cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #936 (isolation #200) » Wed May 28, 2008 4:14 pm

Post by cicero »

oh, and - Great game Adel! Thanks for doing it!
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #939 (isolation #201) » Wed May 28, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by cicero »

Porochaz wrote:So cicero is this your last game on scum? You kinda suggested it earlier...
Yes and no. I'm done signing up for games for a while. I need a break. Whether I ever sign up for one again is totally unknown.

But Im not going anywhere really. I mod my first mini after June 23rd. So that'll keep me around at least until the fall, and by then I might want to play again. Who knows.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #946 (isolation #202) » Wed May 28, 2008 4:28 pm

Post by cicero »

Right but if I did lynch you, couldnt I still vig Jester?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #958 (isolation #203) » Wed May 28, 2008 4:57 pm

Post by cicero »

I dont know if the game is balanced or not but it was certainly swingy and the way things played out certainly felt like it favored town. I dont know that it really did though from a setup perspective. Id say if a bunch of people played this setup again it could end up a scum blow out. Im not sure. 2 nightkills and zombies in one shared win condition faction of scum. Thats pretty impressive.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #967 (isolation #204) » Thu May 29, 2008 3:36 am

Post by cicero »

I thought you were a survivor. I don't understand. Are you saying you were not one?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #969 (isolation #205) » Thu May 29, 2008 3:51 am

Post by cicero »

I considered you potentially anti-town at the end because...why not...thats why. When we were in Pirates vs Ninjas you were pretty activist as scum, lots of posts and lots of sneaky plans. No matter how "townie" you play in a game, I'll always be looking carefully at you to see if you are playing me. In this game, it was mostly about mechanisms though. I thought you were very town at the beginning, but I thought it was possible that there was a mechanism whereby scum started dead in the game but were listed as confirmed townies. I also had trouble with the two trackers on the same team. It was all about just trying to narrow down the setup possibilities, really. I still dont know who I would have vigged. As you and Porochaz talked more though, I became more comfortable with the idea of both of you as town - you because of your behavior and Chaz because the scum shot him dead as a clear nightkill choice. So I was really hoping Jester ended the game. And he did! Yaaaay!

@Streetflo - No, it wasnt dumb to believe that. This is a very weird setup. Anything could have been happening. Please remember that I was more likely to rule out a DGB cult because I was rezzed by DGB and did not come back as cult.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #971 (isolation #206) » Thu May 29, 2008 7:07 am

Post by cicero »

That was very good play, Shaft.ed. But so was my bold self-hammer counter strategy. :)
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #973 (isolation #207) » Thu May 29, 2008 7:39 am

Post by cicero »

You should still be proud of the play. I just had to deal with how best to influence DGB and straight out argument wasnt going to do it. I did what I did in the hopes of changing her mind and getting resurrected. Of course I never really believed fully in the cult mechanism she had thought of and figured it was more something to be ruled out. I was more into the death millers, death anti-millers thing.

It's good on DGB that she actually figured that mechanism up and brought it into the open fairly early on in the game. I never would have thought of it. My mind tries to block out cults.

I thought your case on me was very very good. If I wasnt me, I probably would have believed it too, so I don't blame DGB for believing it. I do blame her for closing her mind after it and not being willing to do anything else but lynch me. It's one of the reasons I eventually shot her. After all, I knew I was town rezzer, so I could hardly rule her out as a scum rezzer.

Another note that's important - looking at scumtells in this game, I constantly tried to remember that scum didnt need to eliminate all townies, just play for time. So it was possible to do townie things "like rezzing me post lynch" or behaving like Guardian, and still be scum.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #978 (isolation #208) » Thu May 29, 2008 11:09 am

Post by cicero »

Extremely whacky game.

Super duper swingy.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #984 (isolation #209) » Fri May 30, 2008 4:45 am

Post by cicero »

One interesting thing about this game was that I think we all (and maybe it was just me) went into day one after seeing the two scum deaths assuming that we just had a sweep up exercise to do and that the game had already started into a process of elimination later game phase. I'm glad the cult mechanism was there (shhh...dont tell anyone I said that!) because it confounded that expectation and really kept us guessing.

I can see, Adel, how you might have been disappointed that the game got to be more about mechanic probing then about scumtells, but that's really what happens a lot with any weird mechanic game, and its a refreshing change so long as people are braced for the fact that it will be a weird game going in to it.

During the duration of this game, I dropped out of a couple of games because I didnt have the time or energy to put into them. But this one I stayed in because it did have a bit of a more relaxed feel to it in that respect. It was good. I liked it.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #986 (isolation #210) » Fri May 30, 2008 9:31 am

Post by cicero »

How did the scum feel about their being no night talk allowed at all? I think that would have pissed me off in your shoes.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”