890: Cults of Darkness and Shadow - Game over!

mipe
mipe
Goon
mipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:25 pm

Post by mipe »

Even though it doesn't tell you anything about my alignment, I'm dreamwalker-ish role. I can give you a townie/scum tomorrow if you don't lynch me.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:40 pm

Post by Magua »

Define "dreamwalker-ish". How, exactly, are you different from the dreamwalker described in the OP?
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:43 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Alright, my bad.

unincant, incant mipe
I'm old now.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:34 pm

Post by semioldguy »

@mipe
What is your role name?

Are you reading the thread? There are several points questions posed to you which have either not been answered or have been only partially answered. Please fully answer the points brought up against you. Don't partially reveal information to the town. That is scummy. It allows you to make stuff up later so that it fits your claim rather than having your actions fit your claim as the game goes on.

Post 200 is scummy.

Also, if you had a role that wasn't in the rules post, then why did you even need to vote the mod to test if there would be hidden mechanisms? Why would the mod's no commenting make you feel there was something hidden in this game? You wouldn't need to test to know and his answers wouldn't have made you feel that way. Your role PM before the game even began would make you feel that way. You would have already known by the fact you had a role that wasn't part of the rules post that there were hidden mechanisms.

Doesn't add up.

Quite frankly, I don't believe you anyway.
Percy wrote:There are no secret mechanics.
I'm having a hard time getting past this.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:40 am

Post by Faraday »

semioldguy wrote:@mipe
What is your role name?
Don't partially reveal information to the town. That is scummy. It allows you to make stuff up later so that it fits your claim rather than having your actions fit your claim as the game goes on.
To be fair, that's just what he's done.

And second the role name question.
Percy wrote:There are no secret mechanics.
I'm having a hard time getting past this.
QFT.

I'm in no rush to end the day, yet. I'm still hoping from something from Datadanne soon.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
mipe
mipe
Goon
mipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:46 am

Post by mipe »

FIEN.
semioldguy wrote:@mipe
What is your role name?
The Elder Dreamwalker
Magua wrote: Define "dreamwalker-ish". How, exactly, are you different from the dreamwalker described in the OP?
As long as atleast 1 other dreamwalker (didn't specify if it counts only Order DWs or if it counts cult DWs as well) is alive, they 'protect' me while I'm asleep/in other peoples dream from other people. AKA, I'm immune to all actions.

I can prove my role if another DW really wants to out himself. All they need to do is scan me next night and think 'Why the hell I'm not getting any results back?!'

Sigh.. Now that I have claimed, unless scum really think that I'm fakeclaiming, they won't be targeting me -> 1 more Night kill, incase they would have targeted me.

Also, before more questions come: Yes, I'm immune to scans. Yes, I'm immune to night kills. Yes, I'm immune to protects (protects are useless anyways, as I'm immune to night kills). No, I don't know when I'm the only DW left, it is possible that the mod is bastard enough to give me that kind of role and me being the only DW, but I don't think so.
semioldguy wrote:There are several points questions posed to you which have either not been answered or have been only partially answered. Please fully answer the points brought up against you. Don't partially reveal information to the town. That is scummy. It allows you to make stuff up later so that it fits your claim rather than having your actions fit your claim as the game goes on.

Post 200 is scummy.

Also, if you had a role that wasn't in the rules post, then why did you even need to vote the mod to test if there would be hidden mechanisms? Why would the mod's no commenting make you feel there was something hidden in this game? You wouldn't need to test to know and his answers wouldn't have made you feel that way. Your role PM before the game even began would make you feel that way. You would have already known by the fact you had a role that wasn't part of the rules post that there were hidden mechanisms.

Doesn't add up.
Could you please post some questions which I haven't answered?
Also, yes, I knew that there were *hidden roles* in the game, but Hidden roles =/= Hidden mechanisms. I would think hidden mechanism being something like, mod being the only person in one cult etc.
The fact that mod says 'no comment' means that there is something hidden there. If it wouldn't be hidden, there wouldn't be any reason to say 'no comments'.

Still, hidden role =/= hidden mechanism, IMHO.

Before you start asking about the flavour, this is the flavour (keeping it short so I won't get modkilled for copying PMs or anything):
Basically, I'm the person who 'teaches' people who have potential to become into dreamwalkers. Just as a safety way, without the pupils knowing, I have made them all subconsciously protect me from everything.
mipe
mipe
Goon
mipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:47 am

Post by mipe »

SerialClergyman wrote:Alright, my bad.

unincant, incant mipe
Your incant puts me at 7 incants. Tomorrow, that is L-1. Care to change that to something else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:52 am

Post by Faraday »

It sounds like Mipe's scum partner is a Guardian, from reading between the lines.

I say that as I don't buy that claim at
all

The fact the the mod says no comment means he's not going to comment, jesus, it doesn't mean that's he hiding something.

And hidden roles in a semi-open game? IDK, as far as I'm concerned those are hidden mechanics.
mipe
mipe
Goon
mipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:41 am

Post by mipe »

Faraday wrote: I say that as I don't buy that claim at
all
Tell me a good reason why I would fakeclaim something like this instead of just saying 'yeah, I'm DW' ?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:14 am

Post by Faraday »

Because you've backed yourself into a corner with all these questions on the mechanics, and are trying to come up with a reason for them.
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:58 am

Post by startransmission »

Ugh, I've had a busy last couple says and I've fallen behind. Sorry about that.

Some quick thoughts.

I have been on the fence regarding Faraday for most of the day. I didn't like the unexplained "non-random" vote early on. The brief argument with Deathsauce threw me off as well. It seemed out of the blue and maybe a little theatrical. I couldn't help but to think it may have been phony. But since then I've agreed with what he's had to say. The same is true with Deathsauce.

I agree with semioldguy and Faraday, I don't believe mipe at all regarding the claim. His actions have been dodgy and a little bizarre for most of the day. He claims before L-1, and his role describes something that is not reflected in the rules, and frankly doesn't make any sense to me. He also only claimed role and was careful to avoid claiming alignment though he does imply town. Still, I don't believe him and am tempted to vote for him. But at the moment I think I'll move my vote to Databdanne.

Unincant, Incant: Datadanne

Datadanne aggravates me. I wish he would post more as I have yet to see any actual reasoned opinions from him. I hate Post 153, the vote and the reasoning were both weak. I didn't like the insult to SC for doing something that's well within the rules. It shows that DD isn't really paying attention or taking scum hunting seriously.

I don't have an issue with a multi-lynch, and if DD doesn't start posting some stuff I wouldn't object to a DD/mipe lynch.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:28 am

Post by semioldguy »

Faraday wrote:It sounds like Mipe's scum partner is a Guardian, from reading between the lines.

I say that as I don't buy that claim at
all
My thoughts exactly. His role is made up of things that existing roles can already do, basically verbatim.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:32 am

Post by Seacore »

At risk of being labelled as "agreeing with everybody" I also declare bullshit at Mipe's claim.

So I'll
Unvote. Vote:Data
I'm for lynching them both today.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:17 pm

Post by Magua »

Faraday wrote:It sounds like Mipe's scum partner is a Guardian, from reading between the lines.

And hidden roles in a semi-open game? IDK, as far as I'm concerned those are hidden mechanics.
I agree completely. I have zero confidence in mipe's claim, and thus have every confidence that he is lying.

I also approve of a Datadanne / mipe lynch. I'm not convinced that Datadanne will flip scum, but I do believe that Datadanne's play is antitown, regardless of alignment.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by DeathSauce »

mipe, if that is your role, why wouldn't you come out with your first post and say "I'm immune to night kills and a Dreamwalker. Let's no lynch and I will report my night findings every morning."?

Seems like an easy town win.

Since you didn't do that, I disbelieve your claim.

Also, as you have said, your role is meaningless from an alignment standpoint
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

I don't buy that claim either.

We need a vote count to see how we are going to engineer that double lynch.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by Magua »

The earliest we could doublelynch would be 9 days from Saturday, so I don't see any rush.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by Percy »

Incantation Count

mipe - 7 (Magua, DeathSauce, Snow_Bunny, SerialClergyman, Datadanne, semioldguy, Chaco)

Seacore - 2 (DisCode, mipe)
Datadanne - 2 (startransmission, Seacore)
Chaco - 1 (Faraday)

The Ritual will take only 9 Incantations to complete at 6:00pm Saturday the 5th of December (site time).

10 Incantations are currently required to complete the Ritual.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:08 pm

Post by Seacore »

Magua wrote:The earliest we could doublelynch would be 9 days from Saturday, so I don't see any rush.
Yes, but making sure we don't lynch Mipe solo would be a good idea.
mipe
mipe
Goon
mipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:36 pm

Post by mipe »

DeathSauce wrote:mipe, if that is your role, why wouldn't you come out with your first post and say "I'm immune to night kills and a Dreamwalker. Let's no lynch and I will report my night findings every morning."?
I didn't think of that at the start of the game. Also, I would think that you would all still have lynched me, even if I said that at the beginning of the game.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:01 am

Post by semioldguy »

The only way I want two lynches to happen at once is if it happens naturally.

I don't like the idea of trying to craft a double lynch. I don't like the idea of people here saying things to the effect of "Yeah, I don't buy that claim, but I'm going to vote for ___ instead because I want two people lynched." That's a load of crap. Let's just lynch mipe.

If the majority of people want to lynch mipe, I don't see why a smaller minority should be the ones choosing to do the second lynch (most of whom are also presumably part of that mipe-hate). Why do a select few get to vote your second suspect and not your top suspect?

If everyone on the mipe wagon did this I doubt we would all also vote for the same second person. A second lynch isn't representative of a majority and isn't even representative of being on any sort of equal ground as mipe's wagon.

What gives some people the "privilege" to not vote mipe if he is their top suspect and use their vote somewhere else, but not allow others to do the same? It makes you less accountable for your suspicions overall since you are apparently allowed to spread them out more. That is scummy.

Furthermore it allows mipe's potential partners to lessen the blow or to have an excuse not to be voting their scum buddy.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:28 am

Post by DeathSauce »

I agree with everything semi just said.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:10 am

Post by Magua »

I don't.
semioldguy wrote:The only way I want two lynches to happen at once is if it happens naturally.
The only way a double lynch would happen naturally is with a split town. That would be a *bad* time for a double lynch.

The way I see it, double lynching is essentially like getting in two lynches per night. Does anyone *disagree* with the mipe lynch, aside from mipe? I've seen people not get on the wagon, but I haven't seen anyone express disapproval of the lynch.

semi, deathsauce, do you disagree with a datadanne lynch?
If the majority of people want to lynch mipe, I don't see why a smaller minority should be the ones choosing to do the second lynch (most of whom are also presumably part of that mipe-hate). Why do a select few get to vote your second suspect and not your top suspect?
Consider it being able to vote your top two suspects. We can certainly find out who everyone's second suspect is; like I said, we have 9 days until we could possibly do it (which even then woudl require 100% participation), so why not take the time to find out?
Furthermore it allows mipe's potential partners to lessen the blow or to have an excuse not to be voting their scum buddy.
If mipe's partners weren't already on the mipe wagon, that information is already there. But I really don't care about the partners; I care about removing antitown people. Unless Datadanne becomes confirmed by some dreamwalker claim later on, I'm going to support that lynch because it's impossible for me to determine if she's mafia or not.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:47 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Getting a dreamwalker claim on Data is just a waste, imo. If he turns out town, we have an useless confirmed townie, and if he turns out scum, well, we have just another reason to lynch him.

I also don't agree with semi.

@All: If you would have a second vote, who would you be voting now?
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:01 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Snow_Bunny wrote: @All: If you would have a second vote, who would you be voting now?
Snow_bunny

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”