BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #2350 (ISO) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:00 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 2346, uctriton00 wrote:Tbh while I've been jokingly taking aside to the whole post game chat, Mhork is actually right, Mantis.

You see it as being ungrateful, but mods are supposed to listen to feedback. TAM's response has just been "it would have been balanced with better players".

Players are just as important as moderators. Goes both ways, I loved my players like they were my kids, and so on.
This.

Also, this setup wasn't balanced, even given "better players," since none of the roles in play were high skill floor/cap abilities (neighborizer, mason, etc). 3 investigative PRs was pretty OP, even if mine didn't really do anything.

I will say, scum needed to do a better job getting the play abilities, though. Like, if I were balancing the setup, I'd balance it with scum getting a moderately disproportionately high number of the plays b/c they can work together to put it on whichever one of them is getting most town read.
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2351 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:50 pm

Post by The Acting Method »

@ Gedak: With Mantis, I felt you were on the line between actually insulting and being aggressive. Note, this is PERSONAL impression. Let's make this very very clear, my PERSONAL interpretation of your attacks on Mantis was that you were on the thin line of actually being abusive without being abusive. Then when Alpazard complained because you went too far with your treatment of him. I got a second opinion to make sure that you got treated fairly instead of just insta-force replacing you, I was nice enough to get my own opinion checked.

Now on Smudger, If you want the honest truth, I didn't notice some of the things you just pointed out on Smudger. Also with the exception of Mhork, most of the players seemed ok with Smudgers actions. However in your case, not only was Mantis feeling it (Mantis tell me if I'm wrong but your use of the ability hinted to me that you thought Gedak was getting offensive to you.) but then Alpazard outright said it.

On the set up: Empking told me that I had a strong town. However he told me not to weaken what he called a strong scum team.

Originally town had a bus driver as well as everything else. Should I have removed one of the investigation powers? Maybe.

Should I have forced alternation between two abilities like with Smudgers? Maybe.

Do I think that town played incredibly? No. What they did do, was use their abilities well.

Do I think if town's abilities had been used differently, scum could have won? Yes.

To me, I see SOME of the balance complaints (I acknowledge some of the points as far as practice opposed to theory), but to me, the chief one ruining scumside to me is communication.

I personally feel I could have done the play mechanics better. In retrospect, I could have done some cop switch ups or changed the cops sanity.

Basically as far as the game itself goes, town won this game because the town abilities were easier to understand and they used them to their full potential.

That's what it boils down to. In theory the set up itself looked way more balanced than it played out.

The key thing for me is to make sure the players can easily understand the role then how it works in my head.
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.

Theater Season Mafia STARTING SOON!!!!
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2352 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:46 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 2351, The Acting Method wrote: (Mantis tell me if I'm wrong but your use of the ability hinted to me that you thought Gedak was getting offensive to you.)
it was mostly just trolling him a little. i didn't really think he was offensive, that it was all within the game, but even though i knew that, gedak you were getting on my nerves a little. not in a i hate you way, just mildly annoyed.

so i was talking to nikanor about the game, since he was following it, and i was saying that i didn't know what to do with the king abillity. and he was like, kidding around - why don't you make a fake post restriction for gedak. so i did. i still don't really know what i could have optimally used for it. maybe i could have said something like - one scum has been investigated but that i wasn't allowed to vote them until some point in the day.. i dunno. more like, use it as a reaction test to see who gets squirrely. i did squander it... sorry guys.

i didn't like the smudger-mhork thing. but at the same time, even though smudger was being harsh to him, i also thought that mhork was over-reacting and stuff like refusing to apologize wasn't very becoming on his part. so i didn't really stick up for mhork.. when maybe i would have, in a different scenario. i think it was because they were both sort of equally giving it at each other.

but ya, i see what you're saying now TAM and what scum was saying, that scum's abilities weren't as straightforward and instead obscure... so in turn, tougher to use and adding/being a factor, to the loss.

still was a fun game though
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #2353 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:17 am

Post by Equinox »