Teleportation Mafia Universe ONE (MAFIA A WINS!)

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:33 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Day 1 Vote Count
ace5993 ( 0 )
DrippingGoofball ( 1 ) mykonian
elvis_knits ( 0 )
evilsnail ( 1 ) DrippingGoofball
farside22 ( 1 ) gayle
fishythefish ( 0 )
flareonage ( 1 ) popsofctown
gayle ( 1 ) fishythefish
infinis ( 0 )
mykonian ( 0 )
ojanen ( 0 )
plum ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 1 ) flareonage
Raskol ( 2 ) evilsnail farside22
Rhinox ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 7 ) ace5993 elvis_knits infinis ojanen plum Raskol Rhinox
Total Votes ( 15 )

With 15 alive, 8 needed to lynch.
Deadline: 2/8 11am

Hey ABR... is not paying attention a scumtell with you? Yes or No?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Provide a context and the world's attention will be yours to keep DGB.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:48 pm

Context: you're not doing much or saying much, as farside pointed out. So you set out to voice an opinion. This opinion was based, it seems, on a very cursory attention to the game.

Does that mean you're scum or town?

Your answer does not affect in any way the fact that elvis is scum and is our lynch for the day, so you can afford to tell us the truth.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by farside22 »

DGB is not reading the thread and posting an incomplete list of players someone that is scum to you?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:59 pm

farside22 wrote:DGB is not reading the thread and posting an incomplete list of players someone that is scum to you?
In English. please?

Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:03 pm

Post by Flareonage »

DGB is just having fun. The more you attack her the more fun she has
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:03 pm

Post by farside22 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
farside22 wrote:DGB is not reading the thread and posting an incomplete list of players someone that is scum to you?
In English. please?
In your view if you catch someone who is obviously not reading the thread is that a scum tell in your book?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:07 pm

farside22 wrote:In your view if you catch someone who is obviously not reading the thread is that a scum tell in your book?
I can be, that's why I'm pestering ABR. I need to take his temperature.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:08 pm

Agack! Quote tag mishap EBWOP
farside22 wrote:In your view if you catch someone who is obviously not reading the thread is that a scum tell in your book?

Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by Ojanen »

I was hit hard by real life in the couple of last days, I'm sorry for not having got here properly yet. I'll catch up and get rolling in 10 hours or so.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by farside22 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Agack! Quote tag mishap EBWOP
I really want to vote you more now then ever or call you a hypocrite.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:15 pm

Ojanen!!!
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Yes sir!!!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:40 pm

I'm happy that you're here....can you tell me who is scummy?
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:20 pm

Post by Ojanen »

You're good at throwing me off balance, sir.

Raskol is scummy.
He's far too
nice
. And so reasonable in his lack of suspicions.
His iso consists of stressing and repeating how the towns need to work together somehow, anyhow ("If your plan ends up being the best for both universes then I'd be happy to use it. My concern has been to make sure people know what our goal is; I'm less concerned with the implementation, so long as it gets done what need to be. ")
mykonian is naive, but not scummy. The questions he asked from Gayle are
not
meant to suggest Gayle is scum, indeed Gayle's lazy anti-town stance is more of a towntell. Noone is scummy or worth to pursue. Happyhappy.
vote: Raskol

farside wrote:I just hate it because I never like talking about my scum actions. Never. It's something I hold dear to my heart and don't want to share with the MS world (who do read games and look back on things to the nth degree) signs that I'm scum for later games.
So why did you answer the question anyway?

@mykonian: A conservative and stressed Ojanen is the scum one, or that's what they tell me. Come and get me, DGB.

@mod: Please prod aces5993 and Plum.
Prodded ace, Plum has posted as of now.

Lurkerscumz.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:21 pm

Why are you off balance?

Vote evilsnail
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by Raskol »

I have to wonder how I'm usually perceived if I get to call peoples' posts pointless and stupid and still get voted for being too nice =P

Anyway, I think I have a scumread now.

vote: Fish

For attacking Gayle on something I think makes Gayle more likely to be town than scum, but which might look like fuel for an easy bandwagon.
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:14 pm

Post by evilsnail »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Why are you off balance?

Vote evilsnail
Fine, I'll bite. Why?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:23 pm

Post by Plum »

Heya, was out yesterday and most of today, then was dragged off to watch the State of the Union Address.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Oh my god I'm going to be prosecuted by the feminist group.
ABR! Long time no see.

If you care enough about my scumtells, there are multiple people here who have had experience with me and could read me as well as anybody. For various reasons, it would be stupid to tell you all of my scumtells, as if I were scum in this game my scumtells are such that I could actually do the opposite instead, and, furthermore, would turn this game into a disgusting and even more confusing exercise in avoiding looking like I'm committing those scumtells and trying to piece together suspicions from among people trying specifically to avoid the behaviors they've listed. In short, it'd be a counterproductive waste of time and brain space.

If you care even more than that, there's always the meta game; you're invited to play it.

Though DGB is odd giving about three distinctly different reactions to the same point ('share your scumtells and if not, explain why').
DrippingGoofball wrote:You know who'd be eager to give a list of scumtells?

5KuMz

That's who.

We should lynch everyone that answered.
Crud. You may well be right. As scum I probably would have spend half an hour refining an answer to that where I could stick to avoiding the scumtells and sound truthy, to try to look helpful and pro-town. Ironically I agree with the point by citing my own scum behavior, but you get what I'm saying.

Though having said that - - - scumvibes on DGB. Though Myk missed something pretty obvious when he explained his reasons for voting her - the "other than" clause was clear enough - I don't happen to think it's a good scum indicator and do have a town vibe on the guy.

I don't have enough info on EK to be certain that she really can't get into the theory specific to this game or she's scum who can't get into it because she's scum. She posts a few more times I'll be able to use the content as a decent-ish barometer (meta!) but I can definitely hold that for a few days so I have actual info to analyze.

ABR, why the whole shebang with "Someone tell me who's scummy" and then "evilsnail vote".

Vote: DGB

This is largely a gut feeling that DGB isn't herself, which in the past has been a scum-indicator for her. The closest I can come to it is discussing the different responses (which may be one response and two branches of another, possibly), but the real difference is an esoteric tone thing which I can't fully delve into now because Pom wants to use the computer and I'll take up looking at Raskol and Evils and such ASAP and excuse the run-on sentence because she only gave me one more to work with.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:55 pm

Well I haven't read the previous 8 pages before the last one yet. I'm placing a vote based on page 9 and starting my read through...soon.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:56 pm

Hey plum!
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:18 pm

Post by Plum »

Heya ABR!
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:20 pm

Post by popsofctown »

EK lurks when she's scum.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:50 am

Post by mykonian »

Defensive theory in blue.

The question asks from everyone, and mostly from scum to list the tells they are concious about. Scum that is concious about certain tells is going to avoid them anyway, since he knows about them. Making them public, however, just increases the odds. Now everybody knows about them.

Plum stated that scum could work very long on making the perfect post. I believe that such differences can be read when analyzing the post, in any way, it is a difference. It may be a small one, but it could be a starting point for a case against that scum-player.

Answering the question for town has no negative consequenses for this game. Like some people have brought up, it could be that the same thing that happens to scum in this game could follow you to later games (
confirming that this would generally hurt scum
). Sorry about that, but if you have tells that you are concious about, it might be time to change your scumplay, and it has always been wrong to protect your scumplay as town.

So really, arguing that this question is antitown, like DGB tried to do, even after saying she caught scum with it is scummy. So is avoiding the question.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:19 am

Post by popsofctown »

I think you're hairsplitting the semantics. She thinks the question is dumb, and no one would answer it. But since someone did, she thinks that person is scummy. It's like saying "Who wants a massclaim" at the beginning of a newbie is a dumb question, because it is, but if someon was idiotic enough to answer the question you'd have caught scum.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”