Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:23 am

Post by Netlava »

If there were a Mexican standoff though, I'm sure my constant refreshing would be up to the task.
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:25 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Netlava, your constant refreshing has not served to in any way advance town's objectives -- your casebuilding has been non-existent and mediocre when present.

I guarantee you that I would vote yankee first, and when he flips scum you will probably be next.
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:28 am

Post by Netlava »

It would have been brilliant if Snix unvoted in between your vote and Toro's.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:29 am

Post by Netlava »

I was town, btw.
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Netlava wrote:It would have been brilliant if Snix unvoted in between your vote and Toro's.
Well if Toro and I were scum, you could have done the exact same thing the whole time.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:34 am

Post by Netlava »

Yeah, maybe I should of tried that. But that would likely seem suspicious to other players.
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:08 am

Post by Yankee »

Well thats game over then. I guess its a tie then. Cause we dont lynch today, and then I am NK'ed leaving 2 town vs 2 Mafia. I assume thats a tie. I was the real cop by the way......
Town: 4-4-0

Mafia: 1-0-0
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:25 am

Post by Kdub »

Vote Count

Yankee (0)
-
Snix (0)
-
Netlava (0)
-
Toro (2)
- Yankee, Netlava
Eldritch Lord (0)
-
No Lynch (3)
- Snix, Eldritch Lord, Toro
Not Voting (0)
-

The town decides to not lynch anybody today.

The next morning, everyone wakes up and meets in the town square, where you find the body of Yankee, riddled with bullet holes. Snix and Netlava check his body and find a badge, confirming that he was a
Macho Cop
. They stand up and turn around to see Toro and Eldritch Lord with guns drawn. Two shots ring out, and it is all over.

Yankee, Snix, and Netlava have been killed in the endgame.

Toro and Eldritch Lord win the game for the mafia!
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:30 am

Post by Kdub »

Roles

Yankee -
Macho Cop

Slepz -
Doctor

Netlava -
Vanilla Townie

hohum -
Vanilla Townie

Snix -
Vanilla Townie

Toro -
Mafia Goon

Eldritch Lord -
Mafia Goon

Night Actions

N1

Yankee investigates Netlava (town)
Slepz protects Netlava
Toro kills Slepz
Last edited by Kdub on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:33 am

Post by Kdub »

Interesting finish there at the end. I'll post some thoughts on the game later tonight when I have more time. This was the first game I've modded, so I hope everyone found the game enjoyable.
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:56 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Good call Toro, I wanted to target Netlava!

Haha, Toro really won us an easy game there. Claimed at the right time and made it believable and chose the right NK.

Hohum's play wasn't good at all and he seems to fail to understand that only half the game is discovering scum and the other half is convincing others that those people are scum. So if he comes back with the "I told you so," attitude, it will be completely invalid. He made this a really easy scum victory.

There's really no one to blame but him--I won't be playing with him from now on.
Snix wrote:It does though, because if he's scum and waiting for my vote it means he wants it to be my own logic that kills town[...]It matters a lot when EL is involved.
And it WAS!
Snix wrote:The only way I could be wrong is if EL and Toro are scum (which I don't believe because EL may know me but I don't think he knows me that well. And if he does this game was lost from the get go)
Snix, sorry my friend, but I
do
know you that well, and you
did
lose from the get go. Heheh, you will
not
hear the end of this.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by Snix »

Eldritch Lord wrote:Good call Toro, I wanted to target Netlava!

Haha, Toro really won us an easy game there. Claimed at the right time and made it believable and chose the right NK.

Hohum's play wasn't good at all and he seems to fail to understand that only half the game is discovering scum and the other half is convincing others that those people are scum. So if he comes back with the "I told you so," attitude, it will be completely invalid. He made this a really easy scum victory.

There's really no one to blame but him--I won't be playing with him from now on.
Snix wrote:It does though, because if he's scum and waiting for my vote it means he wants it to be my own logic that kills town[...]It matters a lot when EL is involved.
And it WAS!
Snix wrote:The only way I could be wrong is if EL and Toro are scum (which I don't believe because EL may know me but I don't think he knows me that well. And if he does this game was lost from the get go)
Snix, sorry my friend, but I
do
know you that well, and you
did
lose from the get go. Heheh, you will
not
hear the end of this.
Yeah, yeah. Shoulda gone with my gut.
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

We were prepared for the cop claim, but I didn't really think it would happen. Yankee kind of fucked himself on that one.

It really all comes down to Day 1 though, hohum ended this game before it started.
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by Netlava »

Quite a bizarre finish.

Yankee's claim wasn't really ill timed, as I think it's standard practice to massclaim in lylo.

D2 was pretty much all or nothing. I think it could have gone either way.
Slepz
Slepz
Goon
Slepz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Slepz »

I was kind of disappointing to get night killed. Why did you end up choosing me?
This game would have been a lot better if hohum had been a bit more mature. Well played El, were you trying to get him to quit?
Jugez si vous irez faire. Nous tous allons mourir. J'ai l'intention de le m├â┬®riter.
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:33 pm

Post by Yankee »

I still dont understand Snix's strategy of No Lynch. That is like asking for the mafia to win, even if me and netlava were scum we could vote for no lynch and win. That was like, i dont know which side is scum, so im going to pick neither so we lose..... sigh

Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Slepz wrote:I was kind of disappointing to get night killed. Why did you end up choosing me?
This game would have been a lot better if hohum had been a bit more mature. Well played El, were you trying to get him to quit?
Not quit, but he had proven emotionally unstable in the last game I'd played with him. He has a huge ego too, as evidenced by his willingness to quit just to prove himself "right." I was trying to get him so worked up that he'd slip up like crazy. The self-hammer was a nice bonus.

We ended up choosing you because you were the lurker, it was designed to create WIFOM arguments against Netlava too on Day 1, but that was ruined by Yankee's claim.

@Yankee
I don't think he understood that our win condition left us as the victor in ties. IRL games I've been in have gone to ties in similar situations before.

@Netlava
Massclaim on Day 1 should definitely not be initiated by a cop with nothing but a confirmed innocent.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:55 pm

Post by Snix »

Yankee wrote:I still dont understand Snix's strategy of No Lynch. That is like asking for the mafia to win, even if me and netlava were scum we could vote for no lynch and win. That was like, i dont know which side is scum, so im going to pick neither so we lose..... sigh
I figured it would have given us 1 more day, not losing it for us.
I was wrong apparently.
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by Yankee »

So was my play as the cop newbish, like who i investigated or how i claimed so early. I feel like i could have played it different for a town win....

Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:13 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

It probably would have served you better to just wait and see how the day went before claiming cop. IDK though, its all theoretical now.
-Napoleon I
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:19 pm

Post by Snix »

Yankee wrote:So was my play as the cop newbish, like who i investigated or how i claimed so early. I feel like i could have played it different for a town win....
Your early claim with just an innocent result did throw me off a bit..
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:48 pm

Post by Toro »

WOOOOOOOO!!! Victory!!!

Man you guys don't want to know how much I was holding my breath during that last phase. As soon as Snix went no-lynch though I had a feeling that EL would jump on, thank god I hadn't left for work yet. And to Yankee, I really just wouldn't have claimed really, unless Netlava was about to be lynched. I still would've pulled the fake-claim shit though.
Show
Overall Record: 4-4

Scum: 3-1
Town: 1-3
Indy: 0-0
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:15 pm

Post by Kdub »

Some thoughts on the game:

The scum win condition was that they won if everyone on the town side was dead, or if
nothing could prevent the same
. By no-lynching on D2, the scum would have killed any of the town players that night, stalled on D3 to force a no lynch, and then killed again on N3 to win the game. I made the decision to end the game at that point because I felt that nothing other than the scum intentionally making bad night choices would have prevented the town from losing, and there was no point in dragging out the endgame. Snix was better off flipping a coin and voting randomly than voting no lynch in a lynch-or-lose situation. In general, I think most mods would handle this situation the same way. Just a heads up in case you are in this situation again at some point in the future.

Incidentally, had the doctor still been alive on D2 and a no lynch occurred, I would have moved the game to night and had people submit night actions since the doc would have had a chance to block the night kill and keep the game going.

I thought Yankee made the right play by coming out as the cop, though maybe he should have suggested a mass-claim with townies claiming first. It was lynch-or-lose, so the town needed all the information it could get in order to lynch correctly. Toro also made a good play by counterclaiming when he did. Had Yankee waited until he or Netlava was in danger of being lynched before claiming, I suspect the scum would have thrown suspicion on him for not claiming earlier and saying that he was just trying to save himself or his scum partner.

As for Yankee's earlier question about whether a cop would still receive a result if his target died, the answer is yes. I would have sent the same result (town or mafia) regardless of whether that player was killed the same night or not. I did not want to answer it at the time because I felt I would be overstepping my bounds as an impartial observer and influencing the players' decisions in the game by refuting Toro's claim that he did not receive a result.
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:22 pm

Post by Yankee »

But isnt that general knowledge that should be openly available to players? I know the game is over, i just dont think that you should with hold information that should be publicly known from us just because it might out a scum :P

Return to “Completed Open Games”