Hydra Mafia (Day 4, I can't think of a clever title!)

Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by Mr Smith »

Pineapple wrote:
Faranor wrote:I prefer Lynch all Policy Lynchers.
So why don't you vote yourself? Or realize the contradiction and retreat the statement?
Don't try to be clever. You aren't clever.
"Still using all the muscles except the one that matters?"
TomAndJerry
TomAndJerry
Townie
TomAndJerry
Townie
Townie

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by TomAndJerry »

Responses tomorrow, don't have much time today.

Vote: Bowser

Screw waiting for my partner. You started lurking while actively posting on the forum, after you've been getting attacked by several others? The contradiction in your reaction with the FoS thing was bad enough without the lurking.

The lurking doesn't make any sense from a pro-town view either, and you did post this earlier too.
Bowser wrote:5) PST and EST. Um...very active?
~Tom
Bowser
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by Bowser »

Sorry.

One head (Tripod) is busy sometimes, and the other one is sick.

Will have a re-read when my body decides to feel better. D:<

~CSL
It's
BOWSER TIME!
SMBMIIIS: The War on Bleck's Army
is coming to a Mini Theme queue near you! 0/6 pre-in's taken.
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by Pineapple »

Mr Smith wrote:Don't try to be clever. You aren't clever.
Are you saying that my logic is wrong, or that I should have worded it differently, or…? —Apple
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by AKnottedRope »

Crab wrote:Ah, the old timezones effing with your QT. That makes sense.
Is this sarcasm?

~Cream
Show
A moment of silence, please, for those who never get the chance. They show up to the party but are never asked to dance. The losers, the liars, the bastards, the thieves, the cynisists, the pessimists, and those who don't believe in nothing!

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
*Ocarina of Time Mafia... Yeah....
IceCream
IceCream
Townie
IceCream
Townie
Townie

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by IceCream »

AKnottedRope wrote:
Is this sarcasm?

~Cream
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT

~Aknothappycream
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:56 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Black Spy wrote:Logically Town players who were strongly for outing of heads should see PP’s actions as equally Anti-Town / Scummy.

Those players who have expressed that Mass Name Claiming is the way to go and those not doing so are Anti-Town / Scummy -
If you turn out to not be a newb, I find this statement scummy.
Yes, I think that not revealing your name is anti-town. That doesn't mean that I think it's scummy.
On that note, I can actually see where Smithy is coming from now, although I still don't agree that it's scummy.
Pineapple wrote:
Fara~ wrote:UNVOTE VOTE PINEAPPLE
care to explain?
No, we will not explain. Instead, how about you guess why Fara~ voted for you.

-~Norepinephrine
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Faranor
Faranor
Goon
Faranor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:56 pm

Post by Faranor »

Nikanor wrote:
Black Spy wrote:Logically Town players who were strongly for outing of heads should see PP’s actions as equally Anti-Town / Scummy.

Those players who have expressed that Mass Name Claiming is the way to go and those not doing so are Anti-Town / Scummy -
If you turn out to not be a newb, I find this statement scummy.
Yes, I think that not revealing your name is anti-town. That doesn't mean that I think it's scummy.
On that note, I can actually see where Smithy is coming from now, although I still don't agree that it's scummy.
Pineapple wrote:
Fara~ wrote:UNVOTE VOTE PINEAPPLE
care to explain?
No, we will not explain. Instead, how about you guess why Fara~ voted for you.

-~Norepinephrine
Chimaira
Chimaira
Goon
Chimaira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:43 pm

Post by Chimaira »

Ok, I am Sotty's other hydra head.
Unluckily, we are currently not agreeing on our reads.
Professor Paradox Post 191 wrote:The last line of one of you're earlier posts where you said you had no reads or something, I'll go find it.
What about that line made you think we are town?
Professor Paradox wrote:What's wrong with calling 3 people town?
1. yes, I have played with Ellibereth before.
2. as to the call-people-town-thing:
a) there is no pro-town reason to do so:
-> If said players are not being attacked in that moment, you throwing out a town read is not going to do anything
-> If those players are being attacked in that moment, if you do not explain why you think they are town, you are not helping either
-> it does not help scumhunt, since there are too many players left and you are not going to find scum by elimination
-> It tells scum who you think town is, which is usually not good, as they can pick NK-targets better
b) there are scum-reasons to do so:
-> you buddy up to players, hoping they won't attack you
-> you post "reads", while actually not posting nothing of content. Therefore, you
look
pro-town, or at least attempt to do so.

==================
TomAndJerry wrote:Second it's obvious that despite how much FourTigers thinks meta is useful, I'm fairly certain he has not checked Lateralus's meta to verify his identity after my accusation. If he did he would see these after a quick look at a few of my games he would know I generally spend my time commenting on more stuff, in contrast to how Prof's post contained little info. (Note: I recall lurking in one game early on due to rl problems but I'm generally commenting on multiple things, this game was a exception due to what I wanted to try) Ok, maybe I'm being too harsh on the meta thing but then again he has constantly praised and advocated how important it would be to name claim and because of the meta info that'll be available. You would think he would investigate further if there had been an accusation of someone lying about their identity instead of rationalizing
This is total bullshit. You are seriously attacking someone becaue they failed to check by meta whether someone is who he naimclaims? Tell me one good reason why someone would doubt a nameclaim at the start of the game!
I think you are trying to throw around stupid accusations. I really can't believe you actually
believe
what you are saying there.
TomAndJerry wrote:6. Well, I can tell you it's not Mason. It's VT atm, being town's more fun because of the investigative aspect of it. I think being a cop would be pretty fun if I got the chance though. - This was the most important question for me to ask as it would expose Prof's lie. I tried to not be so obvious so I snuck in those other questions, which really are nice to know to I guess but not terribly important since this game did have some action earlier. I was worried that he might actually research my slot so I probably would have asked him some personal questions later or asked about his tone of posting if he had responded. I actually didn't expect to get backlash for my lying attack since it was obvious to me.
You are trying to sell me that the point of your questions was to expose that PP is lying about his name? I really cannot believe that.
Alt of that one guy with the face and stuff.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:37 am

Post by Crab Canon »

IceCream wrote:Liking someone's argument or not doesn't necessarily correlate with thinking someone is town or not.
No, it doesn't necessarily correlate. However, if you're town, you tend to agree more often with other town members...correct? Seems like if you're agreeing with the scumbags, then you're doing it wrong.
IceCream wrote:Please mention us seperately. I don't think I did that anywhere. I even answered accusations against Cream.
Ah, no. You're not going to be mentioned separately because you're a single player in this game. I dont' care which one of you did it, you were making excuses. I'm referring to this:
IceCream ISo12 wrote:2> That was Cream. And you contradicted your first post again, saying I think meta will slightly help then saying I ignore that meta does work.
3> Like I said, Cream just gave his general page read. Do you really think he's making a case?
4> Meaning ..?
Your reply was basically, "It was Cream fuhgetabouit!"
Smith wrote:I can also tell you why accidentaly revealing your real name is slightly protown, but scum would abuse that, wouldn't they?
Sometimes I wonder the things that go through your brain.

-I think I tend to agree with Master Spy's assessment of TaJ's questions. I don't see how they were a trap to catch PP or anyone else. I found them rather innocuous bordering on useless. To claim they were some great ploy sets of an alarm bell to me. *Note to other head to give me an opinion in the QT on this one*
MasterSpy wrote:For your statement to be true (based on my own notes) scum have to be significantly in a group of 3 Hydras (Chim, bv311, T&J) that at this point are unknown. Unless of course you can tell from post styles who those players are.
Well, I feel like MoI is definitely in T&J. I can't say the rest. You make an ok point that it may not be entirely clear, but we're definitely headed in that direction and a couple more reveals will pretty much lock it in to place. Kind of silly that we wasted so much breath in this game on something that was essentially inevitable, but whatever.
MasterSpy wrote:But if you are implying you have everything vetted out feel free to post your conclusions. That would be in line with giving Town more information, correct?
It's not quite completed. Once my list is finished though, I will be posting it in its entirety.
MasterSpy wrote:So are arguing against my theory that Docs should just protect the Hydras they feel are playing the most Pro-Town as opposed to based on name recognition? I’m confused because it looks like you are trying to assert the same thing as I am.
I do think any protective roles should target hydras that are the most pro-town/likely to die. I thought the whole argument you're making though is that if we reveal our names the Vet hydras are going to get picked off, which is what I think is not really correct. Am I missing something or did I read something wrong?

Don't understand the point or usefulness of Pineapple's 215. At all. Looks like a lot of busy work with very little actual scumhunting.
Chim wrote:So one half of this hydra is Sotty. Hi. I have made all the posts so far bar one, (the initial vote on PP). I have being having a disagreement with my hydra head over coming out in thread and have reached a comprise, in that I just won't tell who my other half is. I prefer to just be as open as possible, they want to play it a different way, cool by me. This is another reason I haven't really settled into this game yet, but hopefully now we have reached a settlement I can just plow away.
VP here. Kind of perturbed that it took you so long and you're only seemingly doing it now because it's inevitable that everyone will find out. I honestly expected you to be one of the people to back me up on the pro-town nature of name claiming. Oj called this post "quite apologetic" from you...though I don't know if that means she believes you or not. I can say I have a certain skepticism, but she and I will talk it over and come to an official position soon.
Chimaira wrote:2. as to the call-people-town-thing:
-> If said players are not being attacked in that moment, you throwing out a town read is not going to do anything
-> If those players are being attacked in that moment, if you do not explain why you think they are town, you are not helping either
-> it does not help scumhunt, since there are too many players left and you are not going to find scum by elimination
-> It tells scum who you think town is, which is usually not good, as they can pick NK-targets better
-> you post "reads", while actually not posting nothing of content. Therefore, you look pro-town, or at least attempt to do so.
I don't think there is anything that wrong with posting a few town reads. It's not like we're compiling ordered lists from scum-->town, so I really don't think one player have a few town reads is going to benefit scum really at all. This seems like reaching to me. What do you think of Pineapple and IceCream?
Currently a VP Baltar/Juls Hydra
IceCream
IceCream
Townie
IceCream
Townie
Townie

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:17 am

Post by IceCream »

Mr Smith wrote:
creamactingup wrote:I don't think scum would call a plethora of people town for no reason. What benefit do you think a scum would gain from that?
buddying, seeming like they are scumhunting while town has a horrible memory for townlists, and avoiding to lie. So lets lynch PP.
That's exactly the opposite of avoiding to lie. Scums don't want commitment and towns have threads to reread.
Mr Smith wrote: I can also tell you why accidentaly revealing your real name is slightly protown, but scum would abuse that, wouldn't they?
I thought you are against revealing names?
Professor Paradox wrote:And I think I saw Bowser still posting elsewhere...
How can Bowser post somewhere else?
Pineapple wrote:
Professor Paradox wrote:Picking that Fara line out of everything is really wierd.
I just commented on random stuff I saw while catching up. If you want me to comment on anything specific, just tell me.
@bv310:
Please post a vote count. —Apple
Who do you think is scum? Do you have any opinion other than just defending yourself?
AKnottedRope wrote:
Is this sarcasm?

~Cream
Your punishment for laughing at me :P
Chimaira wrote:Ok, I am Sotty's other hydra head.
So who is Sotty's first Hydra head?
Chimaira wrote:
-> you post "reads", while actually not posting nothing of content. Therefore, you
look
a1> It provides transparency on reads for the town.
a3> Are you suggesting we all hide our reads in the closets?
b1> And hoping you don't get caught buddying.
b2> Reads at this point are mostly vibe-like so there's hardly a point in explaining.
Crab Canon wrote:
IceCream wrote:Liking someone's argument or not doesn't necessarily correlate with thinking someone is town or not.
No, it doesn't necessarily correlate. However, if you're town, you tend to agree more often with other town members...correct? Seems like if you're agreeing with the scumbags, then you're doing it wrong.
This is terrible logic. My point being I absolutely can think someone is town even if I disagree with him.
IceCream wrote:Please mention us seperately. I don't think I did that anywhere. I even answered accusations against Cream.
Ah, no. You're not going to be mentioned separately because you're a single player in this game. I dont' care which one of you did it, you were making excuses. I'm referring to this:
IceCream ISo12 wrote:2> That was Cream. And you contradicted your first post again, saying I think meta will slightly help then saying I ignore that meta does work.
3> Like I said, Cream just gave his general page read. Do you really think he's making a case?
4> Meaning ..?
Your reply was basically, "It was Cream fuhgetabouit!"
That's not an excuse, it's a request. My reply was "I don't think I did that anywhere. I even answered accusations against Cream", which is exactly what I was doing in the post you quoted. I do not agree with you, do you think I should call you scum?
Chimaira
Chimaira
Goon
Chimaira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:49 am

Post by Chimaira »

Crab Canon Post 234 wrote:VP here. Kind of perturbed that it took you so long and you're only seemingly doing it now because it's inevitable that everyone will find out. I honestly expected you to be one of the people to back me up on the pro-town nature of name claiming. Oj called this post "quite apologetic" from you...though I don't know if that means she believes you or not. I can say I have a certain skepticism, but she and I will talk it over and come to an official position soon.
The fact is this game hasn't turned out the way I was hoping it. Seeing as I would be sharing a QT with my buddy for hopefully a big chunk of time I didn't want to just come out and go against him. He was heavily against revealing names, passionate about it and we just didn't agree. We argued for several days about it.

Finally managed to work a comprise, but we still seem to be worlds apart in how the game is played. It's going to be a struggle for me I think. Not enjoying it.

But blegh, I will try and get back to actually scum hunting later today. But this is my reasoning for not claiming for so long. I did think you might figure out who I was from how I posted, but I suppose there wasn't a lot of posts for you to do that. Most of my energy has been spent in the QT lately. Gonna change that.
FourTigers
FourTigers
Townie
FourTigers
Townie
Townie

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:07 am

Post by FourTigers »

Chimaira wrote:
look
Yeah..... saying who your town reads are is great. Do not underestimate the power of a large group of town who all trust eachother. It creates problems for scum in the 'PR vs precieved town' debate, narrows down the mislynch pool, and DOES PoE hunt. Even in the early game PoE helps. Your second one gets thrown out because that doesnt apply to everyone (like me) as some people (like me) get pretty upset when you are lynching someone I think is town, and will let people know why it is stupid the entire time, and probably for a little bit after (see dana lynch in SSBB mafia).

Town reads are great, saying who your town reads are is great. If you think otherwise you are either paranoid beyond reason or scum who do not want people getting written off as town. Given the small list who I havent IDed (down to 7 unknowns, but I still am confident in one bv head and one MS head)

Basically V/LA next week

~Furry
Some days you tame the tiger. And some days the tiger has you for lunch.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:45 am

Post by bv310 »

Searching for a head replacement.
Chimaira
Chimaira
Goon
Chimaira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:16 am

Post by Chimaira »

Good day.

This is Zorblag replacing Tasky as the non-Sotty7 head of Chimaira. Apparently Tasky decided that the difference in playstyles for the two of them was going to be great enough that it was in the interest of both parties in terms of enjoyment of the game for him to replace out.

I need to look over what's been said in the game thread thus far but I can tell you what to expect from me in terms of hydra play (which seems important in this game.) If Sotty7 and I have slight differences in our reads you'll hear about it. If we have major differences in our reads we'll sort it out in our quicktopic rather than putting the thread through our discussion process. Sotty7 controls our vote. Unless she's not about to change it at an important time or I've already confirmed with her that it's a move she's fine with she'll be the one casting it. What you're getting from us as a hydra is Sotty7 (who happens to be a fairly strong player) working with a confirmed town Zorblag giving advice for her reads as well as my take on the game situation in general and what's worth paying attention to in particular.

If you'd like to see examples of any of my play on it's own you're welcome to take a look at my wiki: Zorblag. If you're interested in seeing what to expect from me in terms of play in a hydra you're welcome to check out Mighty Orbots's three games (where I was hydra'd with Papa Zito.) Those include 2 scum games, California Trilogy III (On Camera and Off Stage) and Mafia Reverberation as well as one town game, Of Gods and Men.

If there's anything you'd like me to focus on when I read through the thread feel free to let me know. I expect to have a post with some thoughts up later today.

Also, one thing that I found helpful the last game I played with Papa Zito (and the first one where we were town and it mattered more) was to start a shared google doc for the hydra account where we could easily keep and edit shared notes on the players in the game. It was very helpful for keeping track of roles in a complicated game and just knowing what someone else I knew I could trust thought of players at a quick glance. For those of you who haven't figured out how to manage a hydra in terms of shared opinions I'd recommend it.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:32 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

MasterSpy wrote:Your list of questions was part of an obvious trap to get Prof. Paradox to react? Color me confused – why didn’t you specifically address PP on the issue then as opposed to making it a general topic. I saw the list as a way to gather information that might be Town useful from everybody.
Because if I did that I'd be announcing to him that I was for a matter of fact Lateralus instead of someone who just noticed something weird. If I said
"Hey bro tell me your life story"
and only asked him questions that would be less efficient and just weird.

You haven't actually told me whether you like the questions or not, do you? Even if they weren't my main focus I know that they're generally helpful and I can even bring them up later in the game if needed. How do you not get this?
MasterSpy wrote:1. The standard procedure about not answering questions as to not ‘influence’ answers is bullshit. There is nothing in that question set, if it was intended to gather information and not as part of some ‘Cunning Tarp’, that necessitated you withholding your information til after everyone answered.
It's what I've learned from playing in newbie games an I intend to ask questions and answer later in every future game I play.
MasterSpy wrote:2. No, I saw that. It was far from clear to me that the whole point of the questions was your ‘Cunning Tarp’.
It was already outlined in my first large post that I wanted to see how Prof would react.
MasterSpy wrote:Now it’s my turn to say – I guess you missed the point of the statement that it was aimed at Professor Paradox misleading Town and not you.
Since you bolded my name and gave an overview of the situation I thought it was directed at me, please be more clear next time.
MasterSpy wrote:Hey it would be even better if you asked the person who ACTUALLY SAID THAT as opposed to me. Just saying.
Sorry, the question still stands for Mr. Smith.
Chimaira wrote:Wait, what? You posted those questions as a specific trap for PP to fake claim? Or as a general trap?

If it is the latter, how did you know that would be PP's reaction? If it is the former explain to me how those questions work as a trap. I also want to know the results of said trap.
General Trap. I didn't know he'd say Mason or how much research he'd do, (But his answer was pretty convenient.) but if it did turn out he did his research I'd simply press forward for more information. I'd fish around my meta and ask him oh why'd you say this or can you can clarify this and bring up my meta if need be but I didn't think that was necessary after the Mason answer. If you notice, the way he posts is way different from mine too.

Sadly… I didn't get any reaction before the claim which ironically would help out with the lulz/getting reads so I need Prof to explain this now. I'm assuming Elli wasn't there at the time so that just leaves Pacman to explain why he didn't respond.

But Elli's post-claim reactions tie in too so I'm happy with his play now, just not his partner's. Do you want me to go over the post claim reactions?
Mr Smith wrote:I can also tell you why accidentaly revealing your real name is slightly protown, but scum would abuse that, wouldn't they?
lol… so hypocritical considering you did that too. You've ignored a few things I've said to you, care to explain?
Chimaira wrote:This is total bullshit. You are seriously attacking someone becaue they failed to check by meta whether someone is who he naimclaims? Tell me one good reason why someone would doubt a nameclaim at the start of the game!
I think you are trying to throw around stupid accusations. I really can't believe you actually believe what you are saying there.
Because I called him out for lying. If he supported meta that much then I thought it made way more sense for him to take a look at my meta especially after advocating how helpful it would be instead of just saying, nope, he likes being a mason deal with it.
Chimaira wrote:You are trying to sell me that the point of your questions was to expose that PP is lying about his name? I really cannot believe that.
…Then can you explain why I called him out for saying he liked being a Mason?
Crab Canon wrote:I don't see how they were a trap to catch PP or anyone else. I found them rather innocuous bordering on useless. To claim they were some great ploy sets of an alarm bell to me.
"Great ploy" is an exaggeration, I've only referred it as a trap. I don't understand why there are doubts of my motives since I attacked him right away, and the Mason response did expose him. The lack of pre-claim reaction did suck though.

Side Note: more votes on Bowser plz

Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:00 am = Latest post before his posting saying he's sick/busy.

Around 15 posts on Bowser since/on the 18th.
Around 17 posts on CSL since/on the 18th.
Around 10 posts on Untrod Tripod since/on the 18th

All are pretty much small posts/not in a specific game but the point still stands. I don't understand why you'd you posting elsewhere while ignoring the game. In the very least respond to things directed at you.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:32 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

~Tom
Professor Paradox
Professor Paradox
Townie
Professor Paradox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by Professor Paradox »

As a general thing can people who mispost quote over the post they made with the hydra account for iso-purposes?
Thanks.

Sans paccy not reacting, I told him to not post anything until we got counterclaimed.
Yeah.
More later.
Chimaira
Chimaira
Goon
Chimaira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:33 pm

Post by Chimaira »

A Troll Vote count just to help me with where people stand (the numbers by the votes indicate the order in which the vote was cast). If I've got any votes wrong please do correct me:

Bowser: 4: Mr Smith (1), Professor Paradox (9), bv311 (10), TomAndJerry (12)
Pineapple: 3: FourTigers (3), MasterSpy (7), Faranor (11)
Professor Paradox: 2: Pineapple (6), Chimaira (8)
IceCream: 1: Crab Canon (4)

Not Voting: Bowser, IceCream

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

So here are my thought after a read through:

Claiming heads should in the long run be pro-town but I don't think that that's obvious. I could argue why if you wanted but I think it's been done to some degree. In any case, I said in the sign up thread that it would be interesting to have the option available to see who would choose to stay semi-anonymous. Part of what I thought would be interesting would be the distribution of players who chose to hide their identity and those who didn't. I'm guessing that the scum chose to split their responses between pro-claiming and pro-hiding (that's what I would have recommended scum do if I were among them during pre-game.)

Bowser needs to post more; they've disappeared since the game started. In general we should be putting pressure on hydras that don't participate; excuses for lurking are reduced in potency given the nature of hydras but the anti-town nature of lurking is a strong as normal. I support the votes there at this time.

Having said that bv311's only significant contribution thus far seems to be to attack Bowser (and in a way that seems like it could be trying to get in on a hot wagon.) There's been more of note than that in the game. This is an issue.

Sotty7 and I are going to talk about Professor Paradox some but I'm completely unsurprised by Ellibereth's behavior. This is how I expect him to act (both the fake claim and the town proclamations) as town. I know he could act that way as scum but I don't think that I expect him to. On a related note, the fake name-claim does make me like TomAndJerry a bit more than I would have otherwise (others have brought it up but the masons as a favorite bit was an issue until the counter-Lateralus22 claim came up for me.)

I have no interest in lynching Mr Smith or Crab Canon at this time. I don't think that it benefits the town to explain why. I also like the pressure that FourTigers is applying and would be interested in keeping them about at this point for the purposes of reads regardless of alignment.

I've not seen anything that I like in terms of pro-town play from Pineapple but there are a couple things I don't care for (excusing lurking, the idea that heads should be revealed under pessure.)

At this point I (Zorblag) would support any of the following lynches: Bowser; bv311; Pineapple.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by Mr Smith »

Pineapple wrote:
Mr Smith wrote:Don't try to be clever. You aren't clever.
Are you saying that my logic is wrong, or that I should have worded it differently, or…? —Apple
More that you completely missed the point AND the joke that Faranor made.
Crab Canon wrote:
Smith wrote:I can also tell you why accidentaly revealing your real name is slightly protown, but scum would abuse that, wouldn't they?
Sometimes I wonder the things that go through your brain.
They could "slip up" on purpose and then take fake townie points for it, right? That's why I'm not telling.
Lateralus22 wrote:
Mr Smith wrote:I can also tell you why accidentaly revealing your real name is slightly protown, but scum would abuse that, wouldn't they?
lol… so hypocritical considering you did that too. You've ignored a few things I've said to you, care to explain?
Do you think we were outed on purpose or by accident?
Do you understand the argument I'm trying to make?
What have I ignored? I don't have the time nor patience to look through all your posts.

@Troll: We are voting PP at this time, though I need to discuss some things with my other head. We will however switch to Bowser if the wagon becomes more popular than the PP one.
That being said, I don't see how Elli gains town points just becase "oh he wouldn't do that as scum, so he's town." Because that's REALLY meta, and thus REALLY bad logic.
Chimaira
Chimaira
Goon
Chimaira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by Chimaira »

@Mr Smith looking at your posts I see the vote for Bowser in Post 150 as your most recent (if I'm missing something feel free to correct me.) Fortunately for your intentions Bowser also comes up as the most popular wagon on my vote count (though if you were voting for Professor Paragon it would be a three way tie for first.)

I'm not saying that Professor Paragon needs to be town because Ellibereth made his fake claim. He could still be scum (though as I've indicated, if I had to guess I'd guess town from what I know of him.) I disagree that having some expectations based on observed play (and I've seen Ellibereth as both scum and town) employs really bad logic. Meta isn't a means to a perfect read but it does give a basis for expectations (both based on competence and behavior patterns.) At this point I'm not asking you to be convinced that Professor Paradox is town (I'm certainly not myself) but I will ask that you accept that I have a town read based on what I expect from his actions.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
TomAndJerry
TomAndJerry
Townie
TomAndJerry
Townie
Townie

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:47 pm

Post by TomAndJerry »

Mr Smith wrote:They could "slip up" on purpose and then take fake townie points for it, right? That's why I'm not telling.
An accident does not and should not give you townie points, it's strange of you to suggest that. I don't see any indication that this was not an honest mistake by them.
Mr. Smith wrote:Do you think we were outed on purpose or by accident?
What have I ignored? I don't have the time nor patience to look through all your posts.
I think you were outed on accident, I think the same for IceCream. I believe you're trying to say they outed themselves on purpose to look town, and I think that argument is wrong.

Just search for your name and you should find things directed at you.
Tom wrote:I don't see anything wrong with her initial vote, and how is he not making any commitments when he voted in his next post?
Tom wrote:You didn't actually answer his question, why do you think it was scummy?
Tom wrote:??????? How does it do that, it's more of a shit I'm screwed please forgive me type of post, not oh look guys im so pro town and scum hunting. He'd probably put a serious vote down if that's what he was going for.
Note about Prof: I think he's probably town due his explanation for false claiming. Before he outed, I outlined a possible pro town situation and instead of blatantly parroting that and trying to explain that to fit his story he just gave what looks like his honest thoughts on the situation. I see the honest approach more town and it does fit his play.

~Tom
Chimaira
Chimaira
Goon
Chimaira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:31 am

Post by Chimaira »

@Mr Smith, ah, I see your vote now that I'm sober this morning. It's tucked away on the right side of a line. It's probably worth putting it at the start of a line like the rules dictate to make sure that it doesn't get missed.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:52 am

Post by Mr Smith »

TomAndJerry wrote:
Mr Smith wrote:They could "slip up" on purpose and then take fake townie points for it, right? That's why I'm not telling.
An accident does not and should not give you townie points, it's strange of you to suggest that. I don't see any indication that this was not an honest mistake by them.
Mr. Smith wrote:Do you think we were outed on purpose or by accident?
I think you were outed on accident, I think the same for IceCream. I believe you're trying to say they outed themselves on purpose to look town, and I think that argument is wrong.

Just search for your name and you should find things directed at you.
You are trying to nitpick a statement apart. A statement that you don't understand. I was very clear that I would consider accidentaly outing your name to be a slight towntell. However, since it is such a minor tell, scum wouldn't abuse it, so I have no idea where you get that we think Icecream is scum
because
they outed themselves. You are turning my point around, and I don't know why.
Tom wrote:I don't see anything wrong with her initial vote, and how is he not making any commitments when he voted in his next post?
Tom wrote:You didn't actually answer his question, why do you think it was scummy?
Tom wrote:??????? How does it do that, it's more of a shit I'm screwed please forgive me type of post, not oh look guys im so pro town and scum hunting. He'd probably put a serious vote down if that's what he was going for.
Note about Prof: I think he's probably town due his explanation for false claiming. Before he outed, I outlined a possible pro town situation and instead of blatantly parroting that and trying to explain that to fit his story he just gave what looks like his honest thoughts on the situation. I see the honest approach more town and it does fit his play.

~Tom
I'm sorry, but I don't understand at all what situation we are talking about. But I have a question, since these questions seem to be about the explanation of one vote: was it a terrible vote? Otherwise I don't really know why you are making such a fuss about it.
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:11 am

Post by Mr Smith »

Oh, and before I forget:

MOD: Put up a goddamn votecount already.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”