California Trilogy: City of Angels - Off Stage (Game Over)

StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2400 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by StarKiss »

{Kise}
curiouskarmadog wrote:why am I the only one that seems to be understanding this?
Because you set up the bad choice and know ahead of time what the outcome is?

Ignore that. I don't know, just screwing around... haven't checked on-screen lately.
Starbuck + Kise = Pure Awesome
Don't forget Dram :(
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2401 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:07 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

what do you mean I set up a bad choice?

you saying scum put Orbots there?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2402 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:52 am

Post by StarKiss »

~Dram~

He's saying you are most likely part of the scum and you KNOW the three outcomes of the drink shenanigan.

He didn't say anything about who put Orbot there.
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2403 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:46 am

Post by GoofballsAndBaloons »

Orbots is the advocate, who else would have put him there but the scum? Am I missing something?
[size=75]This is a block of madness that can be added to insanity you post. There is a 255 psychiatric limit.[/size]
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2404 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:45 am

StarKiss wrote:~Dram~

He's saying you are most likely part of the scum and you KNOW the three outcomes of the drink shenanigan.

He didn't say anything about who put Orbot there.
you are missing the question star.

if I am "setting up a bad choice"..how exactly am I do it?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2405 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:12 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Ok, caught up and will try to get some thoughts up this evening.

Here's a preview: hewitt is scum (again).
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #2406 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:51 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

GoofballsAndBaloons has been appointed Assistant Director.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2407 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:55 am

lol, I am really not trusted.

they also picked Orbots suggestion..

lets see if I am right.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #2408 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:45 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Hot Water

The final vote is cast, and the actor called Gaspar has taken the whole thing rather well. Not only is he - or is it she? - not attempting to escape, Gaspar has been silently knitting together a noose out of alfa grass. One of the others doesn't understand this apparent disinterest in personal well-being, and asks:

"Don't you care that we are going to kill you?"

"No."

"What? Why not?"

"Because you aren't going to kill me."

"Yes we are!"

"No. I have a contract. The only person allowed to kill me is sitting in that chair over there."

Gaspar points directly at the producer's chair. As if on cue, Mr. Grey turns to look at the tiny mob and smiles.

Meanwhile, one of the actors, who has at some point decided he is a furry and taken to wearing an outfit that makes him look like a giant teddy bear, has decided he has had enough. He keeps dozing off, and Mr. Grey's charming assistant keeps poking him to try to wake him up. He finally just walks off the set.

He is halfway to the parking lot where his car waits when a voice speaks behind him.

"You didn't think we would just let you leave after what you've tried to do, did you?"

Before he can even turn around to see who is speaking, two shots fire out and rip through the back of his skull, sending pieces of brain flying onto pavement and a nearby wall. He collapses, dead before he hits the ground, not even hearing the echo of the gunshot in the alley.

Mr. Grey's assistant walks over to the corpse and rolls it over. She reaches down to grab one hand and press the thumb against a fingerprint scanner. Satisfied that she has determined his identity, she drops the lifeless hand and walks back to the set.

Mr. Grey brings Gaspar to a private office and sits him down.

"I have been waiting a long time for this, you know."

"I'm sure you have."

Mr. Grey opens a desk drawer and pulls out an ordinary deck of cards. He begins to shuffle them as he speaks.

"You know, there are religions that believe in reincarnation, but I don't know of any that allow a soul to move from one body to another before the first has even died. A clever trick, no doubt."

"It has taken its toll."

"You haven't been quite yourself recently, true. Do you like the film?"

"I wasn't too happy with the car scene. But my previous hosts are still alive and kicking, so I can't complain too much."

"I am under the impression that your current form has a thing for poker. Shall we play a hand?"

"The stakes?"

"High."

"My life?"

"Not exactly. I am going to kill you either way. A stake to the heart would be appropriate, don't you think?"

"What, then?"

Mr. Grey sets aside the deck of cards momentarily, picks up a pen, and scribbles out a sentence on a piece of paper. He slides the paper across to Gaspar, who reads it, looks up, and immediately nods before picking up the piece of paper, pulling out a lighter from his pocket, and setting it on fire.

Mr. Grey slides the deck toward him and Gaspar cuts the cards.

The Outcome for Scene 5 was Neutral (0)! Gaspar (Ben Affleck, Innocent) and PookyTheMagicalBear (John Travolta, Scientologist) are dead. It is Pre-Scene 6. Deadline is approximately 72 hours from this post - possibly extended depending on Moving Day.

There is no Advocate for Scene 6. [Something Else], assign the outcomes [Very Good/Good/Neutral/Bad/Very Bad] to the alternatives [Numbers 1-75] in whatever order you like, 15 of each.

Director, choose five additional actors to participate in Scene 6, in order of preference - they will be chosen as needed until the Scene has seven characters.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #2409 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:58 am

Post by Thok »

CKD, why did you put VP Baltar and me on stage? I think everybody who suggested a list had both of us off-stage.

(I'm accepting your comment that you didn't put MO onstage.)
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2410 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:00 am

of course....another scientologist.

ok, I got to be lynched tomorrow (this isnt a poor me or flaking thing)...you guys have got to know that there is another scum group "mafia" before going into end game...apparently this is the only way to do it.

please leave me off stage.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2411 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:01 am

curiouskarmadog wrote:wow, on stage crew is pissed that I put the stuntman there.

Since I have a feeling I am going to be saying the samething OVER and OVER again in between scenes.

- - - - - - - -

I have said the MANY MANY TIMES....what happens on stage is the most important at this point. I felt that VP was town. I mostly put on stage who I felt was town and would make a good decision in regards choices. I put mostly who I felt were scum or scummy off stage.

- - - - - -
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2412 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:05 am

also thok, for the record...do you feel that me putting VP on stage was scummy?

once it was decided that VP could come back, was it scummy for Orbots to nudge that there was no "other possible benefits" of him coming back?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2413 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:10 am

Post by sottyrulez »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:wow, on stage crew is pissed that I put the stuntman there.

Since I have a feeling I am going to be saying the samething OVER and OVER again in between scenes.

- - - - - - - -

I have said the MANY MANY TIMES....what happens on stage is the most important at this point. I felt that VP was town. I mostly put on stage who I felt was town and would make a good decision in regards choices. I put mostly who I felt were scum or scummy off stage.

- - - - - -
So... CKD, what do you think of the Gaspar lynch wagon in light of this?
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2414 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:11 am

Post by Talilan »

Gaspar is town? That's it. ortolan, we're resigning from the game.
~Tal
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2415 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:22 am

Post by Thok »

curiouskarmadog wrote:also thok, for the record...do you feel that me putting VP on stage was scummy?
Yes. The point of the stuntman is to send information from off-stage to on-stage, and that's best done by starting with the stuntman off-stage so he knows when on-stage has enough information to go off-stage.

Also, by putting Baltar on stage, you prevented people from theoretically lynching anybody on-stage if that was considered important.

I'd still like to hear an explanation for why you made that decision, as well as the decision to keep me on stage for the fourth scene in a row.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2416 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:23 am

Post by Thok »

EBWODP "that's best done by starting with the stuntman off-stage so he knows when off-stage has enough information to go on-stage. "
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2417 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:47 am

thok, you didnt answer the question about Orbots...why?

and I answered why I put VP up there..I felt he was town, and would make a good decision....

sotty, I cant say anything about the Gaspar lynch...I thought he was scum..I would have preferred a Starkiss lynch, but Gaspar was right up there....I will reread to see who jumped on it, but anything I say will just make me look like a hypocrite...hewitt's vote was odd, but meh....

I am sure, I am going to get a ton a questions for the on stage crew...I ask that you read up then ask your questions...I will try to help as much as I can, but the result will still be the same....

I need to be lynched next....I actually think mafia wants me around at this point, so anyone who says anything different are suspect. reasons? a.) mafia doesnt want the town to know they exist...b.) I am a perfect individual for endgame...a super scummy looking townie.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2418 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:55 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Who did you consider scummy off stage at the start of the scene CKD?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2419 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by Thok »

curiouskarmadog wrote:thok, you didnt answer the question about Orbots...why?
Because, strangely enough, I asked my question first, and wanted to hear an answer before I replied to yours. (You still haven't touched the issue of why you put me on stage, although it sounds like I could guess that answer; I'd still like hear you comment about it.)

I don't really think MO was nudging at the lack of benefits of stunting, I think he was flat out saying it. In any case, the main benefit of stunting was putting the AP in a position to choose an off-stage stuntman for tomorrow, and I think there's a reasonable discussion about whether the benefits of an off-stage stuntman are worth the risks of out the AP. (The other benefits that were brought up by Sottyrulez were relatively inconsequential compared to that.)
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2420 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:18 pm

thok, so you dont think it was a scummy suggestion?

also I dont know how many different ways I can say it...I wanted people I felt were town on stage....I will go a step further if you really need it...I felt you were town.

sotty, going into the scene....I felt Orbots, Gaspar, DGB, starkiss, and hewitt were scum or at least scummy...(thus why they were off stage)

Going into that scene, I really wanted to lynch Gaspar, Starkiss, or DGB....as the scene progress...I just wanted to lynch Gaspar...he was trying way to hard to dismiss the mafia group...the AP bit was horrid...and he was being unhelpful.

right now...I am leaing Starkiss and Orbots has definite scum....maybe hewitt, DGB, and Zu....

but now that we have two Sci...and 0 mafia...I dont have a clue.

all I know, is that you guys going into end game NEED TO KNOW there is a mafia group....I cant think of any other way to prove it.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #2421 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Reading now, although I want to know why Pooky was able to just lurk by without pressure before his modkill...

Really want StarKiss/CKD dead before reading..
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #2422 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:24 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Also drawing attention to the fact that each person On Stage may ask a question of the "Does [Set of at least 5 but no more than 70 numbers] have the property that [Property]?" for the next Scene

I think we should strongly coordinate this so that all 7 questions go to identifying 1 Number that is Very Good or Good.

I'd like Thok or me On Stage to help sort out logic.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2423 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by StarKiss »

Anyone can coordinate a bunch of questions SL. Also, maybe you ought to read before you try to kill people.
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2424 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:33 pm

Post by Talilan »

ortolan has (I think) a good plan for onstage number questions. I'm not sure if he wanted to wait until onstage to talk about it. I'll wait and see if he's around before copy/pasting from the QT.

~Tal

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”