warrior4037
warrior4037
Watcher
warrior4037
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2003 1:46 pm

Post by warrior4037 »

confirm yada yada (just got back from camping, so obviously hadn't had chance to check site in a couple days.)

hmm...first day...six to lynch
vote:Beaudoin
cus it's the first day and he didnt' defend himself yet.

btw.. haven't seen the movie, don't think I'll have a chance to anytime soon. (not that i don't want to, but that i can't)
Chiromancer
Chiromancer
Townie
Chiromancer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2003 4:12 pm

Post by Chiromancer »

Beaudoin, it's
really
not your lucky day.

Vote: Beaudoin
. Four out of six votes. No one kill him yet please.

-Mance
Give me a hand?
Beaudoin
Beaudoin
Watcher
Beaudoin
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2003 4:31 pm

Post by Beaudoin »

Just so I know, can anyone please tell me why they're voting for me as opposed to, oh, Trevize? Because 4 random votes is, well, quite a lot.

What I'm curious about is Trevize's comment about the Golgotha Shit Demon being a serial killer. Not necessarily for the GSD part of it (my initial reaction to the death was that it was the GSD), but that it is the serial killer. Maybe Trevize knows something we don't?
Beaudoin responds: "Hey! Well, no hard feeling, I guess. Since 2 is greater than 3, I'll help y'all string up Medicated Lain" -jeep, Minigame 20
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2003 5:40 pm

Post by rite »

Uh... that was my logical assumption. We had two deaths. I think we can safely assume that the hanging was attributed to the crusading Bartheby/Loki/Possibly Demon Mafia. That leaves another death... logically a death by a serial killer role, because if the GSD can just attack on one night, he/she wouldn't waste it on the first (and the GSD is decidedly unbiased against killing good guys or bad guys, fitting into the serial killer role even better).

I dunno, maybe it's just me :P
Beaudoin
Beaudoin
Watcher
Beaudoin
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2003 5:58 pm

Post by Beaudoin »

Here are the roles that we can fairly safely assume A) exist and B) are evil:

Bartelby and Loki (the two renegade angels)
Azrael (an angel that was cast out of heaven after the Great War in Heaven, and the person manipulating Bartelby and Loki)
Golgotha Shit Demon (a demon made out of shit)

However, there's some question on what the division of evil is. The GSD was sent by Azrael to kill the good guys (if I remember correctly). So we could have a mafia containing the fallen angels (Bartelby, Loki, and Azrael) and a GSD SK, which makes sense from a pure game perspective, or a mafia containing Bartelby and Loki, and a second containing Azrael and the GSD, if we follow the movie and use the logic that the GSD wouldn't kill its own master AND that Bartelby and Loki did not know they were being used, or the true consequences of their goals, until the end of the movie.

Also, can we hit the suspects over the head with Cardinal Glick's golf clubs? I mean, they are instruments of God. [/joke]
Beaudoin responds: "Hey! Well, no hard feeling, I guess. Since 2 is greater than 3, I'll help y'all string up Medicated Lain" -jeep, Minigame 20
Chiromancer
Chiromancer
Townie
Chiromancer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2003 3:34 pm

Post by Chiromancer »

Interesting that Beaudoin hasn't claimed a role yet, I was under the impression that was standard procedure when hit with a random first day bandwagon. Especially in a themed game, when we should know who the major good guys / bad guys are...it would be harder for someone to fake a role. Now there may be a completely legitimate reason (i.e. he's a Doctor equivalent, or something,) but he's not reacting like a normal bandwagoned good Town role would (Aah! Eek! Uncle! Get off me! Cop! Cop! COOOOPPPPPPP!)...instead, we're getting 'helpful' information and a cool, logical "er, why is this bandwagon on me? I don't think I've done anything suspicious." So I'm keeping my vote where it is, thank you very much. I wonder what other roles would be in the game...perhaps Beaudoin would like to give that assessment as well?
Give me a hand?
KingPin
KingPin
Goon
KingPin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2003 4:28 pm

Post by KingPin »

While I understand the whole "defend yourself" argument from Chiromancer, I do not understand the whole I will vote for him then say "please dont kill him."

I dont think that bandwagoning someone then asking for the town not to kill them is cool. In fact by supplying the 4 of 6 votes you are almost tempting the evil ones to jump on and get rid of him.

Now I do understand that, yeah, Beaudoin does need to help himself to avoid being crucified. So on that note:

[/b]FOS: Beaudoin
FOS: Chiromancer[/b]
at least until I have a response or other inspiring avenues to travel
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2003 8:04 pm

Post by ambic »

Beaudoin, you have 24 hours. No defense = my vote. Unless something else happens of course.
Trevize
Trevize
Townie
Trevize
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2003 4:53 am

Post by Trevize »

Beaudoin, you were posting quite a bit before. I would come up with a defense because we all are pretty much thinking your are this guy =========> :twisted:
KingPin
KingPin
Goon
KingPin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:02 am

Post by KingPin »

Okay, so I was rereading the thread... I agree with Chiromancer and his/her point that role claims in such a small themed game will be a great asset LATER in the game. Now to save his neck I think that, YES, help is needed from Beaudoin. The longer we go without a response the larger my suspicion grows.

Beaudoin.... time is growing short for you, the nails have been sharpened and the crown of thorns is ready for its first evil blasphemer... state your case... and prepare to be judged...
Beaudoin
Beaudoin
Watcher
Beaudoin
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2003 6:17 am

Post by Beaudoin »

Chiromancer wrote:but he's not reacting like a normal bandwagoned good Town role would (Aah! Eek! Uncle! Get off me! Cop! Cop! COOOOPPPPPPP!)...instead, we're getting 'helpful' information and a cool, logical "er, why is this bandwagon on me? I don't think I've done anything suspicious."

That's because it's the way I tend to play. Whether good or evil, you don't want to look suspicious, and I see people going "Eek! Uncle! Get off!" as suspicious. Therefore, I don't do that.

But you want a roleclaim? I'm John Doe Jersey, the old guy the triplets beat up at the beginning of the movie. I wasn't told that I house God, but he did tell me that I had a couple of night "protections". He hadn't told me what these "protections" were, but I'm guessing they have strings attached (i.e. a comatose state, weakened defenses against lynchings, etc.).
KingPin
KingPin
Goon
KingPin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2003 12:02 pm

Post by KingPin »

Truthfully Beaudoin, I want to believe you. But there is something in the back of my head saying NO, NO, NO. How can a comatose person protect anyone? let-a-lone actually benefit the town? This is a truely harsh spot for the town... Bandwagoning has been the rule on the first day, normally when the heat is turned up someone breaks. You on the other hand are calm and persistant, and I like that in a townie...

therefore after much debate and consideration, I am going to go after the only silent member....

VOTE: NIGHT STALKER

to continue the first day information seeking!!
Chiromancer
Chiromancer
Townie
Chiromancer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:27 pm

Post by Chiromancer »

Blast. Grr grr grr grr grr.

I must gracefully (or perhaps not so gracefully) bow out of this game, and request that the moderator find a replacement for me. I have received information about the game which I am not supposed to have through a simple error. I do not intend to reveal it in the thread or to my successor, but having it alone compromises the integrity of the setup.

Thank you. Perhaps I will see some of you in another mini game.

Mance.
Give me a hand?
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:32 pm

Post by ambic »

Wow I wish I was that honest :-) If I ever accidentally recieved info Id milk it for it all it was worth.
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2003 3:04 am

Post by DoomCow »

Chiromancer wrote:Blast. Grr grr grr grr grr.

I must gracefully (or perhaps not so gracefully) bow out of this game, and request that the moderator find a replacement for me. I have received information about the game which I am not supposed to have through a simple error. I do not intend to reveal it in the thread or to my successor, but having it alone compromises the integrity of the setup.

Thank you. Perhaps I will see some of you in another mini game.

Mance.

Very well, I have asked the next one in the list if he wants the place.

also, time for a
VOTE COUNT
:

Lucresia 1 (Trevize)
Beaudoin 4 (Polotet, Rite, Warrior4037, Chiromancer)
Trevize 1 (Ambic)
Night Stalker 2 (Lucresia, Kingpin)
No you weren't there when nothing happened baby, some fool can testify. Nobody saw your nails were dirty baby, just blame the flirty vile. You've got to say the wrong words right baby, you got to tell a lie.
-'Lie' Daan
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2003 5:40 am

Post by DoomCow »

JesterNL wil be replacing Chiromancer.
No you weren't there when nothing happened baby, some fool can testify. Nobody saw your nails were dirty baby, just blame the flirty vile. You've got to say the wrong words right baby, you got to tell a lie.
-'Lie' Daan
KingPin
KingPin
Goon
KingPin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2003 6:50 am

Post by KingPin »

Okay, this day seems to be dragging on.
Lets have some conversations!!! Speculations!!!
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2003 9:38 am

Post by Polotet »

*Doubts Beaudoin's role claim.*
Lucresia
Lucresia
Goon
Lucresia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2003 10:24 am

Post by Lucresia »

I wasn't told that I house God, but he did tell me that I had a couple of night "protections". He hadn't told me what these "protections" were, but I'm guessing they have strings attached (i.e. a comatose state, weakened defenses against lynchings, etc.).

Alright...this doesn't sound very believable to me..I don't know about everyone else, but I don't think you wouldn't be told the main part of your role/ability...so...as day 1...this is enough for me to go on.

Unvote: Night Stalker
Vote: Beaudoin
[b]"and All anybody knows is you're not like them..."[/b]

- Elliott Smith
warrior4037
warrior4037
Watcher
warrior4037
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2003 11:09 am

Post by warrior4037 »

Beaudoin's role claim seems unlikely to me, based on the fact that this character appears to have such a small role in the film. It seems unlikely that such a small role would make it into the game. (But I will admit that I haven't seen the movie, so if I'm missing some info, I apologize and will take correction)
KingPin
KingPin
Goon
KingPin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2003 11:19 am

Post by KingPin »

Warrior,
you are correct to assume that John Doe Jersey had a small role in the film. Another interesting point from the film, By killing John Doe
GOD
was released!!! Don't know if this is of importance?
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:30 pm

Post by rite »

God isn't getting to get killed. I have a feeling that the "protections" he is talking about apply to himself-- for a while, at least, he's not going to be able to die. This meshes well for keeping with a story line that DoomCow is probably following. Don't know if John Doe's safe from lynching, or only night kills, but either the truth or his BSing is forcing me to
unvote: Beaudoin

Here's hoping that we'll get a deadline soon so that something will actually happen around here...
Rite
Beaudoin
Beaudoin
Watcher
Beaudoin
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:56 pm

Post by Beaudoin »

rite wrote:God isn't getting to get killed. I have a feeling that the "protections" he is talking about apply to himself-- for a while, at least, he's not going to be able to die.

Yeah, that's what I meant. And like I said, my protections most likely have stipulations on them (if I'm attacked, then I'm told I can't speak the next day, or it only takes half the votes necessary to lynch me, etc). In the movie, John Doe Jersey was attacked in the first 5 minutes by Azrael's triplet thugs, but didn't die and was put on life support. Thus, with my being attacked I most likely would be weakened in some way. Also, I wasn't told I was protected from lynches, only night kills.

I don't know about everyone else, but I don't think you wouldn't be told the main part of your role/ability

Whereas I've learned not to trust deceptively simple roles in theme games. Besides, one could argue that my night protection *was* the main part of my role. The possible stipulations are just flavor that meshes well with my role and the theme.
Lucresia
Lucresia
Goon
Lucresia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:24 am

Post by Lucresia »

Hmm well that makes a lot mroe sense. I think I just didn't understand what you meant.

unvote: Beaudoin

Back to my original vote, but silence is added to the reason for this vote now.

vote: Night Stalker
[b]"and All anybody knows is you're not like them..."[/b]

- Elliott Smith
jesternl
jesternl
Townie
jesternl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:56 am

Post by jesternl »

OK, jumping in fresh to replace whoever.... Will you people stop making such long posts, It's so much work to read...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”