Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:33 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Albert, what convinces you Yos is town? I would be much more comfortable with a director who we are sure is town.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:37 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I'm not convinced he is town, but I rather have Yos than Guardian. Both Guardian and YB seem unstable. CDB is a bit too stubborn based on what I know of him, and CTD sounds useful, but I have more confidence in the abilities of Yos based on the games I've been with him.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:37 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

(eyebrow) We're not SURE that anyone is pro-town, OTM.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:41 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

I'm sure Albert is town because we both did not get a PM and found about the game when we got prodded. You say we could have plotted this from the beginning as scum, but from my perspective, I know that didn't happen. So in my book, we're practically a mason group.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:43 pm

Off the Mark wrote:I'm sure Albert is town because we both did not get a PM and found about the game when we got prodded. You say we could have plotted this from the beginning as scum, but from my perspective, I know that didn't happen. So in my book, we're practically a mason group.
Exactly. On the downside, one of us is probably going to die - either that or it will make it easier to find Jack Bauer by deducting the two of us :?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:49 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Jack Bauer is an NPC, not a role. I'm curious to see how the "roles" and the "jobs" are going to work together. Seems to me the simplest thing to be would have only two roles - vanilla and terrorists - but certainly anything is possible.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:50 pm

Post by Guardian »

I buy that Albert and OTM are town. Albert, do you feel up for director? I would be OK with it ending up being you.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:51 pm

I'd rather have Yos as director for day 1 because of his experience, but I will keep a close eye on him, as everyone should.
Korran
Korran
Vampire Scum
Korran
Vampire Scum
Vampire Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:52 pm

Post by Korran »

unvote,vote yos
Rise at night,
Fear no fight,
The time of the sun,
Is when we're done.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:52 pm

Day 1, hour 1, you know what I mean.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:53 pm

Post by Guardian »

This is pretty sweet, I'm almost certain that YB, Korran, Albert, and OTM are town. This game should end up with a win >_>. And me, fwiw.

Yos would do a damn good job if he is town. I will do a good job too. Albert might do a good job, and is definitely town.
Do not lynch me.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:53 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

bleh - should have been "the simplest thing would be to have only two roles"
Korran
Korran
Vampire Scum
Korran
Vampire Scum
Vampire Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:55 pm

Post by Korran »

But then it wouldn't really be 24.
Rise at night,
Fear no fight,
The time of the sun,
Is when we're done.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:23 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Ok, I'm here.

I'd like to mention that I neiether got an initial PM or a prod, and just now found this game. Much apologies.

I'm reading the whole thing. from my skimming it looks like we're trying to elect a director?

I'll try and see how fast I can read 9 pages
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:30 pm

Post by Guardian »

This seems kind of unfair for the scum. Poor scum :twisted:.
Do not lynch me.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:37 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

I'm just posting my thoughts as they evolve during my read through.

Guardian, I'm honored you name me second choice, but I don't think I have too great a grasp on this setup to be director, but I don't think I quite grasp this setup enough to do well. I don't mind being Deputy, however, as by the time the director dies, I'll probably have a much better understanding of how everything works, and will feel much more comfortable in the position

I dont quite agree with Yos's plan of primarily hunting scum in the beginning. Not only does it detract from this game's unique setup, but it could also leave us in a position where we may realize we're losing the Jack Bauer side of the Town Win Condition, and it's too late to do anything.
Xdaamno wrote:I say we give the intelligent players the roles least useful to the terrorists and most useful to the town so they can't screw us over that bad if they're scum
You obviously missed the part that says Don't put terrorists here, or they'll mess up the town. Analysts can falsify reports, liaisons can cancel their jobs at the last minute, Field Agent Bodyguards can abandon their post so their scum buddies can kill the crucial operative, and go on to assassinate someone else

Which is an issue that I don't think has been brought up or stated in the first post. Does the Director give a job and assignment, or does a Field Agent choose between Guarding someone or assassinating? Everyone seems convinced the Director contrls absolutely everything, but I've seen nothing to confirm this. I'd also like to know if Position assignments will be made public or private. Otherwise this whole "we need bodyguards protecting X Role" is bunk, as the only person we know is what role is The Director.

I do, kind of sort of, like Xdaamno's immediate revelation of info idea, but good scum will have had plenty of time deciding how to much up the information to Town's disadvantage. An hour (3 Days) is more than enough to make up a false report from Jack Bauer, and even less is needed for a scum cop to tell Town that a townie isn't.

Possible Yogurt and Guardian connection aside, I really don't like this statement
YogurtBandit wrote:Vote:Guardian

But only if I get to be Liason. Razz
Votes For Favors FTL

Alarm on Guardian. Although I don't quite agree with Yos's plans, I don't like Guardian saying, "You're scummy for campaigning for Director, because I want to be Director."Especially since Guardian has said "I want to be Director." When Yos hasn't

And another tun around. Guardian presents a position setup similar to the one I was thinking, with emphasis on Liasons, with their useful powers, and gets points for bringin up the White House's wonderful power of making things go faster, whiich is great in deadline games. I don't think we need 4 though. 2 or 3 sound better. Should probably move 1 or 2 to crypto and/or SIA

I don't like Korran, but it's probably for the same reason that I hate Newbie Games, so I'll ignore the fact that I don't like him for now.

I like Korran even less now for being emotional and letting Xdaamno pressure him into unvoting. More newbness but newb traits that I just hate.

CrashTextDummie calls for prods after lurking himself. Doesn't post much, but I like what he says when he does. Million Dollar Question FTW.
Korran wrote:Hey my name's not K
Yes it is

DICTATOR!!!!

Answering CTD's questions
1. What do you think the most important role (besides Director) is?
Crypto's, most likely, seeing as everything goes to and out of them
2. Which player would you like to see in that position?
Not sure. I'm more concerned about who gets the Dictator seat
3. Which player do you trust least?
Korran
4. What role, if any, would you like assigned to that player?
I can't answer this. To be honest, I'd rather not give him a position at all, even though everything seems vital At the moment

I wasn't a big fan of the Guardian-Korran-Yogurt group theory's, but Guardian to suggest putting them both in Crypto is....unthinkable. What the hell dude?

Interesting that Yos wouldsuggest Guardian as Deputy, seeing as how Guardian was throwing scummy comments at him......interesting indeed

And there's the prod alert(That I didn't get)

And enter two of the lurkers.
Albert wrote:Not receiving roles really screwed us over
QFT

I really don't like Korran....did I mention that already?

Wait....when did Guardian say he didn't get a role PM? Holy crap....To be honest, to me, that makes him look a bit more scummy.....Xdaamno was kidding, Guardian said he wasn't. I really don't want to re-read this in that new light, so I'll just keep it in mind.

More mindless babeling and complaining about lack of any PM whatsoever....yakkety yak yak yak

OK....where the hell did CDB go? He hasn't said a thing since Yos and CTD first started talking about how many of what role should we have.

Actually, now that I've read a bit, I don't think I would mind being Director much. However, it seems Yos is the most likely to be voted into the chair, and he is much more experienced than I. CTD is another great choice, but I'm thinking Directors should be more active. He says he wasn't lurking, that he was watching the game, but there;s nothing to show for it.

But, with the Deadline in a week, I'll go ahead and
I'd vote for Yos, but that'll end the hour, and I just got here

PLEASE NO MORE YOS VOTES! GIVE US NEWCOMMERS THE OPPURTUNITY TO CONTRIBUTE!

Here. Have a Vote Count
7 Yosarian(CDB, EyceKing, Spambot, Yosarian, Albert, Korran)
3 Guardian(Guardian, YogurtBandit)
2 CTD(CTD, Xdaamno)
1 Albert(Off The Mark)
1 UltimaAvalon(UltimaAvalon)

Not voting:
Spambot
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:38 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

EBWOP: Because I can't count

Here. Have a Vote Count
6 Yosarian(CDB, EyceKing, Spambot, Yosarian, Albert, Korran)
3 Guardian(Guardian, YogurtBandit)
2 CTD(CTD, Xdaamno)
1 Albert(Off The Mark)
1 UltimaAvalon(UltimaAvalon)

Not voting:
Spambot
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:44 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Players choose what actions to use for their role.

not the Director.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:25 am

Post by Guardian »

If we're not going to make me director, which it seems momentum has faded from, maybe we should make Albert director? In my eyes, the six I mentioned are very likely town, but I can see how the town wouldn't trust Korran, YB, and me.

UA, Albert, and OTM seem like they've got to be town to me though. Albert I think would do well as director, why not make someone we are almost sure is town director?
Do not lynch me.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:40 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I'd be happy with Ultima or Albert - I think I've got a decent grasp on the game too, but as I am fairly new around here, I'll happily defer to one of them. Seems like the director simply chooses which positions to fill and who to fill them with, and then all other decisions are made by the players.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:50 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Woops, just checked the join dates, looks like they're fairly new too.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:48 am

Post by Xdaamno »

I'm actually interested in a few opinions of myself. Ultima just touched on me, but I seem to have not attracted much attention despite being one of the to poster in the first half of hour 0. I'm usually one of the first guys lynched -_-'

Anyway, guardian's once again jumping players with no good evidence from my POV. IGMEOY *twisted*

I'm pretty sure yos is being elected, so want to move onto game theory?
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:45 am

Xdaamno wrote:I'm actually interested in a few opinions of myself. Ultima just touched on me, but I seem to have not attracted much attention despite being one of the to poster in the first half of hour 0. I'm usually one of the first guys lynched -_-'

Anyway, guardian's once again jumping players with no good evidence from my POV. IGMEOY *twisted*

I'm pretty sure yos is being elected, so want to move onto game theory?
I already said you sounded terrorist 8)
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:07 am

Post by Guardian »

Xdaamno, I can see why you are usually lynched first.

If we elect Yos as director, UA, Albert, And OTM = great for crypto. I buy their not getting the pm. If I wasn't randomly skimming the forum, that would have happened to me too. CTD = decent as Counterinteligence, as I think it would be hard to falsify the code. CTD might be scum, but if he doesn't target scummy candidates, and get real results, then that will show. I want Xdaamno as a bodyguard on the most important crypto. Honestly, he seems maybe second most scummy and definitely the least helpful to me.

Like I said, I also think Korran and YB would be great for crypto. Obviously the five I mentioned can't all be crypto, some being liaisons to NSA or White House would make sense.

Yos, I still feel I would be good as FBI. I would assume that if I had someone arrested then that would show up - I can't do that and get away with it. At FBI, I would use the cop role only, because I don't trust Yos or CTD, but if they are town I want them confirmed and running the show. Me being deputy director seems like a waste since I wouldn't really be doing anything. I guess I would be OK with it though. Albert seems like a good choice as deputy, as he is likely town and seems like he would do a good job as director.

I think people like CDB Spambot or Eyceking, who I haven't gotten great reads on, should be in SIA, since that is a useful job but one that is hard to falsify.

Whoever is assigned to the white house's first move HAS to be to speed up the FBI. The FBI is the most crucial outside agency, imo, and having them go 25% faster is critical. NSA I just assume we will get good intel from; I think one of UA Albert or UA would be good there since that will help us track down Jack.

Really, we want town players as liasons almost as much as crypto; false info or lack of info from the agencies will kill us. With Yos as director, I would recommend something like this:

Director: Yos
Deputy: Albert
CIA: CTD
SIA: Eyceking
SIA: ChanelDelBird
Crypto: OffTheMark
Crypto: Korran
Field Agent/Bodyguard on OTM: Xdaamno
Field Agent/On Call/Switchable: Spambot
White House: YB/UA (whichever is less trusted)
FBI: Guardian (I don't think I could get away with shenanigans here if scum, I am pro town, and I want to dig into the histories of certain players)
NSA: UltimaAvalon (whichever is more trusted)

For the record, I really really really question this "elect Yos as director even when we have three very very likely townies" groupthink. I am town, and I would like to be director, so electing me I assure you is not a bad play, but I'm sure some would disagree with me here. However, Albert (of the "confirmed" townies) seems like a really really good choice for director. Having a pro-town director is crucial. Yos would then be good in CIA or SIA or something, and someone in an investigative role could clear him and then have him moved to deputy.

My thoughts.
Do not lynch me.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:19 am

As for me, this would be my ideal setup:

Director: Yos
Deputy: UltimaAvalon
CIA: Spambot(I trust him more than YB, Xdaamo)
SIA: ChanelDelBird
Counterintelligence Agent: Albert B. Rampage
Crypto: OffTheMark
Crypto: Eyceking
Field Agent/Bodyguard on OTM: Xdaamno
Field Agent/Bodyguard on counterintelligence agent: YB
White House: Korran
FBI: Guardian
NSA: CrashTextDummie

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”