Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2400 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 6:27 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 2393, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:leave aj to get himself lynched at this point. it will be an easy one for tomorrow
Mollie, if you think as scum, I'd leave myself in position to reveal them, you're wrong. I'd self hammer myself out well before then. I'd force myself to be lynched, anything to avoid getting my team screwed.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2401 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 6:27 am

Post by ² »

In post 2391, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:
In post 2385, ² wrote:
In post 2377, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:don't just take my word for it cos there is a chance that I could be wrong, I just don't think I am.
I think this is the first time all game you have even entertained the possibility of you being wrong. Glad to see that you're at least making progress.

- b
why are you trying to make me angry buldey?

cos there was no purpose to this post.
I'm fucking annoyed with you. It feels like you have some sort of personal vendetta against me.

- b
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2402 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 6:28 am

Post by BeautyAndTheBeast »

In post 2389, ² wrote:It's
exactly
what's going on.
How the fuck am I using "what you can't talk about" to discredit you?
I'm telling you and others that you are wrong and that we can't show you where you're wrong because you can't even tell us what it is you think you're right about. I don't see any fucking way you're scum this game, but I swear that if you are and you made up this meta read to get us mislynched then I will never play with you again.

- b
But that's all besides the point in this game. Mollie is making a mistake with her meta-read as evident by us being town, but we can't actually point out that mistake. In effect, she is abusing (perhaps not deliberately) the fact that she is prohibited from bringing into this game the details about the content of the ongoing game that she is already referring to (that is, she could do this exact thing as scum as well and pretend to have a meta read from an ongoing game, knowing that she couldn't be questioned on it because that would be against the rules, and there is no way to refute this hypothesis).
The most likely scenario is that she found something that easily could be refuted, but since she can't talk about it she wont realize that and she also can't just pretend it's not there and ignore it
. This all boils down to the rules being retarded as fuck.
that looks like a discredit to me

and oh yes. plz go and find a completed game where
I
got you lynched when you were town. plz put up or stfu.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2403 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 6:29 am

Post by ² »

In post 2394, Aj The Epic wrote:2, it's psychology. When you convince yourself of something, there is no reasonable way to change that opinion by someone else. Which is why I've stopped fighting it. If it's inevitable, I'll get lynched and simply move on to the other games I'm in.
It's called confirmation bias and there are reasonable ways to remain fairly unbiased. I think mollie is an excellent player in many respects, but I think she's particularly terrible at adjusting her reads once she settles on something and it is annoying me more than anything else I can think of.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2404 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 6:31 am

Post by ² »

In post 2396, Varsoon wrote:
In post 2392, ² wrote:I'm not particularly liking an AJ lynch just because I feel like AJ would have to be exceptionally skilled to play this way as scum - I still don't get why we're letting the "low hanging fruit" that is TMT live.

- b
Build a case against TMT, then.
I consider cases to be a retarded concept (speaking of confirmation bias), but I can find the posts in which f and I explained why we think he looks bad.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2405 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 6:36 am

Post by ² »

In post 2402, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:
exactly
what's going on.
I'm telling you and others that you are wrong and that we can't show you where you're wrong because you can't even tell us what it is you think you're right about. I don't see any fucking way you're scum this game, but I swear that if you are and you made up this meta read to get us mislynched then I will never play with you again.

- b
But that's all besides the point in this game. Mollie is making a mistake with her meta-read as evident by us being town, but we can't actually point out that mistake. In effect, she is abusing (perhaps not deliberately) the fact that she is prohibited from bringing into this game the details about the content of the ongoing game that she is already referring to (that is, she could do this exact thing as scum as well and pretend to have a meta read from an ongoing game, knowing that she couldn't be questioned on it because that would be against the rules, and there is no way to refute this hypothesis).
The most likely scenario is that she found something that easily could be refuted, but since she can't talk about it she wont realize that and she also can't just pretend it's not there and ignore it

I
To me it looks like the most likely scenario. I'll find examples now.

- b
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2406 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 6:41 am

Post by Cabd »

I'm starting to suspect we might have a lyncher/lynchee... but I'm not sure if that's the sort of thing that would be in a game like this. Would explain a lot though.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #2407 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 6:49 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 2, borkjerfkin wrote:This game does NOT contain any of the following: Cult, Lyncher, Unlyncher, Jester, Survivor, Wincon changes
We don't have a lyncher
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2408 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 6:50 am

Post by Cabd »

Oh, my bad. That's better to know then. In that case BB's aggressiveness in tunneling just kinda makes it over the top.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2409 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 6:53 am

Post by Sajin »

In post 2406, Cabd wrote:I'm starting to suspect we might have a lyncher/lynchee... but I'm not sure if that's the sort of thing that would be in a game like this. Would explain a lot though.
Please don't start with this. If there is 3rd party win condition should not affect town play ever. The victory condition for such a 3rd party will not end the game prematurely, and if it does I will lynch the mod in the post game.

Lynch based on scum play and town play and don't use this as a reason to doubt.

But hey out of curiosity what would a lyncher help explain?
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2410 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 6:54 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 2409, Sajin wrote:
In post 2406, Cabd wrote:I'm starting to suspect we might have a lyncher/lynchee... but I'm not sure if that's the sort of thing that would be in a game like this. Would explain a lot though.
Please don't start with this. If there is 3rd party win condition should not affect town play ever. The victory condition for such a 3rd party will not end the game prematurely, and if it does I will lynch the mod in the post game.

Why BB
was
is tunneling 2 so damn hard that it hurts.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2411 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 6:56 am

Post by ² »

In this game I said "You're welcome, mollie." at the beginning of day 2 when there was no nk. She and another person thought I was soft-claiming doc as scum to get the real doc to out himself and I got mislynched for it. This is also how she got her signature:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/posting.php? ... []=4612458

Another example:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/posting.php? ... []=4651393

Then there is off-site examples and examples from
somewhere
I can't and wont talk about.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2412 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 6:57 am

Post by ² »

Wtf happened to those links...
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2413 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 6:59 am

Post by ² »

BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2414 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 6:59 am

In post 2397, ² wrote:@mollie (and mac too, though I think mac has actually seen some of the changes in my game over the last couple months)

link to my most recently completed game: http://www.forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopi ... 83&t=28260

I am not playing to my off-site meta in MS games. my game at MS has been growing more tentative over the last couple of months for a variety of reasons, mostly related to realizing that my offsite game doesn't work here, not without some serious refitting.

I am not sure how long it will take for me to settle on something that works better here. I'm still wrapping my head around all the subtle strategy and tactics associated with majority lynch. The big and obvious stuff are big and obvious but it hardly ends with them.

I've sai before that I expect to get lynched early more often than my norm while I adjust. I have been thinking this game will
not
be one of those occasions, because I keep thinking that you'll figure some of this out on your own. Starting to think that I am wrong.

- f
I am still trying to wrap my head around how to play within the length of the day rounds. I think I am slowly settling into a groove of some sort. it is tough and in some games I forget who I was suspecting and why. I do not even remotely play the same way in every game. if I have town reads on strong players then lets face it; I am basically a very lazy player as a general rule. so I
have
been taking that into consideration your play will be different. and it will probably vary from game to game.

meta isn't just about consistency of behaviours wrt alignments it is how a person thinks and their approach to the game. in the recent game on our homesite I caught guapie out in 1 post cos him asking another player to explain their vote and calling it anti-town cos it is rvs was out of character for him in a big way since that he has been rvs voting ever since I have known him. no one makes meta shifts like that since it is intrinsic to basic approach to the game that is tied to alignment.

what I am seeing here is a lack of aiming for town wc. your posts and actions are not lining up to a town one. it does not help that your other half is scumming it up by flailing, misrepping, baiting, fueling fires, stoking fires and not doing things he normally does as town, things like tuning out town noise, maintaining focus, leading or following. he is generating noise which gives scum room to hide and you are not clearing the path. <----as town this is what I would expect from you both. the both of you are pretty good about closing scum's options in games and all I am seeing so far is you both leaving options for scum.

if I am wrong and you are town then play in a way that points to a town wc. cos right now you are not doing it.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2415 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 7:01 am

Post by ² »

I don't know - Majiffy doesn't seem to be pushing us like mollie... but if that was planned I guess it still would make sense. Also, I doubt Majiffy and mollie would be playing to their town meta like this if they were a lyncher.

- b
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2416 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 7:02 am

Post by Cabd »

I ssee micro 161 is over, and 2 was town there. I'll be reading that, back in a bit with thoughts from it.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2417 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 7:02 am

Post by Cabd »

Nah, as pointed out to me, mod specifically said no lynchers/lynchees.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2418 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 7:04 am

In post 2411, ² wrote:In this game I said "You're welcome, mollie." at the beginning of day 2 when there was no nk. She and another person thought I was soft-claiming doc as scum to get the real doc to out himself and I got mislynched for it. This is also how she got her signature:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/posting.php? ... []=4612458

Another example:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/posting.php? ... []=4651393

Then there is off-site examples and examples from
somewhere
I can't and wont talk about.

- b
in the first example I did not get you lynched. I thought you were scum, yes, but then you started town flailing and I read you as town moved my vote and tried to shift the lynch off of you. but you had pissed jake off to the point that he simply wanted you out of the game I think. his was the pivotal vote and you fucked up that one up all on your own. so your blame is misplaced.

the second exaple leads to a "no multi-posts" not a link to a game.

try again
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2419 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 7:08 am

oh that is the second one? lol. you do realise rach marie is in this game don't you?

I didn't push for your lynch I pushed you for a read, got a town one,
and actively worked with you the rest of the game

so in other words, you are lying about me getting you lynched in those games.

gee buldey, I wonder why I think you are scum.
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2420 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 7:10 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

Really starting to not like 2 after these last few pages :/.
Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2421 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 7:16 am

In post 2405, ² wrote:
In post 2402, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:
exactly
what's going on.

- b

I
To me it looks like the most likely scenario. I'll find examples now.

- b
so you want to perpetuate a discussion that could potentially lead to rulebreaking.

nope. not scummy at all.

how you work less to try to discredit me and do something protown like scumhunt or something.

oh wait. you would have had to receive town role pm in order to do that huh
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2422 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 7:20 am

In post 2410, Cabd wrote:

Why BB
was
it is called pushing my scum read.

so if you are sus of 2, why are you not pursuing that read. <----- I would like an answer to this question

sajin what is your take on cabd? he is tweaking my scumdar in a big way
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2423 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 7:23 am

Post by Andrius »

Yeah um mollie is town.
And apparently scary when mad but doesn't mean I'm not curious. :P

Yeah um Venmar is town.

Don't like varsoon's jump to AJ but w/e.
Nacho went V/LA yesterday.
I could see it here

No stop doing this crap and contribute reads and whatnot.
In post 2408, Cabd wrote:Oh, my bad. That's better to know then. In that case BB's aggressiveness in tunneling just kinda makes it over the top.
Tunneling =/= Lyncher!
In post 2410, Cabd wrote:

Why BB
was
In post 2420, TiphaineDeath wrote:Really starting to not like 2 after these last few pages :/.
So on a continuum of scum<------------------>town where does he now fall for you?
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2424 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 7:42 am

Post by Mac »

vote 2

this is a mix between sheeping mollie and my own scumreads on the slot.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”