ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2175 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:22 am

Post by ZazieR »

Setael wrote:In my opinion, only scum would push for a Stepho vig right now. Yes, there's a chance he's lying. Only scum know for sure if he is or not. However, if he's telling the truth and we vig him we have lost a key power role. No townie will be sure enough he is lying to push his vig through.

FOS: zazier and xtoxm

@Stepho - is there anything in your role pm that indicates your power will diminish at any point like amished claimed his will? Also, once amished claimed yesterday, why didn't you claim (especially when it looked like you might be the deadline lynch)?
Do you think he''s lying or not and why?
Ignore the ''R''
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:27 am

Post by populartajo »

ZazieR wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:
Knight of Cydonia wrote:3. Innocents win if they destroy all Evil players. The Evil characters win when they have a majority, and are deemed powerful enough to over-power any and all remaining factions.
How nice of you.
If this is true, there are no powerroles.
Three scum caught already then.
What?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:27 am

Post by Elmo »

Think the Innocent speculation should stop until we get a claimed power role in here, otherwise maybe we're yelling who's not a power role. OTOH Amised is AWOL and I think Naomi's hardly going to say the guy claiming an innocent on her is scum. Eh, this can be cleared up at a later date.

I figured Innocent was an alignment rather than a role. Not willing to base anything on assuming the opposite of that.

Rolecop is weird, but whatever, this game's power-roles are clearly weird.

unvig, vig Devestation
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:27 am

Post by ZazieR »

Stephoscope wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:
Knight of Cydonia wrote:3. Innocents win if they destroy all Evil players. The Evil characters win when they have a majority, and are deemed powerful enough to over-power any and all remaining factions.
How nice of you.
Are you out of your mind?
Nope.
I think you are, if you're convinced that:

- that rule actually spells out that there are no power roles
- the roleclaims of Amished, Naomi, and myself are all false (I am 99% convinced that they are all legit)
- a game like this would have no town power roles

Come on now.
-Sorry, but the role is called Innocent. Nowhere is there stated any allignment in the role PM. And the rules says ''Innocents''. So yeah, it seems very likely to be the case.
-The only role that came a bit across as believable was Amished. The main point I had against him was that he didn''t claim flavour from a possible role, but from what he knows.
-Sorry, but a game in which the innocents are called innocents, which includes some names according to claimed powerroles is already hard to believe. Now that you''ve claimed something that seems very unlikely due to what you claim to have written in your role PM, it makes a lot of sense that it''s possible.
Ignore the ''R''
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:31 am

Post by populartajo »

Elmo wrote:Think the Innocent speculation should stop until we get a claimed power role in here, otherwise maybe we're yelling who's not a power role. OTOH Amised is AWOL and I think Naomi's hardly going to say the guy claiming an innocent on her is scum. Eh, this can be cleared up at a later date.

I figured Innocent was an alignment rather than a role. Not willing to base anything on assuming the opposite of that.

Rolecop is weird, but whatever, this game's power-roles are clearly weird.

unvig, vig Devestation
I was exactly thinking the same thing.

Zazie is not making any sense.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:36 am

Post by ZazieR »

populartajo wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:
How nice of you.
What?
That I''m not sold on his claim.
I''ll have to check this more before I go into more details on this.
Ignore the ''R''
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:10 am

Post by Elmo »

ZazieR wrote:-Sorry, but the role is called Innocent. Nowhere is there stated any allignment in the role PM. And the rules says ''Innocents''.
Knight of Cydonia wrote:
Rules

3. Innocents win if they destroy all Evil players. The Evil characters win when they have a majority, and are deemed powerful enough to over-power any and all remaining factions.
That looks very much like an alignment to me.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:17 am

Post by ZazieR »

Elmo wrote:
ZazieR wrote:-Sorry, but the role is called Innocent. Nowhere is there stated any allignment in the role PM. And the rules says ''Innocents''.
Knight of Cydonia wrote:
Rules

3. Innocents win if they destroy all Evil players. The Evil characters win when they have a majority, and are deemed powerful enough to over-power any and all remaining factions.
That looks very much like an alignment to me.
Check your own role PM. There, you''ll see that it says ''
an
innocent''. So it doesn''t seem to be an allignment, but a role.
Ignore the ''R''
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:21 am

Post by Stephoscope »

ZazieR. You need to knock it off. Whether or not I get vigged, not everyone here is a vanilla townie like you supposedly are, and we're not going to go through what it may or may not say in everyone's individual PM, okay? Are you trying to hand the scum our power roles, not all of which can be protected, I'm sure, on a silver platter?
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:24 am

Post by ZazieR »

Stephoscope wrote:ZazieR. You need to knock it off. Whether or not I get vigged, not everyone here is a vanilla townie like you supposedly are, and we're not going to go through what it may or may not say in everyone's individual PM, okay? Are you trying to hand the scum our power roles, not all of which can be protected, I'm sure, on a silver platter?
Nope. I''m not sold on your claim.
Anyway, what''s your flavour?
Ignore the ''R''
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:35 am

Post by Stephoscope »

ZazieR wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:ZazieR. You need to knock it off. Whether or not I get vigged, not everyone here is a vanilla townie like you supposedly are, and we're not going to go through what it may or may not say in everyone's individual PM, okay? Are you trying to hand the scum our power roles, not all of which can be protected, I'm sure, on a silver platter?
I don't care whether or not you're sold on my claim, you're not going to go around fishing out what's in everyone else's PM.

Paraphrasing the rest of my flavor: I am knowledgeable about the true activities of "the Optimology organization". I wish to find anyone who would do harm to me "and fellow Innocents".
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:16 am

Post by Elmo »

We are getting really freaking close to modkill territory. Be
careful
, aright?

There is a long argument as to why Innocent is probably an alignment but I'm too tired right now. But Innocent = Role logically implies there aren't any power roles, which would mean Amished was lying, which means no-one has an ability which leaves a question mark as to what extended hohum's life.

ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:32 am

Post by ZazieR »

Ok, in case if it''s allignment, Stepho, why did you claim allignment?
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:33 am

Post by ZazieR »

And
@Everyone

Have you ever seen a game in which only the allignments were given and not the roles when a player got flipped? If so, could you give a link?
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:45 am

Post by ZazieR »

Just found this when I was looking for more information about Janine:
Amished wrote:@Pyro: I'm
Jonathon
Somerset AKA the Gatekeeper. Along with Trilby, I'm one of the main guiding factors throughout the games. In the game, I'm more a prisoner of fate, having delivered myself a weapon to commit suicide so that I could basically become a ghost and travel through time to make sure that everything happened the way it was necessary so that Chzo didn't come to our world. This basically means that in the game, I arranged for a Trilby clone (debatable on whether it was the real one or not) to be taken by Chzo to save the rest of the world by keeping the God of Pain (Chzo) in the spiritual world (what happened in the last game).
Wiki wrote:In a cutaway segment, the Caretaker is revealed to be
Malcolm
Somerset, the protagonist of 7 Days a Skeptic, who murdered and impersonated his father Jonathan, and who has been convicted for the murders of all the people killed by DeFoe's spirit aboard the starship Mephistopheles. Somerset has been committed to an asylum for the criminally insane; however, he is given by the Caretaker—now revealed to have instructed Somerset to kill his father—a magical key-shaped knife once belonging to the Order's founder. This key opens a fleshy door in his cell, allowing him to descend an increasingly bloodied staircase, invoking flashbacks to the Mephistopheles where he sees the crew members deaths through John DeFoe's eyes; this is perhaps a metaphor for Somerset's suicide (his guards later find him dead in his cell). The mind and soul of an individual killed with Frehorn's Blade remain together after death, making the person's spirit immensely powerful but subject to the will of whoever wielded the Blade; Somerset has exploited a loophole in these rules by committing suicide with it and therefore remaining fully under his own control. He is transformed into a being of pure will, able to travel across time and between both realms. He enters Chzo's body to find the deteriorating clone of Trilby, captured after the explosion, who asks Somerset to kill him with Frehorn's Blade. Somerset does so and the Trilby-clone's life force is transferred to the real Trilby, who is about to die at the Clanbronwyn Hotel (this comes from the end of Trilby's Notes, where his survival was not explained). Travelling back to the complex, Somerset finally prompts the Trilby clone to set fire to the DeFoe Manor. Watching the destruction of the Optimology building, Somerset discloses in a final monologue that he is destiny's servant, and that his duty is only to make sure that time plays out as he foresees—now preparing to yet again prompt his young self to kill his father, setting forth the events occurring in 7 Days A Skeptic.
We really need Amished or a replacement for him here.
Ignore the ''R''
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:45 am

Post by Stephoscope »

ZazieR wrote:Ok, in case if it''s allignment, Stepho, why did you claim allignment?
Because it is spelled out in my role PM, and because I specifically receive alignments as well as roles in my investigations, so I imagine they're pretty important. Perhaps there are roles in this game that might not be clear as to whether they are town or scum aligned? Just a thought.

And is it really that hard to wrap your mind around the fact that there are (by all indications) Innocent roles with Innocent alignment? Not only does everything (not just my roleclaim) support this, but also, you wouldn't think twice if you were a Townie with Town alignment, no? Innocent happens to work as both a noun and an adjective here.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:51 am

Post by ZazieR »

It also says Care taker, and not Gatekeeper anyweher.
So that would also be nice to get explained.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:55 am

Post by ZazieR »

Stephoscope wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
I don't care whether or not you're sold on my claim, you're not going to go around fishing out what's in everyone else's PM.

Paraphrasing the rest of my flavor: I am knowledgeable about the true activities of "the Optimology organization". I wish to find anyone who would do harm to me "and fellow Innocents".
Wait, ''fellow Innocents''? Noted.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:04 am

Post by ZazieR »

Stephoscope wrote:
ZazieR wrote:Ok, in case if it''s allignment, Stepho, why did you claim allignment?
Because it is spelled out in my role PM, and because I specifically receive alignments as well as roles in my investigations, so I imagine they're pretty important. Perhaps there are roles in this game that might not be clear as to whether they are town or scum aligned? Just a thought.

And is it really that hard to wrap your mind around the fact that there are (by all indications) Innocent roles with Innocent alignment? Not only does everything (not just my roleclaim) support this, but also, you wouldn't think twice if you were a Townie with Town alignment, no? Innocent happens to work as both a noun and an adjective here.
Which is why you asked Naomi if she was Innocent or not? Because allignments are important, not :roll:?

I''m already looking into that.
Ignore the ''R''
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:36 am

Post by Lamont_Cranston »

Dang don't go to sleep or anything... :roll:

Once again, we find a PR that is more powerful than Trilby??

I need to ISO Steph here starting D2. :idea:
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:37 am

Unvote

Unvote
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:44 am

Nyx wrote:
Lamont_Cranston wrote:
@Nyx:
Now that you have both the shell and shotgun together, do you have any additional info you can share about how they work?
I got a PM about me receiving it ( the shell ) and it said I could use it with
a
shotgun.
*FACEPALM* I noticed this before and I thought to myself "Why didn't he say "THE" shotgun why did he say "A" shotgun"?

I think we're in serious trouble here. :cry:
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:07 am

Stephoscope wrote:
Devestation wrote:And I think Lamont has pretty well nailed Naomi to the floor. I won't vote until she posts to defend herself though.
Don't think that I forgot that yesterday you were saying you were going to vote for either me or Naomi...and while I understand Lamont's position, I relentlessly attacked Naomi's claim yesterday.
??? This doesn't seem right an reminds me of how he wanted to get credit for attacking Naomi over me and he made a big deal about it...

Stephoscope wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:Yes, I agree, the claim looked
very
poor when she added the cop thing on. But there's no reason not to wait for her result.
This is the second shift in thinking from yesterday to today that needs pointing out...so I'm pointing.

But I agree, there's no reason not to wait to hear from Naomi. Please, no one be hasty with lynchvotes or with the shotgun.
At worst, this post is 50% correct; it would make 100% sense if he was trying to hide as a cop.

Stephoscope wrote:So where's Naomi?
I guess a neutral post...

Stephoscope wrote:
Naomi_Saotome wrote:I will be using it tonight, provided I'm not lynched before then...
what I want to know is...
Do I investigate my own pick?
OR
Does everyone in the town want to pick?
And I'll throw out a related question:

If Naomi's roleclaim is legitimate, is it best to try and catch a scum with her investigation, or try and clear a helpful townie who may then stay protected?
This looks extremely good for Stepho here...

Stephoscope wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:
Devestation wrote:And I think Lamont has pretty well nailed Naomi to the floor. I won't vote until she posts to defend herself though.
Don't think that I forgot that yesterday you were saying you were going to vote for either me or Naomi...and while I understand Lamont's position, I relentlessly attacked Naomi's claim yesterday.
I think Devestation needs to die based on his shift in thinking. I spent a lot of time yesterday attacking Naomi's claim...and yet I was still on Devestation's list of suspects...now all of a sudden Devestation's giving credit to Lamont for outing Naomi's supposed scumminess, even though in my opinion Lamont hasn't hit Naomi nearly as hard as I was yesterday.

I'm starting to think Naomi's claim really is legitimate, based on posts from both her and the mod today.

I reserve the right to change this, but for now:

Vig vote:
Devestation
Stephoscope wrote:My reply is that it was quite an opportunistic statement, and there's no reason to think it's a valid point. It would be pretty easy for scum to sit back and see two townies (I'm not convinced Naomi is town, but it's a possibility) fighting, and then say "well one or the other must be scum", and by the time we've lynched one townie and then the other, the scum may be in trouble, but he and his buddies are almost at the win.

You seem to think I misinterpreted what Devestation posted...I don't believe I did.
This appears to be Stepho playing very well as Cop...
Stephoscope wrote:I believe Setael and Naomi to be town, and Devestation and Lamont to be scum.
And this nails it. I am going to have to believe Stepho's claim here. If he turns out to be scum he deserves a gold scummy imo.

Vote Devastation
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:23 am

Vig Vote Tally

Deadline
:
June 29 :x

Devastation-8 (Stepho, Rock, Naomi, Tajo, Setael, Pablo, Elmo, Lamont)

Stepho-6 (Zazie, Pyro, Xtoxm, Sironi, Nyx, Dramonic)
Setael-2 (Amished, Zwet)

Not vig-voting scum:
Devastation

"Vote early and vote often or get the rope!" :!:
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2199 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:31 am

Nyx wrote:I'll be away untill later this night ( Eurofag ). If someone can clear up that gun question
I'll be shooting in about 10 hours
. Since ZazieR is so trigger happy and wants results now to discuss. Which I agree with in certain extends.
This is so Mod screw. Our freaking shell doesn't fit...??

OTOH:

MOD: IS THE 8 BORE SHOTGUN A
DAY ITEM
AS SPECIFIED IN THE RULES? AND TO VERIFY, IS THE 12 BORE SHOTGUN SHELL A
DAY ITEM
AS SPECIFIED IN THE RULES?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”