Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:36 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Vote Bob

Back at L-2, I would like PJ to still unvote to give more wiggle room but this way we have the vig setup if shennanigans happen.

Since BD is back I guess replace Ray, as much I would like to see that slot get killed off at least getting a claim there would be nice.

We are killing bob tonight.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by diddin »

In post 2224, Blonde Doctor wrote:First of all, wholey bugger, I'm so sorry. The blackouts last week fried my computer and I wasn't quite around over the weekend anyway, so it wasn't on my list of priorities to find a way to log in. I'm really sorry about that though, since obviously I should've... :oops:
SORRY MOD.

Second of all, I'm Bonnie, town (from Toy Story 3.

Third of all,
In post 2219, diddin wrote:
In post 2217, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 2216, diddin wrote:There's no fucking way there are 8 Mafia in this setup.

Going with what I'd played in before.

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p3085757

How many are there?

That's multiscum, meaning more killing and more opportunity for crosskills=more scum.
With three kills a night and only one accounted for town, how could you possibly assume that there's only one mafia group with limited mafia...

First off, Umbrage's flip does not look like a flip from a multiscum game. Second, the only night with three kills is last night, and Jak could've only died from hiding behind scum. If there's another scumteam, the Aliens are gambitting scum.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Unvote: bobsnox
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:18 pm

Post by Juls »

Unless the vig-team is a 3-man scum team and bob/BD is part of the other. After the vig team kills off kunkstar tonight, we are definitely lynching Nanook. We aint letting the 3 of you go to the end on your word alone.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:49 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 2228, Juls wrote:Unless the vig-team is a 3-man scum team and bob/BD is part of the other. After the vig team kills off kunkstar tonight, we are definitely lynching Nanook. We aint letting the 3 of you go to the end on your word alone.

Yeah.... no

Unless you are arguing we are a three pony team who decided to claim joint vig meaning one die all die and have been killing ponies the entire game to look like vigs and the other team outnumbers us (bob+kunk makes four), try again. We are obviously what we claim, and we are all town here.

Im going to remain stubborn beyond reason on this one. Aliens are all town and im going to defend that one as long as im here.
You don't earn
loyalty
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:56 pm

Post by Juls »

Why not claim what you are claiming as scum. It would be a brilliant gambit. You are unconfirmed alignment and I have independent town reads on you and far side. You are going to have to sacrifice one of you. Your win condition is not my concern. Mine is.
Juls
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:05 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 2230, Juls wrote:Why not claim what you are claiming as scum. It would be a brilliant gambit. You are unconfirmed alignment and I have independent town reads on you and far side. You are going to have to sacrifice one of you. Your win condition is not my concern. Mine is.

Gambits are acceptable as scum, suicidal gambits are not, especially as you are apparently claiming that there are two teams for us to all be scum. Just going to draw it out to show how foolish what you are claiming is:

1) Dash, farside and NtW are part of a scum B faction that has less members then scum A
2) Dash started softclaiming D2
3) Scum B has killed all ponies that are lynchable
4) Scum B claimed neighbors together that have a vig kill D3 against a rival group, where crosskill of one results in death of them all

Not sure how much more you can derp it up claiming we are all scum together. Makes even less sense then just one of us being scum, and that one is hard to swallow to start with the modified win condition. Im not letting a nieghbor get lynched, especially on multi-scum paranoia.
You don't earn
loyalty
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:14 pm

Post by Juls »

I am saying it isn't out of the realm of possibility. I don't share your belief that you are all town however and your refusal to sacrifice ntw scares the beejesus out of me.
Juls
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:24 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 2232, Juls wrote:I am saying it isn't out of the realm of possibility. I don't share your belief that you are all town however and your refusal to sacrifice ntw scares the beejesus out of me.

Remember, element of loyalty. That one I can play perfectly. I think they are town, I see no reason to think otherwise, I will defend them as long as I am here.
You don't earn
loyalty
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by diddin »

Juls, you're putting all of your chips in one basket if you think ALL of the Aliens are scum. There is almost certainly at least one scum alien, for reasons I may claim if Ray doesn't get his ass in here soon. I'd rather lynch Peregrine or Juls tomorrow assuming both bobs and kunkstar flip scum.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by Juls »

I'm fine with being lynched, in fact i really want to be cause that seems to be the only way I can kill nanook. No diddin, I really think it is only nanook but the fact that they keep living and rainbow not letting them die scares me.
Juls
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by bobsnox »

I am very down for being lynched today because it will hopefully give this game the kick in the pants it needs. That said, I would like everyone who cares to come up with a plan for after I flip town (which I will). What's the next step when good old bobsnox doesn't actually turn out to be scum.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:17 pm

Post by diddin »

Pere gets lynched tomorrow. I have a feeling Juls won't comply to vengekilling Pere if we lynch her first.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:20 pm

Post by Juls »

If you think one of the vigs is s um you shouldn't be too upset with me killing nanook.

Bob, if you are town the lynch is FA. No way we have two joat
Juls
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by RandomActs »

Bob, don't you understand that the game mechanics dictate that you are mafia? A hider cannot be killed unless he hides behind a scum. Jak hid behind you last night and this morning he's dead. How else can it be explained?
"When all other possibilities have been eliminated, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."- Sherlock Holmes
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by bobsnox »

In post 2239, RandomActs wrote:Bob, don't you understand that the game mechanics dictate that you are mafia? A hider cannot be killed unless he hides behind a scum. Jak hid behind you last night and this morning he's dead. How else can it be explained?

I got it, but all I know is I'm town and I'm going to flip town. There's nothing that says Jak for sure hid behind me. Maybe he got roleblocked or something.

Juls - lynching Woody is like lynching Buzz... I just can't do that at this stage.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:18 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I would be more suprised if all three were scum than if they were all town.
However, once the heat death of the universe comes and we finish this, you'll see why I doubt they are all town.

Also, I think BD might done be scum. Maybe.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:12 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

In post 2235, Juls wrote:I'm fine with being lynched, in fact i really want to be cause that seems to be the only way I can kill nanook. No diddin, I really think it is only nanook but the fact that they keep living and rainbow not letting them die scares me.

Either all of us are scum or not. Why you picking solely on me? You have a town read on rainbow and farside ... what scum read do you have on me?
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:00 am

Post by Juls »

There are three possibilities in my mind (from least to most likely):
1) You are all scum - possible, it would be a big gambit that could pay off massively. The fact that none of you have died and Rainbowdash is banging the drum for your lives makes me very fearful of this.
2) You are all town - possible.
3) One or two of you are town - This is most probable to me. It's based on reads primarily but the mechanic to me makes perfect sense with 2 town and 1 scum. Nanook would definitely be the scum in this scenario. He has done nothing but rest on his laurels since his "vig group" started having his back. Even his own vig group admits he does nothing in the QT.
Juls
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:24 am

Post by RandomActs »

bobsnox wrote:I got it, but all I know is I'm town and I'm going to flip town. There's nothing that says Jak for sure hid behind me. Maybe he got roleblocked or something.

Roleblocking a hider. You know, this sounds plausible to me. But I don't know the mechanics well enough to say. If this is true we'd have to account for a third night kill. Help anyone?

Juls wrote:There are three possibilities in my mind (from least to most likely):
1) You are all scum - possible, it would be a big gambit that could pay off massively. The fact that none of you have died and Rainbowdash is banging the drum for your lives makes me very fearful of this.
2) You are all town - possible.
3) One or two of you are town - This is most probable to me. It's based on reads primarily but the mechanic to me makes perfect sense with 2 town and 1 scum. Nanook would definitely be the scum in this scenario. He has done nothing but rest on his laurels since his "vig group" started having his back. Even his own vig group admits he does nothing in the QT.

1) If Bob is indeed town, this becomes more likely. Once again I point out that their precondition allows them to bandwagon without suspicion.
2) Yes, possible
3) Actually I get more reads from Rainbow than from Nanook. To cast aside reason for loyalty is a losing strategy for town. Methinks the lady doth protest too much.
"When all other possibilities have been eliminated, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."- Sherlock Holmes
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:57 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 2234, diddin wrote:Juls, you're putting all of your chips in one basket if you think ALL of the Aliens are scum. There is almost certainly at least one scum alien, for reasons I may claim if Ray doesn't get his ass in here soon. I'd rather lynch Peregrine or Juls tomorrow assuming both bobs and kunkstar flip scum.

I'm thinking Peregrine. Big Baby as VT......yeah I'm mod gaming.

As to Juls comment I honestly saw one scum team gambit and claim a role that tied them together. I understand the paranoid feelings from Juls. I just know we are all Aliens with a vig ability. I'm not as sure about scum in there but I won't cut it out like Rainbow.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:01 am

Post by farside22 »

@RA: Ignore the scum flailing. The mod confirmed already that night action where done by NAR.
Which means if scum had a roleblocker it would not stop the hider.
Hider action goes first and once a player is hiden they can not be targeted by a night kill.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:39 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

In post 2243, Juls wrote:3) One or two of you are town - This is most probable to me. It's based on reads primarily but the mechanic to me makes perfect sense with 2 town and 1 scum. Nanook would definitely be the scum in this scenario. He has done nothing but rest on his laurels since his "vig group" started having his back. Even his own vig group admits he does nothing in the QT.

Rest on my laurels? What big scum hunting have you seen today? I recall finding that Bobs is confirmed scum, Kunkstar was pointed out as confirmed scum for vig target, and all the players are supposed to claim.

I've claimed my role already.
I support the Bobs lynch as my vote is placed.
I've confirmed that I'll be submitting Kunkstar's name as my vig choice.

How am I resting on my laurels?

This day has brought more information into the next day. I was prodded for inactivity, which of course was during a time that we were waiting on others to claim. The stuff that took place earlier between my neighbors and I in the QT was simply mis communication from my POV. The QT is an extra step that I forget to check in on as I'm not used to having to use one. When I played on the site two years ago, I don't recall ever having to use one except for Masonry mafia. Obviously things have changed, and I'm trying my best.

I'm not the only one that hasn't been digging up every bit of little information I can in the game. You do realize that there are like 90 pages to skim through.

Plus, you're paranoid. I'm pretty certain of my choices for today. Of course you're going to be hopping around. I feel safe in the moment and don't really see any reason not to. It's a waiting game right now as to whether the mod is going to replace ray or modkill ray.
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:28 am

Post by bobsnox »

Farside what will you do upon my town flip?

Lynch me already. I'm sick of this bob is confirmed scum crap
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:50 am

Post by SpyreX »

Shouldn't there also be a final fabulous prizes today?

Also, .nofoolin', I will push a lynch of someone who takes that that isn't diddin over the TWO scum we've got sown up.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”