Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Feb 05, 2003 8:40 am

Post by Werebear »

I protected mathcam last night, with my last protect. Why this happened... I don't know.

Guesses:
1) He protected himself, and anyone double protected ODs
2) My last protect was a killer protect (I was not told such, or I would not have used it)
3) Someone has some amazing ability that they haven't used until now that gets past docs.

I think 3 is pretty far out, but I will say of all the things I thought I'd see when this day started, this possibilty hadn't even entered my mind.
MatthewV
MatthewV
Ninja
MatthewV
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Feb 05, 2003 2:11 pm

Post by MatthewV »

dang i died :(

spooky night, wish i was alive. (great game too)
Disclaimer: This informatin may not be used against me in any way, shape, size or form.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:58 pm

Post by Sugar »

Just a bit more speculation on mathcam: I was following another mini (19 I believe) in which the cop was "drug addicted", meaning that he could choose to use drugs at night to get a double investigation. The down side was that he'd look guilty to anybody investigating him. Maybe mathcam had a choice to use drugs to enhance his ability, knowing that there could be a penalty? Death, however, seems extreme...
[color=#500000] [size=75]Man! Today is so loopy! - The Tick[/size][/color]
mikegoo
mikegoo
Watcher
mikegoo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:24 pm

Post by mikegoo »

Bleh...not what I had in mind for the start of the day either.

Crazy idea (not sure where this one is coming from and am darn sure that it is completely useless)... killer who only wants to kill the doc (or anyone who claims to be a doc). Now of course I have no way of seeing how he could win the game, but it's fun to think about these things.

Ok, back to the drawing board.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:40 am

Post by Werebear »

REMAINING:
Werebear
cuban smoker
mikegoo
Sugar

a few problems, Sugar, mikegoo-

Sugar - He would have told us about the ‘drugs’ when he claimed doc. There was no reason not to.
mikegoo - the problem with that theory is I protected him... now we're talking a role that kills doctors even if they're protected by other doctors.

Looking at voting records is not helping much. Nyar was hanged on three people - two of which were Cuban Smoker and Sugar. Either could have changed their vote at the last minute and hung mathcam. That leaves mikegoo as most suspicious.

HOWEVER – Beaudoin was hung with all three of you voting for him. This sure doesn’t help ME (or my case) any, but it might give some perspective.

Nyar’s Hanging -
Cuban Smoker wrote: Moving on: innocent people attack their accusers, while guilty people attack the evidence (or in this case, lack thereof). vote: Nyarlathotep.

Sugar wrote: Unvote: mathcam
Vote: Nyarlathotep

Beaudoin, mafia wrote: After reading through the thread, I wasn't completely convinced of mathcam's innocence, but Nyar did look more and more guilty to me. Vote: Nyarlathotep

and Nyarlathotep was hung, on the vote of a mafia.

Beaudoin’s Hanging –
Cuban Smoker wrote: I am unimpressed with mikegoo, but I say we whack Beaudoin. He's apparently lurking, and I've had bad feelings for quite sometime, given his limited posting.
unvote: mikegoo
vote: Beaudoin

mikegoo wrote: Ok...I'll go along with the Beaudoin idea. unvote: mathcam, vote: beaudoin

Sugar wrote: I'll cast the final vote. But here are some thoughts:
If Beaudoin is the bad guy we suspect him to be, wasn't Werebear more than a bit hesitant to lynch? But then, if Beaudoin is innocent... maybe we should have a closer look at those out for his blood (yes, I realize that includes me). I'm looking closer at MatthewV and mikegoo, based on their posts this game day.
Vote: Beaudoin

Sugar and I both said the same thing – we were going to wait for Beaudoin to post before hanging him, as we had time before the deadline. Of you three, I find mikegoo most suspicious.
mikegoo
mikegoo
Watcher
mikegoo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:07 am

Post by mikegoo »

If there is only one killing role left and the town misses its lynch today (provided Werebear didn't save his last save and is trying to mislead the mafia) don't we lose?
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:46 am

Post by Sugar »

Werebear: mathcam may not have shared any "drug addiction" information with us if he'd hoped to get in an extra protection (or something similar) last night, in hopes of messing up the Mafia's plans. But of course, that's just a guess, I'm likely way off.

mikegoo: How does going with another lynch-free day make us lose? What am I missing...

and cs: where are you?
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:26 pm

Post by Werebear »

There is 1 more mafia. If there's two more mafia, then we've already lost.
4 players left.
  • Nolynch, kill tonight (ONE, hopefully), 3 players left. 2 town, 1 mafia. winnable.
  • Lynch a town, kill tonight, 2 players left, 1 town, 1 mafia - mafia wins
  • Lynch a mafia, win right now.

I always hate nolynches, with a nolynch, the mafia might make two kills somehow, but would the town make a more informed lynch tomorrow with a no_lynch?
mikegoo
mikegoo
Watcher
mikegoo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Feb 06, 2003 5:26 pm

Post by mikegoo »

Sorry...I meant miss as in lynch a townie.

Werebear left out the remote possibility of a bizarre SK type role being left and a mafia in which case waiting is our only hope of winning.

I would be able to make a better informed decision tomorrow...I have three people to choose from and am suspicious of all of you. Tomorrow I will have "better odds" of getting the last mafia member. I say this knowing full well that I will live through the night...only a moronic mafia member would choose to kill me off, I'm the easy target for a lynch right now.

As for the druggy doc thing...I can't imagine why he would go for the extra protection (provided this is the case) if he knew death was a possibility since we had so much of an advantage which is why I've been trying to figure out another alternative.

Waiting appears to be our best bet.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Feb 06, 2003 5:36 pm

Post by cuban smoker »

Hello. I have intermintent internet access right now, sometimes its hard to get online.

Before I go any further, if there are any other people who would like to claim a role, now would be a great time. Otherwise, we have 3 townies, and an expired doc hex.

Ok. I believe Werebear is a doctor of some kind. No guarantee he isn't an evil doctor though. mikegoo is most suspiscious to me as well, but Sugar only has her voting record going for her. Beaudoin demonstrated quite clearly that voting for a mafia is easy to do as a mafia...

Either way, we should talk some today to get all the ideas out, but no lynch is a better way to go.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2003 6:04 am

Post by Werebear »

I've pretty much said everything I can think of. I'm not leading anything today, as a no lynch is as good if not better than a lynch.
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2003 1:25 pm

Post by jeep »

vote count:

A vote of no lynch will send you home, but you will return after a single vote. If you decided to not lynch today, please vote for it so this day doesn't drag for no reason.

-JEEP
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2003 2:39 pm

Post by cuban smoker »

vote: No Lynch
Let's see what the new day brings. Who is going to die... ?
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2003 2:58 pm

Post by Werebear »

*crosses claws* vote: No Lynch. If someone really wants a lynch, they'll bring us back.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2003 2:59 pm

Post by Werebear »

*sigh*
Vote: Nolynch
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2003 3:12 pm

Post by Sugar »

I'm ready to vote no lynch as well, but I'll hold my vote until mikegoo comes back, in case he has anything else to say.
mikegoo
mikegoo
Watcher
mikegoo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2003 8:53 pm

Post by mikegoo »

vote no lynch
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2003 12:35 pm

Post by Sugar »

Did we require an official unanimous vote...?

Vote: No lynch
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2003 2:29 am

Post by Werebear »

(*from home, calls everyone left*) Let's just assume night falls, and have whoever needs to send in their night choice, so the day can start quicker.
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:58 am

Post by jeep »

Everyone meets in the courtyard and then goes home.

It is night, please send choices. This week end was not a good one, sorry for the delay.

-JEEP
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2003 10:32 pm

Post by jeep »

Werebear, Sugar and Mikegoo arrive in revers alphabetical order today and know something is wrong. It's not like Cuban Smoker to be late. They go to CS' house to find him dead. CS clearly did nothing at night other than sleep.

Cuban Smoker, Townie, was killed by the mafia.

It is day. Please vote. Again, sorry for this delay. The good news is that my daughter feels much better now.

-JEEP
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2003 1:51 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Good luck boys and girls. Oy. I'm glad I'm dead.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2003 3:31 am

Post by Werebear »

we can't have two mafia, or they would have won yesterday. At the moment, I'm still definitely leaning towards mikegoo. Sugar, what do you think?
mikegoo
mikegoo
Watcher
mikegoo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:23 am

Post by mikegoo »

I suspect this will be a futile effort as you both have expressed doubts about me , but here goes.

Werebear is my bet for scum. First off I don't think werebear's role claim of hex doc (Jeep is more creative than that, he would have found a way to make that kind of role fit the theme) is any good...2 investigative roles and 2 doctor roles is way too powerful for the town in a 12 player game end of story.

The voting records are inconclusive...Werebear hasn't voted for a mafia member even once this game (which is either very careful townie voting or the minimalist play I've come to assosciate with a mafia member, note he did not really get involved in the game discussions until he had to), while most of Sugar (and my votes for that matter) can either be taken as good townie or crafty mafia...take day 2 for Sugar...has the lead for votes, unvotes the second place person and adds a vote to nyar (mafia scum), this could either be seen as Sugar trying to catch a bad guy and not caring about dying, or as Sugar giving up and attempting to add a badguy vote to a fellow bad guy to make them look better...I consider the first more likely. For me look at day 3...I placed the second vote on Beaudoin (mafia scum) self preservation? following CS to look good and hopefully survive until the end ofthe game so I can make this post? Inconclusive for you 2.

I'll wait to hear from Sugar but really only out of courtesy.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:30 am

Post by Werebear »

mikegoo - if Sugar turns out to be the scum, won't we feel foolish?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”