roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:06 pm

Post by roffman »

I'd just like to mention, about my speaker for the dead role, i can converse with anyone who is dead, via adel to avoid me or them asking or revealing anything inappropriate. As far as i know, and according to Adel and Aborted Elephant, there could be various factions, and each one might not know their own objective, and whether they are scum or not.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:55 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Eh? Whats Aborted Elephant got to do with it?
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:11 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Occult wrote:-Lastly, What the hell is DG's avatar of?
It's a seasonal variation of my regular avatar awash in delicious chocolate Easter eggs.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:12 am

Porochaz wrote:Eh? Whats Aborted Elephant got to do with it?
His name is Dumbo's Aborto.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:49 am

Post by cicero »

roffman wrote:I'd just like to mention, about my speaker for the dead role, i can converse with anyone who is dead, via adel to avoid me or them asking or revealing anything inappropriate. As far as i know, and according to Adel and Aborted Elephant, there could be various factions, and each one might not know their own objective, and whether they are scum or not.
Could you explain this more?

From my role pm, the flavor at the front, and the kills it
seems
clear to me that there are two factions. One which is trying to wake Adel up and the other that is trying to keep her trapped in her nightmare.

Night zero ended up seeing two scum and one townie get killed. That's my interpretation. So what am I missing?

Also, Porochaz. I think what you did is read the note from beyond the grave and see something that is "wrong" in it. Then realised you either said to much or were mistaken and ducked back down. Do you have a good townie reason for not telling us what that was? Maybe you should just articulate your thought process for us.

[/i]
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:06 am

Post by Porochaz »

cicero wrote:
roffman wrote:I'd just like to mention, about my speaker for the dead role, i can converse with anyone who is dead, via adel to avoid me or them asking or revealing anything inappropriate. As far as i know, and according to Adel and Aborted Elephant, there could be various factions, and each one might not know their own objective, and whether they are scum or not.
Could you explain this more?
agreed

From my role pm, the flavor at the front, and the kills it
seems
clear to me that there are two factions. One which is trying to wake Adel up and the other that is trying to keep her trapped in her nightmare.
The people trying to wake her up are town and the people who are trying to keep her trapped are scum

Night zero ended up seeing two scum and one townie get killed. That's my interpretation. So what am I missing?

Also, Porochaz. I think what you did is read the note from beyond the grave and see something that is "wrong" in it. Then realised you either said to much or were mistaken and ducked back down. Do you have a good townie reason for not telling us what that was? Maybe you should just articulate your thought process for us.
I have a good reason why I believe this note to be fake, I do not want to go into it right now but will later if I need to

[/i]
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:23 am

Post by Occult »

Poro, if you have a good reason to believe the note is fake, why did you back down from your FoS so quickly?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:56 am

Post by Porochaz »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Interesting because I sorta guessed that roffman was town from this:

"A dark shape sits peacefully by the river, whispering. It is the speaker for the dead. "
i agreed with d.g. about this and felt roffman was town passing on scums message it seemed the most likely answer.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:25 am

cicero wrote:Night zero ended up seeing two scum and one townie get killed.
I counted 4 kills. Did I hallucinate?

cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:29 am

Post by cicero »

No. I forgot to include that one because it came in the next post in the morning. Notice how there are 2 and 1... then another 1?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:48 am

cicero wrote:No. I forgot to include that one because it came in the next post in the morning. Notice how there are 2 and 1... then another 1?
I'm glad that's settled, and we can get back to our regular programming. LYNCH POROCHAZ.

Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:39 am

Post by Occult »

eh.

No posts from rigel yet, plus QF has been a bit quite.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:55 pm

Post by Porochaz »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
cicero wrote:No. I forgot to include that one because it came in the next post in the morning. Notice how there are 2 and 1... then another 1?
I'm glad that's settled, and we can get back to our regular programming. LYNCH POROCHAZ.
Please explain why you want to lynch me right this very moment...?
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:07 pm

Post by Occult »

VOTE QF
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:44 am

Post by cicero »

Rigel is sparky and is dead.

Vote Streetflo
for flavor reasons. Autocrat sounds like a natural godfather role.

Also I'd like to pressure Streetflo and Porochaz into having a more productive discussion of the rights and wrongs of the writings of the Speaker For the Dead.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:46 pm

Post by Occult »

There's just too much conversation for me to take in right now, so I'm gonna get some sleep I try reading all of this tom.
QuantumFruit
QuantumFruit
Goon
QuantumFruit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:45 pm

Post by QuantumFruit »

@Streeflo: It wasn't a "You know more information than we do so you're scum," it was a either you actually have more information, or (more likely) you're trying to dismiss evidence as invalid because it benefits you. If the first, please explain, if the second, it's scummy and merits a vote.

@cicero: I'm also led to believe that there are two factions, but maybe there are variations and different win conditions from Adel waking/Adel sleeping. Like, maybe that's what "various factions" meant.

@Occult: Sorry, busy week. I realize you probably voted me to get me to do something.

@Porochaz: I think most of us want to know your reasoning and that's why we're suspicious.

---

Did this imply that Sparky (Rigel) is scum? The "he did not prevent" seems to be telling.
Adel wrote: Sparky goes out with a bang. He is now dead. He did not prevent me from waking
Actually, looking back on the Cold Fairy and Aborted Elephant bits imply they are town in some ways. Observe:
"Cold Fairy and Aborted Elephant are now dead. They both prevented me from waking."
If they are dead because they prevented Adel from waking, are they dead because they failed in their mission? That seems to make more sense to me. If their win condition had to do with her waking, and they somehow did something that prevented it (and I don't know what that would be), meaning they somehow screwed up, they died.

Also, I see why the message from Xiao is cast into suspicion, actually. Semantics, really. Adel: "Xiao is now dead. He did not prevent me from waking." Does that mean his win condition was to prevent Adel from waking? Because he did not prevent her from waking and died for it, could that imply that he's scum?

I actually only now realized that nuance - is that what you meant, Porochaz, or is there something else?
Show
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by
madness, starving hysterical naked...

--

Town: 0-0
Scum: 1-0
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:58 pm

Post by Porochaz »

The towns aim is to wake Adel from her nightmare by not preventing her from waking you are trying to wake her therefore town. It confused the hell out of me at first, damn these double negatives...
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:49 pm

Post by Adel »

Another player not involved with this game posted in the thread. I deleted his post and the one a living player posted in reply to it.
QuantumFruit
QuantumFruit
Goon
QuantumFruit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:14 pm

Post by QuantumFruit »

But why would you die from not preventing her from waking? You would have to be scum if you died from not preventing her from waking, since your goal was to prevent her from waking - no?
Show
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by
madness, starving hysterical naked...

--

Town: 0-0
Scum: 1-0
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:03 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Mod can we get a clarification on this...
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:50 pm

Post by Streeflo »

QF seems to be confused at which alignment is town, and which one is scum.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:55 pm

Post by Streeflo »

cicero wrote:
Vote Streetflo
for flavor reasons. Autocrat sounds like a natural godfather role.
Have it your way, I'm sure a mod like Adel is good enough to prevent obvious role guessing like this.
cicero wrote: Also I'd like to pressure Streetflo and Porochaz into having a more productive discussion of the rights and wrongs of the writings of the Speaker For the Dead.
I see no reason to not believe what roffman has said so far.

I won't look to any flavor the mod writes as hints at his alliance however. Stuff like that doesn't sit well with me.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:01 pm

Post by Streeflo »

QuantumFruit wrote:@Streeflo: It wasn't a "You know more information than we do so you're scum," it was a either you actually have more information, or (more likely) you're trying to dismiss evidence as invalid because it benefits you. If the first, please explain, if the second, it's scummy and merits a vote.
I don't understand the second part. What information is Porochaz dismissing?

Porochaz wrote:Eh? Whats Aborted Elephant got to do with it?
ANSWER!
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:41 pm

Post by roffman »

ATM, i have sent a message via Adel to all the dead players, asking for any information or insights they can provide to the game, as well as a request for possible proof as to their alignment and how they died. So far, i'm not sure whether the messages have been forwarded, or whether or not no messages have been sent back.

On another note, i'm currently very confused as to who is what alignment and what the goals of which alignment are. I understand that there is a group who want Adel to wake, and another to sleep, though i'm really not sure which group is scum, or even which group i'm in (yes, my win condition is currently ambiguous).
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”