Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:19 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Sorry, bored watching anime lol, signing off till tomorrow.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:04 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

ZEE - why didn't you move your vote to either Shotty or fallen angel?
#greenshirtthursdays
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:06 am

Post by fallen angel »

I think he just didn't want us going off topic, not that he thought we were scummy.
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:06 am

Post by fallen angel »

Dammit, I did it again. I answered someone else's question.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:18 am

He said he was trying to decide which one of you was scum. Looks clear to me.
#greenshirtthursdays
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:42 am

Post by fallen angel »

Huh. Must have missed that. I wasn't paying close attention after midnight. Too tired.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:40 am

Post by SocioPath »

Attack: ChannelDelibird

For leading with himself as a pokemon.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:24 am

SocioPath wrote:
Attack: ChannelDelibird

For leading with himself as a pokemon.
If you want something done well, do it yourself. =P
#greenshirtthursdays
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:35 am

Post by ZEEnon »

Cancel Attack. Attack: fallen angel.

Out of the two, he is the more likely scum for not fully reading my statement in post 22.
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:36 am

Post by ZEEnon »

ChannelDelibird wrote:ZEE - why didn't you move your vote to either Shotty or fallen angel?
fallen angel had not responded after my statement in order for me to get a grasp on which reaction was more scummy.
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:47 am

Post by fallen angel »

Okay, I'll respond.
ZEEnon wrote:
No, i'm here. I'm trying to decide which one of you is scum.
One of you is clearly leading us off topic with an ulterior motive, but i'm not sure which one.
I highly doubt that both of you are scum, as I would think you wouldn't draw so much attention to each other this way.
So assuming one of you flips scum later on, I think that the other won't be.
This seems like an attempt at moving out of the RVS. That's good. It is far too early, however, to make assumptions as you have been doing. That's bad. Really bad. I think that you are taking far too much for granted and have too little information to make statements like this without prior knowledge, so IGMEOY, Zee.
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:50 am

Post by fallen angel »

ZEEnon wrote:
Cancel Attack. Attack: fallen angel.

Out of the two, he is the more likely scum for not fully reading my statement in post 22.
Yes, because at 1 am I really feel like paying attention to the game. It doesn't make me scum to say, "I'll read it when I'm more then half-awake." It's more pro-town 'cuz I know what I'm talking about.
Tzeentch
Tzeentch
Goon
Tzeentch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:39 am

Post by Tzeentch »

Cancel attack, attack Zeenon
for a (clumsy) attempt to set up a false dichotomy so early, and for voting Fallen Angel for spurious reasons.
Some people might remember me as Aelyn...

[b]No longer V/LA![/b]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11966]SSBB Mafia[/url]
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:39 am

Post by fallen angel »

Not spurious as much as hasty.
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:47 am

Post by ZEEnon »

fallen angel wrote:This seems like an attempt at moving out of the RVS. That's good. It is far too early, however, to make assumptions as you have been doing. That's bad. Really bad. I think that you are taking far too much for granted and have too little information to make statements like this without prior knowledge, so IGMEOY, Zee.
If you seen two people talking about something completely unrelated to your win condition, when the sole purpose of this game is to achieve your win condition, would you not steer them in the right direction? Would you not even begin to suspect one or both of them for leading you off from your win condition? What if you did nothing to bring the topic back to your win condition? Then potentially another player would involve themselves in the two initial player's off topic conversation. That would eventually result in a majority of the players speaking of things that are completely unrelated to what I am trying to accomplish, therefore what I did is completely justified. The fact that you voice suspicions of my right after I did any normal town player should do is completely out of left-field. I'm going to expect an explanation.
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:48 am

Post by ZEEnon »

Tzeentch wrote:
for a (clumsy) attempt to set up a false dichotomy so early, and for voting Fallen Angel for spurious reasons.
Please justify your vote. What makes me more scummy than every other player in the game in your opinion?
Perhaps you are scum and feel that I am a threat that must be eliminated right now?
Tzeentch
Tzeentch
Goon
Tzeentch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:55 am

Post by Tzeentch »

ZEEnon wrote:
fallen angel wrote:This seems like an attempt at moving out of the RVS. That's good. It is far too early, however, to make assumptions as you have been doing. That's bad. Really bad. I think that you are taking far too much for granted and have too little information to make statements like this without prior knowledge, so IGMEOY, Zee.
If you seen two people talking about something completely unrelated to your win condition, when the sole purpose of this game is to achieve your win condition, would you not steer them in the right direction? Would you not even begin to suspect one or both of them for leading you off from your win condition? What if you did nothing to bring the topic back to your win condition? Then potentially another player would involve themselves in the two initial player's off topic conversation. That would eventually result in a majority of the players speaking of things that are completely unrelated to what I am trying to accomplish, therefore what I did is completely justified. The fact that you voice suspicions of my right after I did any normal town player should do is completely out of left-field. I'm going to expect an explanation.
Conversation is useful, you know, even if just to prevent the game stagnating due to no-one having anything to say.

If nothing else, that little exchange reminded everyone that the game mechanics here are NOT the same as in a normal game. Certainly a couple of chatty posts on the first page does not mean that one of the two is scum and the other's town!

Also, long paragraphs in bold which are not the usual colour and have awkward parsing are tough to read. I'd personally appreciate it if you used line breaks a little more.

One more thing: The sole purpose of the game is not to achieve the win condition. That is the
aim
of the game, but the
purpose
is to have fun. So shooting down conversation, to me, defeats the purpose of the game.

[b]No longer V/LA![/b]
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:01 am

Post by fallen angel »

Zeenon, you really need to stop jumping to conclusions on page two. Confirmation bias can screw over the town. Anyway,
ZEEnon wrote:
If you seen two people talking about something completely unrelated to your win condition, when the sole purpose of this game is to achieve your win condition, would you not steer them in the right direction?
Eventually, but
Slicey wrote:
Rules

2. This is a game. The goal is to have fun.
I'm not going to stop people from enjoying the game just to win.
.Would you not even begin to suspect one or both of them for leading you off from your win condition?
Not really, no.
. What if you did nothing to bring the topic back to your win condition?
I would if I felt they were getting out of hand.
Then potentially another player would involve themselves in the two initial player's off topic conversation.
People would eventually go back to the game, I think you're being a bit too hasty. So what if people are a little off topic? Happens all the time. Doesn't mean an automatic loss for anybody.
That would eventually result in a majority of the players speaking of things that are completely unrelated to what I am trying to accomplish, therefore what I did is completely justified.
Few things. What
YOU
are trying to accomplish? Not
WE
? Also, I thought you said only two or three people were talking about said off topic thing :P. Third, what are you trying to accomplish? It's page 2.
The fact that you voice suspicions of my right after I did any normal town player should do is completely out of left-field.
No offense, but I've never seen a normal townie player do this.
I'm going to expect an explanation.
There you have it.[/color.][/b]
[/quote]
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:02 am

Post by fallen angel »

Gah, got messed up. My answers in red. Anyway,
Attack Zeenon
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:18 am

Post by Riceballtail »

ATTACK: Pim
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:30 am

Post by ZEEnon »

Tzeentch wrote:Certainly a couple of chatty posts on the first page does not mean that one of the two is scum and the other's town!
I'm not saying it with 100% certainty. It is an assumption.

Tzeentch wrote:Also, long paragraphs in bold which are not the usual colour and have awkward parsing are tough to read. I'd personally appreciate it if you used line breaks a little more.
I apologize for writing a correct paragraph. As for the color, that's something you will have to deal with.

Tzeentch wrote:One more thing: The sole purpose of the game is not to achieve the win condition. That is the aim of the game, but the purpose is to have fun. So shooting down conversation, to me, defeats the purpose of the game.
I realize that, but you can have fun by going on GD or MD forums and do the exact same. There is no reason you have to go off topic in this game. I realize that going off topic isn't necessarily BAD, but if nobody is focused THEN it becomes a problem. I nipped the problem at the bud before it bloomed. Playing the game is fun. Having private off topic conversations is irritating to people who WANT to have fun. If I wanted to talk about Pokemon theme songs I would have went to www.pokecommunity.com.
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:35 am

Post by ZEEnon »

fallen angel, your responses have satisfied me. However, there is one problem.
You voted me without any explanation or reasons given. I expect those to be laid out very neatly in a nice case.

Cancel Attack. Attack: Riceballtail.
Why, you ask?
Riceballtail has completely ignored the events that have happened on pages 1-2, not commented on them at all,
and continued to random vote. Generally, scum do this so as not to involve themselves in a conflict between town vs. town.
Tzeentch
Tzeentch
Goon
Tzeentch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:22 am

Post by Tzeentch »

ZEEnon wrote:I apologize for writing a correct paragraph. As for the color, that's something you will have to deal with.
Nice attitude. I was hoping a polite request might not get a biting comment back, but I guess that's not the way you roll.
ZEEnon wrote:
Tzeentch wrote:
Please justify your vote. What makes me more scummy than every other player in the game in your opinion?
Perhaps you are scum and feel that I am a threat that must be eliminated right now?
Um, re-read my post. I did justify my attack, right where I said:
Tzeentch wrote:for a (clumsy) attempt to set up a false dichotomy so early, and for voting Fallen Angel for spurious reasons.
ZEEnon wrote:Riceballtail has completely ignored the events that have happened on pages 1-2, not commented on them at all,
and continued to random vote.
He might consider this situation to be a false lead. He might want to ensure we don't forget people who are not active in this discussion. Who are you to tell us his attack was random?
ZEEnon wrote: I realize that, but you can have fun by going on GD or MD forums and do the exact same. There is no reason you have to go off topic in this game. I realize that going off topic isn't necessarily BAD, but if nobody is focused THEN it becomes a problem. I nipped the problem at the bud before it bloomed. Playing the game is fun. Having private off topic conversations is irritating to people who WANT to have fun. If I wanted to talk about Pokemon theme songs I would have went to www.pokecommunity.com.
It was three posts, on the first page, between two people who had no reason to believe you were reading. Is it really that big a deal - did you really think we were going to get into a three-page discussion of the pokemon theme tune or something?

As you say, going off topic is not necessarily bad. Had it continued for two pages, it would have been justified to say "Um, I think we're going off topic here, guys." Saying after three posts that you are trying to decide which is scum, and that one of them is leading us away from the matter at hand (with an implied belief that it was for nefarious purposes) is hasty at best, and potentially indicative of a nervousness - which in turn could be due to you having something to hide.

[b]No longer V/LA![/b]
Tzeentch
Tzeentch
Goon
Tzeentch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:24 am

Post by Tzeentch »

By the way, given that we attack people instead of voting and also that posting an argument against someone is often called an "attack", I propose we use a variant term or something to make it clear which we are referring to.

Should we simply refer to Attacking, the mechanic, as voting, even though it's not technically correct? It may be easier in the long run, and I suspect clarity is more important than technical precision.

[b]No longer V/LA![/b]
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:52 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

I think we should simply make it clear what our opinions are, attacking isn't necessarily the clearest sign of suspicion since some moves are self-targeting or effect the environment (such as raindance etc). I definitely think attacking is a vote for all intents and purposes, but they need to be properly explained if you do something that doesn't line up with your (perceived) position.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”