Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2300 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:56 pm

Post by Drixx »

Also still amused by Titus' ongoing refusal to just admit she slipped in SU. I mean ... she lucked out and got a win despite the slip. That's some impressively stubborn pride there Titus. (Reading the dead thread now).
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2301 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:57 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

Also, if pistachion had misplaced his vig, town loses this game after two mislynches. Things were a lot more balanced than they appeared to be, imo.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2302 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:58 pm

Post by Titus »

Masons are the one thing that gives me false positives IMO.

For Cerb

Jeanne I could read because she looked a lot like my first games here and Nethersprite's finished mini theme. She has the same temperament. Sure I doubted her at times, but I saw someone desperate to be lead. If you look at Bowser's mafia large theme, you'll see a lot of the same issues Jeanne has.

Elbrin picked up the shitty RVS vote on me by BM. His call out, subtly that he thought we were masons helped. The fact he called me and Jeanne conftown and was willing to claim helped. It really allowed me to see strategy which I felt Elbrin scum would never do. Second, scum wouldn't be locked into a fake claim that early.

Suzune engages very little as scum. Here, I could get inside her thoughts, track her and she was consistent. I had fail safes in case she was scum but I didn't think I would need them.

The vote plan comes from how I approach the game. I know how the collective votes.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2303 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:59 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

When's the last time a Varsoon game ended in a Town win?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2304 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:02 pm

Post by Titus »

Oh and policy lynch Klingon if she doesn't take strong positions D1.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2305 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:03 pm

Post by Titus »

Oh I forgot Fire was town cuz gut. :-p
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2306 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:07 pm

Post by Ranger »

Btw, if people read what my
actual
role PM is (I lied! My roleblock functioned the exact
opposite
of the way I said; they were only roleblocked if targeting me), I think you can understand why I was marking the way I was: the point of marking a player was to draw their attention onto me. If I thought they were scum, I'd be voting them and their action would fail; if I thought they were town, I wouldn't be voting them and whatever action they used on me would go through.

I was pretty happy with that fakeclaim. Shame it didn't get put into practice.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2307 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:08 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Town did really well in this game, with multiple town players pinning most, if not all, of the scumteam on day 1.

As far as the 'bastard' role; it never loses its town wincon. We discussed this a fair bit in the dead thread. I do agree it's on the verge of what could be considered bastard and I will likely not involve roles similar to it in my future non-bastard games simply because it is such a point of contention.

P-EDIT:
@Skull: Jeeze, let's see...
Steven Universe ended in a scum win.
Space Dandy ended in a scum win.
Varsoon Mafia ended in a scum win.
Micro 302: Return of the Silky ended in a Cult win.
Open 526: Lock, Stock, and Nine Smoking Barrels ended in a scum win.
Micro 277: The Silky ended in a Cult win.

Yup. This is the first game I have run where the town has won. How'about that?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2308 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:09 pm

Post by Titus »

But Titus is always scum.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2309 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:10 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 95, Elbirn wrote:
In post 91, Blackest Magick wrote:PokerFace here, I never played suikoden so I will be wiki-ing flavor stuff as needed

@Elbirn,
who are your scum buddies?

You, lickety, and uhm..whoever that guy was who voted me in page 3. Not brantz, the other one.

*Cough*
Hey Elbirn, let's hydra or play on the same team sometime down the road.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2310 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:13 pm

Post by Suzune »

In post 2308, Titus wrote:But Titus is always scum.
honestly I always assume that. I just assume you are never on my team.
FireKari
FireKari
Goon
FireKari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2311 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:15 pm

Post by FireKari »

Yay! Town win!! XD We rly put a lot of effort into this game and are very happy to finish our last game on a win. =) If anyone wants to see the hydra PT, is cool with us if it is ok with fire. Will look at PTs 2moro and make a wrap-up post, but headed to bed right now.

Very fun game Varsoon, thanks for modding! =) A lil sad we won't be around for the Rick and Morty game but owell, we rly enjoyed this one.
Hydra of Firebringer and Yukari
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2312 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:16 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

GG, Town. You're a tough crowd. :]

In post 2292, Drixx wrote:

KlingonCelt is a female, btw, ... .

Not only that, if you look at my role PM (), imagine Yoshino middle aged, a bit fatter, with a bit of grey in the hair and she looks a lot like me. In other words, she looks a lot like I did in my 30s.

@KlingonCelt - Why the vig claim? You couldn't produce an extra kill and therefore it would take a very bad town for that claim to get you to the win. I'm interested in what your plan was to get to M/Lylo and have a shot to win. (I haven't played a lot of scum games in all the years I've been playing forum mafia ... way less than the odds would suggest I should have, so I'm always curious to learn from people's scum games).

There's a saying: "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit." With just me left alive there was pretty much no way I could win, so I was just pulling nonsense out of my butt, trying to stay alive as long as possible and taking down as many Townies as I could.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2313 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:17 pm

Post by wgeurts »

My town game was great this game. Am I improving?
Good game, this was great and was enjoyable.
When's your next game Varsoon?
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2314 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:19 pm

Done with the dead thread.

Titus, the talk about draws was to put pressure on scum to keep killing. A skipped kill at the wrong time would have easily put town in a 4 man mylo, with no ability to protect any conftowns, and thus give us the lowest chance to win. I wanted to avoid that scenario by incentivizing scum to keep killing by asking varsoon to explicitly state what would happen if they didn't keep killing. Well, to be precise, I knew scum not killing could be a problem after the masons were dead(a suzune, ranger, kc, elbirn lylo could have been disastrous), but Drixx came up with the idea of asking about the results of no kills and happily ever after in thread as a means by which we could get scum to not skip any kills, while we presented a lot of Wifom to encourage them to make bad kills out of fear of wasting their shots.

-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2315 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:22 pm

Post by Varsoon »

The next two games I have on the horizon are
Parasyte Mafia (A Large theme game based on the anime and manga of the same name)
and
Steven Universe Prequel (A 13 player game based on the world of Steven Universe).

After that, I'll likely be running another Varsoon Mafia (large bastard), Rick & Morty Large Theme (also likely to have bastard mechanics), and Samurai Jack Large Theme.
So, yeah! Look forward to all that.
In the meantime, I'm actually not in any games anymore. So if you want me to play with you, let me know.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2316 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:23 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2311, FireKari wrote:Yay! Town win!! XD We rly put a lot of effort into this game and are very happy to finish our last game on a win. =) If anyone wants to see the hydra PT, is cool with us if it is ok with fire. Will look at PTs 2moro and make a wrap-up post, but headed to bed right now.

Very fun game Varsoon, thanks for modding! =) A lil sad we won't be around for the Rick and Morty game but owell, we rly enjoyed this one.

I definitely have no problem with this.

Yukari did awesome this game.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2317 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:23 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 2297, Firebringer wrote:The game was very hard for scum to win when you consider we had 2 masons, and then a double voter.
Hard for Kling to pick a NK even if she survived.

I would have killed Ranger to get rid of the roleblock, then either Wgeurts or Suzune the next night.

Scum was very weak. An extra vote, a doctor, and a single unblockable kill against a huge Town neighborhood with lots of power, it seems unbalanced to me. Maybe lose the Masons, or have a Judas in the mix...
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2318 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:25 pm

Remember Varsoon, I am pre-inned to all your games. Though, now that I think about it, I fel like that might be kinda crappy of me, since you'll always have the same people in all your games, which means new people won't get the chance to play in them. Hmm. :/

-Cerb
Show

Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #2319 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:26 pm

Post by Ranger »

Titus, dead PT wrote:So he's a dragon? Cool. [/joke]
I was actually super, super confused when everyone in-thread was calling Bright a dog. I even checked my role PM multiple times, going... "But...aren't
I
the dog?" I kept silence about it since I didn't want to give any flavor clues about what marking did, but needless to say, it was something I was constantly wondering about. :P
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2320 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:26 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 2304, Titus wrote:Oh and policy lynch Klingon if she doesn't take strong positions D1.

Belay that - I really was confused as all hell the first couple Days. :?
-
MiniDeathStar
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2321 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:29 pm

Extra vote is incredibly strong in a game this size though KC, and the town vig only hits scum if it targets bm when they're not commuting. Town could have been endgamed on D3, with 2 mislynches and the vig hitting kari, 4 town votes vs 4 scum votes.

I think, if the game was town favored, it was in that it shouldn't have had a cop. Pistachions JOAT with a watcher or tracker or some other weaker investigative than a cop would be a bit better, imo, with the existence of the masons.

-Cerb
Show

Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #2322 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:31 pm

Post by Ranger »

Varsoon wrote:Parasyte Mafia (A Large theme game based on the anime and manga of the same name)
Pre-in for this, btw.

Klingoncelt wrote:I would have killed Ranger to get rid of the roleblock, then either Wgeurts or Suzune the next night.
Nice to know my plan would have worked, though! (Let's say Elbirn was lynched, and you nightkilled me. By virtue of my role, FireKari would be mod-confirmed town, with both masons alive: leaving you in an auto-loss situation, five alive and three conftown.)

Also, I was rather pleased I instantly nailed both LQ and BM. In hindsight, I regret not having mentioned the BM suspicion the moment it came up, since instead of pointing at a post I explicitly had it, all I can do is point to where it was implied and go, "See here? See this ? Yeah, BM was one of the two others!" Alas. :(
(They were, but all you have is my word.)
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2323 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:40 pm

Post by Titus »

Sorry about the dog thing Varsoon. Kept getting confused with my own game. I had Sparky the dog.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2324 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:41 pm

Yep, you killing ranger was something that you never should have done. We needed ranger to die without wasting a lynch in order to confirm one more person. That was the missing piece of the puzzle, and the reason why I asked if her block would still happen if she was lynched. With a role that functioned as she claimed it did, if her block still worked that night, we could have lynched her tomorrow, while she blocked klingon (who would be unable to target her, and thus unable to have her action work), and suzune protected whichever mason lived, thus ensuring (I think?) that we'd have possibly two conftown alive or have a no kill that night with decent reason to suspect kc was the last scum (since fire wasn't an option to Drixx and myself.)

But, since your power was a lie, that whole plan wouldn't have worked. :p

-Cerb
Show

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”