Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:44 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

/pre in for AdjectivePick Mafia
Apologies for falling off the face of the earth.
I'M BACK BABY FOR A LIMITED TIME*!
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:36 am

Post by Amrun »

I enjoyed testing out this set-up, but coming from scum, it felt really impossible to win. I don't see a tenable strategy, still.

I can't believe I got away with my scumslip, though. >.>
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:41 am

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

i really really really wanted to vig you that night amrun!! :]
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:48 am

Post by CSL »

She let me use this avatar. Derp.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:09 am

Post by Kdub »

Interesting idea, but it didn't really work out. There might be a way for a dayless game to be functional, but I'm not quite sure how.

We probably shattered the record for smallest large game though.
Last edited by Kdub on Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:40 am

Post by Hoppster »

In post 17, zoraster wrote:Personally, I was kind of hoping for a nightless game without any discussion except between scum members. Somehow incorporating only power roles.

This is what I was expecting. :P

As frustrating as it was to see the town work me into an unwinnable position, I'm glad I played. It was reasonably enjoyable, and nice and quick.
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:41 am

Post by Empking »

In post 30, Hoppster wrote:
In post 17, zoraster wrote:Personally, I was kind of hoping for a nightless game without any discussion except between scum members. Somehow incorporating only power roles.

This is what I was expecting. :P

Neighbourizer is a power role.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:02 am

Post by Empking »

Would this work?

[spoiler="Dayless Mafia 2?]3 Mafia Goons
4 Barkeeps
4 Non-Consecutive Vigs
4 Doctors

You are a Mafia Goon. The Mafia Goons are XXX, YYY & ZZZ. You may talk to each other here:

At night as a group you may perform the following two actions. You may target a player with a Doctor protect. You may also target a player with a night kill. Please inform me of who performs what action. The same player may not do both.

You win when you can no longer be eliminated.

You are a Barkeep. You have two abilities each night. One passive and one active.
Passive: Any player that targets you gains the ability to send you a single message the next night. (This message doesn’t count as targetting you.)
Active: You may target a player each night. This does nothing.
You also have the one-shot ability to send a message to another player.

You win when the mafia has been eliminated.

You are a Doctor. You may target a player each night. If they are targeted by a kill they will not die.

You win when the mafia have been eliminated.

You are a Non-Consecutive Vig. Each night you may attempt to kill a player. You cannot use this ability on consecutive nights.

Messages are sent as soon as I read them.[/spoiler]
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:50 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 16, kanyeknowsbest wrote:lol at kdowns/oversoul qt.

Lol. How did everyone go about with the neighborizing action? I couldn't discern a pattern other than people trying to choose others they had a commonality with or knew a deeper level than just one game. When Kdowns said he got a guilty I was so depressed especially since it automatically outted all of the scum. :|

In post 18, Quilford wrote:If the neighbourise was just one shot maybe this would've gone down better?

That completely defeats the purpose of the neighborization aspect that I think Empking was looking for in a game of this type. If you can accidentally pick up a scum member you are basically hamstringed the rest of the game, unless you are posting under the assumption that everyone will circle neighborize?

In post 26, Amrun wrote:I enjoyed testing out this set-up, but coming from scum, it felt really impossible to win. I don't see a tenable strategy, still.

I can't believe I got away with my scumslip, though. >.>

I agree. I couldn't really get into this game especially on a quick topic where many people were posting and it was hard to navigate. I liked the idea behind the game, but I never felt I had a chance to win especially once Amrun reported back that there were 7 people in her QT.

Amrun, what was your scumslip? Innocent on Hoppster?
In post 32, Empking wrote:Would this work?

[spoiler="Dayless Mafia 2?]3 Mafia Goons
4 Barkeeps
4 Non-Consecutive Vigs
4 Doctors

You are a Mafia Goon. The Mafia Goons are XXX, YYY & ZZZ. You may talk to each other here:

At night as a group you may perform the following two actions. You may target a player with a Doctor protect. You may also target a player with a night kill. Please inform me of who performs what action. The same player may not do both.

You win when you can no longer be eliminated.

You are a Barkeep. You have two abilities each night. One passive and one active.
Passive: Any player that targets you gains the ability to send you a single message the next night. (This message doesn’t count as targetting you.)
Active: You may target a player each night. This does nothing.
You also have the one-shot ability to send a message to another player.

You are a Doctor. You may target a player each night. If they are targeted by a kill they will not die.

You win when the mafia have been eliminated.

You are a Non-Consecutive Vig. Each night you may attempt to kill a player. You cannot use this ability on consecutive nights.

Messages are sent as soon as I read them.[/spoiler]

I don't see any glaring problems with this other than the fact that town can lose in 4 nights if scum hits all vigs and doctors fail to protect a target correctly. I think the open aspect is what ruins this mechanic, to be frank.

Nice game, Emp. ^_^
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:54 am

Post by Empking »

In post 33, Oversoul wrote:
I don't see any glaring problems with this other than the fact that town can lose in 4 nights if scum hits all vigs and doctors fail to protect a target correctly.

Four nights doesn't seem like a biggie to me. (surely the possibility of scum losing in one is bigger. (or town losing in one for that matter))
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:06 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 34, Empking wrote:
In post 33, Oversoul wrote:
I don't see any glaring problems with this other than the fact that town can lose in 4 nights if scum hits all vigs and doctors fail to protect a target correctly.

Four nights doesn't seem like a biggie to me. (surely the possibility of scum losing in one is bigger. (or town losing in one for that matter))

I hadn't taken that into consideration. By non consecutive vigs I thought they could not all start on the same night. Also, 4 nights isn't much considering 48 hour deadlines. ;)
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:24 am

Post by Amrun »

I thought we had had two nights when we had had one. >.>
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:31 am

Post by kdowns »

XD Oversoul I knew right away when I died you were mafia also ... Gah, Why didn't I just with held my information xD

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”