Micro 407: Jurassic Park Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2400 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:21 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 1785, Pine wrote:
The flavor of the Tracker power goes along with T-Rex being a scavenger. Rexes had great olfactory (smell) and hearing capabilities, much like vultures and other modern scavengers, so they could feed on dead meat from a large territory

In post 1840, Pine wrote:
I don't buy, even for a second, that there's both a Town Tracker and a Town Watcher.
BBT + Ffery. Game won

In post 1843, Pine wrote:Not really sure how, tbh.
From my perspective, I have proof (or close enough) that it's ffery + BBT

Why would ffery out her power in the Neighborhood with no results? Possibly a preemptive thing? Dunno.
Honestly, ffery hasn't done too much that I'd usually call scummy.
I mean, she good posted her way out of a hole D1, then coasted through D2, but that's about it.
I only really came to a ffery suspicion by pure PoE until that claim. I'm thinking she wishes she hadn't nailed herself down to one single claim about now

I don't see how it's relevant, to be blunt. Ffery and I will both be alive D4. We're going to lynch caught!scum BBT, then she's going to have to decide who to kill. She won't choose me, because my Tracker flip would blow her only cover. So she chooses one of Scripten and Math to bring to endgame. At that point, it's a question of which is telling the truth

In post 1846, Pine wrote:
No, I just don't find two similar investigators plausible.
I'm getting an itch to vote you, but I've got to stay with the 100% scum over the 99.9% scum

In post 1930, Pine wrote:I don't see a BP claim from Scripten?

In a 9-player game, two weak investigators is just too much Town power
, though I suppose a full Ninja could mitigate it by making scum effectively immune until Ninja is eliminated. Hmm. A question for D4, after BBT flips. I'm willing to lower suspicion of ffery from 99.9% to 90%, given that remote possibility

That said, if you're so certain, your vote should be down. Anything else looks like hypocrisy and hedging

In post 1937, Pine wrote:
Fuck you, Scripten. I'm not playing in an anti-Town manner,
I have a guilty verdict and scum counter claiming me. Nor am I not paying attention. Notice how this is the second time today you've shot activity requests at me, and both times I've responded within half an hour

I'm not the one stalling here. I have the closest thing to proof about the scumteam as you can get, and you jackasses are stalling and theorizing about irrelevant bullshit

:lol:
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2401 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:22 pm

Post by fferyllt »

OK, so I watched Mathdino. And I got a report of no result from AA9.

Which made my eyebrows rise so far they crawled right up into my hairline.

Upon my query, she said it was an error and that Scripten had visited Mathdino.

Which is what I expected since Mathdino was added to the neighborhood.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2402 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:23 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 1784, Pine wrote:"Past few nights?" There's only been two. The first one I also tracked BBT, he went nowhere

:lol: :lol: :lol:
i forgot this post
this would've proven pine as scum if he went with the "i'm totally a tracker guys"
nice going pine
well done
a+ work
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2403 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:23 pm

Post by Mathdino »

just lynch pine ffery
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2404 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:15 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 2395, fferyllt wrote:Have you ever faked a guilty as town before?

Maybe? I know I've fakeclaimer stuff as Town, but I'm usually too concerned with running afoul of Town vs Town counterclaims to do it. My scumgame's way better than my Towngame, so I'm rarely as confident of a read as I was this game. It's not something I usually do, but it's not something I have any hesitancy to do in the right circumstance
In post 2397, Mathdino wrote:Wait a sec

you're telling me

you rolled VT-Rex

with a flavour full of how it's a scavenger

and MADE UP a tracker claim about it.

all by yourself.

Actually? Yes. I really have met Jack Horner twice. I improvise well
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2405 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:17 pm

Post by Pine »

Aww hell, there's just no way I'm going to convince you, is there? Gambit was a mistake

GG Scripten

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2406 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:33 pm

Post by Scripten »

GG Pine. You fought hard but you probably should have NK'd me before I turned my hood into a mason hood. :P

Now vote yourself so we can bloody win already pls.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2407 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:56 pm

Post by Pine »

See, that's clever. You've consistently promoted the notion that Neighborizer is an informal sort of Masonizer. It isn't; it's a way to select who you want to make feel important, then manipulate them. "Oh, you want to talk to me more? Sure I'll listen"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2408 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:24 pm

Post by Mathdino »

fferyllt, since this is plurality lynch, you understand that unless you convince me/Scripten, we WILL be lynching Pine no matter what. My vote stands. Scripten's vote is obviously never gonna change. Even if you and Pine both vote Scripten, Pine got to L-1 first.

He's dead. Just hammer him.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2409 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:26 pm

Post by Scripten »

Actually, I've been acutely aware that my role is not a Masonizer. Why do you think I fakeclaimed bulletproof in the hood? Anyway, Math and Fferyllt are conftown to everyone. I'm conftown to myself. Pretty useful for me, tbh.

See, what's interesting is that last night, we turned this game on its head by making the one nearly universal element of mafia (scum are the informed minority) invert. Now the scum are the uninformed minority. We already figured out that you're scum, Pine. We reduced the game into each option you had and figured out how to check you. Your desperate "I'm fakeclaiming town!" act is really just icing on the cake.

And yes, I'm basically treating this game as over. It's pretty obvious where the game state is at.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2410 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:30 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 2402, Mathdino wrote:
In post 1784, Pine wrote:"Past few nights?" There's only been two. The first one I also tracked BBT, he went nowhere

:lol: :lol: :lol:
i forgot this post
this would've proven pine as scum if he went with the "i'm totally a tracker guys"
nice going pine
well done
a+ work

i feel really bad for not noticing this the first time around
scripten/bbt was literally impossible with pine being a tracker
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2411 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:27 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 2393, Pine wrote:I'll go back through the days and look for evidence, but he's picked his battles really carefully

I don't plan to drag my heels the way I did on day 2 (which to me was some very necessary heel-dragging, but I've become something of an Ent in my time playing at MS).

I want to read Pine's Scripten case.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2412 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:27 am

Post by fferyllt »

Day 3, not Day 2.

Idic
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2413 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:09 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 2411, fferyllt wrote:
I want to read Pine's Scripten case.

Wait, is this something that exists or are we going to have to wait for Pine to fabricate something?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2414 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:10 am

Post by fferyllt »

Did you not read the post-snip that I quoted?

Idic
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2415 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:26 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 2414, fferyllt wrote:Did you not read the post-snip that I quoted?

Apparently not. >.> I'm going to go make some tea and return when my brain is back online.

I suppose I can make a case on Pine, too, since we have the time.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2416 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:11 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Piiiiiiiine

Idic
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2417 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:50 pm

Post by Mathdino »

plez hammer

i want to put this in my wiki

plez
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2418 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:03 am

Post by fferyllt »

I really want to just end this too.

I was very suspicious of Scripten at the end of day 3 and in the neighborhood. I almost didn't post my action in there because I didn't want Scripten to know what I'd do.

Pine's fake claim completely blows up the set-up, though. The setup just isn't balanced if Pine is town. And that's completely separate from all the counterclaim crap and that even knowing he was fake-claiming he was still saying I was scum with BBT.

The whole thing, though, was just so fucking anti-scum. From killing beck to claiming a guilty on his partner. And if he's scum then retracting the gambit is also terrible. He'd have had better luck pushing onward with that and claiming the odd PR out had to be Scripten.

Idic
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2419 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:04 am

Post by Pine »

I'll get there, relax. There's no deadline.

Mathdino, you need to chill. I have no intention to self-hammer, because even though you're being an intractable ass, I still have hopes that we can win this

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2420 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:38 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 2418, fferyllt wrote:
I was very suspicious of Scripten at the end of day 3 and in the neighborhood. I almost didn't post my action in there because I didn't want Scripten to know what I'd do.

I kind of wish you hadn't, honestly.

Can you describe those actions of mine that were suspicious?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2421 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:44 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 2420, Scripten wrote:
In post 2418, fferyllt wrote:

I kind of wish you hadn't, honestly.

Can you describe those actions of mine that were suspicious?

It was a tone thing. I felt like you were putting minimal content into the game on day 3, just enough to coast along. And I remembered that I didn't like your late day 1 reaction tests.

But, like I said. The game balance makes no sense to me if town has only one PR.

This game has had entirely too much gambiting and reaction testing for my taste, btw. When the cards are flipped and I know for sure who was gambiting as town, I may have some choice words. Gambiting is an art and in skilled hands quite useful. It's an art that I don't fool myself that I'm particularly good at. The gambiting in this game for the most part has been high risk and mediocre reward at best.

The gambit interactions in this game have made things a lot harder for me to sort.

Idic
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2422 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:10 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 2421, fferyllt wrote:
It was a tone thing. I felt like you were putting minimal content into the game on day 3, just enough to coast along. And I remembered that I didn't like your late day 1 reaction tests.

I don't really like to post just for the sake of posting. If I can contribute, I will, but a high noise ratio isn't really a part of my play as either alignment. (You can independently verify this, though meta is a slippery slope and I hardly expect you to find it that useful in this case.)

Though, to move onto that topic a bit more, my reaction tests are generally a town tactic. I don't think I've ever even brought up the concept in my scum games so far. (Either to fake scumhunting or to excuse a scumslip of some sort.) Again, though, self-meta, so you can take it or leave it.

Unfortunately, there's not a whole hell of a lot I can do to alleviate suspicions based on tone.

But, like I said. The game balance makes no sense to me if town has only one PR.

This right here. Two town PRs was about all I could fathom.

Also, pretty sure the whole scum Ninja idea is bunk. I mean, it would have been super easy for Pine to have killed either you or Mathdino last night and gotten away with it if he were a Ninja.

And furthermore, doesn't it make you a
tad
suspicious that Pine's fakeclaim was a Tracker, when you're a Watcher? Especially seeing as how he claimed before knowing what was said in the hood?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2423 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:14 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 2422, Scripten wrote:

I don't really like to post just for the sake of posting. If I can contribute, I will, but a high noise ratio isn't really a part of my play as either alignment. (You can independently verify this, though meta is a slippery slope and I hardly expect you to find it that useful in this case.)

Though, to move onto that topic a bit more, my reaction tests are generally a town tactic. I don't think I've ever even brought up the concept in my scum games so far. (Either to fake scumhunting or to excuse a scumslip of some sort.) Again, though, self-meta, so you can take it or leave it.

Unfortunately, there's not a whole hell of a lot I can do to alleviate suspicions based on tone.

This right here. Two town PRs was about all I could fathom.

Also, pretty sure the whole scum Ninja idea is bunk. I mean, it would have been super easy for Pine to have killed either you or Mathdino last night and gotten away with it if he were a Ninja.

And furthermore, doesn't it make you a
tad
suspicious that Pine's fakeclaim was a Tracker, when you're a Watcher? Especially seeing as how he claimed before knowing what was said in the hood?

Ninja or something like that made sense with two town investigative roles in a 9 player game. It doesn't make sense with one investigative because the likelihood of town getting anything useful out of the role would plummet from so-so to remote.

It does make me suspicious. I'm just curious why I would have been targeted. I think I dropped one pr tell on day 2. Not a crumb. A tell. And IME MS players as a general rule aren't that good at spotting PR tells. Probably because crumbing is so common.

Idic
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2424 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:28 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 2423, fferyllt wrote:
Ninja or something like that made sense with two town investigative roles in a 9 player game. It doesn't make sense with one investigative because the likelihood of town getting anything useful out of the role would plummet from so-so to remote.

Precisely. I suppose I could start coming up with hypotheticals based around what a scum me would be doing, but I don't think that's useful. What do you think would be the scum motivation for my use of my power? Especially in light of your role being revealed to me for two nights?

I just am having trouble understanding how a scum!Scripten would make sense when you're the obvious choice for a night kill, especially since you outed your actions in the hood. Math has had me as town for a while, and we all knew you were the other PR. In LyLo, all I'd have to do would be to convince Mathdino to vote Pine. It seems way too easy to pass up.

In post 2423, fferyllt wrote:
It does make me suspicious. I'm just curious why I would have been targeted. I think I dropped one pr tell on day 2. Not a crumb. A tell. And IME MS players as a general rule aren't that good at spotting PR tells. Probably because crumbing is so common.

Targeted as a neighbor? I convened with Beck the night before and we both agreed that you were a strong player who would be useful in the hood.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”