Argoti
Argoti
Goon
Argoti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:30 pm

Post by Argoti »

I gave my role right after I noticed the post. Yeah, I should have made a full claim, but I did within 7 minutes.

I'm suspicious of max, since both he and Shadow nenver posted much with content. Infact, the most useful thing they posted was the role claim.

korais looks suspicious too, but max is who I'm leaning towards being scum.
The End is near? Meh.
max22
max22
Townie
max22
Townie
Townie

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:22 am

Post by max22 »

Fos: IndenturedDjinn
because in rereading the topic I remembered that he was adamant about DK not being a normal townie. I should've said this sooner, but whatever. :?
indentureddjinn
indentureddjinn
Goon
indentureddjinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:28 am

Post by indentureddjinn »

I've always said that DK was not a normal townie, and that's been my opinion. Why would you bring it up when I always have said that DK was not a normal townie?

Is this a ploy to mislead people into voting for me, or did something come across that made me look suspiciou? I've always said I had doubts DK was townie, and I got on Argoti's case because he gave a name claim...when some (at least mine) claims had what the role did in them.

Fos: max22
"na hanyate hanyamane sarire"
-Chapter 2, verse 20 Bhagavada Gita
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/2469/irvington9zs.jpg
max22
max22
Townie
max22
Townie
Townie

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:48 pm

Post by max22 »

But what are you basing that opinion on? Just the fact that you don't think DK would be a townie?
Argoti
Argoti
Goon
Argoti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:51 pm

Post by Argoti »

ID, you do know you're already voting for max22 right?
The End is near? Meh.
indentureddjinn
indentureddjinn
Goon
indentureddjinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:53 am

I do now
can we get a little more movement out of people please?
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:55 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

I agree with indentureddjinn, we need more movement from people. So, to encourage more posting, you now have a
Deadline: Monday, June 28, at 9:00 PST
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
Argoti
Argoti
Goon
Argoti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:45 am

Post by Argoti »

Well, that sure attracted people.

Vote max22

Maybe that'll get some discussion going.
The End is near? Meh.
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:50 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

Note: Deadline is 9:00pm PST.
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
indentureddjinn
indentureddjinn
Goon
indentureddjinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:56 pm

deadline passed?
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:02 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

9:00pm PST on Monday, June 28. You still have 6 days.

korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:50 am

Post by korais666 »

Sorry, had finals, but now schools out! (and bonus will be starting! yay! but that's neither here nor there)

Anyways, I think we should just make an educated guess, go for the last-ditch effort. It doesn't seem like we're going to get any new info at this point.
vote: max22
Holy crap, I forgot this site existed.
-Me, 2/25/08
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:37 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

Max22 - (indentureddjinn, Argoti, korais666)

The day began with a flurry of accusations which slowly died down as the town realized just how little leads they had. However, after the chancellor announced a deadline, two quick votes put an end to the slow discussion.

The town marched max22 down to the gallows, prepared the noose, and hung him.

After the execution, a search of max22's house revealed a large stash of bananas. As it turns out, max22 really was Donkey Kong, who really was a townie.

max22 (Donkey Kong/townie) lynched day 4.

It is now Night 5. Please send in night choices.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:42 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

As night fell, two members of the town headed to their houses to get some sleep. The third stayed awake to do his dirty work.

The shadowy figure passed through some dark alleys mumbling in a deranged voice:

“All they ever do is just sit on me. Climb on my back and ride me around everywhere like I’m just some sort of vehicle. Well I’ll show them. Tonight, I finally get my revenge!”

The figure laughed maniacally as he made his way toward Toad’s house.

Toad (korais666), a connoisseur of mushrooms such as the much valued 1-Up mushroom, was pacing about house. On other nights, he could have given the 1-Up mushroom to others and given them an extra life, but he had greedily kept the mushroom to himself fearing that it might have fallen into the wrong hands. But, he knew that a mafia takeover was imminent, so he reached into his cabinet and grabbed the 1-Up mushroom.

“This should keep the mafia from getting me,” he said as he took a big bite out of the green-spotted mushroom.

As Toad felt the live imbuing effects of the 1-Up mushroom wash over him, he heard a knocking at the door. Suddenly, a hundred purple flying monkeys burst into the door! Unbeknownst to Toad, the mafia had replaced the 1-Up mushroom with a very powerful hallucinogenic ‘shroom. Toad frantically ran stumbling around the room under attack from the imaginary primates. He reached into the closet again to pull out his bazooka and blast those monkeys back to the kingdom of purple flying monkeys.

Unfortunately for Toad, using a bazooka in close quarters is not a good idea.

The explosion from Toad’s house shook the entire kingdom. Koopa Troopa (indentureddjinn), hiding in his shell, heard the blast and figured that the mafia had done their kill for the night. Checking his watch, he saw that day had begun. So, he peaked his head out of his shell, only to be greeted by a nice, moist tongue, which quickly slurped him up.

Yoshi (Argoti) let out a satisfying belch as he walked out of Koopa Troopa’s house. Finally, he had accomplished his goal. No more Mario Brothers. Yoshi pulled out his cell phone and called up his agent. With everyone else dead, Nintendo had no choice but to make him the next star.

korais666 (Toad/One-Shot 1-Up Doc) killed in endgame.
indentureddjinn (Koopa Troopa/Turtle) killed in endgame.

Argoti (Yoshi/Mafia Traitor), congratulations, you are the Superstar!

GAME OVER

Argoti
Argoti
Goon
Argoti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:46 pm

Post by Argoti »

Game, Set, Match. "Yo-shi!"

Anyway, I want to thank ID and korais666 for helping kill max22, and everyone else who contributed to this win.

Gnome, sorry man, but you had to die so I could win.

I loved that twilight kill ability Yggdrasil. It was a fun game to play. Loved every minute of it.
The End is near? Meh.
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:51 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Game Summary:

Argoti (Yoshi/Mafia Traitor) Wins!

mlaker (Princess Peach/mafia) killed night 1
PBuG (Bowser/cop) killed night 1
Ashes (Wario/vigilante) lynched day 1
Maverick (Boo/invisible townie) killed night 2
Prizm (Princess Daisy/cop) lynched day 2
Banana Bob (Mario/townie) killed night 3.
Mr_Gnome_It_All (Luigi/Mafia) killed twilight of day 3.
sycko999 (Dr. Mario/Doctor) killed night 4.
max22 (Donkey Kong/townie) lynched day 4.
korais666 (Toad/One-Shot 1-Up Doc) killed in endgame.
indentureddjinn (Koopa Troopa/Turtle) killed in endgame.

Roles:

You are Mario: (Banana Bob)
Mama mia! Bad guys are on the loose in the Mushroom Kingdom, and it is your job to stop them. As the hero of the Mushroom Kingdom, you must help eliminate the mafia by voting to lynch players each night. You win when all the mafia have been lynched.

You are Toad: (korais666)
What’s this? People are going around killing? Luckily you have one extra life mushroom available. At night, you can submit to me the name of the person to whom you would like to give the mushroom. That player will be protected against one night kill or lynch. You win when no mafia are left.

You are Princess Daisy: (Prizm)
With the mafia spreading panic around the Mushroom Kingdom, its up to you to find out just what everyone is up to. Each night you may investigate one player and see whether they are good or evil. You win when all the mafia are dead.

You are Bowser: (PBuG)
Chaos has befallen the Mushroom Kingdom. And guess what? This time its not your fault. In fact, you are quite angry that someone else is out to kill Mario. So, using your connections with the criminal underworld, you can see who has been involved in some shady deals. Each night you may investigate one player and see whether they are mafia or not. You win when all the mafia are gone.

You are Dr. Mario: (sycko999)
When people are dying, its your job to save them. Each night you may submit to me the name of a player you would like to protect. You win when no mafia remain living.

You are Wario: (Ashes)
Yay, mafia members are out in the Mushroom Kingdom trying to kill people. Finally, you can get your revenge on Mario. But, wait... the mafia is after you, too! Well, your skills as a villain might come in handy. Each night, you may submit to me the name of a player who you would like to kill. When all of the mafia and Mario are dead, you win.

You are Boo: (Maverick)
Being a ghost has a distinct advantage; at night, you are nearly invisible and very hard to find. Whenever someone targets you at night, they have a 50% chance of succeeding. You win when the mafia has been eliminated.

You are Donkey Kong: (max22)
Although you used to be Mario’s enemy and kidnap Princess Peach, you’ve given up your evil ways after getting your own video game series (your agent says it’s bad PR to be kidnaping princesses). So, everyday you can vote to lynch someone. When all the mafia are gone, you win.

You are Koopa Troopa: (indentureddjinn)
Who is killing who? What’s all this voting going on? Who’s trying to take over the Mushroom Kingdom? Sometimes you wish you could just stay inside your shell sometimes. Luckily, you can. Once per game, you may decide to hide inside your shell, protecting you from anyone who would try to murder you at night. When no mafia remain, you win.

You are Luigi: (Mr_Gnome_It_All)
You are sick and tired of being Mario’s sidekick. It’s always Super
Mario
Brothers.
Mario
Kart.
Mario
Party. Well, now its time for your revenge. You, Princess Peach (mlaker), and Yoshi (Argoti) have formulated a plot to take over the Mushroom Kingdom and kill Mario. Each night one of you will submit to me the name of a player you want to kill. You win when everyone else is dead.

You are Princess Peach: (mlaker)
You’re tired of all these sexist video games. Men are always the stars of everything. When are you going to get a chance to star in your own video game? Well, you might get that chance soon. You, Luigi (Mr_Gnome_It_All), and Yoshi (Argoti) have formulated a plot to take over the Mushroom Kingdom. Each night one of you will submit to me the name of a player you want to kill. You win when everyone else is dead.

You are Yoshi: (Argoti)
You wish that Mario and Luigi would just get off of your back. All they do is treat you like a mode of transportation. But, dinosaurs have feelings too. Now, you can get revenge on the Mario Brothers. Luigi (Mr_Gnome_It_All), and Princess Peach (mlaker) have enlisted you in their plot to take over the Mushroom Kindgom and kill Mario. Each night one of you will submit to me the name of a player you want to kill. In addition, once per game during the day, you can submit to me the name of a player you wish to kill during twilight. You win when all the town and Luigi are dead.

Questions, comments, complaints?

Argoti
Argoti
Goon
Argoti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:54 pm

Post by Argoti »

Was Daisy's "good/evil" based off of the games (Like Super Mario Brothers) or for this game?
The End is near? Meh.
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:57 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Yup. Daisy's good/evil results would not have anything to do with whether the character was mafia or not. It would only say whether the character was considered a good guy or bad guy in the games.

Argoti
Argoti
Goon
Argoti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:06 pm

Post by Argoti »

Argoti wrote:sycko, are you able to protect yourself?
As soon as I said this I freaked out. I figured I'd be pegged. Surprised NOBODY used this against me...
The End is near? Meh.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:39 pm

Post by Mgm »

In addition, once per game during the day, you can submit to me the name of a player you wish to kill during twilight. You win when all the town and Luigi are dead.
That was a horrible win condition to kill your only henchman to win. Couldn't you just convince him to sacrifice himself in the end game, Argoti?

Nevertheless, well played, I thought you were pretty innocent.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:59 pm

Post by korais666 »

I dunno, I kind of liked it.

I'm not entirely sure why you claimed the vig kill wasn't you, though. Lucky for you I chose not to vote for you anyways, but if you had said "yes, I used my vig powers to kill a mafia member," that would have pretty much confirmed you innocent.

Nice job otherwise, though.

Also: I don't think the game should have ended just yet, since in theory, argoti could have been stupid and attacked ID, who I was planning on giving the mushroom to, then we would have lynched argoti tomorrow, but I guess that probably wouldn't have happened so never mind[/spitballing]
-Me, 2/25/08
Argoti
Argoti
Goon
Argoti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:22 pm

Post by Argoti »

It went into night, and I killed you korais.

I didn't claim the kill because, as I saw it, it would make me look mafia since I just "happened" to hit a mafia member...

I was thinking of attacking ID and then getting you lynched on Day 5, but I figured it would be easier to just kill you.
The End is near? Meh.
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:31 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

korais666 wrote: Also: I don't think the game should have ended just yet, since in theory, argoti could have been stupid and attacked ID, who I was planning on giving the mushroom to, then we would have lynched argoti tomorrow, but I guess that probably wouldn't have happened so never mind[/spitballing]
Just to make you feel better. I went into night and waited for Argoti to send me his kill before I ended the game.

indentureddjinn
indentureddjinn
Goon
indentureddjinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:05 pm

ah I could've protected myself! How stupid
korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:03 am

Post by korais666 »

Yes, I could have protected you too, which I "did." The issue is that neither of us could protect me (I couldn't 'shroom myself), and Argoti knew it, so he killed me. My "complaint" was that he *might* have been stupid and attacked you anyways, but that's ridiculous, of course he hit me.
-Me, 2/25/08

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”