California Trilogy: City of Angels - Off Stage (Game Over)

StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2325 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:48 pm

Post by StarKiss »

Letting me go to endgame as in the scum who choose the players for endgame?

Enough monkey business. Please explain better what you mean in this quote, otherwise I will continue to believe and urge everyone else to believe this was a scumslip:
Talilan wrote:I'm hoping that a majority of players can agree on this so we don't have to waste a lynch on him.
Waste a lynch on me before endgame?
Starbuck + Kise = Pure Awesome
Don't forget Dram :(
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:14 pm

Post by Talilan »

Are you taking about the quote you have quoted there, or the quote about letting you go to endgame?

Either way it wasn't any kind of slip. I'm thinking that you are scum who WON'T be picked for endgame because you're under a lot of suspicion. But if I'm wrong, the scum might choose you for endgame after all - and if there is that much doubt about your alignment then you should probably be lynched (because that would make you the scummiest question mark).

And yes, when we only have 2 (?) lynches left after today, lynching someone that everyone agrees is scum would be a waste.

~Talitha
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:48 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

StarKiss wrote:I see. So you and your buddies are butt hurt about my condorcet list long ago. I noticed how VP, CKD and your opinions of me changed after I voiced my suspicion. Since you don't present a case, I will take it you only want to retaliate by calling me scum.
oh interesting, please repost where my opinions change about ANYTHING since you posted your list.

also, what is more important in this game, actions on stage or actions off stage and why.
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:57 am

Post by StarKiss »

~Dram~

Now now, let's not get our nerves in a bundle. As far as I see it, on-stage would theorically be more useful but random, while off-stage, while not quite as useful, is much more efficient.

The reason I got "engrossed" in the word theory is that I know I'm town and Gaspar, Tal, GnB and probably Hewitt all share these words. Does that mean anything? Not really, but the fact only one is mispelled is worth taking into account.

Also, my dear Tal, I didn't vote because my vote would've been on Gaspar and it'd have been the hammer. We agreed to let him live until Glork can post his comments, so don't launch an incorrect accusation at me :)

Anything else you'd like immediately answered?
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:03 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
4 to lynch.

Gaspar: 3 (curiouskarmadog, GoofballsAndBaloons, Talilan)
curiouskarmadog: 1 (Gaspar)
StarKiss: 1 (hewitt)
Talilan: 1 (StarKiss)

Not Voting: 0

Current Condorcet Winner:
Gaspar

To view the complete table of pairwise results, put the following information into this form.

1,curiouskarmadog
2,Gaspar
3,GoofballsAndBaloons
4,hewitt
5,StarKiss
6,Talilan
7,No Lynch

1:2>3=4=5=6=7>1
1:1>3=4=5=6=7>2
1:2>1=4=5=6=7>3
1:5>1=2=3=6=7>4
1:6>1=2=3=4=7>5
1:2>1=3=4=5=7>6
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:30 am

Post by Gaspar »

GoofballsAndBaloons wrote:
Gaspar wrote:Weren't you impressed by my last post?
No. Glork-town doesn't try to draw the kill. Glork-scum breadcrumbs AP to save his keister in end game when the AP, whom he would have identified in the game, and left out of the end game, so that he himself could fake claim innocent when the real AP isn't there to counterclaim.

Now,
THAT
's Glork-think.
This is wrong. I don't know what to say anymore. Except... no.

I don't know why you think Glork would never draw the nightkill.

I also don't know how the second thing would even work... you think if the AP gets NKed, or doesn't get picked for endgame (and thus killed), that the player would not be shown as flipping "AP"? Even if he doesn't flip "AP" won't he pick a new player to be the AP? I mean, won't we always have an AP? How do you think Glork was going to fakeclaim AP and not be counterclaimed?? And seeing as his crumbs go all the way back, he would have to claim to be the original AP, not an inherited AP. I don't know, but your scenario doesn't sound possible.

~elvis
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:39 am

curiouskarmadog wrote:
StarKiss wrote:I see. So you and your buddies are butt hurt about my condorcet list long ago. I noticed how VP, CKD and your opinions of me changed after I voiced my suspicion. Since you don't present a case, I will take it you only want to retaliate by calling me scum.
oh interesting, please repost where my opinions change about ANYTHING since you posted your list.

also, what is more important in this game, actions on stage or actions off stage and why.
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:23 am

Post by GoofballsAndBaloons »

elvis you're pulling at my heartstrings... my heart says elvis-town and my head says Glork-scum.
[size=75]This is a block of madness that can be added to insanity you post. There is a 255 psychiatric limit.[/size]
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:36 am

Post by StarKiss »

StarKiss wrote:
As far as I see it, on-stage would theorically be more useful but random, while off-stage, while not quite as useful, is much more efficient.
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:37 am

Post by StarKiss »

replace useful with important and you have your answer.

~Dram~
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Gaspar »

See, this is why I think you're town dgb, because you have a very good ability to tell when I am town and when I'm scum. I remember Nasubi, and a few other times, you correctly pegged me as scum. When you're town, you know my allignment. And if you're scum there's really no advantage for you to say you think I'm town, and reverse yourself on a scum read on Glork. If you were scum I think it would be much easier to just keep calling me scum. But the fact that you have a different read on me pretty much indicates that you are town. Although you're not really following your town read on me... that puts a wrench in the works ;)

I'm resigned to Gaspar's death at this point, though. I'm just saying this for posterity.

DGB, do you think talilan and ckd are town?

e
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:57 am

I think Talilan is scum (that KY Krew stunt thing again, if it weren't for that I'd be all over Talilan,
like white on rice
), and CKD has to be scum. I don't want to waste time worrying about multiple scum factions, whenever I was in a game with such a setup I could never, ever tell them apart. It's hard enough to find scum from the townies. I recall once, we needed to concentrate on one scum faction or we'd lose, and we ended up lynching a townie.

Well alright. I'm going to very tentatively follow my gut here. I could be very, very, very sorry for this and pay for it with my life later. Gawd I'm going to regret this if I'm wrong. But you know what? The scum is not bringing me to endgame, I'm too unpredictable.

unvote
[size=75]This is a block of madness that can be added to insanity you post. There is a 255 psychiatric limit.[/size]
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by hewitt »

Talilan wrote:But I'm happy to compromise. If other people don't agree with me about how obv scum you are, I'll happily lynch you instead of letting you go to endgame.
Clearly that would be my favorite option.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:51 pm

Post by Talilan »

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't unvote Gaspar he's been saved enough times already

I bet Pooky was town

I have to admit I'm not actually sure of why StarKiss is scum. But yer Gaspar needs to die

- ortolan
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:04 pm

Do we have a deadline? I can't find it.
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:54 pm

Post by Gaspar »

Days are two week maximum, so I think that gives us until Friday.

I still think we will likely be the lynch today, and honestly I would rather be mislynched today than be part of a mislynch of somebody else. Because then everyone would REALLY be thinking we were scum even more and if we need to die I think it would do less damage if it was today than some future day.

But I really don't think ckd or Talilan would be a mislynch. Especially ckd with his SMG huggabugga that is incompatible with endgame. The only way I can see it possibly make sense is somehting Talilan (I think) mentioned at one point. For all the scum to have different affiliations but be part of a larger mafia group... like "scientologist" is the scum rolename for a larger SMG. But that seems really far-fetched and weird to me. I am pretty sure if that were the case, KY would have flipped "scientologist, Screen Mafia Guild." Can anyone think of a way to make this work? Because I really can't.

~e
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by Gaspar »

Talilan wrote:I just figured something out, and it's very, very bad. ortolan see QT. What happens now?
Nice work, scumbags.

~Talitha
Also, what was this quote all about?? I don't think Tally ever explained?

e
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:15 pm

StarKiss wrote:
StarKiss wrote:
As far as I see it, on-stage would theorically be more useful but random, while off-stage, while not quite as useful, is much more efficient.
so where did I change my opinion about this?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:21 pm

third fucking party that has nothing to do with endgame...I keep saying it, you keep ignoring it.

the only two lynches that make since today is me or Gaspar...they are going to the fucking extreme trying to get people to believe there isnt a mafia....there is, people....and I am pretty sure he is part of it....no one can be that blind....HE KEEPS IGNORING THE FACTS...ask yourself why?

if ANYONE thinks that Sci is the mafia group and not a third party....then you need to lynch me....

DGB, your unvote makes me sad.
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by Talilan »

Do you guys ever have the experience of playing a game of mafia, getting to around Day 4 or so and suddenly a few pieces of the jigsaw start to come together, a picture starts to form, and things begin to fall into place. The way you are playing the game starts to change because suddenly you KNOW things, and can't comprehend how others can't see it. You can't explain it very well though, because the picture in your mind is only a product of tiny little game pieces... but it's an example of the Gestalt effect where the "whole is greater than the sum of the parts". You get over-excited, over-eager and then incredibly frustrated at the scum being SO greasy and the town SO obtuse. Well yeah, this is my experience right now.

Hewitt, DGB has just unvoted Gaspar. The charms have worked, and will work on others. You know Gaspar is scum. PLEASE help us lynch him. The fact that you are not helping us lynch him means I will shortly be forced to reconsider my slight-town read of you.

DGB: You're being played like a played thing. Hint: Gaspar knows you are town. What makes you think CKD scum? I believe is lynch bait due to trying to help the town early on. Remember this is a themed mith game - the last game had dead players still playing, who knows what is going on here? (Well I think I know, but can't prove it). But things are surely not as simple as 'CKD said there was a SMG, and we got a scientologist, so CKD is scum'. We NEED another dead scum before we can figure out exactly what is going on.
What makes you decide that I'm scum NOW? What makes you bring up "not wanting to worry about more than one scum faction" in relation to suspecting us? As I've stated, I'm pretty sure there is only one.

~Talitha
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:47 pm

Post by StarKiss »

~Dram~

@Ortolan: Yeah, that's an issue with hydras, you can't know what goes on in your partner's head.

@CKD: See above. You'd have to ask him

@Talitha: Ignoring Kise's abrasive persona in his last few posts (bear with him, he's tired of this game, if he wants I'll just take over from here), I'd be curious to see why you've been calling us obvscum for a good part of the game.

Why haven't I ever denied being scum? I never heard of namecalling being something to deny. You can call me scum, I can say I'm not. Then what?
If you're tired of "this shit", why have you taken SO long to stick up for yourself? This is adressed to Kise, but unless you have a case to confront me with I see no reason to put that much value in your words.
Am I sore the scum isn't picking me for endgame? I believe I'm going to appear in endgame. I'm town and according to you, obvscum, so it's not a hard mislynch to drive, wouldn't you say?

Why I'm not voting? I wasn't voting because I would have put a vote on Gaspar but as you know he was at L-1 and I won't hammer before he gets his last-will post thingy in, that would be precocious.

However now that GnB unvoted, I'm free to put my vote in a better place.

Unvote
Vote: Gaspar
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:13 pm

Post by Talilan »

I'm glad you are now participating in the game Dram & Kise. Up til recently you haven't been trying. Today is the first day you have even voted, and the only conclusion I could make about you is that you were scum and cruising. I admit that my confidence in your scum alignment is mainly backed by very strong feelings, and not with a multitude of facts, but you hardly ever have that kind of hard evidence in mafia.

Thank you for saying that your vote is now in a better place. I'm sure you do know that it is!

~Tal
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:36 pm

Post by hewitt »

Fuck it whatever, Talilan, CKD, you know who the next two are to go.

Unvote, Vote: Gaspar
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:00 pm

Post by StarKiss »

{Kise}
curiouskarmadog wrote:oh interesting, please repost where my opinions change about ANYTHING since you posted your list.

Back during Scene 1, I questioned the integrity of both you and Panzer picking the same choice. You got all pissy behind it because I (and others) rebelled so to speak and took our time before deciding on whether we should believe you or not. Ever since then, you've been saying negative things about me just because I wasn't inclined to trust an advocate during Scene 1.

Frankly, I'm disgusted at those of you who are making cliques right in my face. It bugs me to see any of you having such a high degree of trust for one another.

@Talilan - I was asking for you to detail what you meant when saying hopefully everyone realizes I'm scum so that no one waste a lynch on me. Now it looks like you're backpedaling by saying you don't expect me to be in endgame... yeah, sure. I like this piece though:
Talilan wrote:But if I'm wrong, the scum might choose you for endgame after all - and if there is that much doubt about your alignment then you should probably be lynched (because that would make you the scummiest question mark).
Exactly what I'm getting at. Here you guys are with no case, just exclamations that I'm 100% scum, telling everyone they should be convinced of what you say. What I imagine you (mafia) doing is putting me in endgame and making it seem like I'm the easiest [mis]lynch because a handful of you caseless scum have been calling me mafia for so long, that hopefully it just sticks in the other 4 town member's heads. It's a good plan... with only 2 mafia, you guys better had been thinking about how you want to manipulate endgame.
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:16 pm

Post by Talilan »

OK. Any objections to me firing CKD? I don't really like doing it because as you know I think he's town. (ortolan is slightly suspicious of him, though.) But I can see a couple of benefits in going through with the firing, and not so much down-side.

StarKiss, there is absolutely a case against you. E.g. You not helping the town to lynch ANYONE. Your onstage voting. Your demeanor. I just do not have the energy to make the case right now when we're lynching Gaspar. If you are town (and I really hope you're not) please turn it around and prove me wrong. There's not much time left, and you are quite right that if town you would be a big piece of lynch-bait in endgame.

~Tal

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”