Newbie #606- Mafia Win

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 9:06 pm

Post by TheHermit »

EBWOP: And you
still
haven't answered why you switched your vote so quickly and how you know the numegil wagon had townies on it. I eagerly await your response.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 3:39 am

Post by destructor »

My last vote wasn't OMGUS. I'm actually happier with it now.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 7:33 am

Post by TheHermit »

As am I with mine, considering that if a vote is not random you have an obligation to explain
why
you are voting and you have yet to do this with any of your votes.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 10:20 am

Post by skitzer »

Sorry Guys

vote: letsbefriends
- clearly, he wants to become friends to kill us all..

Lol. Anyway, the numegil wagon grew fast. not good.
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by TheHermit »

Why do I have three votes on me still? Two are random and one is OMGUS (until destructor can prove otherwise, which he seems to have no indication of doing). We should be putting more votes on him to pressure him into coming clean, but don't lynch him just yet... ultimately I'm more interested in hearing what he has to say for himself than seeing his dead body. For now.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 6:30 pm

Post by destructor »

peoplesmafia wrote:How so?
Crazygumbi08 wrote:hmm I agree, how does it make them town...
No idea. I was lying.
TheHermit wrote:Hoping that we forget about it?
No. I have sincere doubts that you
actually
believe that I was trying to make people forget about something I did only a few posts ago.
TheHermit wrote:OMGUS much? And I'd JUST finished going over why it's an anti-town move! Tsk tsk.
It wasn't OMGUS, so it wasn't an anti-town move.
TheHermit wrote:As am I with mine, considering that if a vote is not random you have an obligation to explain why you are voting and you have yet to do this with any of your votes.
Did it not cross your mind at any stage that I was waiting for reactions? Well, I was. Regardless, you seem to be assuming that there was a lot of meaning behind pretty much everything I did on
page 1
TheHermit wrote:Instead,
Vote: Destructor
for changing his vote so quickly without reason and then ignoring when other players asked for a clarification.
How is my quick vote change evidence that I'm scum? I've now responded to the questions, what reason is left to vote me?
TheHermit wrote:We should be putting more votes on him to pressure him into coming clean, but don't lynch him just yet... ultimately I'm more interested in hearing what he has to say for himself than seeing his dead body. For now.
Are you trying to quicklynch me?
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 6:32 pm

Post by destructor »

That's like 8 posts from ICs in a row. Come on newbies, let us know what you're thinking!
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 6:42 pm

Post by armlx »

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Vote Count

TheHermit- 3 (letsbefriends, Burt3Forc3, Destructor)
Destructor- 2 (TheHermit, numegil)
numegil- 2 (Crazygumbi08, peoplesmafia)
letsbefriends- 1 (skitzer)

Not Voting- 1 (GhostWriter)

Ghostwriter is also being prodded. I was giving him to through tonight to respond before prodding, but obviously that didn't happen.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 10:16 pm

Post by TheHermit »

I'm going to wait for other players to check in before reacting to destructor's latest post. I want to hear other people's thoughts on this situation, both because I'm afraid of going too fast and losing the newbies and because it takes more than two points of view to make a game of mafia. All I'm going to say is, do NOT put the fifth, lynching vote on ANYONE, no matter how scummy you think they are, without giving the person a chance to respond to the accusations made against them. If you do this and the lynched player comes up townie the rest of the players will assume that you are scum, and two mislynches in a row is usually enough to end newbie games immediately. Voice suspicion and intent to lynch? Good! Dropping the hammer? BAD!

So no, destructor, I do not wish to quicklynch you. In fact, quicklynching you is the last thing I want.
letsbefriends
letsbefriends
Goon
letsbefriends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 11:45 pm

Post by letsbefriends »

I don't feel much of a mafia vibe coming from destructor. Like he already stated, he changed his vote when it was still early and only a few people said anything at the time. From what I see, people who haven't been talking are less suspicious than people that are, just because of the fact that there is nothing to go on. IC's are suppose to be experienced, right? He knows that people are going to be picking apart everything he says and I think if he really was mafia, he'd be more careful than that. So to me, he doesn't seem too scummy. However, he could be doing that reverse psychomocology.

Numegil seems more scummy to me. He doesn't say much, but still votes. Both times he voted, he voted for the same person as TheHermit. That seems suspicious to me, as if he's trying to rack up vote counts for a single person. They could be working together or he's just tagging his vote to an innocent bystander.

I'll also perform a OMGUS and vote for skitzer. I really do want to be your friend, and now we'll have a bond between us~

Unvote
Vote skitzer
Crazygumbi08
Crazygumbi08
Townie
Crazygumbi08
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 9:05 am

Post by Crazygumbi08 »

Did it not cross your mind at any stage that I was waiting for reactions?

This is what I figured. You were just sparking interest in the forum for us to discuss, and to possibly draw a questionable character out of the crowd? Although, as i seem to have no reason to unvote I will keep it where it is.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 9:39 am

Post by skitzer »

I like to state that the other IC's seem to be acting weird this early in the game.

Oh, and
unvote
- bonds are totally yucko.
letsbefriends
letsbefriends
Goon
letsbefriends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 11:26 am

Post by letsbefriends »

skitzer wrote:I like to state that the other IC's seem to be acting weird this early in the game.

Oh, and
unvote
- bonds are totally yucko.
So quick to rescind your vote? Was it because I voted for you? Afraid to get lynched, SCUM?
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 11:33 am

Post by skitzer »

No - it was a random vote anyway. I usually retract my random votes after the first vote count.
Brut3Forc3
Brut3Forc3
Townie
Brut3Forc3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 6:06 pm

Post by Brut3Forc3 »

Sorry that I am one of the inactive people; it's hard for me, being a noob and all. :P

Guess I'll
unvote, vote:skitzer
~Press any key to abort, or any other key to continue.
letsbefriends
letsbefriends
Goon
letsbefriends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 6:12 pm

Post by letsbefriends »

Crazygumbi08 wrote:hmm I agree, how does it make them town. I also find it suspicious that you changed your mind (destructor) so fast for no apparent reason.
Crazygumbi08 wrote:This is what I figured. You were just sparking interest in the forum for us to discuss, and to possibly draw a questionable character out of the crowd? Although, as i seem to have no reason to unvote I will keep it where it is.
In regards to destructor changing his vote without saying anything, contradicting yourself here, aren't you?

Why do you feel your vote should be kept on numegil? Do you think he's scum? You voted him first for being sexist, is that still the only reason?

skitzer, do you find anyone suspicious?

TheHermit, what did you think about destructor's post?
letsbefriends
letsbefriends
Goon
letsbefriends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 6:13 pm

Post by letsbefriends »

Brut3Forc3 wrote:Sorry that I am one of the inactive people; it's hard for me, being a noob and all. :P

Guess I'll
unvote, vote:skitzer
Any particular reason for voting skitzer?
Brut3Forc3
Brut3Forc3
Townie
Brut3Forc3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 6:54 pm

Post by Brut3Forc3 »

letsbefriends wrote:Any particular reason for voting skitzer?
Heh. Nope, not really. Still in the process of random voting...
~Press any key to abort, or any other key to continue.
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 7:09 pm

Post by TheHermit »

Honestly? I'm still a teensy bit suspicious. He insists that I shouldn't be looking too hard at page 1 play, when a) that is really the only way to get out of the random stage, and b) he admitted that he doesn't do random voting. But my gut tells me I'm on the wrong track. Not that I totally trust my gut feelings (as nobody really should), but even if my instincts are wrong I don't have enough information/evidence to contradict it right now. My pressure turned out pretty well in my eyes, so I will
Unvote
as I feel my vote is of no more use here at this time.

Brute, if you weren't new I'd be voting for you. For pretty much the same reason that I voted for destructor above: I get irritated when people don't provide a reason for their votes. But I've got bigger fish to fry, so I'll let you off with an
FoS:Brute
this time. Remember, the more you tell the rest of the town about what's going on in your head the better off the town will be.

letsbefriends, I'm confused. You yourself pointed out that numegil is riding my coattails (which is suspicious on its own, but not conclusive this early on), and you are unsure why gumbi would be satisfied keeping his vote on him?
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 7:11 pm

Post by TheHermit »

EBWOP (Edit By Way of Post): Random voting is awful. It's the worst part of Day 1. Once some actual suspicions get flung around, leave random voting behind and never look back.
letsbefriends
letsbefriends
Goon
letsbefriends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 8:53 pm

Post by letsbefriends »

Like you said, it's still too early to know if it means anything at all. I am still suspicious of numegil, but I just wanted CrazyGumbo to clarify why he thinks he should stay with his random vote. Perhaps he sees something I don't.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 11:24 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

I'm here! Read the sig and I'll post after school!
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 5:03 am

Post by TheHermit »

Sorry to hear that GhostWriter. Well, post when you can.
peoplesmafia
peoplesmafia
Townie
peoplesmafia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 8:23 am

Post by peoplesmafia »

I am suspicious of letsbefriends. It almost looks as if he is trying to cast suspicion on skitzer and numegil.
Crazygumbi08
Crazygumbi08
Townie
Crazygumbi08
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 8:42 am

Post by Crazygumbi08 »

You voted him first for being sexist, is that still the only reason?
it was basically a random vote to begin with.
You yourself pointed out that numegil is riding my coattails (which is suspicious on its own, but not conclusive this early on), and you are unsure why gumbi would be satisfied keeping his vote on him?
I did not take away my vote before, as I did have at least some substance to keeping it when I did not find any reason to trust that he was not scum. Although, I will
Unvote
because it was a random vote.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”