The Fall of Gondolin Mafia: Game Over (The Tale of Gondolin)

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2450 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:15 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Jailkeeper Desperado Jailkeeps Albert B. Rampage
Returns: [Voyeur shos returns result Albert B. Rampage was targeted by a protective, roleblocking action]

Ahh Desperado, you got trolled so hard this game :D
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2451 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:20 pm

Great job, shos!
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2452 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:47 pm

Desperado8907

this game is hilarious

Why don't I just jailkeep ABR and we can kill someone who's actually a threat to us?

Tierce

Jailkeeping ABR is the best option.

Jsav

I'm going to rolecop ABR in case of tracker or the like, and to see if he really is telling the truth....

Shadoweh

...No
No he's probably telling the truth you're copping someone else and just claiming you 'protected' ABR. If a tracker outs themselves on you we just sacrifice you to kill another PR.

----snip----

Tierce

shos, when you see this, remind me to tell you why that gambit was really bad.

Lol ITT Tierce criticizes everyone and anyone who acts in a way that she doesn't expect.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2453 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:55 pm

I like the next part where Tierce tells Desperado "maybe we should JK ABR again in case he lied about about being an even night cop and can cop every night".

Tierce and Desperado are like Pinky and the Brain, plotting plausible ways of taking over the town and failing miserably and hilariously hahaha
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2454 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:56 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2447, SpyreX wrote:Did I miss dead QT?
Would like to see this too, please.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #2455 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:45 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

ABR, you realize that if scum hadn't roleblocked you, your gambit would've resulted in shos being outed and you getting lynched D3, already having caused D2 to go to a no-lynch? I don't think you're in any position to come in here and gloat.

I'm glad I at least got Desperado right because of my play apart from that wasn't all that sparkling.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2456 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:14 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2451, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Great job, shos!
+1 this, because voyeur is a pretty weak role, and getting useful results is only useful in limited circumstances (like when a VT claims PR but scum doesn't want to kill them outright in case they are fakeclaiming).
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2457 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:14 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@Tierce- There is going to be town noise in any game, so that is technically a constant. With that as a constant, town performed exceptionally well.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #2458 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:00 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 2457, PeregrineV wrote:@Tierce- There is going to be town noise in any game, so that is technically a constant. With that as a constant, town performed exceptionally well.
No.

It's understandable that you think the Town performed well. You, individually, caught two scum, and, again, Town deserved the win, not just due to scum performance, but by power role play catching three scum and the fourth failing to participate in the game. But Town "noise" is not and should not be a constant, and should not be something that lines up with "exceptionally good" performance. I'm not talking about Night action choices, I'm talking about things you can openly point as bad Town Dayplay when you were inquiring how you could do better. There were plenty of moments in this game where, if you stopped a Town player in their tracks and asked them why they were doing what they did, they'd say something along the lines of "I don't know, I thought I'd wing it". ABR even mentioned that he was self-sabotaging by fakeclaiming because of someone's play. What the hell?

Doesn't matter if you agree or not, there are things that this game did not need to see. You asked me, I answered. There was plenty of "noise" beyond this, but you will notice that I did not mention it, because those are normal things in a Mafia game. This specific set? Was not.

ABR--gloat as you will? Your fakeclaim did not help the Town, shos's play did. I was trying to spot where more Town power would be, and was wrong on the where, but not on the fact that it existed. Since JacobSavage did not leave a readable crumb on PeregrineV's result, we couldn't guess that there were two Trackers and were playing with the tools we had. When you say that I'm criticizing everyone, you're missing two important facts: I was asked to explain my comment that the Town could have done better, and I have made a point of saying the Town win was deserved
anyway
. If you're choosing to ignore that and just gloat instead of learning from this game, that's on you.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2459 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:09 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2458, Tierce wrote:
In post 2457, PeregrineV wrote:@Tierce- There is going to be town noise in any game, so that is technically a constant. With that as a constant, town performed exceptionally well.
No.

It's understandable that you think the Town performed well. You, individually, caught two scum, and, again, Town deserved the win, not just due to scum performance, but by power role play catching three scum and the four failing to participate in the game. But Town "noise" is not and should not be a constant, and should not be something that lines up with "exceptionally good" performance. I'm not talking about Night action choices, I'm talking about things you can openly point as bad Town Dayplay when you were inquiring how you could do better. There were plenty of moments in this game where, if you stopped a Town player in their tracks and asked them why they were doing what they did, they'd say something along the lines of "I don't know, I thought I'd wing it". ABR even mentioned that he was self-sabotaging by fakeclaiming because of someone's play. What the hell?

Doesn't matter if you agree or not, there are things that this game did not need to see. You asked me, I answered. There was plenty of "noise" beyond this, but you will notice that I did not mention it, because those are normal things in a Mafia game. This specific set? Was not.

ABR--gloat as you will? Your fakeclaim did not help the Town, shos's play did. I was trying to spot where more Town power would be, and was wrong on the where, but not on the fact that it existed. Since JacobSavage did not leave a readable crumb on PeregrineV's result, we couldn't guess that there were two Trackers and were playing with the tools we had. When you say that I'm criticizing everyone, you're missing two important facts: I was asked to explain my comment that the Town could have done better, and I have made a point of saying the Town win was deserved
anyway
. If you're choosing to ignore that and just gloat instead of learning from this game, that's on you.
If you compare noise to a town full of lurkers, then I prefer the noise. It makes playing more fun and makes it easier to get reads.
Take Sirdani for example. Why do you think he wasn;t lynched? And you guys had to NK him instead.

Same with ABR. If he hadn't fakeclaimed (poor play) then shos would not have voyeaured him and did his gambit (poor play) which confirmed ABR as town AND gave us a scumrole at the same time, and required you guys to kill him AND roleblock him which meant you weren't killing actual PRs.
So yes, in theory, poor play. But, that poor play is the springboard for good future decisions, and the fact we made the best of the poor play (by both town and scum) to win is important.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2460 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:22 am

Post by ActionDan »

The weak doctor crumbing by nat was fine
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #2461 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:24 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In post 2459, PeregrineV wrote:Take Sirdani for example. Why do you think he wasn;t lynched? And you guys had to NK him instead.
That was just a bad nightkill, really. Sirdan came pretty close to getting lynched.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2462 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:12 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2461, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
In post 2459, PeregrineV wrote:Take Sirdani for example. Why do you think he wasn;t lynched? And you guys had to NK him instead.
That was just a bad nightkill, really. Sirdan came pretty close to getting lynched.
I dunno.

sirdanilot - 8 - Desperado, Espeonage, MafiaSSK, Elscouta, shos, Shadoweh, Tierce, ActionDan

Led by Desp (no read), Esp (that claim...), Elscout (scummy), shos (c'mon! you know better!), Shadow (scummy), Tierce (deadline lynch), AD (deadline lynch)

Once Shadow was gone and Sirdani kept pushing the Tierce lynch, there were plenty more scummy people than him. I'd never have lynched him.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2463 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:14 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2460, ActionDan wrote:The weak doctor crumbing by nat was fine
Yes, but I would have preferred him to actually protect his strongest townread instead of suiciding. But I think that with the Shieldrender role that scum could kill past him, so it's probably better in this game that he did.

And I still consider Shadow a bus, because Tierce brought it up and pushed it first/the hardest.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #2464 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:22 am

Post by Shadoweh »

I have no idea how the words 'sirdanilot could be scum' were ever uttered after that in seriousness, but I think it's a testament to how badly people wanted to lynch him.
Tierce had no intention of bussing me until she had to. It was a bus as much as voting your partner after a cop claims guilty on them is.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2465 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:32 am

Post by Svenskt Stål »

damn, shots fired
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2466 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:34 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2464, Shadoweh wrote:I have no idea how the words 'sirdanilot could be scum' were ever uttered after that in seriousness, but I think it's a testament to how badly people wanted to lynch him.
Tierce had no intention of bussing me until she had to. It was a bus as much as voting your partner after a cop claims guilty on them is.
shos mentioned it. Then Tierce starts on ABR, you start on Jacob. Another day in the office.
Seems someone else could have brought it up first, is all I'm saying. I focused on the doc portion more than the "weak" modifier.

In post 1460, shos wrote:Time to see who majiffy crumbed and cross fingers that he crumbed
In post 1461, Tierce wrote:
WOOOOOOOOSH

VOTE: Albert B. Rampage

Weak Doctor + Cop/Vig + Half Cop. Yeah right.

Question. Was Majiffy killed, or did he suicide? First post suggests the latter.
In post 1462, Shadoweh wrote:The death flavors are different, so it implies different things killed them.

##Vote: JacobSavage

If we're going to point out the role that doesn't make sense, a Bodyguard and a Weak Doctor don't make sense in the same game. Also the kill is weird enough to suggest they're just trying to make him look like he should still be alive.
In post 1463, Tierce wrote:Well I have no idea what Natirasha did N1.

But!

UNVOTE: Albert B. Rampage
VOTE: Shadoweh

Fire priestesses never bothered me anyway.
In post 1477, shos wrote:Tierce is scum.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2467 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:54 am

Post by Svenskt Stål »

In post 2445, Tierce wrote:Something I want to bring up:

If you are Town and a PR, please please PLEASE learn to crumb your actual results.
Refusing to hammer a Townread as a Weak Doctor when you have a Town result on someone else who you read as "null"... after your predecessor had the equally brilliant idea of crumbing a result on someone else entirely... That could have ended very, very badly for Town if one of those "reads" was on one of us.

When you are an investigative PR, you need to be careful. Not just with how you crumb your results, but with how you word your NOT results. People will rightfully hunt for crumbs, and Natirasha's wording on CES and Majiffy's on sirdanilot (while calling SSK null!) were incredibly dangerous for the Town when Natirasha's actual N1 result was on
MafiaSSK
of all people.

Agree on bolded, make a mafia discussion thread about it, hold people accountable.

And its not just the crumbing, its the fundamental concept about what you should do, like people thinking that the cop is supposed to find scum, its just retarded.

start a thread please
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #2468 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:07 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 2466, PeregrineV wrote:Seems someone else could have brought it up first, is all I'm saying.
Yes, I could have waited for someone else to bring it up. But there was no point to it; the lynch would happen either way sooner or later, and the fact that there were two NKs made it evident that he had died on scum. If you really have to bus because there's no alternative for the Day, go ahead and make it happen. I made a few strategic mistakes in this game, that was not one of them; I wouldn't have voted Shadoweh otherwise.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2469 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:18 am

lol anyone who suspected Tierce was NK'd and Tierce dares to say that "the only reason I got lynched was because I was tracked!"

Guess why you were tracked.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2470 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:22 am

Post by ActionDan »

I was going to lynch between and Spyrex the day Peregrine claimed the track on Tierce
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #2471 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:22 am

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 2466, PeregrineV wrote: shos mentioned it. Then Tierce starts on ABR, you start on Jacob. Another day in the office.
Seems someone else could have brought it up first, is all I'm saying. I focused on the doc portion more than the "weak" modifier.
I know I said town dayplay was comically atrocious, but I have faith that SOMEONE would have noticed his weak crumb, combined with his kill flavor not matching the scum nightkill, and the vigilante already being dead. I'm glad you can't tell I was panicing when I made that post because I'd already seen how dead I was :>

Peregrine thought Tierce was scum since like Day 2, I don't think it was because of nightkills. I wish we'd killed him early like I wanted to. <_<
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2472 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:44 am

Post by Natirasha »

I really don't see how anyone would have failed to figure out I wouldn't have checked SSK n1. My CES posts were strictly for deadline, and really, if there is doubt, people should defer to my meta: in the absence of information, which single player would i most likely want to confirm as town? The answer pretty much always SSK.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2473 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:14 am

Post by shos »

Nati, this was not awfully hard to figure out imo, but you could definitely have crumbed it better >_>; majiffy's crumb was amazing, and considering the setup, he did perfectly. even without considering it - I think that a weak doc should treat himself as a cop and no less. the real question is whther to target lynchable townreads or scumreads..
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2474 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:07 pm

Post by Elscouta »

Natirasha crumb was fine. It was seen without trouble. However, Majiffy listing MafiaSSK as null was horrible, as it convinced people that the crumb was wrong or that Natirasha flaked during the night.
I'm town. Please lynch someone else.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”