who has flat-out lied about his role two days in a row, which has been hugely detrimental to town because of the wasted lynches, and he's still holding onto the ring and lying about it as well, etc etc... and if you do believe that then... i have no words.

from my pov the only real way to achieve a town win is to go for a lynch on GM today, have me hammer, and then hope twin flames kills GM tonight. if anyone but me hammers, twin flames will just kill the person who hammers instead of GM to prevent an investigation (which just leads us to a scenario where town cannot win). if i hammer, at least twin flames can reasonably kill GM tonight and still have a chance of winning tomorrow if you believe i'm actually scum.

of course, the flaw here is obviously that twin flames can choose not to kill GM tonight. in which case, fuck it, i'm all for lynching twin flames tomorrow if this happens because we can't win anyway at that point. the other flaw is that i could be scum suggesting all this, at least from your pov.

and, of course, the final option you have today is you can just lynch twin flames and lose.

i've said everything i can say about this and have nothing further to say if you cannot see the obvious here. you and bro can decide how you want this to play out. i'm feeling so apathetic towards the ring mechanic that it's making me not really care about winning or losing.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2539 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:55 am

Post by goodmorning »

^Muffin is Town even if he doesn't understand why I lied about my role, let's finish this shit.

Vote: TF
alienBRO
alienBRO
Goon
alienBRO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2540 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:21 pm

Post by alienBRO »

Actually I want to hear from TF first. And what happens if a not-zMuffin person hammers GM and draws the scum kill? Then the ring might not bounce back to GM and we can still lynch TF tomorrow? Since ring-scum only win if they end the game with the ring.
alienBRO
alienBRO
Goon
alienBRO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2541 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:21 pm

Post by alienBRO »

Sorry, ^ is PA
Twin Flames
Twin Flames
Goon
Twin Flames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2542 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:45 pm

Post by Twin Flames »

What would you like us to say?

~~NS
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2543 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:51 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Bro, are you worries we are going to lose if we lynch twin?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2544 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:53 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

bro wrote:Then the ring might not bounce back to GM and we can still lynch TF tomorrow?
it depends on how the ring mechanic works. if it's an active ability, it would depend on whether or not GM knows if it comes before or after kills in action resolution. if it's passive, then this doesn't help.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2545 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:46 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Honestly, my initial fear was that muffin was a third party and lying about losing the ring and for whatever reason, GM was unlynchable townie. Very silly role imo unless it is a tree stump and even then... I am not fond of them.

Now that Muffin has the ability to hammer and has not, that means he is not ringscum so glad to get that cleared up. He could still be wraithscum but that really doesn't bother me too much so long as we can kill TF today.

I don't think wasting more time on GM would be wise since that would put us in a Mylo situation tomorrow. Yesterday should have been our day to let someone else hammer but whats done is done. Please just kill TF so we can optimize our chance of winning.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2546 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:59 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

deathnote wrote:I don't think wasting more time on GM would be wise since that would put us in a Mylo situation tomorrow.
it's in wraith-scum's best interest to NK GM tonight (regardless of whether you think it's TF or me), so while it would be MyLo tomorrow, it's still better than outright losing today, imo.

the only reason it wouldn't be in wraith-scum's best interest to kill GM is if the ring is still in play and they need to kill whoever has the ring.
death note wrote:Yesterday should have been our day to let someone else hammer but whats done is done.
in hindsight, yes, but at the time i was assuming that the mod wouldn't allow someone to be completely unlynchable. assuming he was 1-shot unlynchable made the most sense and the plan i put forth was with that in mind. *shrug*
Twin Flames
Twin Flames
Goon
Twin Flames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2547 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:07 pm

Post by Twin Flames »

Vote: No Lynch

~~NS
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2548 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:34 pm

Post by DeathNote »

In post 2547, Twin Flames wrote:
Vote: No Lynch

~~NS
Nice try but that is definitely not an option lol.

I disagree muffin just because we know our scum lynch pool is with you or TF. Scum helping town would do nothing because we would know who to lynch the next day. The possibly of there being another ring scum is the only thing keeping wrathscum alive right now.

Which is why I want TF dead because we are basing our game right now on too many possibilities and not enough facts. The cold hard facts are that GM survived two lynches in a row and that you have a guilty result on TF. We need to kill TF and stop wasting time on GM who may not even be third party.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2549 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:40 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Why do you think GM lied about having the ring yesterday?

I'm going to make this very clear in case it wasn't already abundantly clear: The ring
is still in play
, and I think GM has it currently, and I think he's ring scum who will win if we lynch TF today.

GM lied about having it yesterday. I got it after his lynch so I know he was lying.

This is why there are no circumstances today in which I'll agree to a TF lynch.

But if you disagree, there is really not much I can do to stop you except to point out how silly I think it is.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”