Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #2026 (isolation #200) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Equinox »

Feysal wrote:I'm caught up again, after pulling an all-nighter to read posts. However it is almost 6 AM here, and at this hour I'm not going to start writing a content post. It would probably not be very coherent anyway. I'll be back with a proper post after I've slept some. Thank goodness it is Sunday.
Short question, short answer: Who is scum?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2027 (isolation #201) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:10 pm

Post by Equinox »

Feysal's gone anyway, so it looks like I'll be waiting a while.

By the way, Feysal, if you wait until March 8 before posting again, I will kill you, too.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2029 (isolation #202) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:37 pm

Post by Equinox »

Thanks, hitogoroshi. ...I'm really not thrilled with that, but eh. To each his own.

Prod: Andrius, DTMaster

ANDRIUS. I SEE YOU POSTIN'. Your case is the one of the ones I least understand, so I needs you to come in here and explain it to me.

Nobody Special was supposed to catch up like forever and an eon ago.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2032 (isolation #203) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:43 am

Post by Equinox »

Why is nopointinactingup so unlynchable? Don't let his small iso fool you. :(

In other news, Feysal needs to start posting his top suspects, like, now. I don't care if you don't have a giant wall explaining your entire thought process. I just want to know who the scum are, and having just read the posts in this game a few hours ago, I'm sure they're still fresh in your mind.

Lost Butterfly, what do you think of hitogoroshi's "AlmasterGM and Benmage are the same alignment" theory?

Sigh... I get the feeling we'll be up against the wall with a deadline lynch. Deadline lynches are terrible things.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2033 (isolation #204) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:46 am

Post by Equinox »

EBWOP because I failed English class:
Equinox wrote:I don't care if you don't have a giant wall explaining your entire thought process. I just want to know who the scum are, and
since you just read the posts in this game a few hours ago
, I'm sure they're still fresh in your mind.
Reason I'm harping on Feysal now is I just saw him post in Theme Park, and I don't want him disappearing for 2-3 days again because he couldn't get a wall together. Short question, short answer. Easy as pi.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2035 (isolation #205) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:30 am

Post by Equinox »

Andrius wrote:What case, Equinox?
Well, whatever your reason is for sitting on the AlmasterGM wagon. Tell me why this guy is scum, why my read is wrong. I thirst for knowledge.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2042 (isolation #206) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:02 am

Post by Equinox »

DTMaster wrote:Also did someone answer now the Manhimself's defense of NS showed that TMH is town to a NS scum?
Yes.
DTMaster wrote:Aside from Equinox, the wagon stagnation makes me either question the other people who support my case or it's possible scum chose to invalidate further use of Equinox's wagon analysis. Or maybe it's being applied right now.
Which is why I'm forcing everyone to right now hold themselves accountable to their votes (or lack thereof). Raw wagon analysis doesn't work when we have people HERPDERPing onto things.

If Corvuus makes another giant wall, I might really stab myself in the eye.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2044 (isolation #207) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:11 am

Post by Equinox »

While you're reevaluating, would you help me lynch nopointinactingup? This guy needs a wagon.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2046 (isolation #208) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:19 am

Post by Equinox »

So, Benmage, mind telling me in one concise post why your vote was on Corvuus previously?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2048 (isolation #209) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:37 am

Post by Equinox »

Benmage wrote:PoE
Corvuus, farside22, nopointinactingup

That sound right to you?

Also, let it be known that Andrius has yet to comply. Andrius, I don't care if you think I'm scum, you still need to be accountable to that vote. It's 3 days to deadline; I'm getting impatient.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2050 (isolation #210) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:47 am

Post by Equinox »

Benmage wrote:
Equinox wrote:
Benmage wrote:PoE
Corvuus, farside22, nopointinactingup
That could definitely work...With maybe Tajo as a backup.
Cool. I basically took all the people you voted within the past couple of days and put them in a list. I'm holding you to this.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2053 (isolation #211) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:00 am

Post by Equinox »

That's better. Thanks, Andrius.

(I'm keeping track of these, by the way. You guys will have them at the end of the day to analyze overnight or tomorrow if I'm not around to do so.)
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2058 (isolation #212) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:26 am

Post by Equinox »

Fishythefish, what's your read of Feysal based on his QuickTopic activity?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2067 (isolation #213) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by Equinox »

AlmasterGM, how much have you read?

DrippingGoofball, I don't suppose I could get you to explain...? :?

hitogoroshi, I have a town read on Fishythefish based on how he's been working with me in the QuickTopic; we've been exchanging reads for a while, and he's been making logical conclusions as well as questioning me where things weren't clear or just vague. To my knowledge, the messages I've been passing haven't been tampered with, and the two messages I received from Faraday don't look like they've been messed with.

He's been certain of NS-scum since mid-Day 1, and I haven't seen anything from him that suggests doubt.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2078 (isolation #214) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:42 am

Post by Equinox »

tl;dr at the bottom.
The meat of the post is better used after we get Day 2 flips, since a lot of this is information-gathering with a side of evaluation.

For shits and giggles, I gathered the post counts.
DrippingGoofball - 294 posts
Equinox - 214 posts
populartajo - 154 posts
DTMaster - 145 posts
Benmage - 143 posts
farside22 - 136 posts
Andrius - 133 posts
Jack/AlmasterGM - 123 posts
Mina/Lost Butterfly - 104 posts
zoraster - 77 posts

hitogoroshi - 66 posts
Fishythefish - 65 posts
themanhimself/Corvuus - 61 walls that can produce eye hemorrhages
Nobody Special - 47 posts that are in perpetual catch-up mode
Me=Weird/CryMeARiver/nopointinactingup - 37 posts that are shorter than your telephone cord
Feysal - 27 posts... Why do I have a town read on this guy again?
Basically, if the
is posting more than you, there is a problem.

As part of my motion to make
politicians accountable to their constituents
scumbags accountable to their votes in post 2023, I'm keeping track of people's reasoning for joining the wagons they are on. The snapshot of vote movements:
AlmasterGM (5) - Andrius, nopointinactingup, Corvuus, hitogoroshi,
Fishythefish
, DrippingGoofball
Corvuus (3) - DTMaster, populartajo,
farside22
Benmage
DrippingGoofball
Equinox
, Feysal
nopointinactingup (3) - Equinox, Benmage, Fishythefish
Andrius (1) - AlmasterGM
Benmage (1) - farside22,
Fishythefish

Feysal (1) - Lost Butterfly
farside22 (0) -
Benmage

Not Voting (1) - Nobody Special,
Lost Butterfly
Feysal
Fishythefish
You are welcome to stab me in the face for that confusing vote count after you iso zoraster.

A rundown:

AlmasterGM 2012: "Jack's top suspects were Andrius and Equinox. I trust Jack, so my vote stays."
AlmasterGM makes no attempt to weasel his way onto any of the leading bandwagons and instead trusts. Quite town.

Fishythefish 2015: "I dunno. I don't like either of the lynches. But I really don't think Corvuus is scum, so I'm voting AlmasterGM."
I asked about this in the QuickTopic, and Fishythefish explained that he thought it was deadline crunch time and that he had to choose between 2 wagons; thus, he chose AlmasterGM to die. Considering AlmasterGM has yet to catch up, I find this pretty reasonable.

DrippingGoofball 2022: <nothing>
Sigh...

farside22 2030: "Benmage's 'I'm 100% town by meta' spiel is scummy."
farside22 also mentioned waffling over Corvuus. Nothing to be seen here, really.

Lost Butterfly 2031: "AlmasterGM is a bad lynch. Corvuus is probably town. We prefer Feysal or nopointinactingup."
Good stuff, though the fact they're not voting nopointinactingup with me makes me sad.

DTMaster 2037: tl;dr of the giant Corvuus case.
DTMaster has the strongest reason to stay on the Corvuus wagon, and the fact that he's reevaluating in light of differing evidence nets him favor points.

Benmage 2047: "PoE."
This guy has been hopping the bandwagons, which really blows the read I get off his earlier behavior. Benmage is being lazy, which doesn't match what I know of Benmage-town but for some inexplicable reason matches populartajo's Benmage-town. He does have reads, though, after I questioned him. Hold him to those, please.

Andrius 2051: "Jack did not outline his Andrius-scum case outside of gut, and the aim of his gambit was to sow discord. Jack was also caught traitor-fishing."
Apparently, Andrius remained unswayed by the cases for AlmasterGM-town, so I'm leaving it at this. Also, as annoyed as I am with him, Andrius is most likely town; I'm willing to bet that it's actually difficult to snow DrippingGoofball after 250+ posts in an exclusive QuickTopic with her.

Feysal 2061: "Corvuus wants to lynch AlmasterGM despite the fact that, whatever AlmasterGM flips, Nobody Special is still revealed to be scum."
I actually like this post, since it shows that Feysal is reading Corvuus's posts in detail. The Corvuus wagon was also dying at this point, so Feysal is not being opportunistic.

Fishythefish 2075: "Let's wagon nopointinactingup, since this wagon on Benmage isn't rolling."
Uh... Okay.

Not listed:

Corvuus: "We're lynching AlmasterGM to learn about Nobody Special, period."
I am sorry, Corvuus, but I really hate your slot. First, we had to deal with a guy who swore his life on a false dilemma, and then we've got you with your walls of terror. themanhimself's tunneling made me think he was silly town.
You
, on the other hand, have logic so twisted that there were times where I doubted my read of themanhimself. In fact, I'm doubting it right now with what Feysal pointed out from your post 1975.

nopointinactingup: "Eh, he's on my hit list. That hit list comprises of people not on my town list. No, I'm never going to explain them, even if you try to kill me."
Please lynch him.

populartajo:
Where did he go?

Congratulations, Corvuus, you have a section to yourself because I just saw this while cruising your iso.
In post 2005, Corvuus wrote:Jack/AGM is the best lynch.
If you disagree and say Jack is town, then you are also saying that NS is scum-God
and so I still don't see why voting for me or think that I am a better lynch than Jack/AGM.
Say what?

Also, for a guy who constantly claims to not have time to explain anything, you write enormous posts, and like 95% of those are, basically, "Lynch AlmasterGM! Lynch AlmasterGM! We can't lynch anyone else!" (Gee, that sounds familiar.)
In post 2005, Corvuus wrote:To Equinox and others who think Jack/AGM is town, you do realize that Jack town should "ideally" tell the truth regarding all things and as such, Jack was telling the truth about the gambit and NS claiming scum to him? And that Jack verifiable flip town proves traitor fishing and that others had to have done it in addition to Jack-town?
Ideally, yes, town tells the straight truth regarding all things. Is that Jack? No. I've seen him claim cop, doctor,
and
serial killer in an open setup, all in one day, and he died a proud bullet-soaking townie. I would not take Jack's claims that Nobody Special claimed to him at face value; he made it painfully obvious a bit later that he was screwing around.
In post 2005, Corvuus wrote:To those who think Jack is town or not a good lynch; Why? Why why why why why?
Short answer: AlmasterGM's behaviors are that of town. In addition, if Jack were scum with Nobody Special, he would have confided the details of his gambit to Nobody Special; this has not happened, and AlmasterGM's description matches what I've gathered of their communication line from multiple sources. AlmasterGM would not have had the time to gather information from that many sources; furthermore, if day talk were in play, AlmasterGM would not have claimed vanilla.

There is a tell that I have been keeping secret until the writing of this post, and that is AlmasterGM's steadfast belief in Jack. AlmasterGM has had ample opportunity to jump on any of the wagons. He could have used any of the excuses provided on the last 4-5 pages to do so, and no one would have been the wiser; replacements have the option of reading only the most recent pages in a deadline crunch and then fully catching up later, and that isn't scummy. What AlmasterGM did, instead, was say, "I don't know who's scum 'cuz I don't have enough information, so I'mma trust Jack." Town.

I am not lynching someone on whom I have a town read to get information that is useless to me. I'd rather lynch scum.

Your tl;dr summary:
  • I am surprised that my post 2023 resulted in the dissolution of the Corvuus wagon; I expected both wagons to die (and hoped they'd all pile on nopointinactingup). I'd call the movements off the Corvuus wagon into question, but I've got town reads on two of the hoppers and the third is beyond reproach.
  • Therefore, I call into question the persistence of the AlmasterGM wagon. Faraday is correct; this wagon stinks. Andrius and DrippingGoofball should either get out of their tunnels or start countering all of the reasons behind AlmasterGM-town because AlmasterGM is
    town
    , and you two are being stubborn. hitogoroshi should also start considering his own personal read of AlmasterGM's and Benmage's behaviors. The three people most questionable on this wagon are Corvuus, Fishythefish, and nopointinactingup; above vote count shows Fishythefish hopping like he's playing Leap Frog, Corvuus is Corvuus, and nopointinactingup can't be assed to have actual scum reads 'cuz "[his] scumdar is broken."
  • Hold Benmage accountable to his reads constantly. Don't let pressure fall off him.
  • Force Corvuus to out his reads. Don't let him tunnel into AlmasterGM to the exclusion of everyone else, and don't let him bury his reads in his sea of words. I would do this today, but I want to focus on getting nopointinactingup lynched because you guys are never going to lynch him otherwise. See below.
  • Why is nopointinactingup so hard to lynch? You guys are calling it a "fallback lynch." Why? If you are scum, this is the time to bus the living shit out of him. If you are town, I refer you to this slot's glorious iso of 37 posts, and then I point you to the time stamps on page 2 of nopointinactingup's iso. You know what? He's been under question
    despite
    DTMaster's result on him, yet nobody's gotten around to lynching him until now. Why is this?
...sorry, that was hella long.

Now I'm off to flunk a few midterms. I won't be doing anything major Mafia-wise until those things are over. Please string up nopointinactingup in the meantime.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2150 (isolation #215) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by Equinox »

V/LA extended until March 11
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2171 (isolation #216) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:29 am

Post by Equinox »

I was going to rage about that AlmasterGM lynch, but seeing Feysal's flip has beaten the energy out of me. Apparently, I suck royally at Mafia. Not a surprise, to be honest.

I have one more midterm this afternoon, and then I'll finish my reread this weekend. In a few hours, DrippingGoofball will be here to say Equinox traitor-fished and white knighted Feysal-scumbuddy. That is pretty much false, but there's no reason for you guys to believe otherwise. We're in good shape, anyway, so I'm not going to resist. Just let me get my thoughts in from the reread before lynching me.

I still think nopointinactingup is scum. Need to think about Benmage, that hammer was too dumbshit for it to be a scum move.

Preview edit: Sorry, Faraday.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2182 (isolation #217) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:46 am

Post by Equinox »

Lost Butterfly wrote:
I have one more midterm this afternoon, and then I'll finish my reread this weekend. In a few hours, DrippingGoofball will be here to say Equinox traitor-fished and white knighted Feysal-scumbuddy. That is pretty much false, but there's no reason for you guys to believe otherwise. We're in good shape, anyway, so I'm not going to resist. Just let me get my thoughts in from the reread before lynching me.
Don't do this asfdas s
WHAT, FARADAY.

I DON'T HAVE THE WILL TO FIGHT BACK ANYMORE. My reads suck, the evidence is stacked, you guys don't listen, etc., etc.
Lost Butterfly wrote:wait what? scum killed tajo? why?
I'm curious about this, too. populartajo's arguments with DrippingGoofball made him look obvtown, but he wasn't exactly universally regarded (just ignored for the moment). Might have to do with his reads.

If we look at the fact that hitogoroshi is not dead, though, that has implications for the Temple of Rewards; on the other hand, hitogoroshi has made it clear they don't completely control his shot, so... sigh. I don't know.

...tajo having good reads seems more likely. Might have a gander at hitogoroshi's reads too.

Gah, preview edits.
DrippingGoofball wrote:Feysal was telegraphing to the Traitor, hahahahaha.
Where's your vote, then?
Lost Butterfly wrote:Farside might be scum.
Consider this:

I sent a broadcast to the Temple of Time that said, in a nutshell: "If we've got a medical professional up in here, protect hitogoroshi, farside22, or Lost Butterfly."

I added to farside22's, Lost Butterfly's, and Feysal's: "Scum may not gun for [REDACTED] or farside22." This was based on certain behavior in-thread that made me think they were bad hits for a scum team PR-hunting (see: LLD).

farside22 misread and reacted by saying in-thread, "OMG HOW DID FISHY KNOW MY ROLE, HE SCUM?!"

Weird reaction for farside22-scum, IMO.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2185 (isolation #218) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:49 am

Post by Equinox »

Are you deliberately cutting off his town section?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2189 (isolation #219) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:55 am

Post by Equinox »

Since I'm still here
and ignoring the professor lecturing in front of me
:

BENMAGE. WHAT THE FUCK.

You thought AlmasterGM was town, you were on a competing wagon against the AlmasterGM wagon, said competing wagon was not far from lynch, and what do you fucking do? You fucking hammered your town read, who was READING THE THREAD and asked for a day to post his thoughts.

AlmasterGM deserves a fucking medal for reading this game with a lynch over his head.

There. My rage is complete. Now I'm just apathetic.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2190 (isolation #220) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:55 am

Post by Equinox »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Equinox wrote:Are you deliberately cutting off his town section?
Yes, they're not killing him for his town reads.
I know
for a fact
that his town reads were a factor. I'm on it, derp.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2195 (isolation #221) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:00 am

Post by Equinox »

By the way, Lost Butterfly, I'm pretty sure Andrius is town. The only way he's scum is if DrippingGoofball is scum, and considering her pushes against Feysal, etc. all game I'm not entertaining that possibility. It's hard to snow DGb with 250+ posts in a personal QuickTopic, no matter what I think of her reads.

DrippingGoofball, town reads are dangerous, too. Nothing scares scum more than someone clearing town left and right, accurately.
DrippingGoofball wrote:What's a corrupt goon? Anyone knows/
LOOK AT THE FLAVOR, LOOK AT THE SPYREX FLIP, YOU TELL ME.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2202 (isolation #222) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:28 am

Post by Equinox »

Bleh. Posting this now, acquiring details via reread later.

Town: Andrius, DTMaster, hitogoroshi
Probably Town: Lost Butterfly, farside22, Benmage
Left Over: Corvuus, nopointinactingup

...having a hard time believing "Left Over" is the remaining scum team. Scum's in my "Probably Town" list.

Benmage's behavior has been off. I put him under "Probably Town" because some of his behavior can't come from scum (see: AlmasterGM hammer, martyr). farside22, I've had a town read all game, and then there's her reaction to Fishythefish. Lost Butterfly, I've had a town read all game.

...okay, at this point I'm just dumbposting and being useless. BRB when I'm done reading.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2248 (isolation #223) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by Equinox »

Vote: nopointinactingup
L-3

I couldn't lynch him yesterday. Not passing this up.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2267 (isolation #224) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:34 pm

Post by Equinox »

Oh, geez. I thought I was done thinking for today.

Unvote

Gonna stew on this a bit. What DTMaster is saying makes sense, but I'm having a hard time believing that there's an association cop and vigilante but no roleblocker.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2274 (isolation #225) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm

Post by Equinox »

Corvuus and Lost Butterfly: When did Fishythefish ask you to claim? How did he ask you to claim? (In other words, did he ask you point-blank, did he coax you into it, or whatever else did he do?)

I'm inclined to believe DTMaster; I have a few reasons for this, but in general DTMaster-scum sinking the ship at this stage of the game is suicidal. ...which probably means he's right about nopointinactingup.

And then my head explodes because that would mean both competing wagons at the end of Day 2 were on town and urgh. I know I cleared both Day 1 wagons like an idiot, so why should this be so mind-blowing now...

<_<
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2277 (isolation #226) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:34 pm

Post by Equinox »

nopointinactingup wrote:Lol. Equinox thinks for once in the game. which is good ^_^. My reads are still straight off the path, which is bad xD.
Why did you have to go and post this and kill my brand-new town read on you, why.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2300 (isolation #227) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by Equinox »

Corvuus wrote:Equinox: Fishy didn't really ask so much as just make the comment on who to protect if possible. I'm still not clear on temple of time strategy per se. I agreed to one thing but you actually mention something several times. Why? Did the rest of temple of time agree to your strategy?
That comment about the protection was a message from me. I figured after Lady Lambdadelta's death that scum were killing off power roles rather than obvious townies, so I sent a broadcast to the temple saying as much. I sent two messages total to you through Fishythefish; the first was to establish a voting bloc, and the second was the protection telegraph. Everyone in the temple acknowledged my first message and apparently didn't agree because the voting bloc died, decomposed, and turned to dust. I don't know about the second message, since I did not ask; all I know is that they were received (with you finishing up the delivery confirmations).

Though the fact you say he never asked you for a claim bothers me... Did I get pantsed despite being paranoid like all hell on Day 1? :(

(Come to me, Faraday and Mina...)
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2301 (isolation #228) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by Equinox »

DTMaster, when you first launched your town hider gambit, were you aware of the action resolutions?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2318 (isolation #229) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by Equinox »

DTMaster wrote:@Equinox
1. Uhhh, did you remember my day 1. I cited Natural Order Resolution. I was corrected by LLD that the hider could be blocked. So no I didn't. But then I decided to maintain the hider claim because I could draw the blocks away from other people. Due to last night's actions I am certain that there's no scum blocks since Hito shot twice and still lived, and Tajo died. Thus I true claimed since it's not necessary. Plus as a VT I wouldn't be drawing kills, but I could direct them.
Thanks for answering. Gonna parse this later when my head is better equipped.
DTMaster wrote:I'm confused Equinox: I thought fishy asked everyone but Farside to claim because Farside said she didn't trust FF and FF didn't want to bother with Farside's no statement.
I'm confused, too. Corvuus just said:
  • Corvuus wrote:Fishy didn't really ask so much as just make the comment on who to protect if possible.
...which directly contradicts my experience with Fishythefish when he asked me to claim. This line refers to the message I sent; it cannot be anything else, since that is how I worded my message (roughly).

IIRC, neither Corvuus nor Lost Butterfly refuted Fishythefish when he made that point about not asking farside22.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2323 (isolation #230) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by Equinox »

DTMaster wrote:@Equinox
In my rereads, this bothered me. Just to make this clear the time lines are about the same, and WE ARE TALKING about THE SAME THING. I quoted what I'm having confusion about. (The whole: Courvis already claimed to FF as said by him, so why is Courvis saying that he didn't claim now?).
Correct. We are talking about the same thing.
Lost Butterfly wrote:I''d moarry you like cos um taylotr siwft
Uh... you sober enough to remember the answer to my question? Did Fishythefish ever ask you to claim, and if he did, how did he ask you?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2324 (isolation #231) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:38 pm

Post by Equinox »

You know what. I'm going to solve this logic error the way logic errors are meant to be solved.

Vote: Corvuus
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2329 (isolation #232) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by Equinox »

Thank you, Lost Butterfly.
DrippingGoofball wrote:But DTMaster is totally 100% confirmed scum.

He was tracked to tajo.
Cool beans.

Unvote, Vote: DTMaster
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2352 (isolation #233) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:30 pm

Post by Equinox »

DTMaster is at L-2 right now.

Unvote

In case someone gets the silly notion that the day has lasted too long or something.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2356 (isolation #234) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by Equinox »

I have a better idea.

Proxy vote to: DrippingGoofball
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2382 (isolation #235) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:23 pm

Post by Equinox »

Fishythefish asked me in the QuickTopic to tell him the problem I was having, since he believed it was all a misunderstanding. The post comes off as wanting to placate...

Sigh. Having serious trouble parsing all this discussion about bus driving, tracking, and night actions and blargh. I feel kinda dumb right now. :< Gonna go look at all of this step by step and see if it makes any more sense.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2387 (isolation #236) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by Equinox »

DTMaster wrote:Quotes are a man's best weapon against confusion!
Unfortunately, I can't quote from the QuickTopic.

I've asked Fishythefish to continue the discussion in the thread. So far he hasn't responded to what I posted (which was a summary of what's already been said here).

Preview edit: ohai.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2391 (isolation #237) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:19 am

Post by Equinox »

Ugh. I spent half an hour working out why DTMaster believed in a town bus driver, and then I spent the next hour thinking out all the possibilities in which such a scenario made sense. I must be overthinking all of this, since now my brain refuses to work and I've pretty much hit a stone wall. Overall, I'm probably better off joining the wait-and-see camp and watch how all of this plays out. I have a couple of things in mind for this, so... :popcorn:

In the meantime, I'll address Fishythefish's explanation. At the risk of incurring zoraster's wrath, I will say that Fishythefish posted in my QuickTopic within half an hour of making his post in this thread. In the post where he asked me to claim the first time, Fishythefish also addressed a wall from me point-by-point, so there's nothing wrong with the time interval (except for mild surprise that he'd finish in that short amount of time, but it's entirely plausible). Therefore, I really do think he posted in Equinox's, Mina's, Feysal's, and Corvuus's QuickTopics, in that order.

What I am having trouble believing is that Fishythefish forgot to ask Corvuus. He went through the trouble of requesting claims in the game thread and then requesting in 3 different QuickTopics; the issue of claims appears to have been important to Fishythefish, so much so that he made it 4 times total before ever approaching Corvuus. In fact, Fishythefish had asked me first thing before addressing my post if I would consider claiming to him. I'll let Faraday and Mina work out the rest from their QuickTopic.

Memory fail, really?

Right, then, back to waiting.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2392 (isolation #238) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:24 am

Post by Equinox »

Nobody Special, why are you voting Corvuus? Your top suspect yesterday was farside22.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2394 (isolation #239) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:10 am

Post by Equinox »

Fishythefish wrote:Actually, that list wasn't meant to be indicative of order. I’ll check order some time if it matters.
Oh. Welp. Scratch that, then.

The alternative reason I'm running with right now should be pretty obvious. :|

I just find the gap to be so easily made by two people who forget to keep their story straight. (Oh, the irony.) As I said in the QuickTopic, towns have lynched correctly on smaller gaps than this. Then you come in and say, "But this is a reasonable explanation."
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2404 (isolation #240) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:24 am

Post by Equinox »

God help me if I'm wrong.

Unproxy

Vote: DTMaster
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2405 (isolation #241) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:25 am

Post by Equinox »

Also, gonna do some more digging. Dig, dig, dig.
Nobody Special wrote:It's rooted in the whole TMH thing from the first Day.
You're going to have to break this down for me.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2410 (isolation #242) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:50 am

Post by Equinox »

Something doesn't make sense to me.

DrippingGoofball, do you think DTMaster-scum would have launched an entire messaging network to support a later town hider claim, only to sink it when he's at least a couple of rounds away from LyLo?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2415 (isolation #243) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:32 am

Post by Equinox »

Unvote
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2429 (isolation #244) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:53 am

Post by Equinox »

Goddammit, Benmage, are you pissed or something that we refused to lynch you when you self-voted? You're trying too hard.

I'm knee-deep in DTMaster's iso right now trying to investigate how this pans out, but really, DTMaster's behavior is giving me second thoughts.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2479 (isolation #245) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:02 am

Post by Equinox »

Guh.

I get a super duper obvtown read from DTMaster's Day 1 networking scheme. That thing is too convoluted and too pro-town to be a scum move, seriously. Except we lynched DeathRowKitty and AlmasterGM in succession like a bunch of idiots.

Since the focal point is the latter half of the town hider gambit:

(All times are PDT, suckers.)

DTMaster claimed a target on populartajo on March 2.
DrippingGoofball started calling populartajo scum on March 8.
DrippingGoofball asks why populartajo died (via posting his null and scum reads) on March 10, 12:47 PM.
DrippingGoofball asks where DTMaster hid on March 10, 7:34 PM.
DTMaster posits scum killed populartajo to get to DTMaster, and DTMaster clears nopointinactingup on March 10, 11:01 PM.
Three minutes later, DTMaster rescinds his town hider claim, March 10, 11:04 PM.

I can see where the threat is coming from, and with DTMaster not posting between March 6 and March 10, he couldn't announce any new targets. I can also see the line of thinking behind DTMaster-scum killing populartajo.

But I'm going to stick my neck out here and say:

DTMaster is not scum.

You see that martyr card he's playing? It's
sincere
, and not just because of the self-vote. DTMaster is pushing his own lynch, and he's saying things knowing he's digging his own grave. That's town mentality. Scum are in a rough position right now with a well-shooting vigilante and coordination in a significantly large segment of town; their goal would be to defend as hard as possible, not go down in a blazing fire of glory. DTMaster's posting today does not look like an AtE to defend; it's an appeal to die.

I am not lynching DTMaster, and I will not support a lynch of DTMaster.

Now that I've burned my eyes out reading DrippingGoofball's sea of blue and DTMaster's large iso, I'm going to go gouge them out reading Corvuus (for reals).

Preview edit:
Benmage wrote:Waiting on a VC.....why? Is this the newest slip?
What, you can't count? Come on, it's not hard, and you'll get it done faster than waiting for zoraster to come 'round.

Seriously. While you're waiting, make a comment or something. BE USEFUL. IT'S NOT ALL USELESS. You being a defensive prick does nothing, and it annoys the living shit out of me because I don't know if you're a scum prick or a useless town prick.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2482 (isolation #246) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:36 am

Post by Equinox »

Benmage wrote:The track result seemed obviously fake...if dgb wants u dead say so.....I don't need to be swindled like some noone.

I'm away....all this is from my phone. Its a hassel to look things up.
Here you go, then, an unofficial vote count:

DTMaster (5) - DrippingGoofball, Andrius, Nobody Special, farside22, DTMaster
nopointinactingup (2) - hitogoroshi, Benmage
Benmage (1) - nopointinactingup
farside22 (1) - Corvuus

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

Comments, then?
Andrius wrote:QFT
Srs bsns, if DTM is scum this game is over.
Rewards has this down!
Except he's not, so now you're being complacent. I sure hope your temple has a contingency plan.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2486 (isolation #247) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:42 am

Post by Equinox »

Andrius wrote:Don't give me that crap, Equinox.
So who ARE you willing to lynch?
Inquiring minds (and pineapple launchers) want to know.
I'm asking myself the same question, hence all the reading right now.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2493 (isolation #248) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:52 am

Post by Equinox »

Andrius wrote:predit: Faraday do you have ANY scumreads? Like, anyone AT ALL? Because all I'm hearing from you and Equinox is "sheep tracker, sheep bus driver; oh wait they don't exist back to mah town-reads".
What do you expect me to do when information is claimed? I didn't even sheep bus driver, by the way, I had to sit and think about that one before deciding I wanted to hear from Corvuus first. Even just now, I had to go read @(%# pages to come to that decision, and I've been agonizing over it. Don't fucking write it off as just sheeping. (I'm playing like an idiot, I know, but I'm trying.)
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2495 (isolation #249) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:53 am

Post by Equinox »

Protip: Don't try to write when raging.
Equinox wrote:Even just now, I had to go read @(%# pages to come to that decision
about DTMaster
, and I've been agonizing over it.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2498 (isolation #250) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:00 am

Post by Equinox »

I'm leaving for a couple of hours. If Corvuus comes in the interim, make sure he addresses whether or not Fishythefish asked him to claim and whatnot, I'd hate to miss him and wait another 2 days before hearing from him again.

Also, if anyone drops a hammer before I'm through with Corvuus, you will hear words and fiery rage, I guarantee you.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2625 (isolation #251) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:16 pm

Post by Equinox »

YOU GUYS ARE GIVING ME FLASHBACKS TO THE ALMASTERGM WAGON. RAGE.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2642 (isolation #252) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:35 pm

Post by Equinox »

I'm done. I'm breaking my keyboard at this point.

hitogoroshi.

If DTMaster flips scum, please for the love of your Goddess of Rewards, shoot me. I'm done putting up with all the bullshit going around.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2646 (isolation #253) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:09 pm

Post by Equinox »

FINALLY YOU RELENTED. Goodbye, suckers.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2801 (isolation #254) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:13 am

Post by Equinox »

Fishythefish hammered hitogoroshi.

That's
hilarious
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2807 (isolation #255) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:27 am

Post by Equinox »

I got played like a fiddle. Props, Fishythefish. I hope everything is okay with you.

Bowser shells are on the menu for tonight for missing all 3 scum.

AlmasterGM and Nachomamma8 get gold stars for catching up despite circumstances and whatnot.

Um. Yeah, that's it. If dead chat gets linked, you can see my rage there. Otherwise, I don't really care anymore, so good game and all that jazz.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2808 (isolation #256) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:28 am

Post by Equinox »

zoraster wrote:In all my games I ask the same question: Who, if anyone, do you think deserves nomination from this game?
Andrius made great calls with his vigilante shots. (Mine was eh, but he did have a good reason.)

The lynches stank, so I'm hesitant about giving dual nomination... Still, excellent team work.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2841 (isolation #257) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Equinox »

The traitor fishing case was bad. You can shoot me for crying after seeing Feysal flip scum or white knighting the hell out of AlmasterGM and DTMaster, but... seriously, that comment about knowing most of my Time followers was a bloody coincidence blown to "100% scum tell" level.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2844 (isolation #258) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:34 am

Post by Equinox »

You didn't slip knowledge about the setup, so you're fine there.

So, yeah, talking of slips, I caught hitogoroshi slipping and drew the wrong conclusion. :lol: Did you guys tell him there was a vig in the house on Day 1 or something?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2847 (isolation #259) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:44 am

Post by Equinox »

Since we're on the subject, the comments you made there were offensive. You made it out to be like we'd put no work into the game, when that was completely untrue. I know I put a lot of work into trying to figure the mess out, and even if I were a dumbshit who didn't figure out her scum reads at that point, I didn't appreciate being told crap like, "Oh, yeah, you get no credit for the win because you herpderped a claimed tracker from a town temple." Nearly told you to stick a pin, luckily zoraster locked the thread.

...actually, I'll tell you to stick a pin now, since apparently you still think you're right in thinking our following a RELIABLE SOURCE telling us there was INFORMATION was "crap."

Now I'm out before I start eating baby bunnies or something.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2872 (isolation #260) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by Equinox »

Andrius, I apologize for the earlier outburst. I'd been keeping a lid on that for a while, but I still shouldn't have taken it out on you.
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Hey, why are we fighting again?
Hormones released in a rush after resurrection.
Nachomamma8 wrote:I think I've learned a thing or two about self-voting, honestly. I was frustrated in my read because people were seeing Bentown after the self-vote, and I thought there was no way he was town... Thus I self-voted as a point.
Yeah, guys, what was up with that? Benmage, DTMaster, Equinox, and Nachomamma8... We all either self-voted at some point or demanded a good viggin'.
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:WHY DID EVERYONE JUST AGREE WITH EQUINOX WHEN SHE SAID:
Again, sorry about that (and that's to the whole town, not just Lady Lambdadelta). I kept to the Town Feysal Expressway and Corrupt Nobody Special Toll Road for so long that my reads were shit all over.

I really should have paid closer attention to your reads, but when I saw that you had Feysal and Fishythefish as scum, I just went, "Welp, no."

Not a great moment, that.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2879 (isolation #261) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:17 pm

Post by Equinox »

DeathRowKitty, you're going to miss the Bowser shell eating contest.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2885 (isolation #262) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:23 pm

Post by Equinox »

In the QuickTopic, Andrius wrote:I cant shoot equinox now; that'd look bad under all colors especially if she flips town.
I'd wondered why there wasn't so much as one single inch of movement to get me killed on Day 2 when you guys acted like I was confirmed scum.

It pissed me off immensely.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”