bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2125 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:08 am

Post by bvoigt »

Enigma wrote:Derp I forgot about the vig being able to kill night 1.

Don't you think the US would be the good guys?? After all the win-con says "threats to peace". Why would you think the US is a threat to peace, going by flavor they are trying to remove power from those who are a threat to peace.
Also looking at the front page, the scum wincon only says: "When soviets remain alive" like that.

I think you are just bullshitting now after you made a scum slip .. I mean an American scum team slip..
Let's put it this way...if there are two scumteams, and two sides of the war, what would
you
assume they are?
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2126 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:26 am

Post by Enigma »

I'm not sure, maybe Soviet and German? But definitely not American.

Why would you suggest two scum teams so early in Day 2? You didn't even stop to consider that the kills could be from the vig and then a SK and one scum team, yet you immediately jumped to the conclusion of an American scum team, which only now is there evidence to suggest so.
Sathoris
Sathoris
Goon
Sathoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2127 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:36 am

Post by Sathoris »

Enigma wrote:Cuban I can understand, but I still fail to understand why you would think of American as a threat to peace. Remember in this world, America is glorified as the protector of peace and common sense would dictate that America be the protagonist in this game.

When can we start getting move votes on this fella guys?
Sotty7 wrote:
Cold War Mafia

A deeply flawed historical mafia event.
Don't assume anything based on nationalities and names. Scott turned out to be J Edgar Hoover. Someone you would classify as 'the protector of peace and common sense'.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2128 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:42 am

Post by Enigma »

This is at the beginning of Day 2. With 4 flips none of which have questionable flavor.

Not 4 days down the track with much more night kills information, and name reveals publicly known.

Nice defense of your scum buddy.
Sathoris
Sathoris
Goon
Sathoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2129 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:57 am

Post by Sathoris »

Che flipping town cuban roleblocker raised a few eyebrows.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2130 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:29 am

Post by bvoigt »

Enigma wrote:I'm not sure, maybe Soviet and German? But definitely not American.

Why would you suggest two scum teams so early in Day 2? You didn't even stop to consider that the kills could be from the vig and then a SK and one scum team, yet you immediately jumped to the conclusion of an American scum team, which only now is there evidence to suggest so.
The part about a SK is a good point, but it doesn't make as much sense flavorwise. And I'm Soviet and town-aligned, so I knew it wasn't capitalist versus communist.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #2131 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by Furcolow »

@Mod: More votes on Sathoris please
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2132 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Enigma wrote:So sir ...
How about maybe .... umm i dunno .. at least like decide if you still think smarg is scum based on what Scott posted, which I've quoted and/or offer more reasons as to why we should be on smarg.

Btw can someone give me a run down of Fonz. When reading 10 billion pages, and having the same person post 1000000000 words for something that can be said in a few sentences I kinda started skimming his stuff.
Do people think he is scummy or just a townie who loves to blind us all with walls.
I think your points on smarg are good. And I probably should make a case, but so often when I have done stuff like that in this game people have ignored it anyway so it's sort of hard to find the motivation.
In any case the people that aren't voting should be voting!!!

re: fonz - he's just hard to read in general. His walls are annoying though.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2133 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:38 pm

Post by Enigma »

You didn't answer the question through posting or through voting.
Your vote is still on smargret. If you think my points are good, then why is your vote still there?

Decide who you want to vote, and explain why.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2134 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:11 pm

Post by smargaret »

ThAd, make the case anyway. Not doing so is just lazy at this point.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2135 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:31 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Alright...
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #2136 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:18 am

Post by Sotty7 »

6th vote count of day 5

smargaret - 2 -
The Fonz, ThAdmiral
Sathoris - 2 -
bvoigt, Furcolow
PeregrineV - 1 -
smargaret
bvoigt - 1 -
Enigma

Not voting - 4 -
Sathoris, PeregrineV, Beasts of the Sea, Lowell
Last edited by Sotty7 on Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beasts of the Sea
Beasts of the Sea
Townie
Beasts of the Sea
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2137 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:27 am

Post by Beasts of the Sea »

The Fonz wrote:More inclined? Seriously, are you actually on the same planet as me here? She claims to have role info that someone is 100% scum, he flips town and you think that makes her MORE likely to be town?
Yes. More inclined.
The Fonz wrote:And flash wagon? WTF? I'm voting her because this may actually be the biggest no brainer in the history of mafia. Good God, how egregious an act does a player have to come out with in this game to get a wagon going? What the heck is wrong with coming in and getting straight to the point? I mean, later in this post you come in and make out that enigma not voting for or attacking his top suspect straight away is scummy. Here you're making me out to be scummy for voting the obvscum straight away. I don't get it... what do you think the protown thing to do when posting right at the start of the day is?
The way the discussion was going yesterday, it seemed that people (you and LMP come to mind) were already setting this lynch up yesterday if Feysal flipped town. It isn't out of the question that everybody would jump on board immediately on this smargaret wagon. I think there are other things to think about, instead of jumping up and down screaming "LIAR." Yesterday, you said this:
The Fonz wrote:
That leaves a couple of possibilities. Mod error, intentional bastardry, one or other didn't read the PM properly, or that Smargaret is lying.

The 'we should trust each other' thing does give me pause, and I'd like an explanation of that, but I'd also like both to request mod clarification here, because something isn't adding up. If Smargaret comes back and says 'Yes the mod has re-iterated that Feysal's rolename is East German' and Feysal comes back and says 'Mod has confirmed my rolename is soviet, not East German' then we have an either/or since the alternative would be directly lying to the players.
But I want to exhaust all other possibilities first.
You wanted to exhaust all possibilities first, right? So what is the hurry now, and how did you eliminate the mod error possibilities or intentional bastardry? Given the fact that the moderator flaked on this game I am just not ready to get out the pitchforks on smargaret yet. The fact that you see the situation just the opposite of how I do, especially with regard to the conflicting statements you made yesterday, sends flags up in my mind.
The Fonz wrote:It's quite possible the scumgroups have different power roles. I mean, we've seen a scum jailkeeper, and generally there isn't more than one of those in a game. I'm sure the mod will have tried to ensure that the scumgroups have basically equal amounts of role power, but that doesn't mean they have to have exactly the same roles.
I'm not suggesting that both the scum groups have the exact same roles; my point is that neighbor doesn't really have a balanced equivalent in terms of equal power. Do you agree or disagree?
Enigma wrote:Day 1 was 50 pages. Normal people start reading from day 1 without the knowledge of two scum teams (even if you are scum). Day 1 made up the bulk of my notes, and I actually read Day 1 more detail than the rest because reading 80 pages isn't fun. So when making my notes and looking at the player list with only one revealed scum, I only read in relation to the two flipped scum. A few days down the track it's still not obvious there are 2 scum teams.. could easily be a vig and a SK, especially with the lack of crosskills... Only this day do we confirm a second scum team.
We established that there was a vig at the beginning of day 2 when the odd night vig flipped. There was equivalent kill flavor on the even night, so yes there is still a vig out there.
Enigma wrote:And there mass minimal discussion on the probability of two scum teams during day 2 so don't bullshit me mate. I have the luxury of having recently read the game, it was bought up and it wasn't a massive discussion only a bit in the first few stages, nor was it in massive agreement.
Even so, there is no way that it should come as any sort of a shock to you that there are two scum teams. And especially so because, as you just said, you just recently read the game. If your objective by telling me that you only recently re-read the game was to get me to suspect you less in any way, you have failed miserably and in fact accomplished the exact opposite.
ThAdmiral wrote:
Beasts of the Sea wrote:I'm currently deciding which of The Fonz or Enigma is the best lynch for today.

The Fonz - you willing to help me lynch Enigma today?

Enigma - you willing to help me lynch The Fonz today?
This sounds your just going to go for the lynch that's easiest.
Not at all. I intend to see both lynched and since our job is to lynch scum I want to know if either of them will help me lynch the other. It might also help determine if they are on the same team or not, given their answers and then a flip.
ThAdmiral wrote:btw...

Lowell
Furcolow
BotS
Thad

voting bloc?
Yes. As long as we are voting Enigma or The Fonz I'm in. I would be open to other reads but I'm sold on these two both being scum. The Fonz's most recent "pushing" on Enigma for his inability to vote for his strongest suspects without The Fonz actually voting is sending flags up as likely scumbuddies. The Fonz's argument looks to me to be a justified reason to vote someone.
bvoigt wrote:@PeregrineV: RedCoyote was "poisoned," and someone was "assassinated" on Night 3, when we presumably had no vig shot. So the vig flavor must be "removed from the bunker."
All town night killing actions are "removed from the bunker". As far as I am aware, there is no real reason to think there is an SK in the setup. Also, there would have been many more deaths by now.
Enigma wrote:Also, before I forget I just want to say. First I want to say screw you all for calling me scummy for saying 2 scum teams.
I have a feeling that there may be a third party, looking at the night actions, I'm definitely feeling a 3rd party, I was going to head with vig, but the combinations just don't cut for me. A complementary odd/even night isn't working. And two shot vig is out of the question, and you don't find any 3+ shot above.
So in my little caffeine induced headache, I have decided that one (or even both) scum teams tried to shoot this SK who obviously needs some sort of bulletproof with so many night kills around, so they know who the SK is and probably are hinting to get them lynched.
Something worthwhile to consider a few days down the track.
^^Trying to muddy the waters on flavor and game setup when it is already obvious there are two scum teams, an even night vig, and an odd night vig. The classic 'Look at my right hand moving around while I steal your wallet with my left hand.'

VOTE: Enigma
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2138 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:36 am

Post by The Fonz »

Enigma wrote: The Fonz.
Well all I have to say is this guy posts way too many wall posts, and even after I commit myself to another read, walls are ghey and I skimmed most his posts. So I shall sit him in the null read of my players.
He also needs to put player names in his quotes so I know who he is referring to.
That is all on him.
Whenever I don't post player names, it's because I'm quoting a post containing multiple points, and don't feel the need to individually attribute every single one.

Also, LOLIRONY 'Walls suck' from a guy posting six consecutive posts, including walls. Sometimes it's necessary to go into detail to explain arguments which have depth.

Your bvoight point is bollocks. For one, there was a large discussion on D1 of what 'threats to peace' were, and that there probably was Soviet and American mafia. Then there were three kills night 1, and a vig flip. At the very least, there was going to be an American SK, and probably in a game of this size a full scumteam. To suggest this line of reasoning suggests insider knowledge is ridiculous. It was a war BETWEEN communists and capitalists. Only someone with ridiculous pro-American bias would think 'America good, Soviets bad' here.
Furcolow wrote:6v3v1

-Vig direction-
I'd rather you talked about who's scum.
Sathoris wrote:True. I haven't got time to properly make a case on my suspects. I'll try and do that this week when things have settled down.

I don't like the apparent free card Lowell is getting. He's not taking advantage of it, but rather draws our attention to the attempt. I like it.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I've given several reasons why I think he's town.
Sath wrote:The Fonz is trying to run the town more and more with large postings and commenting and anything he can get his hands. I'm not sure he's always like that, but I'm not comfortable with it. Especially since Jmj and mothrax were quite the opposite but all got the same role.
One, you're sheeping Enigma here. Two, let me rephrase that without the spin you put on it: "Fonz is creating content, giving opinions and reads, and trying to convince other people of them."

I'll respond to BoTS separately.
Sathoris
Sathoris
Goon
Sathoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2139 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:10 am

Post by Sathoris »

The Fonz wrote:One, you're sheeping Enigma here. Two, let me rephrase that without the spin you put on it: "Fonz is creating content, giving opinions and reads, and trying to convince other people of them."

That's your side of the coin.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #2140 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:48 am

Post by Furcolow »

Sathoris - 1 - bvoigt, Furcolow ???????????????????????

Vote count fixed, thanks. ~ Mod
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2141 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:55 am

Post by The Fonz »

Sathoris wrote:
The Fonz wrote:One, you're sheeping Enigma here. Two, let me rephrase that without the spin you put on it: "Fonz is creating content, giving opinions and reads, and trying to convince other people of them."

That's your side of the coin.
It's also a much more plausible interpretation than 'Fonz might be playing in a manner he clearly believes to be town-benefiting because he's scum.' If you have advice on how I could make the same points more concisely, I'd love to hear them. As far as I can see, most of my long posts are caused by me addressing several points in some depth. It's not like I'm fluffing here.

As far as I'm concerned, the game would be much better off if everyone was putting the thought into it that I am.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2142 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:56 am

Post by The Fonz »

Oh, before I forget, I support bvoight's call for a nationality claim.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2143 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:05 am

Post by Enigma »

I have nothing I wish to say.

Regardless of what I say about Fonz, he is right about one thing. People need to start putting effort into this game.

If it takes a nationality claim to get shit moving, or whatever it takes to make shit happen so be it.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2144 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:23 am

Post by PeregrineV »

OK, so finally finished the second half of the data I wanted to make available- the voting records for the mafia.

(If you see the word "table" appear three times under here- I'm not sure what causes it. Chalk it up to html error.)

Player VotingVP Baltar
PlayerFrequency
Gonnano
20%
No votes20%
Amrun17%
smargaret17%
The Fonz15%
DDD12%
Player VotingGonanno
PlayerFrequency
Amrun29%
No votes21%
The Fonz17%
Lowell12%
smargaret12%
Enigma8%
bunnylover2%
Player VotingStephoscope
PlayerFrequency
bvoigt29%
Furcolow21%
Amrun18%
No votes11%
Feysal8%
bunnylover6%
Gonnano
5%
smargaret2%
Player VotingScott Brosius
PlayerFrequency
Furcolow31%
Enigma18%
The Fonz11%
PeregrineV11%
Feysal8%
Amrun8%
Gonnano
5%
no votes5%
ThAdmiral3%
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2145 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:44 am

Post by PeregrineV »

bvoigt wrote:@PeregrineV: RedCoyote was "poisoned," and someone was "assassinated" on Night 3, when we presumably had no vig shot. So the vig flavor must be "removed from the bunker." Then you can figure out the remaining flavors from crosskills. "Poisoned" is Soviet, and "assassinated" is American.
bvoigt wrote:Also, would we benefit from a mass name claim?
Actually, instead of a mass name claim, how about just nationality claims?
So, Soviet mafia killed RedCoyote, Debonair Danny DiPietro (InflatablePie), nobody, and
Scott Brosius

American mafia killed LlamaFluff,
VP Baltar
, XScorpion, and LynchMePls.

Town vig RedCoyote killed hohum (Ghostwriter) night 1.

Town vig unknown killed nachomama8 night2 and
Stephoscope
night4.

So, why did the Soviet mafia not kill night 3?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2146 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:29 am

Post by smargaret »

I don't know, why don't you tell us? Seriously, you've posted four times now without actually contributing anything.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2147 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:26 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@smargaret- I'm sorry you feel that way. I will try to be more like you.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2148 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:41 am

Post by The Fonz »

Beasts of the Sea wrote:
The Fonz wrote:More inclined? Seriously, are you actually on the same planet as me here? She claims to have role info that someone is 100% scum, he flips town and you think that makes her MORE likely to be town?
Yes. More inclined.
That's simply ridiculous, and exactly the kind of wifom bullshit I was worried about yesterday.
BoTS wrote:You wanted to exhaust all possibilities first, right? So what is the hurry now, and how did you eliminate the mod error possibilities or intentional bastardry? Given the fact that the moderator flaked on this game I am just not ready to get out the pitchforks on smargaret yet. The fact that you see the situation just the opposite of how I do, especially with regard to the conflicting statements you made yesterday, sends flags up in my mind.

Mod error is eliminated, since Feysal flipped soviet, it was obviously intentional. The same thing rules out player error on Feysal's part.

I went out of my way to give Smargaret the chance to check with the mod whether there was some mistake, but she made absolutely clear that there was no possible ambiguity with her role PM- her claimed role pm and a Soviet, town, Feysal could not possibly both exist. The point is that, when someone appears to be setting up a 1-1, you want to make them be absolutely explicit, and leave no wriggle room for 'Oh I misread my PM' or 'maybe it wasn't a 1-1 after all' type wifom. So the reason I'm not considering those possibilities is that I gave Smarg the chance to explore them, and she herself emphatically ruled them out.

As for the intentional bastardry angle, there was no bastardry warning on the game. The rest of the game seems pretty standard. And directly telling Smarg 'Feysal is an East German Neighbor' and telling Feysal 'You are a Soviet Neighbor' would be such gross modding malpractice that I would go to mith and ask that Sotty be suspended from modding games. I have an incredibly hard time seeing how that could get past any sentient reviewer.

If one explanation requires the mod to be deliberately fucking the town over, and the other merely to have a given player as scum, which do you think is more likely?

Why are you going straight for the conspiracy theories rather than the simple and obvious explanation, that Smargaret is scum?
BoTS wrote: I'm not suggesting that both the scum groups have the exact same roles; my point is that neighbor doesn't really have a balanced equivalent in terms of equal power. Do you agree or disagree?
The question is misleading. What is required is not that both scumteams have a perfect counterpart for each role, but that the power level of the two teams as a whole are roughly equal. One could have two strong PRs, one three weaker ones, etc. I have a hard time thinking of a single role that perfectly counterbalances a rolecop, either. Not to mention, the power of a neighbor is pretty hard to quantify.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2149 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:37 am

Post by smargaret »

So Fonz, what are you going to say when I flip town?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”