Mini 1549 - House Party Mafia (Party Crashed)

EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:58 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 2373, dramonic wrote:Ftr you should really take a step back from the game when you get really fed up, because you end up tilting otherwise
You're not the first to tell me that, and it's something I'm (still) working on. But you were mean to me too. No need to call people stupid.
Art is cool.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:59 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

his idea of lurking is posting nothing but fluff all game

though twice this game I pointed out what was the smoking gun on Dram and got ignored both times. So makes sense that I just stop posting content and fluff post from now on and become the player I hate lol
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:02 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 2374, Titus wrote:@Majiffy, everyone tries to draw out information of everyone else. I was there and posting thoughts as they happened. If you want a specific opinion of a player, town or scum, you have to draw it out.
No, normal players do a thing called 'contributing', which often includes another thing called 'stating reasons and reads'.

You shouldn't have to be provoked into meaningful contribution.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:03 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2375, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 2373, dramonic wrote:Ftr you should really take a step back from the game when you get really fed up, because you end up tilting otherwise
You're not the first to tell me that, and it's something I'm (still) working on. But you were mean to me too. No need to call people stupid.
Calling people stupid is largely unproductive as a) it's ineffective, b) it makes the stupid caller look scummy and c) it allows scum to play peacemaker and encourage everyone to get along. They can post the argument in less loaded manner and get ZOMG obvtown status.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:03 am

Post by dramonic »

Im very passionate in game, I generally call everyone an idiot at some point in a game. It's nothing personal.

Edit: I disagree on the smoking gun thing :p
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:03 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 2376, Jake from State Farm wrote:though twice this game I pointed out what was the smoking gun on Dram and got ignored both times. So makes sense that I just stop posting content and fluff post from now on and become the player I hate lol
Yeah I think your little wall war was effective insofar as everyone just stopped reading everything both of you posted.

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:04 am

I don't like jiffy's avatar btw

p.edit - that is basically what I told AP in a pm, people just get numb to it and decide to ignore both parties. Now people are on to me I will need a new strategy ;)

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:04 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2377, Majiffy wrote:
In post 2374, Titus wrote:@Majiffy, everyone tries to draw out information of everyone else. I was there and posting thoughts as they happened. If you want a specific opinion of a player, town or scum, you have to draw it out.
No, normal players do a thing called 'contributing', which often includes another thing called 'stating reasons and reads'.

You shouldn't have to be provoked into meaningful contribution.
I absolutely did. I pushed Mastin. I had you as a town read.

If you couldn't read me based off my posts, the onus on you is to get what content you need. I provided plenty. The content I needed wasn't helpful for you, but that doesn't mean vaccuum. I always provide content as EITHER alignment.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:04 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 2378, Titus wrote:Calling people stupid is largely unproductive as a) it's ineffective, b) it makes the stupid caller look scummy and c) it allows scum to play peacemaker and encourage everyone to get along. They can post the argument in less loaded manner and get ZOMG obvtown status.
Mafia has a critical emotional edge and there is nothing better to provoke strong emotional reactions than to insult the intelligence or worthiness of the player.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:05 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 2381, Jake from State Farm wrote:I don't like jiffy's avatar btw
Meh I'm ambivalent to it. I'll probably go back to the old-man-child soon.

||
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:05 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

me too dram. i'm not guilt free.

I just take this game so seriously. I can't help it.

I WANT TO WIN.
Art is cool.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:06 am

Post by Majiffy »

I also like how it looks on the MafBlack skin, being black on gray. I imagine it looks significantly less cool on blue.

||
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:07 am

mafblack skin?

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:07 am

Post by Titus »

I agree to their being an emotional component but that tactic is largely ineffective. I can't count how many times I've used stupid as an excuse to have people start being nice and neutering any aggression at all. People get no reads from it. It may be a tool you use, but it sucks.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:08 am

i wish they had different colors for the scumobile skin, I use that since I am more often on my phone.

Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:13 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 2389, Jake from State Farm wrote:i wish they had different colors for the scumobile skin, I use that since I am more often on my phone.
Is it that much nicer using Scumobile for phone? I was immediately turned off by the color palette.
In post 2388, Titus wrote:I agree to their being an emotional component but that tactic is largely ineffective ... People get no reads from it. It may be a tool you use, but it sucks.
I've found it fairly effective over the years. Even more so in games with faster paces - live, marathon, short deadline, etc.
In post 2387, Jake from State Farm wrote:mafblack skin?
Less than a week old. Really nice; black background, grey boxes w/ white lettering, etc.

Few small things here and there that need to be worked out (colored font is ugly as fuck atm) but overall a great dark skin.

||
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:15 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I cant tell if I like this more than mafia sepia
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:16 am

well I have gotten use to scumobile since I have been using across all my accounts for 2+ years. I like it better than then the gold one I am being forced to use on my hydra

I just checked out blackskin - :bleh:

Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:18 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 2391, AngryPidgeon wrote:I cant tell if I like this more than mafia sepia
You do. Because the pencils are ugly on Sepia.

||
Drunken Lies
Drunken Lies
Mafia Scum
Drunken Lies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:43 am

Post by Drunken Lies »

I use the same one, I don't know what it's called, whichever mobile skin allows
Spoiler:
tags to work properly.
Drunken Lies
Drunken Lies
Mafia Scum
Drunken Lies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:44 am

Post by Drunken Lies »

On a phone I mean. Most of my access is mobile.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:46 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I think I like it actually. Also BROSEIDON and I might be planning a large theme. We promise no serial killers this time.

Or do we ;)
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:58 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2286, BROseidon wrote:Oh, so did mastin, for that matter.
Like hell I did. I pushed one mislynch, yes. One. On D1. But guess what?

I never stopped trying to figure the game out.

You did.

And guess what?
Jake and Titus were at the top of my scum list when I died. I thought it was only one (rather than both) of them. But they were both there, as basically my main suspects.

My reads evolved throughout the game.
You? Tunneled me until I was dead. Then latched onto Majiffy as well. Then also latched onto BBMolla. All town. All without you thinking things through. All without you playing. You chastised me for SC, and then
you did the exact fucking thing with BBMolla
. Only worse. Because BBMolla was obvtown by play and conftown by role, essentially. And you lynched him. There was nothing about my game here resembling Anything Goes, your so-called holy grail of my play; my play was bleeding my town meta, and you discarded it. I consistently. CONSISTENTLY. Re-evaluated my reads,
especially
after day one. You gave no such effort. Both Jake and Titus never appeared on your radar, because you were so focused on tunneling town players. The only scum player to show up on your radar was dramonic. (Admittedly, he was the only scum player never showing up in mine. Partially from play, but also largely 'cause of the roleclaim. *points to rant in dead QT about OPness of mafia hider*) There's a reason I was scumreading you: because you. didn't. bother. to. try. That's all it'd have taken to have won. A few minutes of thought. Rather than blindly charging in.

Yes. I made that mistake...on day one. BUT THEN I FIXED IT ON FUTURE DAYS. You? Didn't.

Majiffy tried. (Heck, his main misread of SC? Was justifiable given his own role! Nobody with a town JK PM is going to believe a town RB claim.) He had dramonic in sights at times and had Titus as a giant null, overall. He townread Jake, yes, so his reads were never solid this game. Yet his reads also changed. He put effort into figuring things out and did what he could to put the pieces together. Heck, ETL had Titus in her sights for a large portion of the game. She attacked dramonic, too, if memory serves. And they mighta been suspicious of Jake at some point or another, even if ultimately going onto BBMolla. Their reads evolved all game, too.

Yours...never did.

No, the blame's not 100% on you, but stop dragging down players to hide YOUR faults, BRO. You were basically a scum MVP this game; no town player hurt the town more than you did the entire game.
In post 2313, Drunken Lies wrote:I think bro played ok. Mastin tunnel on bro was rough and that shitty masin gambit really backfired.
I never tunneled on BRO. I consistently. CONSISTENTLY. Re-evaluated him. I had him as a townread D2, even. (And dram's result made me conftown him, too.) I ultimately concluded, however, that given the choice between him being so incompetent and him simply being scum, that being scum was the more likely of the two. (Thus, my goading at him when he became conftown, realizing that, no, he actually WAS just that bad.) I gave reasons for my read. I explained it. I showed
exactly
where I was coming from. In crystal-clear detail, exactly why my analysis pointed to him as scum, and where the read on him came from.

He did "lol, u so scum" for basically the majority of the game. If he had provided reasoning for his read, like you had. If he had given some semblance of sanity. If he had given anything that could be a traceable thought pattern. Sure. Yeah. I could have townread him. But he didn't. And as it turned out, I was right to have defended dramonic's role as being real like I did. It WAS real. His claimed targets WERE town. And largely, his play was genuine. I'll fully admit that I misread him and that it was a bad misread to have made. But given what I knew and what my read of the situation was, I'll defend it as having been the correct play, because as far as I was concerned, he was the town's only investigative PR and a rather strong one at that, potentially the last town PR in the game aside from Molla. Short of having omnipotence, there was no way to have expected the scum hider. (And clearing so many players as scum fakeclaiming hider also seemed like scum wouldn't pull it off. Thus, another reason why I wanted him alive. Additionally, even if he was scum lying, he'd have to continue faking results. Which would lead to him getting caught eventually.) 98% of the time, when a player claims hider, they're going to be town. (Perhaps not a hider, but if not, then generally a variant of the role.) It's not a fakeclaim scum think of, and it's not a role mods give scum thanks to how 'worthless' it would be. So a player claiming hider to me is obviously going to not be the right lynch.

In any other game. In literally any other game. (Well, aside from Tough Guy Mafia, and sorta Tales.) That hider claim would have been from a town player. So of course I was going to defend dramonic after that. And, yes, I wouldn't have blindly townread him the whole game. If he gave a result I thought to be BS (for instance, him not hiding behind Jake WAS a legitimate concern of mine! But I wanted to give him another day, because investigating Majiffy/BRO while attempting to lynch Jake was a move I easily could have seen a town-dram doing because by certain thought patterns that'd actually be the correct play!), then I would have recognized it.
In post 2322, Majiffy wrote:We never - or at least I never - fake claimed Mason. I just didn't deny it.
Same for me. I made the joke (JOKE) as a reference to Antihero mafia. A GAME YOU WERE IN, ETL, AND THOUGHT YOU WOULD LINK IT TO THAT. Then people actually took it seriously, and I dodged the question, over and over again, specifically because I didn't want to lie and make it a fakeclaim. Given omnipotence, though, I'd have just fakeclaimed it, but lacking it, I chose not to.
In post 2331, AngryPidgeon wrote:Honestly, I thought Dram's claim was a bit of a throw...But somehow town was just too cautious to lynch him and depsite his clears being only on townies, they still managed to pull the mislynches they needed to win.
Again, major gripe of the setup. Nobody.
NOBODY.
Is going to consider a hider claim to come from scum.

Case and point: Tales of Vesperia. Town lost that game because the scum had a godfather-that-could-create-a-custom-rolecop-result. In this case...the default was...hider. (Okay, so it was odd-night hider modified into even-night hider, but still.) So, it's not
quite
a scum hider in that game, but the default scum fakeclaim (which would show up as a real claim to a rolecop, so is essentially a realclaim) was a hider. Which they bought, 100%, as having been real. Because...yep. Nobody is going to expect a scum hider. It sounds like a weak role. It really, really does. But scum hider is
RIDICULOUSLY
powerful. Even if the roles in the game can't confirm its existence!

I meant it when I said it in the dead QT, it's much stronger than when I gave the scum a Sane Cop as a real role. It's essentially a mod-provided fakeclaim that the scumteam--knowing they can use--can then build their play around, to make a game where the town is never going to realistically win outside of pure sheer dumb luck. The mafia won Tales. They lost Tough Guy Mafia because they screwed up and hid behind the nightkill, but otherwise would have had a frighteningly-realistic chance of winning. And dramonic claiming hider this game made him essentially unlynchable, at least in the contemporary gamestate.

If there was a scum lynch or two, sure, yeah, dramonic could have been caught. If his results had been less believable (and they were rapidly approaching that), sure, yeah, dramonic would have been lynched. But short of that? He was never going to get lynched. Ever. Because mafia hiders are a stupid, stupid idea that consistently screws towns over. Short of there being an actual cop (or gunsmith) in the game, I'd take hider over godfather as mafia, simply because it is a ridiculously strong and flexible PR for them to have.

In theory, mafia hider is a weak PR. In theory, it's not a strong mafia PR. In theory, it's easy for the town to lynch them. In theory, it's something that is just a small boost to the scumteam. In reality. In actual practice. It's one of THE strongest scum PRs you could ever give them. Acting as basically a mega-godfather (both investigation AND kill immune!) who can realclaim safely as if they were a cop, so long as they don't claim to hide behind a scumbuddy. Especially if the town doesn't actually have a cop.
In post 2349, dramonic wrote:You know, if you guys had just followed my reads you'd have totally won :/
(Thus, why I didn't think dramonic was scum. Not just from role, but from play. Play ultimately revealed to be heavy bussing, but I wasn't expecting him to do that.)

/ranting.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:09 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 2396, AngryPidgeon wrote:I think I like it actually. Also BROSEIDON and I might be planning a large theme. We promise no serial killers this time.

Or do we ;)
Pre-in me. I'm down to like 2 or 3 games now.

||
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:25 pm

Post by ActionDan »

Ya... I'm happy I got most of everything right?

Didn't think there would be 3 maf. :/ setup indeed scumsided by numbers.

Actually setup very very anti-SK
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”