I love the 90's Cartoon Mafia - replacement / spectate

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:36 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

In post 223, BabyBlue wrote:Not for me, there isn't. If I drop out, I don't get to play anything else.

How does this work?
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:41 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

Perhaps for comparison: in the time it takes for me to read one of the pages in this signup thread, another page of posts gets added.

I can post usually twice a RL day. Reading takes time though. Happy with the 30 posts/RL day rule, could easily go down as low as 10, as far as I am concerned.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:47 am

Post by PMysterious »

I think the argument is finally over. Well, good luck everyone. :wink:
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:50 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 223, BabyBlue wrote:Not for me, there isn't. If I drop out, I don't get to play anything else.

Newbie Queue, always taking sign-ups
Open Queue, currently with two games taking sign-ups
Mini Normal Queue, currently with one game taking sign-ups
Mini Theme Queue, currently with two games taking sign-ups
Then the whole Queue forum has the threads of all Large Normals and Large Themes taking sign-ups, including this one. (Though I really recommend keeping to smaller games for a while when you start out, I know I was overwhelmed by the number of interactions! But that's obviously up to you to decide.)
And finally, the Replacement List, which always needs people willing to replace into games.

As you see, there are plenty of opportunities, of all kinds, to try other games if this one's rules do not suit you.
BabyBlue
BabyBlue
Goon
BabyBlue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:55 am

Post by BabyBlue »

No, there aren't. This will be used against me, and I've been denied sign-ups to many games. Plus, I will never go through the pain of playing a Mini again. Took that advise once, and it was a mistake to do so.

This thread shows exactly what will happen in the game thread. How are we supposed to play if we have to worry about our post count and stop posting before we've said everything we need to?
I'm new here-get over it.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:59 am

Post by redFF »

so many bullies in this thread
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:01 am

Post by PMysterious »

@BabyBlue: My advice.
1. Get to the point
OR
2. Post big posts.

That is all

@redFF: So many bullies? How would you say that? I even tried to break the argument up, but to no prevail.
BabyBlue
BabyBlue
Goon
BabyBlue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:03 am

Post by BabyBlue »

I DO get to the point and make big posts, and it doesn't help in a game this size.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:05 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 229, BabyBlue wrote:No, there aren't. This will be used against me, and I've been denied sign-ups to many games. Plus, I will never go through the pain of playing a Mini again. Took that advise once, and it was a mistake to do so.

This thread shows exactly what will happen in the game thread. How are we supposed to play if we have to worry about our post count and stop posting before we've said everything we need to?

Large games are far more likely than Minis to break into chaos and drama, for your information.

Again, if you cannot deal with the rule, the solution is simple: drop out of this game, then wait and/or look for other opportunities to play. Repeatedly complaining about it will not change the mods' decision.
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:11 am

Post by PMysterious »

@BabyBlue: Actually it can. Are you sure is doesn't? If it doesn't, there must be something wrong.

@Tierce: Don't try to influence others. Only that person can make his/her decision. I can't change it, you can't change it, no one else except for that one person can change that one person's decision.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:15 am

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 206, BabyBlue wrote:No. Because this is cruel and wrong.
I've been struggling to be accepted,
and then a host with a grudge makes a rule like this.
I CAN'T play the game like this.
Posting is a crucial part of the game. How am I supposed to play without being able to voice my opinion or defend myself? This rule is offensive, ruins the game,
and it takes all the fun out of it for me
In post 209, BabyBlue wrote:
I think he wants to make me drop out, so Matt and Aru can have a celebration and call me a few more derogatory names, while all three of them can spread the tale so I lose even more respect on this site.
And if you think no one is bullying me, you need to reread everything that's been going on.
In post 220, BabyBlue wrote:
You are not constantly attacked and degraded, I'd assume.
There is no way out of this for me.
Playing with the rule, is not possible, especially with Matt and Aru. Their participation already means this game be unpleasant for me, full of name-calling, and they will just not let me play like they always do. This unjust rule and the reason why it was created further dampens my enthusiasm for this game.
And if I don't play
, then not only do I not get to play a game I've been waiting for a while for, but
I won't be able to play any future games.
This might not mean anything to you,
but it means a lot to me
In post 229, BabyBlue wrote:No, there aren't.
This will be used against me,
and I've been denied sign-ups to many games. Plus,
I will never go through the pain of playing a Mini again.
Took that advise once, and it was a mistake to do so.

This thread shows exactly what will happen in the game thread.
How are we supposed to play if we have to worry about our post count and stop posting before we've said everything we need to?

This is a textbook case of a very large, very uncontrolled persecution complex.

DNFTT.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
BabyBlue
BabyBlue
Goon
BabyBlue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:16 am

Post by BabyBlue »

The rule is unjust and could ruin the game, so I will continue to stand against it. If a person plans to replace, they should keep tabs on what is going on in the game, just in case, or be willing to read through pages and pages. Otherwise, they shouldn't sign up for that. And why should it matter how many posts we make, so long as they are relevant to the game? A lot of posts does not equal spam.

Nobody, you know nothing about what I've been going through here, and your post reeks of trolling.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:21 am

Post by Nobody Special »

If it walks like a duck, etc.

Also, I know precisely what you've been going through. I have (for whatever reason) read every single post you've made on this site thus far.

Also, I played in a game with you.
....what?

Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:27 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 236, BabyBlue wrote:The rule is unjust and could ruin the game, so I will continue to stand against it. If a person plans to replace, they should keep tabs on what is going on in the game, just in case, or be willing to read through pages and pages. Otherwise, they shouldn't sign up for that. And why should it matter how many posts we make, so long as they are relevant to the game? A lot of posts does not equal spam.

The rule will not change by you standing against it. Therefore, continuing to complain about it is pointless. See above regarding right and privilege.

As I said before: farside22 and Zajnet have every right to make rules as they see fit, and other games have had post restrictions and not suffered from them. You need to understand this, and then choose what you want to do with that understanding, knowing that the rule will not be changed because you want it to.

Again, you being part of this game is a privilege, not a right, and you should not act like it is the latter.
BabyBlue
BabyBlue
Goon
BabyBlue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:28 am

Post by BabyBlue »

Then it's a shame that's what you say, NS.

Rules will never change unless people stand against them. Being able to post IS a right, so longer as you are a member. Denying us such a basic right and demanding we not play the game to the best of our ability is wrong.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:32 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

In post 239, BabyBlue wrote:Then it's a shame that's what you say, NS.

Rules will never change unless people stand against them. Being able to post IS a right, so longer as you are a member. Denying us such a basic right and demanding we not play the game to the best of our ability is wrong.

Unfortunately, no one's going to stand with you because we all think the rule's reasonable.

Games aren't a democracy. None of us voted on the rule. None of us can stand against it. The only way you can protest is leaving - and it'd be such a shame if you left.
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:36 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 234, PMysterious wrote:@Tierce: Don't try to influence others. Only that person can make his/her decision. I can't change it, you can't change it, no one else except for that one person can change that one person's decision.

I would just like her to come to terms with her own decision. Currently BabyBlue sits on a limbo, claiming that the rule is unfair and detracts from her ability to play the game. However, a game should be fun for those involved--so it makes me wonder what she is trying to do by insisting on doing something she would take little pleasure in. I'm showing her that there are alternatives to being in a situation she visibly dislikes and could still be fun.

In post 239, BabyBlue wrote:Rules will never change unless people stand against them. Being able to post IS a right, so longer as you are a member. Denying us such a basic right and demanding we not play the game to the best of our ability is wrong.

It does not work this way. Being able to post is a right,
as long
as you uphold the game rules as instituted by the mods. In this case, they require you to compress your thoughts to 30 posts every 24 hours. It may be a challenge for some, true. But it is a perfectly valid rule, they are within their right to make it, and as a player it is up to you to decide whether or not you want to play in a game with this rule in place.
BabyBlue
BabyBlue
Goon
BabyBlue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:41 am

Post by BabyBlue »

I'm sure people would be beside themselves as I did what this rule and their bullying intended and left.

Tierce, you just said it. A game is supposed to be fun. It's bad enough I have to deal with two players that harass me non-stop and refuse to let me play. But how am I supposed to have fun knowing that this rule was created because of me, falsely calling my posts "spam"? How am I supposed to have fun if my playstyle is not allowed? If I can't defend myself? If I have to worry about post count on top of everything else?

You honestly think contributing to the game, no matter how actively, is spam?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:45 am

Post by Nobody Special »

With so many other games available on this site
right this very minute,
I fail to see how your insistence in staying in this game despite the existence of a rule you claim is very unfair, is anything other than grandstanding and attention-seeking.
....what?

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:46 am

Post by Porochaz »

Guys, time to stop poking the bear now. Thanks. Your not being productive anymore. Even if you think you are.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
BabyBlue
BabyBlue
Goon
BabyBlue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:47 am

Post by BabyBlue »

It's not. There are no other games I can sign up for, and THIS is the game I've been waiting to get into and fill.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:47 am

Post by MattP »

I have an idea. We just stop responding since BB has selective hearing and will NEVER respond the way anyone can agree to.

Then we let Farside decide the best course of action.

Ok?
SlappyKrust
Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:48 am

Post by Guy_Named_Riggs »

Okay, seriously. Baby, do you do anything else than this? I'm pretty sure I've said it, and it's already been said here, you get defensive too easily, too quickly. There's a difference between deffending yourself from a case made against you and defending yourself over small things. You need to calm down, and take a break. To quote the musical Footloose, "Count to ten, man! Mama says just count to ten." Take a deep breath breath, calm down, write down response, save draft, come back later for it. Respond to other posts, make one large post.
Have you even tried survivor's advice? Taking the time to post can go a long way.

That being said, I'm perfectly alright with this rule.

EDIT: Don't make assumptions. Far never came out and said "I made this rule because BabyBlue posts WAY too much and I'm getting annoyed over it. So to piss her off, no one can make more than 30 posts per REAL LIFE day." If she had, people may be taking your side. You shouldn't have to worry about a post count if you follow survior's advice. Try this, 1 post per hour. I think more people would be fine reading a WoT then 30+ plus from one person over a 5 hr time period.

EDIT2:Thought of this just now. Have you also tried answering questions directed at you? It would prevent a lot of this "bullying" that you claim. I saw an example where people you asking you to answer their question (nicely), you wouldn't, so they got mad, then you accussed them of bullying you. Makes no sense.

EDIT3: Sounds good after I make this post.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:49 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 242, BabyBlue wrote:I'm sure people would be beside themselves as I did what this rule and their bullying intended and left.

Tierce, you just said it. A game is supposed to be fun. It's bad enough I have to deal with two players that harass me non-stop and refuse to let me play. But how am I supposed to have fun knowing that this rule was created because of me, falsely calling my posts "spam"? How am I supposed to have fun if my playstyle is not allowed? If I can't defend myself? If I have to worry about post count on top of everything else?

If you believe it will not be fun, your best choice may be not to play. Why would you inflict such a torment on yourself over a game?

LastSurvivor put it best: this is not a democracy. The rules are as they are, and if you do not believe they are adequate to your playstyle, the answer is not to change the rules, but your participation choice.

You clearly seem to be tormented by this and the logical conclusion, from my point of view, is rather simple: do not take part in a game that you foresee will not bring you enjoyment.

I have shown you links to the different games you could join, and I am willing to help you further via PM. I am going to stop replying to this thread, since this conversation has long deviated from the queue thread's intent.
BabyBlue
BabyBlue
Goon
BabyBlue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:49 am

Post by BabyBlue »

And Matt continues to further prove what I'm talking about.

Return to “Completed Signups”