ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2500 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:12 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

Just read the Dead Thread:
@remembrance: Despite my reads being terrible this game (at least I was right on Maxous? I also suspected Monkey before everyone else but then decided he was idiot town--I should stop falling for that), I still think I perform better under pressure. I don't think I've ever had a game where I wasn't a suspect day 1....I'm just used to being defensive I think. Not really the most efficient way to play, but I do get out of a lot of sticky situations it seems.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2501 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:17 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2499, implosion wrote:I thought he'd be Melody.
totally thought he'd be melody.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2502 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:18 pm

Post by fferyllt »

I was sad that buldermar and I died on night 1. This was still a great game to watch. The dead QT was one of the best I've participated in, with all the hunting for the rest of the scum team.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #2503 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:20 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Nominated the town for best town performance.

Glad to hear you guys suspected Melody was in the setup. It tells me Melody was a good fakeclaim - if hp [leaves] hadn't been V/LA to claim it. I put roles really close to flavor, so there's always the danger the fakeclaims have to be vanilla or obvious.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2504 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:21 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Yay town. Pre-/in for Greed Island.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #2505 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:25 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Also, I didn't have anywhere good to slot it in the scene itself, but, cue mood music:

"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2506 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:29 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Thanks for hosting the game, hitogoroshi! I will definitely keep an eye out for your games.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2507 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:40 pm

Post by Sajin »

I really enjoyed this game. I think I would of enjoyed it because of the thematic roles even if I was on the losing side.

I really dig the design intricacies (even some of the ones you did not mention like scum self watcher with the mass 11 target doc). I also really like that the doc can choose less than 11, it adds skill to a role and, design wise, promotes good day play to assist at night (which is what every mafia game should be like)

I still would of went for the conservative approach on day 4 though.

And yes I thought AM was melody until the role reveal.

I also thought Vi was Gon during night 1 because I felt like that was a track that he claimed and that made sense to me flavor wise (because Gon tracks smells down in the show a few times in various arcs).

GG everyone, high fives to the town brethren.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2508 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:45 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Sooo yeah town played pretty well this game.

In addition to me being a baddy and getting caught early scum didn't really pick night actions well either I thought- given that we knew there was a watcher in the game using something on Vi without a plan to explain the action instead of killing him seemed like a kind of half-ass measure even if indoor fish did work the way TNE thought. Plus I personally would have let 2 live pretty much forever just because he was going to be a giant distraction for the rest of the game despite being likely-ish town.

I think I played a little better than I did in charles barkley mafia as scum but vi and nacho both seeing me as scum again was preetty damning.

gg townz
Nibelung
Nibelung
Townie
Nibelung
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2509 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:29 pm

Post by Nibelung »

The game was good, and I'm sad that I had to drop so early. I hope I can play with you guys later again.

And congratulations to town for the almost perfect game.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2510 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:45 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Good game guys.

I shouldn't have went after dry I got all paranoid on him (again). He should have found a way to signal me away like Cf did.

I had a feeling monkey was lying. I caught onto the lie, but then let it go.

Nacho you broke your perfect record of being able to read me </3. What was that all about? :(
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2511 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:30 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2510, Malakittens wrote:acho you broke your perfect record of being able to read me </3. What was that all about?
I wanted to sort you out and the quick way to sort you out for sure is aggression. And then you died far too quickly.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #2512 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:38 pm

Post by MattP »

yayy
SlappyKrust
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #2513 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:53 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Also I woulda nommed Matt for his fishies if he had finished fishies :(
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2514 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:57 pm

Post by Kalimar »

Thanks for the game, hito, and well done to the Town. The Town investigative roles being assigned to strong players definitely helped a lot in reaching a Town victory.

The mafia made quite a lot of slip-ups particularly around fakeclaimed roles, so a part of the 'clean' win was down to that as well. TNE's slip-up led to not only his lynch but hp's lynch as well without quarter. Maxous' fakeclaim drew a lot of attention too (and would only have bought him a couple of days at best), and the more Monkey was questioned the more the holes appeared. Having said that, I'm sure I wouldn't have done any better.

I liked the thought put into the mechanics. I particularly liked the idea of the 'We Are the Spider' pregame ability to help scum maximise its best assets with the best player. Had the mafia team misdirected the first lynch or two, their powers would have been incrementally useful over time; the longer the team remained intact the more information they could obtain to obscure and damage the Town. The flipside of that was that they were vulnerable in the early game, and alas, the Town struck hard.

I didn't do a lot of flavour speculation because I was fairly sure I wasn't the best person to be doing it. This was evidenced in part by thinking there would be a scum doctor of some kind which could have been the Machi character. However, CF Riot (I think...) eventually brought up the idea of using the jailkeep ability defensively which made me doubt it. I hadn't actually realised you could do that, so I learned something new.

On another note, I can see why 'Owl the Jailkeeper' was included as a fakeclaim - for Feitan - but I'm not sure the fakeclaim would have held up that well once pretty much every other role turned out to be more exotic in nature. Hypothetically I think that usage of it could unwittingly have shot the mafia in the foot a bit in the long run considering some of the consternation over Maxous' claim for that reason. Was that intended?

Finally: Monkey, why did you kill me at the end there?
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #2515 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:57 pm

Post by MattP »

Yeah I didn't have enough motivation this game after I thought it was an autowin
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #2516 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:58 pm

Post by MattP »

I'm always smugly satisfied when a ridiculous gambit works out though because it makes me feel like all the times I epically messed up gambits was worth it
SlappyKrust
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2517 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:03 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

In post 2514, Kalimar wrote:Thanks for the game, hito, and well done to the Town. The Town investigative roles being assigned to strong players definitely helped a lot in reaching a Town victory.

The mafia made quite a lot of slip-ups particularly around fakeclaimed roles, so a part of the 'clean' win was down to that as well. TNE's slip-up led to not only his lynch but hp's lynch as well without quarter. Maxous' fakeclaim drew a lot of attention too (and would only have bought him a couple of days at best), and the more Monkey was questioned the more the holes appeared. Having said that, I'm sure I wouldn't have done any better.

I liked the thought put into the mechanics. I particularly liked the idea of the 'We Are the Spider' pregame ability to help scum maximise its best assets with the best player. Had the mafia team misdirected the first lynch or two, their powers would have been incrementally useful over time; the longer the team remained intact the more information they could obtain to obscure and damage the Town. The flipside of that was that they were vulnerable in the early game, and alas, the Town struck hard.

I didn't do a lot of flavour speculation because I was fairly sure I wasn't the best person to be doing it. This was evidenced in part by thinking there would be a scum doctor of some kind which could have been the Machi character. However, CF Riot (I think...) eventually brought up the idea of using the jailkeep ability defensively which made me doubt it. I hadn't actually realised you could do that, so I learned something new.

On another note, I can see why 'Owl the Jailkeeper' was included as a fakeclaim - for Feitan - but I'm not sure the fakeclaim would have held up that well once pretty much every other role turned out to be more exotic in nature. Hypothetically I think that usage of it could unwittingly have shot the mafia in the foot a bit in the long run considering some of the consternation over Maxous' claim for that reason. Was that intended?

Finally: Monkey, why did you kill me at the end there?
My kill didn't go through the previous night so I justed wanted a kill that would go through.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #2518 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:04 pm

Post by Faraday »

Well played Monkeyman. Thought you would have pulled it out. Unlucky.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2519 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:21 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

The odds were somehow stacked against me, but thanks, I did my best:).
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #2520 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:23 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

IDGI

why is the Kali kill such a surprise? I mean, he
was
conf. town and he couldn't be around the next day.

I was pretty "meh" the entire game, especially after the Rem. Flip.

and I didn't really couldn't come around the idea of something thinking of lylo ever happening, especially town since it was pretty clear that it probably wouldn't get down to that stage

I also feel really, really bad because I denied Mala access to TNE and he flipped scum so... yeah
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #2521 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:28 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

this game rocks

flavor rocks

town is good

my role is favourite

5/5
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #2522 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:34 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 2514, Kalimar wrote:On another note, I can see why 'Owl the Jailkeeper' was included as a fakeclaim - for Feitan - but I'm not sure the fakeclaim would have held up that well once pretty much every other role turned out to be more exotic in nature. Hypothetically I think that usage of it could unwittingly have shot the mafia in the foot a bit in the long run considering some of the consternation over Maxous' claim for that reason. Was that intended?
It wasn't really a design concern. As Nacho pointed out, Days of Magic had a bunch of unique roles and then a straight-up Hider. Mod meta like that will fail as often as it succeeds, so I don't design with constraints such as "All of these roles are different, so the fakeclaims also can't be conventional." Yes, if Gamma had claimed JK that may have caught him - and it would have "caught" llamarble when he was town in Days of Magic.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2523 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:51 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

This was a fun game towards the end despite me not being very active. I really just signed up to hydra with FourTrouble but then he had other stuff to attend to. I had finals in the middle of this game and it was hard to catch up after that.

Nacho played really well and wrecked most of the scumteam. Town as a whole came together very well too. Toasty deserved props for talking himself out of a mislynch for so long. It is easy when you have a PR but as a VT it required tremendous effort from him. I thought Magua defending all the scum was pretty funny in hindsight considering his adamant insistence that Monkey was town made me believe he knew Monkey was town because he wasn't in his scum PM.

Thanks for modding, hitogoroshi.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2524 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:27 pm

Post by Magua »

I enjoyed being on zero scum wagons and actively arguing against the lynches of TNE, Maxous, and Monkey.

That's how pro I am, and why I should never be listened to ever.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”