Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:37 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2008, Heartless wrote:A reach out would've taken the form of publicly outing the SK since that was the only surefire way for Anen to get the joint win. Anen was trying to sneak by. How would that work? He would have to avoid getting scumread by the SK and keep the SK happy.

YEAH! I mean if he publicly outs the SK he's going to get lynched and then everyone is going to connect the dots and go "hrmmm..I guess Anen knew who the sk was 'cause he shot him and didn't die". Where is your thinking cap?

Also, you've not told me how me and Fonz "explaining" Anen's action last night is helping you find the sk.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:53 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 2025, Nero Cain wrote:YEAH! I mean if he publicly outs the SK he's going to get lynched and then everyone is going to connect the dots and go "hrmmm..I guess Anen knew who the sk was 'cause he shot him and didn't die". Where is your thinking cap?

Relevant context here in Anti's post:
In post 1975, Heartless wrote:
In post 1973, Heartless wrote:if he really wanted to tie, the better thing to do would've been to hammer aa9 and then say "HEY SK, I KNOW WHO YOU ARE, YOU'RE [NAME], DON'T SHOOT ME WE'LL GO TO PRISONER'S DILEMMA FOR THE TIE I'M SHOOTING DAVE."

THERE WAS A WINDOW OF TIME WHEN AA9 WAS AT L1

that anen posted in himself

in your theory, this would've been the time to drop the act and go for the tie.

it wouldn't have been to go into the night in silence and hope the sk was also going for the tie.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:55 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 2025, Nero Cain wrote:Also, you've not told me how me and Fonz "explaining" Anen's action last night is helping you find the sk.

Because he was poisoned with knowing who the SK was and, assuming he wasn't playing to lose, the identity of the SK can be reasoned backwards. Fonz has already presented his theories and I disagree with them. I want to know yours in case you say anything I didn't think of.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:03 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Well, FMPOV one of you two killed him 'cause you two actually suspected him and I'm leaning you.

Also anti's post is dumb. Like if he publicly admits to knowing the sk then he's (Anen) going to get lynched.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:04 am

Post by Heartless »

I'm only 2 hydra slips away from Anti now. :\

P.Edit: If it was after the hammer, there wasn't anything anyone could do about it.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:07 am

Post by Heartless »

It was 1:1:4 that day.

Dropping the hammer on AA9 and outing the SK would have taken it to 1:1:3.

Even if they overlapped kills, it would either be 1:1:2 or 1:1:1 the next day. Town wouldn't have had the number to lynch Anen if he outed the SK.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:23 am

Post by Nero Cain »

So why do you think he chose to not shoot the sk?

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:29 am

Post by Heartless »

Because he didn't feel the SK was a threat to him for several nights and he counted on the SK not shooting him. The benefit is that he can burn through the town in half the time because he's counting on another kill to always land on town (i.e. not him).
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:53 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 2028, Nero Cain wrote:Well, FMPOV one of you two killed him 'cause you two actually suspected him and I'm leaning you.

Also anti's post is dumb. Like if he publicly admits to knowing the sk then he's (Anen) going to get lynched.

Is that really, from your POV, why it's one of us? :P

In post 2032, Heartless wrote:Because he didn't feel the SK was a threat to him for several nights and he counted on the SK not shooting him. The benefit is that he can burn through the town in half the time because he's counting on another kill to always land on town (i.e. not him).

Only thing is that outing yourself is a bold and unusual move, and I don't think Anen who is a newbie would necessarily think of it in time.

Also, even if the SK doesn't seem to suspect you, that's different when Anen to win is relying on the SK to shoot every single other player in the game before him. It still seems to me not shooting the sk is a losing proposition for Anen, unless he's going for the tie.

Heartless. Since it's currently you who is suspected by the other two, then you should probably decide by tonight who you're going to vote.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:36 am

Post by The Fonz »

Seriously guys? 30 hrs without a post in endgame?

Whichever of you is town blows.

I'm pretty sure it's not a cross-site thing either.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:46 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 2034, The Fonz wrote:I'm pretty sure it's not a cross-site thing either.

I planned on making a post last night, but ended up having to take Antihero to the ER instead. It was not fun...

Currently on this account and maybe doing things, but I'm tired right now. How much time is there left?
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:27 am

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 6.4

Heartless (0):
Nero Cain (0):
The Fonz (0):
No Lynch (0):
Not Voting (3): Heartless, Nero Cain, The Fonz

It is now Day 6. With 4 alive, it is 3 to Lynch. Deadline is in (expired on 2014-12-19 00:00:00) on Friday, December 19th at 12:00 AM PST.

Roughly 10 hours and 33 minutes until deadline.
This is a Parachute.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:31 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2033, The Fonz wrote:Is that really, from your POV, why it's one of us?

Well, there's not much else to gather but I'd expect you two would have thought the same thing. The theory that I'm the sk and shot Anen over someone like you seems ridiculous to me.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:41 am

Post by Nero Cain »

This my weak spot though...

In post 1995, Nero Cain wrote:Well exactly what are you doing to find scum?

In post 1993, Heartless wrote:. On the other, the things you're posting don't show any thought for finding a theory that would explain Aneninen's behavior and how that might lead to the SK

This? You are basing your decision on who has the best explanation for why Anen killed the confirmed town.

Explain to me how that helps you figure out who the sk is?

In post 2009, The Fonz wrote:As for today, I'm particularly underwhelmed with TTH's scumhunting. We get the 'Fonz, what were you trying late yesterday?' question, but no follow-ups, and no sign of TTH having drawn any conclusions from it. Then we get this massive burst of defensive effort in trying to take down my theories about Anen, but I don't see anything that looks like trying to tell me and Nero apart.

Fonz is saying the same thing. Now maybe he's just scum shadowing me but like 9 hours to go and if I'm wrong then I'll just blame it on angel.

Kinda worried about Fonz wanting us two to vote.

Fuck it, i got a few hours.

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:08 pm

Post by The Fonz »

I don't want "you two" to vote. I specifically want TTH to vote, because no one ever wants to go first in endgame, but someone has to and she's the one the other two lean towards.

Also lol at the idea I'm 'shadowing' you. There's one guy busting his ass to figure shit out here, and it ain't you.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:15 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

*sigh* You have more Bark than you do bite.

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:36 pm

Post by The Fonz »

It's a verbal game. How could it be otherwise? :p

But I'll be quite happy when I no longer have to pore over the tiniest intricacies of Anen's play to tell apart two players who don't seem to care.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:20 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Posting in a couple hours, have to do something more important first.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:51 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2041, The Fonz wrote:It's a verbal game. How could it be otherwise? :p

But I'll be quite happy when I no longer have to pore over the tiniest intricacies of Anen's play to tell apart two players who don't seem to care.

My point is that we were both arguing the same thing (you in more words) yet you are getting all angry and argumentative over me being paranoid that you were "sheeping" my point. Its pointlessly aggressive behavior, TSO does the same shit and I wish you two turds would knock it off. Though it is kinda funny when you just accused AA9 of the same shit.

TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:19 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 2041, The Fonz wrote:But I'll be quite happy when I no longer have to pore over the tiniest intricacies of Anen's play to tell apart two players who don't seem to care.

Oh wow, screw you Fonz.

Over the course of this game, I've been dealing with this massive amount of bullshit from Anti's stubbornness on mollie to taking crap from sthar to Nacho's flak to the Anen read (which,
you're
now retroactively wanting to write off
, by the way).

You just got here. We've been in this trench warfare for months. I'm tired. My nerves are frayed.

Now you're insisting you're "busting your ass" and when the obvious optimal strategy for Anen is pointed you, you want to hand wave it off as oh- Anen- probably- wasn't- smart- enough- to- think- of- that explanation. No, what you're really doing is obscuring some intricate theory that Anen
somehow
would've thought it was a good idea to keep us around as SK behind walls of bullshit. Some such nonsense about how he was playing for the tie when he marched into the
past two nights in silence
and didn't kill the SK.

Anti kept hitting the point that Anen wouldn't have kept us around,
especially given he had the upper hand on the SK for two nights
. That made him "pointlessly hostile" though. Somehow. And you keep pushing the theory. Because you're the only other one who would've killed Anen and you can't make a case on Nero with a straight face.
That vote's never come out to play though.
Even though it's been
abundantly clear
from almost the entire day you never considered a theory where we weren't SK.

Now everyone has to walk on eggshells around you because you're just too big for your britches and you have an ego made of glass. I can't add a stupid smiley emoticon and make an off-the-cuff silly ass post about prisoner's dilemma without you getting a big stick up your ass about me being "patronizing" or some such when I meant no such thing. Anti's a "fucking douche." Nero's "fucking terrible." sthar has "an ego." AA9 and Anen were two "worst players." You're "underwhelmed" by what I'm doing. Oh, I'm sorry Fonz, let me just fucking drop everything around me to write walls of self-serving logical circle-jerking. Because that's really what's getting stuff done. It must be really hard to be better than everyone around you.

Whatever, deadline's three hours away and a vote needs to be cast. I hate that I've waited to be in the neurotic, pissed off state beforehand, but that's how it is.

VOTE: Fonz

Nero, if it is you, then you deserve it. Take it, please don't string me along.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:20 pm

Post by Heartless »

VOTE: The Fonz

If that didn't count.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:25 pm

Post by Heartless »

Nero, I see you around. If you're the SK, just hammer, you don't need to make a pretty gloat post.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:28 pm

Post by Heartless »

For fuck's sake, what's going on Nero? I'm sitting here F5'ing like a crazy person and there's nothing.

UNVOTE:
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:31 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Heartless' post makes me smile and half of me wants to vote Fonz 'cause he's a dick and hey maybe I am over thinking things here and it is Fonz and none of the town picked up on Sthar's bad play 'cause?

Heartless, why would you unvote Fonz if you believe he's scum?

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:32 pm

Post by Heartless »

I saw you in the chat lobby a few minutes ago.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Return to “Completed Open Games”