DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2250 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:28 pm

Post by DTMaster »

NIK: Fuck. Yes it is. It is a normal doctor protect.

Future questions: I won one of the item lotteries if you are wondering about how I gained additional powers.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2251 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:12 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Fuck. I was mulling it over, but I'm going to full claim some info about my sword from a claim I just read.

I'll reveal what my item is. Its Harusame, so I have Yoh's sword. (Which kinda makes sense as a protect). My oversoul is a redirect, but I need to use my initial protection three times to redirect. I can't over soul anyways so I'm claiming this now. Why am I claiming this? I mirror one of the Ex-laws's claim. What I think my protect is:

it's probably 0%. Why? If the original owner is dead, it doesn't work.

If the original owner is alive, then I can protect successfully. What this means, it's possible that one of the Shaman King characters are scum, or I'm given a red herring item. I'm thinking the latter at the moment. I can't really test this unless S_B is willing to vig for me a target.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2252 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:15 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Just protect normally. If you miss your protect, it doesn't matter anyway. We can't protect-confirm people because of the number of bulletproofs, redirecters and protective roles floating around. If you stop a kill, then good job and stuff. If the person you're protecting dies, then you know it's a false item.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2253 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:23 pm

Post by DTMaster »

The only thing that buged the fuck out of me was Raj's claim (and Kat's claim after claiming results after Xine's claim and Dram's pretty much full claim yesterday)

1. Kat: Did you bread crumb your result on Dram's name to link to his White Knight Claim? I don't remember seeing one in the inital claim. If anything your result reads as withholding information before Dram's claim.
2. Raj, you successfully targeted Blaze? Like for real? No corrections on your target, actions still pending?

@Nikanor
If my protect does go through, however that means someone is lying. That's what bugs me. But since I don't have much to do I'll do normal protects.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2254 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:26 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Oh I forgot to add: Chrono, why the fuck didn't you Jail keep again?
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2255 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:08 pm

Post by Chronopie »

N1, you guys went from L-w/e to lynch overnight.

N2, mod-kill overnight.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2256 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:47 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Oh dear. So, my ability won't work this night because of the timing of the worship resolution....?
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2257 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:39 am

Post by ooba »

Back. Analyzing claims now. Will also comment on Nik's worship plan.

VV, nothing works tonight.

Tar wrote:DTMaster has limited shots left, so we're dependent on Snow_Bunny not dying
DTM wrote:Ability: I had a one shot kill.

Tar wrote:Double fuck - if I'm reading the rules right, BlazeRB's idiocy has cost me my daykill.
Tar wrote:Current role (received after choosing Mark Millar): Big Daddy (from Kick-Ass), Town (was Modified Lyncher* up until the beginning of Day 3). Abilities: Must bring a user from the replacement list into the game as Hit Girl (alignment mod confirmed, including mod confirmation that DTMaster's win condition also changed at the beginning of D3) before game start (used on DTMaster), Miller (note: wording on the ability suggests that Kinetic thought Big Daddy would be seen as scum by role name analysis), 1-shot bulletproof immunity (depleted N1), 1-shot nightkill (used on SaintKerrigan N1), death trigger (would kill me at the end of N3 except it's blocked by the global roleblock - I'm not sure if a N3 protection would have saved me or not), able to night talk with Hit Girl.
Why the inconsistency?
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2258 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:58 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Mod: VLA until next Tuesday. kthnxbie
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2259 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:50 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

So relying on Albert B. Rampage's census ability to verify anything about rajrhcpfreak is a poor idea for two reasons. The first is that there's no reason to think that we can count on Albert B. Rampage's ability working; day two is evidence of that. The second is that I don't think that there's a great reason to trust Albert B. Rampage's claims right now even if we were sure that the census would come through.

There are also multiple reasons why rajrhcpfreak's grave steal shouldn't be working like he says it will right now. BlazezRb isn't isn't in the graveyard and all abilities (even ongoing ones like the Limbo) are supposed to be canceled right now. Tomorrow when we've got BlazezRb's corpse still in the Unraveled from the Wheel category I suppose we're all supposed to believe rajrhcpfreak's cries that he had no idea that one of those two things (or something else) would stop his ability from working but that we should give him another day to prove that his abilities work how he says they do. He's stalling and we should be lynching him now as far as I'm concerned.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2260 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:11 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Regarding Albert B. Rampage's Census, Mina and Xite91 it is possible that Census works in a way that gets around the Limbo rule. The Limbo rule is very clear that roles can override the general rules and that might be happening here. There's also some chance that the Census ability doesn't count as targeting people for some reason (I'm not sure how it should interact with a redirect for example.) It's also possible that Xite91 (who isn't killable via lynch or night kill apparently) is exempt from the Census with his special win condition. I'm a bit more suspicious of that as Katy has the investigation result of some sort on the player spot so it's clearly not exempt from everything (unless Katy's lying which I'm not inclined to believe just now.) In any case I'm less certain after sleeping on it that we've certainly got something fishy going on. It's still pretty likely but there are options that I hadn't come up with yet.

On the whole I'm fairly distrustful of Albert B. Rampage in general though. I don't like his play this game. He's explained why he hasn't been about (and I can live with the explanation) but that doesn't make him particularly like to be town. I'm also leery of the fact that he was as unaware of the whole Godfather thing after I made an effort to see if he was paying close enough attention to have picked up on it (and the implication he gave was that he clearly had.) Throw in the miller claim and I've got him listed as a decent lynch at this point.

Along those lines, I'm a bit inclined to try to get our Majority Worship to the Norse Gods tonight. I'm not sure that I want Albert B. Rampage being able to recruit someone tomorrow and it looks like that's what will happen if we worship anyone else. I can live with an invulnerable Iecerint (who I'm if anything leaning slightly town on) for a day as a trade off. No one else is saying they've got an ability I couldn't live without for a day past that (though I do like getting the GOO up to 20% and having Nikanor putting another couple people in a QT.)

@Fate, I don't care for your claim much at all but you're still low on my list of priorities. Papa Zito might have more to say about it now but at this point you strike me personally as more of a neutral read with flighty/flippant overall play than someone who's worth focusing on.

@Mina, I did see your question to people in QT's. Clearly you should know my answer to your question (yes, I know the roles of people in the White Council QT) but it really looks like the other claimed QT from the start of the game (the Norse Gods' one) did not have that feature. I can't see any way for them to have known eachother's roles based on what's been said; they didn't even know who was in the QT at all.

@ooba, Faraday's role according to my role PM (where it lists the people in the White Council QT) is Harry Dresden. I think that essentially confirms him as mortal to me. I don't think that can be the source of the problem with the worship votes day one.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2261 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:16 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

No one is exempt from the census. There is no targeting. It never lies when it comes through and anyone trying to talkshit should be executed.

Zorblag is scum. Xite is scum. Vote them to lynch.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2262 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:16 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Unvote, Vote Mighty Orbots
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:21 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@Albert B. Rampage, we had 26 living players at the start of Day Two. Your Census gave 25 results. Clearly someone was exempt from it if you're telling the truth.

Further we've already trying lynching Xite91's player slot and it failed.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:26 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Yeah, I'm getting bad vibes from Orbots too. A lot of the scummy claims seem to be linked to him. :|
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:30 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@VasudeVa, interesting. Which claims would you say are scummy at this point? Which claims would you say are linked to me?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2266 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:44 am

Post by Parama »

I don't see how MO can be scum what with the global roleblock and all.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2267 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:48 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Faraday and S_B. There is also me suddenly appearing in your watch list. It's uncomfortable and I cannot make heads or tails of it.

The links are solid, and Tar's analysis is sound.

Although, this might be me being emotionally compromised(hmm..maybe too strong a word, but its something like that.) from realization of the possibility that you duped me with your play. (Since you were my intended target for protection.)
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2268 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:56 am

Post by ooba »

VasudeVa wrote:Faraday and S_B. There is also me suddenly appearing in your watch list. It's uncomfortable and I cannot make heads or tails of it.
If SB is Mafia, that means she shot her godfather.
If SB is SK, that means you should be ready to lynch ABR since his census did not have an SK alignment.

@MO, I think my other two posts give the worship calculations for both days. I no longer doubt Faraday regarding worship.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #2269 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:57 am

Post by Faraday »

It's possible S_B didn't target her godfather and my re-direct made her kill him, I don't think that's THAT likely at this point but it's a possibillity at least.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2270 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:58 am

Post by ooba »

ebwop: I forgot the redirect claim which means SB is not cleared of being Mafia. But since Faraday did the redirect, he cannot be Mafia. Hence Faraday and SB cannot be mafia together.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2271 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:59 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@VasudeVa, hmm, I'd think that there should be more suspicious players than that offhand. I agree about Snow_Bunny at this point (especially from your perspective) and I've been a bit up and down about Faraday myself but given the conversation we had in the QT last night and the fact that inHimshallibe was apparently the Godfather I'm fairly convinced he's town now from my overall information.

As for the links to Snow_Bunny, I guess watching counts as a link. I was pretty surprised myself when you claimed to have protected me after my result and now I'm particularly happy that we've done the mass claim while the scum couldn't talk in a QT. It means that the first explanation that I came up with doesn't work and probably you or she is not being upfront about something. Had the scum been able to chat in a QT I'm pretty sure one of them would have covered the redirect story to keep me (and thus the rest of us) in the dark.

Right now I think that you're more likely to be town out of those two spots so do keep thinking things through. Being suspicious of me is fine in this case but I wonder what you think my motives would have been to give a watch result that showed you on someone other than me if I were scum? I guess I could just be trying to confuse things overall but I don't think that fits well with the rest of my play. Perhaps others would disagree though.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2272 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:53 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

So the cider I've had this morning has been delicious and inspired questionable judgment. As such here's my list of current thoughts in thread before Papa Zito has had a chance to talk with me about it in our QT:

Town reads: Tarhalindur*
DTMaster*
Katy
Mina
VasudeVa**
Faraday
Albatross
DarkStalker***
Parama

Leaning town but largely neutral: Nikanor
AdumbroDeus
Iecerint

Third Part but harmless (or better) reads: Pomegranate
Xite91

Probaby Scum: rajrhcpfreak
Albert B. Rampage****
Snow_Bunny**

Possibly Scum: dramonic
totallynotmafia
chronopie

Somewhere in the middle: ooba*****
Fate****

*: If inHimshallibe doesn't end up being the godfather after a couple days Tarhalindur and DTMaster get a whole new classification
**: If Snow_Bunny is town then VasudeVa almost certainly isn't
***: I know that Papa Zito would put DarkStalker in another category. I don't think that scum would claim both of his one shot worship abilities when they each have so much potential to cause trouble for town if used when we weren't aware of them.
****: If Albert B. Rampage isn't scum then Fate has a better chance of being scum
*****: Again, Papa Zito is more suspicious of ooba than I am. I might put him in the leaning town category if it weren't for that.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2273 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:57 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Faraday wrote:It's possible S_B didn't target her godfather and my re-direct made her kill him, I don't think that's THAT likely at this point but it's a possibillity at least.
This is what I've been thinking. Scum redirector redirected my protect on her coz she's mafia. Faraday redirected her kill on inHim. She claims inHim was her primary target for town points. (I think I posted this in my S_B vote post.).

Faraday would be autotown for that redirect, but Tar's analysis is making me think otherwise.

---

Hmm.. I guess I'm being paranoid again.
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2274 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:25 am

Post by Katy »

Nikanor wrote: Iec's ability is useless (deathproof, woohoo. More like vigproof). Since it's just him and ABR in that group, you'd have to have a decent reason for thinking that Iec being deathproof is more important than ABR's census for people to follow a Norse worship plan.
And about me directing people how to vote... I asked for input, didn't I? You're not even helping with the plan. You're like that guy who doesn't vote in the federal election and then wonders why Bush Jr. gets elected a second time.
Look, I wasn't accusing you of anything when I said I didn't like one guy directing people how to vote, I just would prefer if more people give input on who votes for who if they also feel this would be a useful tool for evaluating the game. I don't really have input myself on who should worship who because this tool doesn't help me at all--I don't think I can find scum from it. I would be just as happy if we picked who we want to have worship and just direct everyone to vote for that faction.
The only thing that buged the fuck out of me was Raj's claim (and Kat's claim after claiming results after Xine's claim and Dram's pretty much full claim yesterday)

1. Kat: Did you bread crumb your result on Dram's name to link to his White Knight Claim? I don't remember seeing one in the inital claim. If anything your result reads as withholding information before Dram's claim.
I claimed my result on Orto/Xite way before he claimed anything. If you iso me, you can see that I stated my result on him about 8 jillion times before he ever claimed.

I did talk about my result on Dramonic before he claimed here in response to Mina:
Hmm ... I have some info about Dram and my reaction is the same yours as regards not understanding how flavor fits with abilities. My info is fairly vague though, and doing some research, I came up with a possibility (having something to do with Batman), but I don't know anything for sure. The info I got doesn't really tell me anything about his alignment either. I mean, it sounds good, like a townie kind of thing, but it's far from clear how the flavor works with alignments in this game at this point
Dramonic had already claimed to Mina and she could tell what my result was just from what I said there:
Mina wrote:Katy, I'm pretty sure I know what it is you know about dramonic...and nope, it isn't a Batman reference. According to dramonic, it's far more obvious than that.
The breadcrumb is the reference to Batman. When I was trying to figure out how my result squared with Dram's claim about his powers I googled white knight and one of the references I got was Harvey Dent from Batman, which I thought might fit with the "interrogation room" thing that was being claimed.
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”