"We'd be much more likely to kill a townie than a scum"

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:15 am

Post by popsofctown »

The vig can shoot once to demonstrate that there is a vig, then get directed by the town without outing N2 and onwards
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:33 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

You can't direct a vig if scum have a doc
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:31 pm

Post by popsofctown »

This is a counterargument to the theory "vig should shoot once to clear his slot, then stop shooting all game". Failing to kill anything in the subset of games where the scum have a doctor still is a clear improvement over that strategy.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:47 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

I'm not arguing against anything you're saying.

I just wanted to point out that you said that you could just leash the vig, which is not completely accurate. Just wanted to clarify that point.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:34 am

Post by GreyICE »

Any chance to kill scum > no chance to kill scum

It's a random lynch mob, no one thinks mob justice is actually a good thing, right? If anything mafia demonstrates what a shitshow it really is.

Also I'm loosely for vigs, but only loosely. I've been known to hold a vig shot (in one case I used a 1-shot vig to shoot a claimed 1-shot bulletproof just to avoid screwing up the numbers). In general, the logic with vigs is the same as with lynches, with the caveat that if the vig costs you a lynch it isn't worth it. Vigs are basically cops that can't be used to confirm townies (so bad cops).
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:23 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 29, GreyICE wrote:Any chance to kill scum > no chance to kill scum

It's a random lynch mob, no one thinks mob justice is actually a good thing, right? If anything mafia demonstrates what a shitshow it really is.

Also I'm loosely for vigs, but only loosely. I've been known to hold a vig shot (in one case I used a 1-shot vig to shoot a claimed 1-shot bulletproof just to avoid screwing up the numbers). In general, the logic with vigs is the same as with lynches, with the caveat that if the vig costs you a lynch it isn't worth it. Vigs are basically cops that can't be used to confirm townies (so bad cops).
Yeah, but on the plus side, the "bad cop" doesn't have to out himself to reveal his role.
There are both pros and cons to gigs just like any other role. Gigs are just more pronounced because they actually remove people from the game, which can swing the game balance more.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Return to “Mafia Discussion”