mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:32 am

Post by mathcam »

No, you are not wrong, discer. I think I auto-defend myself from that argument because I hear it so much, whether or not I find it extremely suspicious.

Let me summarize my feelings on this post: It is to me somewhat non-suspicious because he chose to attack me as opposed to someone who seemed more guilty at the start of the day. I think a mafia would have chosen a more potentially lynchable target. It is also somewhat suspicious because he started the day with that post, possibly implying that he had thought about this argument if he were mafia deciding who to kill.

The more I think about it, the more I still lean toward putting it in the suspicious column rather than the non-suspicious one. If the latter did in fact occur, then he wouldn't have chosen someone else to attack at the start of the day, he would have chosen to attack the person who he tried to set up.
JereIC wrote: and I think I've been sticking my neck out as well (even wondering aloud why Prizm would do some of the things that have been done if he's mafia).
This strikes me as yet another odd quote from JereIC. I apologize in advance if I'm horribly misreading you, JereIC, but it seems like you're trying just a little too hard to convince us that you're acting very non-mafiaesque. Plus, JereIC was my number one suspicion when I came in to this game (though the suspicioun had lowered itself since then).

So I'll
Vote; JereIC
and note that JereIC is ONE AWAY FROM LYNCH.

Cam
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:54 am

Post by Werebear »

And the final five started going at it. They knew each other by now better than they could have hoped, and still were having trouble deciding who to lynch. Quite often, one remaining player would be caught looking longingly towards where the descent to safety (and freedom) was... but they knew if they took that route, disaster would be more than likely. Eventually, two of the five were convinced enough of JereIC's guilt to cast their vote his direction.

VOTE COUNT!

JereIC (2) discer, mathcam

Not Voting (3) JereIC, Prizm, Tigris
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:21 am

Post by JereIC »

mathcam wrote:
JereIC wrote: and I think I've been sticking my neck out as well (even wondering aloud why Prizm would do some of the things that have been done if he's mafia).
This strikes me as yet another odd quote from JereIC. I apologize in advance if I'm horribly misreading you, JereIC, but it seems like you're trying just a little too hard to convince us that you're acting very non-mafiaesque. Plus, JereIC was my number one suspicion when I came in to this game (though the suspicioun had lowered itself since then).
How is it mafiaesque? I'm just observing that Prizm's not putting forward the same kind of posts the rest of us are. Y'all's and my posts (IMHO) are more probative and investigative, not just putting out one guy we're suspicious of and then defending ourselves. Did I just word it badly?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:46 pm

Post by mathcam »

Did I just word it badly?
Probably not. Sometimes you just get this bug in your head that makes you think someone's evil, and once you've done that, everything they say sounds evil. So, uhh...sorry about that, but I still think you're scum.

Cam
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:05 pm

Post by Tigris »

My instincts are telling me two seperate things right now, which is quite enjoyable :roll: Meh, I guess I will give notice that in roughly 12 hours I will add the final vote for JereIC if things don't change. I'm leaning more towards someone else as the final mafia, but I have been known to be wrong in the past, plus JereIC is my number two choice right now (which has been flucuating wildly today) :|
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:18 pm

Post by JereIC »

Well, whatever. I don't think it's worth the time and energy for me to post a defense, and so I won't. No hard feelings, of course, though I'm sorry I'll miss the last day's tension, though. Go town. :cool:
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:20 am

Post by Tigris »

Well, I'm a bit late, but meh.
vote: JereIC
, hopefully you/he are/is the mafia, if not, well tomorrow will be interesting.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:35 am

Post by JereIC »

Nope, sorry, good luck tomorrow. :cry:
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:12 pm

Post by Werebear »

And indeed, eventually, Tigris joined discer and mathcam in accusing JereIC of being scummy, scummy, mafia, with Prizm watching from the sidelines. JereIC stood fast in his statements, even as the knell of death fell upon him. He was summarily pushed off a cliff, and then his room was searched. Again the town's estimates were off the mark - JereIC was a doctor! Well, he was a proctologist. So he could have been of assistance if the mafia had... on second thought, let's not go there. Suffice to say, JereIC was innocent. That made it all the tougher for the remaining four to listen to him groan and weakly call for help at the bottom of the cliff he had been pushed off. 30 minutes after they started, the calls for help turned into crying and ranting. After another 30 minutes, they were silent.

No one felt like dinner that night.

JereIC, town, lynched. It is NIGHT. Choice due by Friday at noon... but with the participation level at what it's been, I expect it will be in long before that.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:26 am

Post by Werebear »

A restless night. Another restless night. One in a chain of five restless nights. Each player kept waking up and looking around wildly to make sure the other three were still there. And in the morning, indeed, everyone was still there! With astonishment, you realized that you made a horrible mistake somewhere along the line, and.. and... wait. This can't be real, it doesn't look real. Oh lord, you were dreaming... and now you're conscious enough to wake up, but you fear what you might see if you do...

Slowly, three people opened their eyes and looked at each other. One person was still asleep. Calling their name didn't provoke a reaction, which wasn't a good sign, as people's nerves were tight as a bowstring. Mathcam was elected to go look. Sure enough, their skin had the pallor of death, cold, with blue-grey tinges everywhere.

Discer was elected to go drag the body out and burn it this time. The other two sat quietly, not moving. Soon the smell of smoke with the sweet, heavy scent of crisped human flesh began. Discer came back in, and asked if they'd searched the victim's room... and was told there was no need, the victim wasn't the last mafia for sure. Then Prizm had a good idea, why not search the rooms of the last three BEFORE they killed someone?

A thorough search of each room ensued, all three watching each other as well as pawwing through each other's belongings, one at a time. Nothing of interest was found, and the rooms were searched thoroughly. A bleak start for the day. Discer stated that maybe the group should have taken their chances leaving when there was only two mafia, and ten innocents... but Mathcam rounded on him, saying it was too late for thinking of such things now. They had work to do.

And so the three found themselves back where they started... in the common room, drinking coffee or tea, on the last day of their splended mountain resort vacation. Mathcam, Discer, Prizm. At least one would die. If they chose poorly, then two would die, and the remaining mafia would escape, his nightmarish killing spree forever hidden from the world.

Tigris, town, killed by the mafia.

It is DAY 5... the LAST DAY. Alive - Discer, Mathcam, Prizm. Two to lynch.

Choose wisely.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:44 am

Post by mathcam »

How odd. How odd indeed. My gut now says to immediately vote Prizm, but of course this is what the mafia wanted my gut to tell me.

So do I go after Prizm, thinking that Prizm is the kind of guy who would make himself so clearly the mafia that I question my gut based on the "This is the too easy" type of feeling?

Or do I go after discer, thinking that Discer picked off Tigris because he knew if it was down to me, him, and Prizm, I'd go after Prizm.

I love this game. :)

Whatever you do, no one vote yet.

Cam
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:05 am

Post by Werebear »

By the way, I just wanted to say on this last day, it has been a pleasure running this game. I had a great set of players towards the end... I'm wondering if this game might have been different if Gnome and PP were experts instead of newbies. *laugh* Maybe there will be a part II someday.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:36 pm

Post by ralphmerridew »

Werebear, you'd probably get more posts if you fixed the subject line.
Prizm
Prizm
Goon
Prizm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:46 pm

Post by Prizm »

Oh huh, it's daytime.

My thoughts:

I'm most suspicious of mathcam, since the "why is he alive" argument is even stronger today than it was yesterday. But discer, if mafia, might try and make that case, knowing that I was already somewhat suspicious of mathcam.
"But good is not a thing of perception. What is 'good' in one culture cannot be 'evil' in another. This might be true of mores and minor practices, but not of virtue. Virtue is absolute."
-Drizzt Do'Urden
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:05 pm

Post by discer »

Really Cam. Vote? (sarcasim) Are you freaking kidding me??

I love this game too. I feel foolish (sorry JereIC) and excited at the same time.

With Tigris death and the obvious and "read between the lines" implications....... I must question my every thought.

I take it back. I hate this game. (smiles at Werebear)
"What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:38 am

Post by mathcam »

Yup, I gotta say that Prizm's attack of me in his first post sure adds to my suspicion on him. Time for a massive read-through...

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:35 am

Post by mathcam »

GAAAAHHHHH! I don't know. There's this argument nagging at the beack of my head that says "Look, if you just lynch Prizm, then even if you're wrong, you won't feel that bad because discer played an awesome mafia that you never suspected until possibly the last day. If you lynch discer and you're wrong, you'll feel like a total idiot for ignoring the suspicions of yourself and all the now-dead townies who said that Prizm was the most suspicious." But this
shouldn't
be a valid argument, and I'd like to get over it. Stupid pride always messing things up...gumble, grumble...

At first glance to me, it seems like Prizm is by far the most suspicious. The one thing I can't get over is why, if Prizm were mafia, he would have killed Leo and Tigris. Can I really credit Prizm for making such brilliant night choices? (No offense, Prizm).

If discer's mafia, this is his dream scenario. He certainly wouldn't have killed Prizm, because then it's me, Tigris, and discer, and I may have been even less suspicious of Tigris then I am of discer. Would he have killed Tigris instead of me? I had voted for Prizm yesterday, so he knew I was very suspicious of Prizm...so I'm probably his best bet for someone to keep alive. Thus, the Tigris kill. And if Prizm's mafia, I have to think that he thought most of this out before choosing the kill.

Hmm.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:52 am

Post by mathcam »

But discer, if mafia, might try and make that case, knowing that I was already somewhat suspicious of mathcam.
Ah, right. This is the piece I was missing above. This is why discer, if mafia, leaves me alive instead of Tigris. Because Prizm is more suspicious of me, so if Prizm starts the day off by voting me, discer automatically wins.

Cam
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:33 pm

Post by discer »

Cam wrote:
Because Prizm is more suspicious of me, so if Prizm starts the day off by voting me, discer automatically wins.
The way I see it, if a townie screws up and votes for the other townie, mafia wins. It's that simple. This end game is going to drive Werebear nutz.

I'm thinking about a lot of things but what I will say at this point (and is fairly obvious) is this: Tigris made it clear (in my opinion) that Prizm topped her list. So then Prizm must kill Tigris. On the other hand, Cam knows this and kills Tigris hoping I leap out against Prizm and the game is over.

What if, what if. Much to think about.
"What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:10 pm

Post by Werebear »

Mod note - this end game isn't going to drive
me
nutz at all. All I have to do is sit back and watch.... I don't even have to do vote counts anymore. :) Have fun.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:24 am

Post by Werebear »

And the three sat, silent, staring at each other, hoping that by sheer mind power alone they could winnow out the evil in their midst... but alas, they didn't HAVE the mind power to do so. And the day grew longer and longer...

....and longer and longer....

Please, don't make me bring out an avalynche. Though you know what they say, avalynche is better than no lynche at all. And the puns will only get worse if you don't start posting. :shock:
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:39 am

Post by mathcam »

Sorry, just gone for the weekend. I'm back in full swing now and ready to exact some justice.

I have to confess my suspicion of discer is rapidly growing. Prizm has been somewhat suspicious all game, but I feel like most of this can be attributed to being a relative newbie. discer, on the other hand, has been very poised all game, bringing no suspicion on himself whatsoever. However, the kill patterns for the last couple of days do seem to implicate discer, at least in my mind.

So Prizm seems like the easy choice, but I feel like an easy choice must be unlikely in this game.

I'm going to go read other games with Prizm and see if I get a similar vibe from him in those games.

Cam
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:49 pm

Post by discer »

Cam wrote:
discer, on the other hand, has been very poised all game, bringing no suspicion on himself whatsoever. However, the kill patterns for the last couple of days do seem to implicate discer, at least in my mind.
I don't know how poised I've been but I'll accept the compliment if that's how you meant it. Half of my posts in this game and more than one decision (not catching the cancelled deadline comes to mind) were made after coming home from the bar after work. My gameplan has simply been to point out my observations and let the rest of the town make the connections if they exist. Way back I felt that if I made too many "connections" or attacks of my own I would get lynched when wrong or killed when right. By promoting a team effort I hoped to reduce blind finger pointing when we were wrong and make the mafia's night choices more difficult. I think I succeded in those goals but time will tell for sure.

As far as the night kill patterns go, I think they implicate all of us for one reason or another.

Someone's waiting for the phone so I'll finish my post later.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:49 am

Post by mathcam »

Can we bump Prizm or something? This is going to be a good endgame if he's not here, and a spectacular one if he
is
here.

Cam
Prizm
Prizm
Goon
Prizm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:09 pm

Post by Prizm »

Sorry guys, I've been a bit busy over the past couple days.

Unfortunately, as discer pointed out, there's very good reasons to suspect any one of us.
"But good is not a thing of perception. What is 'good' in one culture cannot be 'evil' in another. This might be true of mores and minor practices, but not of virtue. Virtue is absolute."
-Drizzt Do'Urden

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”