Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:59 am

Post by Starbuck »

When I modded my first Open game, she was there and she wasn't lurkerish at all.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:15 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

Woop woop, two blatant BSG fans in this game.

I'm, like, ridiculously tired, so I'm going to

Vote: bv310

for having a boring alphanumeric name and check in later.
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

pwnman
pwnman
Goon
pwnman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:18 am

Post by pwnman »

Vote Vavya
for bandwagoning
Show
Mafia RULES!!!!
As Mafia- 1-0
As Town- 1-2
As 3rd Party- 0-0
May have LA until March
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:21 am

Post by bv310 »

esuriospiritus wrote:Woop woop, two blatant BSG fans in this game.

I'm, like, ridiculously tired, so I'm going to

Vote: bv310

for having a boring alphanumeric name and check in later.
If it makes you feel any better, you can call me Brock. ;)
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:26 am

Post by Vaya »

jeromus wrote:Oh, hello there to you too, Vaya!

"Vote: Seven"

What's that, Vaya?
"Vote: Seven"

Do you want to justify that post, or are you jus gonn-"VOTE: SEVEN"

My point being - At least introduce yourself, say hi, or give a ridiculous reason as to why your random vote makes sense, as the social protocol seems to dictate!
I don't think that's important. Its just a random vote, whether I give a "joke" reason to go along with it or not.
farside22 wrote:
vote: Vaya

Will you be flaking in this game and quiet as you were in the last game we were in together?
Nope. I
was
actually planning to take a break from mafia because of my lurking, though I decided to make an exception here because I enjoyed the last game by this mod I was in. I'm not always as bad as you've seen me lately, and since this will most likely be the only game I'm in, there shouldn't be any problems with my activity.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:44 am

Post by Azhrei »

Vaya - I've never played with you before, so I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on this lurking business, but I really do hope you keep true to your word and don't. Annoyingly, it isn't even a tell, as you don't only do it as scum, or only as town.

Oh well...

However, I find farside's aggression to you for this, well, intriguing. I understand that playing with someone who is a renowned lurker, especially in a no-replacements game, would be frustrating, but seeing as so far, Vaya has been as active as anyone else, its a tad odd as an opener.

So why the aggression, Farside? The others seemed a little more reasonable about it, and in fact only commented after you did, but you went straight in for a personal attack.
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:01 am

Post by farside22 »

So why the aggression, Farside? The others seemed a little more reasonable about it, and in fact only commented after you did, but you went straight in for a personal attack.
I'm not the biggest fan of RVS. I like to start aggresive to get a game going or it goes stangnat by page 2 to 3 with just votes and nothing more.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:08 am

Post by Azhrei »

Understandable - I've doen tyhe same myself. But, it just seems an odd reason, is all. Why that, as opposed to, say, the mild bandwagon on Seven, a slight meta on someone you've played with before, even Vaya's reasonless vote? Or something else I missed entirely?
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:10 am

Post by Azhrei »

Actually, now that I think of it, why didn't you mention the mid bandwagoning and Vaya not providing a reason for his vote when you mentioned the lurking?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by farside22 »

I don't know seven and I voted based on meta of vaya.
3 players voting for seven is not a bw in my view.
Most people vote either BW or no reason in RVS it's not always noteworthy and sometimes it is.
In this case I looked at the player list and saw vaya and recalled her lurkering ways in another game.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:00 pm

Post by iamausername »

Unvote, Vote: pwnman

bv310, do you agree?
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:34 pm

Post by bv310 »

Why would I need to agree?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by iamausername »

Oh, you don't have to, I was just wondering if you did.
Seven
Seven
Goon
Seven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:06 pm

Post by Seven »

I haven't played with any of you yet so hello.

What do you know about magic, Az?
"You smell like carnies and grade 9 date night."
Town (W/L): 1/2
Mafia (W/L): 1/0
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:14 pm

Post by jeromus »

@Vaya - See, with such blunt replies you'll seem awfully unfriendly. I'm giving you a lecture on social niceties, not game strategy!

@Farside22 - Any lurking on the part of Vaya should be not considered as scummy, so much as blasphemous - For she is turning her back on Joss Whedon. A crime straight to the name of the fabulous man himself.

@Vaya; Again - But really; please don't lurk. It ruins the game for all involved and makes you not only an unfriendly (See above) player, but an unfriendly player sitting in the corner refusing to talk to anyone.
However, I find farside's aggression to you for this, well, intriguing. I understand that playing with someone who is a renowned lurker, especially in a no-replacements game, would be frustrating, but seeing as so far, Vaya has been as active as anyone else, its a tad odd as an opener.
With fear of getting too heavily launched into a debate based on a game tactic we've pinned as annoying, more than suspicious, but Vaya opened with 2 words, then only posted when someone called her out for lurking. I believe this warrants frustration, if, admittedly, not suspicion.
You're just weird. You have so much non-related fluff, pulled a gambit that... well just baffles me. But behind that I don't think you are scum, just individual. - Cliquey to Jeromus In a player description.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:59 pm

Post by Azhrei »

farside22 wrote:I don't know seven and
I voted based on meta of vaya.

3 players voting for seven is not a bw in my view.
Most people vote either BW or no reason in RVS it's not always noteworthy and sometimes it is.
In this case I looked at the player list and saw vaya and recalled her lurkering ways in another game.
Uhh, Farside. Where's your meta? Vaya lurks as both town and scum - ergo, no tell, no meta. Please explain.
iamausername wrote:

bv310, do you agree?
What? Again, please explain.
Seven wrote:I haven't played with any of you yet so hello.

What do you know about magic, Az?
Hello to you, too, Seven :) And I know little, but enough to know seven be a powerful number.
jeromus wrote:
(quotey)
With fear of getting too heavily launched into a debate based on a game tactic we've pinned as annoying, more than suspicious, but Vaya opened with 2 words, then only posted when someone called her out for lurking. I believe this warrants frustration, if, admittedly, not suspicion.
By this same token, others have done similar things already - I just don't see the reason for singling out Vaya so early on. There is in fact, a player who has not posted...

Unvote, Vote: Fate

Come out, come out, wherever you are.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:28 am

Post by farside22 »

Uhh, Farside. Where's your meta? Vaya lurks as both town and scum - ergo, no tell, no meta. Please explain.
Did you read my post? I asked her rather bluntly if she was going to be lurking or flaking in this game. It has nothing to do with alignment it is to judge her alignment by her reaction to me calling her out. I'm just starting to test a theory lately on those I know to have......lets say less then stellar play and see if their reaction is scum or town related.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:29 am

Post by farside22 »

By this same token, others have done similar things already - I just don't see the reason for singling out Vaya so early on. There is in fact, a player who has not posted...
This strikes me as a bit over protective of a player during a random vote stage that is just me voting her.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:00 am

Post by Starbuck »

Azhrei, you are quick to come to Vaya's defense. A little too quick imho.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:02 am

Post by iamausername »

Azhrei wrote:
iamausername wrote:

bv310, do you agree?
What? Again, please explain.
Actually, yeah, with the shorter deadlines I guess we don't have time for me to faff around trying to illicit reactions before I get around to explaining myself.

pwnman voted Vaya for bandwagoning. Voting someone for bandwagoning in the early stages of D1 is counter-productive at best; you kind of need bandwagons to happen in order to get out of randomness. I mean, I guess one could make the arguments that bandwagons don't do that unless people object to them, but then you start to get into the chicken and egg argument and end up going round in circles.

Anyway, that alone isn't enough for me to seriously consider pwnman as scummy, but to cap it off, he's also engaging in blatant hypocrisy. He's voting
Vaya
for bandwagoning. Vaya, the only person to have really received serious attention so far, for her apparent history of lurking. So he's condemning bandwagoning, while hopping on the only actual substantial bandwagon that exists at the moment.
Seven
Seven
Goon
Seven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:19 am

Post by Seven »

I'm up for a Vaya bandwagon. Let's get him talking.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:31 am

Post by farside22 »

farside22 wrote:
This strikes me as a bit over protective of a player during a random vote stage that is just me voting her.
Actaully i missed pwnman's vote but still over protective.

Mod: Prod Fate
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:32 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

jeromus wrote:Vaya opened with 2 words, then only posted when someone called her out for lurking. I believe this warrants frustration, if, admittedly, not suspicion.
This is harsh wording, if not an attempted misrep. Only 8 hours passed between Vaya's first post and her second post, which hardly constitutes as lurking even in a "short" deadline game (and is far better than the amount of time passed between my first and second posts. <_<; )

I find it confusing that Jeromus would word Vaya's actions to make them seem worse than they are, then defend her actions as frustrating but not suspicious. Maybe I'm trying too hard to find something good and get us further out of the RVS, but I also find his use of the word "admittedly" to be odd. I personally take the usage of such phrases as "admittedly" and "to be honest" as a subconscious tack-on that means, "I don't want to admit this, but I will anyway because I get something out of putting it out there, such as appearing slightly more pro-town or avoiding taking a stance". If you're admitting or being honest about this one thing, what are you omitting?

In other words, I consider it a slight scum-tell, though it's the misrep that bothers me more.

unvote; vote: jeromus

...better than random. Let's see where this goes.

Seven
Seven
Goon
Seven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:40 am

Post by Seven »

Maybe I'm trying too hard to find something good and get us further out of the RVS, but I also find his use of the word "admittedly" to be odd. I personally take the usage of such phrases as "admittedly" and "to be honest" as a subconscious tack-on that means, "I don't want to admit this, but I will anyway because I get something out of putting it out there, such as appearing slightly more pro-town or avoiding taking a stance". If you're admitting or being honest about this one thing, what are you omitting?
As someone who constantly gets slammed for using such disclaimers, I really think this is a null-tell. I do this no matter what my alignment, and have tried hard to stop because so many consider it a tell but really I think it's just a way of talking.
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:44 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

Did I mention "slight"?

What do you think of the rest of my post? Do you think Jeromus' wording was subtle misrep, or "just a way of talking"?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”