Newbie 947 (Game over Scum wins!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
superdemongob
superdemongob
Townie
superdemongob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:14 am

Post by superdemongob »

bemyally wrote: Also, he was quick to unvote 'no lynch' and shift the blame to xc0m once someone else had voted for him.
not sure you noticed but even my No Lynch vote was after the someone else had voted for xcom. i didn't change my vote just cus i saw someone else doing it.
i've already explained why i changed and why the change post didn't have the reason.
Free World Domination consultation available.
PM for Details.

[url=http://internetometer.com/give/11684]http://internetometer.com/image/11684.png[/url]
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:59 am

Post by Zachrulez »

1st vote count of day 1:

superdemogob - 3 (Haylen, Xc0m, bemyally)
Xc0m - 2 (jmurph3, superdemongob)
Haylen - 2 (Jerbs, MichelSableheart)
Jerbs - 1 (xSekirei)

Not voting: (dandman999)

If I made any mistakes, politely point them out as soon as you see them.

Deadline is May 19th at 9am CST
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:45 am

Post by Jerbs »

Is it just me, or does it seem like a lot of people have avi's that are white on black?

Just because you're more 'experienced', (a.k.a. SE or IC) doesn't mean you're a better player. Im an SE, yet I have not lived past Night 1 in my previous games
"Those that hammer others are called scum. But I think those who lurk and refrain from voting are worse than scum. If I'm going to be called scum either way, I'd rather hammer! And if that's not being a proper Mafia player, then I'll destroy that idea!"
V/LA on most weekends
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:28 am

Post by Haylen »

I have this avatar because of a bet.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:49 am

Post by jmurph3 »

Jerbs wrote:Is it just me, or does it seem like a lot of people have avi's that are white on black?
Haylen wrote:I have this avatar because of a bet.
I have this avatar because it's awesome 8-)
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

Haylen wrote:PatResults didn't replace out. Vel missed his outting in the queue because he editted his post rather than say it in a new post, so he was already out way before he received a role.
Ah, ok. *checks* Yes, that fits, accusation answered.

@Bemyally: First of all, were you aware that you put on an L-2 vote? Did it play a role in your decission to vote? Secondly, how can you say that superdemongob unvoted because someone else voted him, when nobody posted between his first and second post?
jmurph3 wrote:In other news, I don't know if I fully follow your reasoning, Michel. Speculating on a player replacing out for any reason is generally not useful. Not only does Haylen claim that he didn't replace out, but to follow your own logic, PatResults could just as easily have replaced out because he didn't want to be a townie.
Goodposting. My vote was more intended as an example of a vote that could actually spark discussion. I was planning to make it ever since the mod made the post about the replacement. It would be a valid vote if I could back it up with quotes showing that PatResults prefers playing town over scum, but as it is, it's pretty useless. It would probably have been better if I took the actual other posts into account, allthough the only actual suspicious action I've seen so far came from demongob, and I felt an L-2 vote might be too much pressure too early on a newer player.
jmurph wrote:the "About Haylen" post. Telling us what is and isn't a scumtell for you is a waste for me, and, personally, a confusing way to start off the game.
I have played with Haylen at least once before when she was town, and she got into heavy trouble for appealing to emotion (among others). I think it's pretty likely her post comes from her being mislynched for those reasons a number of times, though I haven't actually checked.

Jerbs, what is the added value of your post #27? How does it help in finding the scum?

Unvote
There is no 'a' in Michel.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

MichelSableheart wrote:
jmurph wrote:the "About Haylen" post. Telling us what is and isn't a scumtell for you is a waste for me, and, personally, a confusing way to start off the game.
I have played with Haylen at least once before when she was town, and she got into heavy trouble for appealing to emotion (among others). I think it's pretty likely her post comes from her being mislynched for those reasons a number of times, though I haven't actually checked.
Whether or not it comes from previous games or not, it would be the perfect ruse for her as scum to throw that out there to start with so that later on in the game, she can point back to that post as concrete evidence. Basically, my problem with it is that it's setting up a potential WIFOM argument later on.
bemyally
bemyally
Goon
bemyally
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:17 am

Post by bemyally »

I'm quite tired at this time.. so you guys have made some great points I'm sure, good enough for me to have to reread your posts in order to process them in my otherwise slow brain :(

Superdemongob, I will believe you for this time since it is only the first day and you might have been pointing the finger at just about anyone.. I will be keeping an eye on you though ;)

MichelSableHeart, I apologise for my slowness, but could you rephrase your questions? What does L-2 mean? Oh and this may be just general laziness but I speedread through peoples' posts and may skip others-- which might explain me not figuring out the timing of posts. Of course as the game gets further in, I will take time to analyse people's motives more. That is, if I survive that long :/

Ouch, my brain hurts :(
The longer I wait, the harder I'm gonna fall.
bemyally
bemyally
Goon
bemyally
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:20 am

Post by bemyally »

Jerbs, if you have been killed everytime on the first night, it might signify that the Mafia view you as a huge threat given your skill level, OR that you may have said something that pointed towards them.. so they needed to shut you up :)

I would be honoured to be killed on the first night :)
(not everytime though, please)
superdemongob
superdemongob
Townie
superdemongob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:48 am

Post by superdemongob »

lol, i find it funny that you trust me, but your vote stands.

apologies for contentless post, i had to make that comment. its 1 am where i am, i'm gonna wake up in about 5-8 hours re-read everything. that usually helps.
PM for Details.

[url=http://internetometer.com/give/11684]http://internetometer.com/image/11684.png[/url]
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:23 am

benyally wrote:MichelSableHeart, I apologise for my slowness, but could you rephrase your questions? What does L-2 mean? Oh and this may be just general laziness but I speedread through peoples' posts and may skip others-- which might explain me not figuring out the timing of posts. Of course as the game gets further in, I will take time to analyse people's motives more. That is, if I survive that long :/
L-2 is two votes away from lynch (Lynch minus 2). Two other players voted demongob before you did, so after your vote, only two more players voting would have been a lynch. I was wondering if the fact that it brought demongob pretty close to a lynch had played a role in your decission to vote him.

Speedreading may not be the best strategy for a game like this. If you speedread, especially to the extend that you start recollecting events in the wrong order, it will be very difficult to make a correct analysis of the game. In particular, the following quote is simply incorrect.
benyally wrote:Also, he was quick to unvote 'no lynch' and shift the blame to xc0m once someone else had voted for him.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:41 am

Post by Haylen »

Koewoe has failed to pick up his prod. I'll start looking for a replacement now. Hang in there guys.

Lots of Love,
Hayl xxx

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:42 am

Post by Haylen »

Hang on a minute! This isnt Newbie 944...

MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:57 am

@Haylen: No, this is newbie 947. To which your post isn't very relevant.

You voted demongob because he voted No Lynch during day 1. Did the fact that he immediately afterwards unvoted influence your opinion of him in any way? What do you think about Bemyally's L-2 vote?
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:42 am

Post by Haylen »

Pfft. This is what I get for have three mafia windows open, that was meant to be for my newbie game, I had both this game and my game with windows where I was about to post and forgot which one I was in. You can hardly call that irrelevant so stop strawmanning my actions please. It's scummy.

Regarding DB It was an RVS vote, that wasn't exactly random and I dont plan on unvoting until Ive either seen the RVS as being over.

I don't mind L-2 votes at any point in the game, including RVS. The only thing I do mind is when people put somebody at L-1 without wanting them to be hammered. I will only put somebody to L-1 if I think they should be lynched, because of the chance that there will be a simulpost and that one containing a vote on the same player.

Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:24 am

Post by Jerbs »

@MichelSableheart

That post doesnt help in finding scum. Its just that I've been called out for doing things that apparently newbs do, but i was an SE so people voted on me...

@bemyally

1st time I was killed because of scum tunneling me, and everyone following along
2nd time i was cop
3rd time I replaced out

Hopefully i get to actually live at bit more n this game

I personoly thing that even putting someone at L-1 is okay, provided that everyone knows knows beforehand that it will happen. If he/she gets quicklynched, then you lynch the hammerer
"Those that hammer others are called scum. But I think those who lurk and refrain from voting are worse than scum. If I'm going to be called scum either way, I'd rather hammer! And if that's not being a proper Mafia player, then I'll destroy that idea!"
V/LA on most weekends
bemyally
bemyally
Goon
bemyally
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by bemyally »

Hmm, it seems to me that people are hating on my comments. Sorry that I don't think before I post.

Superdemongob, I have said that your excuse is plausible however I still do not trust you. My vote only stands not because I 'don't trust you', mainly because there is no one else I believe to be scummy.. yet. Even if you are not scum, it would not matter because at the end of the day someone has to die. Technically voting 'no lynch' on the first night has already been proven advantageous to the Mafia in past games.

MichelSableHeart, honestly I see no problem with going with a L-2 vote. Sometimes peoples' actions may be overly-analysed (though feel free to analyse my own, and my defense). I merely voted for Superdemongob based on my own suspicions of him quickly unvoting 'No lynch'. It was NOT based on how many people had voted for him thus far.

Next time, I will keep my suspicions to myself if it seems like I will be attacked for it.

Superdemongob, though I still find you to be scummy, I have decided for your sake to withdraw my vote until perhaps just before the deadline of the first day ending. If I find someone else to be scummier, of course I'll put my vote in for them. But if there should be no one else, I'll still be voting for you.

Unvote: Superdemongob
superdemongob
superdemongob
Townie
superdemongob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by superdemongob »

your reasons are fine, no one's attacking you for them.
we're all just trying to understand so that we may be influenced. i'm still waiting for a good reason to actually believe someone is scummy.
you're right that someone has to die and on D1 that will probably be an innocent but i don't see how a rapid change from something that helps mafia to something that (potentially) helps town is perceived as a scummy move. but then, of course, i did it so i won't see the negative aspect.

but please, share your views so that we can all at least analyse them and potentially even be convinced by them.
PM for Details.

bemyally
bemyally
Goon
bemyally
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by bemyally »

Superdemongob, my views have already been shared.

I have nothing else to say. I'm careful now with what I post. Because I know that people will simply quote me and pick apart what I have to say. So now I will only post when I deem necessary.

I wouldn't call this lurking, by the way. I'm being very careful now. And I'll know not to speedread. Just think of me as someone hiding behind the scenes.
superdemongob
superdemongob
Townie
superdemongob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:25 pm

Post by superdemongob »

thats sad. cus sharing is caring and i'm sure i speak for everyone when i say it would suck if you stopped caring about us. :(

anyways, enough contentless posts. i'm still not sure who is the scummiest here at the moment though.
clearly many people think its me but since i can't vote for myself...
PM for Details.

jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 4:35 am

Post by jmurph3 »

bemyally wrote:I have nothing else to say. I'm careful now with what I post. Because I know that people will simply quote me and pick apart what I have to say. So now I will only post when I deem necessary.

I wouldn't call this lurking, by the way. I'm being very careful now. And I'll know not to speedread. Just think of me as someone hiding behind the scenes.
Just to offer fair warning, it's better to be up front about what you're thinking because that gives you a chance to defend yourself and your views, whereas by "hiding behind the scenes," you will almost always be seen as more scummy than those that post.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 9:38 am

Post by Haylen »

V/LA for a few days. Death in the family.

superdemongob
superdemongob
Townie
superdemongob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by superdemongob »

My condolences.
if theres anything i can do (even though you have no idea who i am) just let me know.
PM for Details.

MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 8:02 pm

Short post to say that I'm still here. Expect proper content from me tomorrow.
bemyally
bemyally
Goon
bemyally
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 10:13 pm

Post by bemyally »

@Jmurph: I did not say that I would not post from here on in, more that I would only post when I 'deem necessary'. Seeing as how my last POV was taken as escalating a vote to L-2, I have merely decided to keep my thoughts to myself until I am sure that people would agree with me, or that I have enough concrete evidence that no one would have an argument against me.

So of course, I will still be posting, but not as often as before. Technically it is viewed as scummy unless you are upfront about it from the start and explaining your reasons for it. There is still a while to go for the end of D1, so we will see what happens.

@Haylen: I hope everything is alright.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”