ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:45 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Kate wrote:You can gain alot of things from a claim, but people lie in this game. People lie and it's alot harder to tell when they are and when they aren't. You're not playing with them face-to-face, so it's alot easier for them to lie and you believe them, or for you to not believe them and lynch wrong. So really, you don't always gain things from a claim.
You know there are other topics to talk about. You just seem to be getting caught up with the whole claim thing. I'd like to see your opinion on other matters as well.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:18 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

pickemgenius wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Like I said earlier, he's already defended himself against what case there was. Therefore, if you say he hasn't defended himself, you must be referring to another case that none of us know about, which would've been enough to lynch him, combined with other actions. But you said there wasn't enough of a case to lynch him.

I still am not quite sure
J-man wrote:
well i can see that you guys are quite intent on killing me and ive spent a hour and a bit reading the posts over and trying to figure out a airtight argument that i could use in my defence, mabye its because of inexpierence that i cant find one but in any case im pretty sure that my defence is already stated
and if there is another out there that thinks i am mafia... well then i cant do a whole lot to stop you.
the defence behind the hinting about a power role is this, i was hoping that you guys would move on with out moving to the point that if i was i would have to claim.
qualifies much for a defense. Still.
myself wrote:The afformentioned scummy vibes i've recently got is that in my first game ever (Newbie 334) one of the scum didn't post a defense for himself, and only listed a suspicion list. So it's
almost
like deja-vu, with a different person.
That's my basic case against him. It for sure isn't hidden.
If THAT is the only thing he needed to defend against, then he had nothing to defend against. Your "case" is complete bullshit. That like saying "Yosarian2 was aggressive as scum in another game, so since Pooky is aggressive in this game, he must be scum!" or "BM plays really scummy as town, so since MrBuddyLee is being scummy right now, he must be town as well!" That is complete and utter nonsense. You cannot base your scumtells off a single example of another players playstyle as scum. What about the other scum in that game? Did they post a defense for themself? What about the people who refuse to defend themselves on principle? Are they all scum? You case is horrible, and it smells like a scum concoction to boot.
Permanent V/LA.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:47 pm

Post by Adel »

I agree that his example is crap. However, if he would've just written "not defending yourself seems scummy to me" I wouldn't see a problem with it, and that is the case behind his example. He didn't vote for J-man, and had several chances to. He used a crap example in support a valid opinion. Hanlon's razor may apply. I have other problems with him which I feel are of greater importance.

pickemgenius: How scummy or innocent do you currently consider J-man to be? What relationships do you see between J-man and other players, both positive and negative? What do you make of Kate at this point?
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:03 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

Adel wrote:
pickemgenius: How scummy or innocent do you currently consider J-man to be? What relationships do you see between J-man and other players, both positive and negative? What do you make of Kate at this point?
My example may be crap, that's why I haven't placed an FOS, IGMEOY, or VOTE on J-man this whole time.

J-man, I could see as newbie scum, or newbie town who is used to super fast games. His ambiguity I do not like so much though.

J-man has been attacking MOS more recently, while early on pushing for a Tromboner lynch. Everyone else he seems to be ok with.

Kate- doesn't like J-man bandwagon. Doesn't think lurking=scum.Thinks Adel is suspicous because it looked like she wanted to kill the lurkers. Doesn't like reasoning behing dylan vote. Doesn't like claiming. Doesn't know whether or not to believe J-man claim.Doesn't like how J-man keeps hinting at a power role. MOS and Kate get in playstyle debate. I'm not sure, I think that Kate is town, but there is a little part in me that says the other. She is pretty focused on Adel.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:16 pm

Adel, him not voting merely makes it look like he was trying to pile suspicion on J-man, who had a bandwagon going. That's a classic scum strategy, pushing the bandwagon without being on it. Then, he can go back later and say "hey, I wasn't on the bandwagon, don't blame me!" This makes me more sure that J-man is town.
Permanent V/LA.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:41 pm

Post by Adel »

Do you have enough confidence in your conclusion that you would be happy to see him hang without additional evidence?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:44 pm

Post by Adel »

Oh, and I totally don't expect you to answer that if you think you have a decent reason not to. I didn't think it through all of the way.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:01 am

Adel, you do realize that making that post has completely made it pointless for me not to answer if I did have a reason not to?

And yes, I would like pickem to hang.
Permanent V/LA.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:43 am

Post by Adel »

Yeah, well "edit" and "delete" weren't options. I only post half of the posts I actually write. A bad one made it through Quality Assurance.

Anyway, I'm not on the pickemgenius wagon- yet.

I don't like the low activity level in this game. There are scum among the lurkers.
Kate
Kate
Goon
Kate
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:27 am

Post by Kate »

pickemgenius wrote:Kate- doesn't like J-man bandwagon. Doesn't think lurking=scum.Thinks Adel is suspicous because it looked like she wanted to kill the lurkers. Doesn't like reasoning behing dylan vote. Doesn't like claiming. Doesn't know whether or not to believe J-man claim.Doesn't like how J-man keeps hinting at a power role. MOS and Kate get in playstyle debate. I'm not sure, I think that Kate is town, but there is a little part in me that says the other. She is pretty focused on Adel.
hmmm, i don't like the J-man wagon? i don't actually remember saying that. i don't remember saying scum doesn't lurk either, though i may have said it doesn't ALWAYS mean they're scum. i thought adel was suspicious for wanting to kill lurkers before, not too sure any more. i don't even remember the dylan vote. i don't like trying to force someone to claim on day one. evrything else you said is basically true.

i'm surprised the j-man wagon seemed to stop, now mainly the only people still voting are those who haven't talked in such a long time...

i thought it was odd that adel asked pickem about j-man, and then brought up me. y not ask the whole town? i don't think they wold be scum together though, just too obvious, but still a bit odd, maybe i just don't like that he brought up me :wink:
I don't know the meaning of the word "surrender". I mean, I know it, I'm not dumb... just not in this context. -The Tick
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:35 am

Post by Adel »

I find the interaction between Kate and pickemgenuis interesting.

Kate: I would like to see you ask pickemgenuis more questions. What would be so obvious about an Adel&pickemgenuis scumpair?
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:50 am

Post by pickemgenius »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Adel, him not voting merely makes it look like he was trying to pile suspicion on J-man, who had a bandwagon going. That's a classic scum strategy, pushing the bandwagon without being on it. Then, he can go back later and say "hey, I wasn't on the bandwagon, don't blame me!" This makes me more sure that J-man is town.

Me not hammering makes me scum?

What if I would have hammered, and what if he did come up town?
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love

STREAMING:

dylan41985
dylan41985
Goon
dylan41985
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:37 am

Post by dylan41985 »

vote J-man
again
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:11 am

Post by Adel »

unvote:dylan41985
and just for emphasis
vote dylan41985
again.
Kate
Kate
Goon
Kate
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:32 pm

Post by Kate »

Adel wrote:I find the interaction between Kate and pickemgenuis interesting.

Kate: I would like to see you ask pickemgenuis more questions. What would be so obvious about an Adel&pickemgenuis scumpair?
I think me and pickem are basically the same as me and anyone else, you asked him what he thought of me, he answered you with some incorrect statements, i corrected them. how is that interesting?

why would u like me to ask him more questions? i really don't have much to ask, it's weird to want someone to ask someone things, IMO, anyway.

what would be obvious for an Adel&pickemgenius scumpair, is that scum wouldn't just ask their buddy in front of everyone else what they think about someone.
I don't know the meaning of the word "surrender". I mean, I know it, I'm not dumb... just not in this context. -The Tick
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:09 pm

pickemgenius wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:Adel, him not voting merely makes it look like he was trying to pile suspicion on J-man, who had a bandwagon going. That's a classic scum strategy, pushing the bandwagon without being on it. Then, he can go back later and say "hey, I wasn't on the bandwagon, don't blame me!" This makes me more sure that J-man is town.

Me not hammering makes me scum?

What if I would have hammered, and what if he did come up town?
Had you hammered him, you probably would've been vigged or lynched the next day. Knowing this, you couldn't justify a hammer vote. However, you post a weak case that says to newbie town "I didn't think J-man was worth lynching based on what he did before, but now I think he is." this essentially tells a newbie that you support a bandwagon on J-man, so they might throw down the hammer, seeing such overwhelming support from the town.
Permanent V/LA.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:32 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

Mastermind of Sin wrote: However, you post a weak case that says to newbie town "I didn't think J-man was worth lynching based on what he did before, but now I think he is."

Show me somewhere, where I said he was worth lynching now.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:33 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

EBWOP: I said he was more likely scum. Never did I say I wanted to lynch him.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:34 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

vote: dylan41985
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:42 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

unvote:

vote: dylan 41985

Dude, you have to do more then pop by every few days and vote.

Mod:
How are the prods going/ will we need any replacements?
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

Per
Per
Goon
Per
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:50 am

Post by Per »

Prod sent to DanMonkey and Tromboner.

Since I didn't explicitly state how many time everyone would get to pick up a prod, I'm setting it to 72 hours. That means we will need replacements for fak and carrotcake tomorrow.

Now I'm posting, I might as well do another vote count.

Vote Count (#7)

dylan41985: 4 (DanMonkey, Adel, ThAdmiral, pickemgenius)
J-man: 3 (fak, Tromboner, dylan41985)
DanMonkey: 1 (Carrotcake)
Adel: 1 (Kate)
Mastermind of Sin: 1 (J-man)
pickemgenius: 1 (Mastermind of Sin)

Not voting: 1 (molestargazer)

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Last edited by Per on Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
dylan41985
dylan41985
Goon
dylan41985
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:42 am

Post by dylan41985 »

Mod:
does J-man have 2 or 3 votes?
Per
Per
Goon
Per
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:53 am

Post by Per »

3 - my bad.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:12 pm

Now you're playing semantics, pickem. It's not what you actually say, it's what you imply by your actions. You did not
say
that you wanted J-man lynched, but your actions implied that you supported such an action.
Permanent V/LA.
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:13 pm

Post by J-man »

i REALLY REALLY want to vote pickem but instead i will
FO
Major
S:pickem

you can't just jump on a forming bandwagon (clearly jumping on as it forms since you posted twice after Dylan but before your vote) and it clear that you had read up to that point atleast because you responded to MoS... your definatly pouring out scummy vibes over here.

and not to ignore the dylan fiasco :S wth are you on... your not this inactive in other games... so why this one he definatly lurking why? idk im pretty sure ive got my scum pinned down but this is making me rethink everything. so yea Dylan
IGMEOY

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”