Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:28 am

Post by Werebear »

Finally, Prizm joined JereIC, Leonardo 007, and Mathcam2 in lynching Mojo. The four of them approached Mojo bleakly, hoping they were doing the right thing. Mojo started looking desperate, and tried to to run away. The four tackled him. As he fell towards the ground, a knife fell out of his pocket, along with a list of the names of who was still alive. A mafia at last!

The town decided to just tie him up and burn him alive. It took a long time for the screams to stop echoing.

Mojo, mafia, has been lynched.

It is NIGHT. Deadline saturday for the mafia's choice.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:34 am

Post by mathcam »

Wooo!!!!! I mean *snore*...

Cam
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:55 am

Post by Werebear »

Another night. Sanity was beginning to slip on our few remaining ragged souls. The only thing that kept most of them from cracking was that knowledge that their job was half done. The remaining 6 had decided to all sleep in the common room, so when one was murdered, the rest would hear their screams and find out who was the culprit. The night passed peacefully! Actually, so peacefully that when all woke late the next morning, they thought they had finally foiled the mafia. But it was not to be.

Poor Leonardo 007 had stepped out for a simple bathroom break, and never returned. He was found strangled to death, slumped over the sink, his purple face frozen in a terror mask. The remaining five dragged him out to the firepit, avoiding looking at the white bones sticking up from the dew-covered ashes. In went the body, on went the gasoline, whoosh went the flames. Leonardo 007, pre-K teacher at the Broome County YMCA was no more.

Surprisingly the "mourners", though still shocked, nauseated, and disgusted at the gruesome death, were upbeat. They'd killed a mafia yesterday, and they'd lived through the night. This could be the last day of their torment. All they had to do was find the last mafia.

...of course, one of the "mourners" was upbeat because they knew they were close to eliminating the town as well....

It is DAY. 5 Alive, 3 to lynch.

STILL ALIVE:

JereIC
Prizm
Mathcam2 (replacing Yanqush)
Discer
Tigris
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:05 am

Post by mathcam »

An interesting choice for the mafia. I think he was one of the most innocent to discer and myself (and maybe Tigris too), but certainly I tend to think discer (or possibly myself?) were the most agreed upon innocents. Why didn't one of them have to eat a bullet? Hmmm....

Off to think about which of you would want most to have Leo dead.

Cam
Prizm
Prizm
Goon
Prizm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:18 am

Post by Prizm »

Mathcam: Yes, very interesting, especially when you'd expect the mafia, in a game where there are no cops, to kill off the most experienced players first, rather than the newbies like poor Leo.

Which brings me to my suspicions about you: why are you still alive? Obviously whoever was mafia thought you were a threat the first time, or they wouldn't have killed you night 1. So why didn't they kill you last night?

FoS: Mathcam
"But good is not a thing of perception. What is 'good' in one culture cannot be 'evil' in another. This might be true of mores and minor practices, but not of virtue. Virtue is absolute."
-Drizzt Do'Urden
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:20 am

Post by mathcam »

I don't know...perhaps so that that argument would work? If you buy into it, you're falling right into their little nefarious scheme.

Cam
Prizm
Prizm
Goon
Prizm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:25 am

Post by Prizm »

Hmmm...that might be the case. But the other scenario might also be true. So I'll leave that finger where it is for now.
"But good is not a thing of perception. What is 'good' in one culture cannot be 'evil' in another. This might be true of mores and minor practices, but not of virtue. Virtue is absolute."
-Drizzt Do'Urden
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:28 am

Post by mathcam »

Fair enough.

I'm basically thinking between Prizm and JereIC still. We've got two lynches to get it right, so I'm feeling pretty good about this.

Cam
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:07 am

Post by JereIC »

*points enthusiastically to Prizm, mouths "Him first."*

I really don't want to analyze the kill right now, becuase all my theories begin and end with Prizm being mafia (I generally agree with Mathcam on the most suspect people right now, and by the process of elimination...). I'm a little worried that somebody's playing Prizm and myself off each other, so I'm going to try looking over the posts with a clear mind.
Leonardo 007
Leonardo 007
Goon
Leonardo 007
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:31 pm

Post by Leonardo 007 »

Well, I must say it was quite expected.

Go Town!
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:28 am

Post by Tigris »

oog: hmm, big change in the code

Sorry for being quiet so far today, I knew I would be busy the last few days, but I didn't expect a few other fun things to crop up.

As to why cam would still be alive, to play devil's advocate for a moment, I wouldn't kill a replacement on their first night (and I would hope that people who have been playing a while would share that sentiment), so I'm not certain that there is much to make of him being alive right now. If anything, prizm would probably be the most likely to kill him, just based on seniority. I don't have a whole bunch of time right now, sorry, so I won't leave a vote on someone when I'm not sure when I can get a chance to come back.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:37 pm

Post by discer »

Leo wrote (of his death):
Well, I must say it was quite expected.
I hate to quote the dead who shouldn't be speaking at all but...... I tend to agree. Either Prizm is the final mafia or an experienced player is. By not killing an experienced player we, the remaining experienced players may become more suspicious of one another. It's worked on me, Prizm moves down a few suspicion points and everyone else moves up.

Prizm wrote (direceted at Cam):
Which brings me to my suspicions about you: why are you still alive? Obviously whoever was mafia thought you were a threat the first time, or they wouldn't have killed you night 1. So why didn't they kill you last night?
My god! Prizm posted something worth thinking about! Hurray Prizm! It's enough to move Cam up a few points for me but I'm not sure if Prizm should move up or down in suspicion points. Could be Prizm is feeling alone and decided to take a risk in making a direct attack. Hard to tell with no useful referance regarding meaty posts by Prizm. Due to my paranoia, I will move Prizm up.

Mojo wrote:
I'm not going to vote for myself, if Prizm or Discer really believe I'm mafia they'll have to do it
With JereIC, Leo and Cam already voting for Mojo, that leaves Prizm, Tigris and myself. Prizm cast the final vote but that could just be a, "see, I'm not mafia vote". Tigris however never attacked nor defended Mojo. Tigirs moves up a few points.

JereIC wrote:
Ok, so after y'all lynch me, you will go after Mojo next, right?
If one is thinking JereIC is scum, that statement reads: "If you lynch me, don't go after my partner cause I'm attacking him." JereIC moves up.

I'm gonna go ahead and tally points now before I have to take off my other shoe and sock.

I am most suspicious of JereIC with Prizm just a few points behind. Mathcam and Tigris bringing up the (distant) rear.
"What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:14 pm

Post by JereIC »

As much as I dislike discer's really agressive tone up there, I'm convinced Prizm is the last mafia. Since y'all seem to have decided between me and him, and since we've got two days to lynch the last mafioso, and since I really don't mind dying first, you can vote for me if you want, even if it is just the suspect list down to one. No defense, we're going to win either today or tomorrow. But, just to tee off discer a little bit, after y'all lynch me, you
will
go after Prizm next, right?
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:50 pm

Post by discer »

Tee off? How do you tee someone? :lol:
"What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:40 am

Post by mathcam »

I tend to agree with JereIC at the moment. The combination of the first to say "Mathcam's not dead yet so he's probably evil" (thus implying he might have thought about it the previous night when deciding who to kill) and his lack of vote on Mojo both seem to be good indicators. And all this
on top
of the piles of suspicion racked up on him yetsterday.

Vote: Prizm

That's one out fo 3. Let's be careful here.

Cam
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:27 pm

Post by discer »

Cam, Prizm did vote for Mojo. It was the final vote as I pointed out above. Am I misreading your last post? JereIC & Prizm are very close in my book and tho we have two days I wouldn't mind getting this right today.

Tigris, I'm still pretty darn sure that your innocent but you getting more quiet as the game wears on is a bit curious.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:35 pm

Post by mathcam »

No, you're right. I sloppily read your
discer wrote:With JereIC, Leo and Cam already voting for Mojo, that leaves Prizm, Tigris and myself.
But I think my point holds (though admittedly less so). I rarely give people much credit for putting on the lynching vote, unless possibly they had a decision between two bandwagons. By the time Prizm voted, it was almost inevitable that Mojo would be the day's target. Perhaps he thought he could buy himself some brownie points by finishing off Mojo. Note his last words:

[quote="Prizm"Bah...I've become somewhat bored and frustrated with this game, so I'm going to vote for Mojo and practically guarantee my lynch tomorrow if Mojo is innocent. vote: Mojo[/b] [/quote]

Last, note that JereIC was on Mojo's case from the beginning, starting yesterday with
JereIC wrote: Right now, my gut screams Mojo. I've got no new reasons, but in re-reading his posts, I just became more and more convinced he's mafia.
Of course this could be a subtle mafia ploy, but it's enough to make me want to give him the benefit of the doubt today.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:35 pm

Post by mathcam »

Dang, sorry about the missed quote tages.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:25 pm

Post by discer »

Cam wrote:
By the time Prizm voted, it was almost inevitable that Mojo would be the day's target. Perhaps he thought he could buy himself some brownie points by finishing off Mojo.
True enough. I believe I had revealed my intent but wanted to hear from Tigris and Leo b4 tacking on the final vote.

I'd still like to hear Tigris' perspective b4 adding my vote to Cams.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:46 pm

Post by JereIC »

discer wrote:Tee off? How do you tee someone? :lol:
Well, it involves the slighty unorthadox use of a golf club, and a huge chunk of wood... :wink:

I'm all for hearing from Tigris first, and will hold off my vote as such.
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:12 pm

Post by Tigris »

Hmm, it has been two days since I posted. My schedule was just beginning to go full swing, so 60-70 a week (can't sleep, so posting a bit at 4 am ^_^) and 4 of my other games suddenly ended about the same time, but those are just excuses so, sorry.

I re-read the thread and since we do have two lynches I didn't comb through it as much as I usually would on a last day. To be honest, I'm still slightly surprised to be alive in this game, as I assumed that discer or myself would die last night. To be honest, the re-read didn't help all that much, I know I won't be voting for discer or JereIC today, so that leaves the possible choices between prizm and mathcam. Now, when I looked at the Yanqush bandwagon, I noticed that Mojo bailed from it when it got up to 4 and just a slight feeling of connectedness. Of course, I don't think that is enough to base anything off of, but I will probably think about it a bit more.

Essentially, it comes down to the same person I kept my vote on yesterday, so that is likely where my vote will rest today as well.
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:14 pm

Post by Tigris »

Actually, it is surprising to me that it has been two days, time is moving too quickly. :|
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:18 am

Post by mathcam »

I feel like my suspicion of Tigris has been rising lately, but maybe this is just because of this recent attack. Anyways, in the language of discer, Tigris gets bumped up a little.

Cam
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:33 am

Post by Werebear »

And the talks continued, the remaining few being quite civil and orderly, considering they were talking about who to kill, not who was going to win the Superbowl. As a matter of fact, they all took a break to prepare a feast from the kitchen stores... with food still stocked for 24 people, they could indulge themselves as much as they want with food... all they had to do was try not to remember this could be their last meal.

Prizm (1 - Mathcam)
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:38 am

Post by mathcam »

Oh yeah,

KILL KILL KILL!!!! DIE DIE DIE!!!! Let the blood of the fallen encourage us to kill some more!!!

Cam

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”