Mini 730 - Hard Nights in the City - OVER!

Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by Nameless »

Danchaofan wrote:
Nameless wrote:Megatheory states there are no cops in this game (from flavour NPC kills). He also states that scum must be on IP's wagon. I find both these statements overly sure and dubious.
How/why is the first overly sure and dubious?
Flavour text hardly guarantees the lack of role ingame, and I can't think of a townie reason to want to ensure everybody believed it did.
don_johnson wrote:
Nameless wrote:Saying that one townie dead isn't necessarily is a bad thing (compared to stopping, thinking, and lynching scum) is just scummy.
i wouldn't say scummy. it is wifomic. its poor play.
That's not what WIFOM is. Also, gah, with posts like the one you just made it is really hard to not to start mentioning connections between players. (Not that it stopped you suggesting I look for connections from IP.)

Yes, IP is right. He can't prove himself in one night. Therefore, we must leave him alive until the endgame. *Nod, nod* :roll: Also, did he seriously just blame his lack of analysis on the weather?

Screw it. I'm saying this much in case I die N1, but don't expect me to elaborate further unless one of them flips scum: Possible insanepenguin02 - canadianbovine - don_johnson scumteam. That is all.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:35 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Nameless wrote:
don_johnson wrote:
Nameless wrote:Saying that one townie dead isn't necessarily is a bad thing (compared to stopping, thinking, and lynching scum) is just scummy.
i wouldn't say scummy. it is wifomic. its poor play.
That's not what WIFOM is. Also, gah, with posts like the one you just made it is really hard to not to start mentioning connections between players. (Not that it stopped you suggesting I look for connections from IP.)
wifomic in the sense of whether or not complacency is a scumtell. porkens might just be
lazy
. cb might just not be observant.
Nameless wrote:Yes, IP is right. He can't prove himself in one night. Therefore, we must leave him alive until the endgame. *Nod, nod* :roll: Also, did he seriously just blame his lack of analysis on the weather?
NOONE suggested leaving him alone until endgame.
your alternative is to lynch an uncounterclaimed town power role on day 1?
had you actually read my suggestion.
Nameless wrote:Screw it.
I'm saying this much in case I die N1
, but don't expect me to elaborate further unless one of them flips scum: Possible insanepenguin02 - canadianbovine - don_johnson scumteam. That is all.
holy pile of crap statement. you are insinuating that the person(me) probably most responsible for pointing out ip's initial flawed post and then actively campaigning for his lynch is in league with said character. the third member of your "scum team" is a player who very well may have accidentally hammered ip? the fact you are trying to call a scum team on day 1 is far worse than speculating on scum partners which has already been discussed as poor strategy. also, your blanket statement(by sheer probability) has around a 25% chance of completely screwing up the game for town. odds suggest that each of the three names you mentioned(and this would work with any three players names) has a 25-30% chance of flipping scum. and you don't want to explain this? how could you possibly narrow down the field in such a manner? why would you even post this this early in the day? not to mention the generic, wifomic,
nonsensical "if i die tonight" bullshit.

vote: nameless

this is nowhere near omgus. nameless is posting wifom to confuse town. there is no other explanation for posting the things he has posted at this point of the game. my vote stays until you explain yourself logically.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:12 pm

Post by Plum »

DonJ has convinced me that Nameless deserved a little look-through.
Nameless wrote:Afterthought: You know, I'm seriously not sure which I found more dubious: insanepenguin02, or his wagon. Even if IP is scum I wouldn't be surprised to find scum bussing right now.
Nameless wrote:Yeah, IP's not even trying to be helpful now. Given that he did put the effort into his series of questions and answers earlier I'm not inclined to believe he's an angsty townie. He dies comes deadline if nothing else major comes up.
Nameless wrote:Yes, IP is right. He can't prove himself in one night. Therefore, we must leave him alive until the endgame. *Nod, nod* Also, did he seriously just blame his lack of analysis on the weather?

Screw it. I'm saying this much in case I die N1, but don't expect me to elaborate further unless one of them flips scum: Possible insanepenguin02 - canadianbovine - don_johnson scumteam. That is all.
So, let me get this straight - you think that at this point IP has acted scummy enough that it would be worth lynching an uncounterred Tracker Day 1? Fine, but I want to see a good mega case on him before I consider that legit. Until his play starts grabbing me by the shoulders, shaking me violently, and screaming in my face 'I'M SCUM!' it's going to take one hack of a lot of convincing. And judging by your overall convictions of IP, I don't think it'll be enough and further think that pushing for his lynch Day 1 is anti-town and quite possibly scummy.

Also, I don't see why you're being sarcastic about him blaming not being quite as active on the weather. Besides that, as I'll generously assume you just felt like heavy sarcasm for not related reason, as Don said, not wanting to Lynch him Day 1 + him not necessarily being able to prove himself due to Night Actions by Day 2 =/= We'll let him live till endgame. No sirree Bob. Were you intentionally trying to strawman on that, or was it a coincidence :wink:? If I recall, the original statements went something like
there are so many variables, but letting him live a night or two could be very helpful. if we have a doc, and we lynch scum, then doc doesn't have to protect him. let the mafia confirm him or leave him be. whoever he investigates can confirm him. i don't think theres anyway to completely confirm him without his eventulal death, though. at least none that i can see. if we think he's lying we lynch him day 2. the most important thing to do to spin this to our advantage is to lynch scum today. so everyone not worried about who we lynch should start paying attention.
That did not say let's let him live till endgame because we can't confirm him. That said there might be ways to semi-confirm him, and there may be other advantages to not lynching him today, and we should seriously try to lynch scum Day 1. Nice strawman, there.
Nameless, paraphrased wrote:Scum pairings Day 1 are usually not beneficial for the town
Agree with DonJ here and holy flipping turnaround Batman! on that scumpairing call after you dismissed them as usually not pro-town. If you wanted to actually help the town with your speculations (and it's dubious how much they would be able to help anyway) you would wait until Twilight, when, if one of those three had been lynched and flipped scum, you might mention them as suspects, or, if you wanted to make sure you got them in before the thread was locked, you might have waited until it looked like we were in a serious L-1 situation with one of them to mention connections.

This is all caps
NOTED
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:03 pm

Post by Nameless »

don_johnson wrote:wifomic in the sense of whether or not complacency is a scumtell.
You don't know what WIFOM is, do you.
don_johnson wrote:you are insinuating that the person(me) probably most responsible for pointing out ip's initial flawed post and then actively campaigning for his lynch is in league with said character.
... or bussing!
don_johnson wrote:NOONE suggested leaving him alone until endgame. your alternative is to lynch an uncounterclaimed town power role on day 1? had you actually read my suggestion.
Ignoring for a moment the sarcasm in what you quoted before this, I still consider IP the best lynch at deadline since he has IMHO acted significantly scummier than other players and there is not yet much consensus on who else should be lynched instead. If we could agree on that I wouldn't mind leaving IP alone for a day or two, but there are so many ways scum could BS the role that you're not going to be able to even pseudo confirm it. Best case scenario is, what, IP dying a few days from now and town being lucky enough to have some useful, confirmed information from it. I think IP is scum, whereas I'm not as confident is any one other player right now, so ... yeah.

To clarify slightly, there are several things from each of the three players I listed that makes me somewhat suspect they are connected. I'm not seriously accusing them or suggesting they be lynched (well, IP independently aside), merely noting the possibility might warrant looking into by others later. Independently, there are others I consider scummier. I say these now, because I noticed another that I considered plausible enough to warrant brief mention for somebody else to look into later if I'm NKed (as anyone could be, I don't expect to be or not to be for any particular reason), but obviously not serious enough to warrant the distraction from other discussion D1. Quick note for the future and moving on not equal encouraging others to start seriously discussing this now (such as IP #153).

So, you're kind of exaggerating my intent there.

Oh, and the sarcastic leaving him alone until endgame comment was actually in reply to IP emphasising how hard it would be prove himself in only one night. (#193). The weather comment was due to having IP, after I noticed that he had made no even quick attempts to answer any questions or provide analysis (despite clearly having some time because he WAS posting and ignoring them), blame ... the weather.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by geraintm »

quote="Plum"]

Answer to Geraintm: I'm voting my secoond scumiest because IP has claimed a powerrole and hasn't been counterclaimed. [/quote]

so penguin was your scummiest then, just the lack of counterclaim..
got you
canadianbovine wrote:Still...why do people still have their votes on IP?
felt like a good place at the time to put mine, and seen nowhere better to put it

nameless - your scum team post just makes me go argh!
i hate posts like that on day one, i think they are worse for the town that anything. i consider it an attempt to throw mud in our eyes. just terrible. you better start posting better cause i am very tempted to vote for you, my own little lynch all liars mantra is lynch all who attempt to guess on day one the entire scum team...

and your last post, 203, where you admit that you think there are people scummier than your 3 man scum team, i am so confused now what you are trying to achieve?
my opinion of you now is very unhelpful townie or something much worse...
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:07 pm

Post by Nameless »

Yeesh. I make one sidenote and suddenly it's FLAME ON.
geraintm wrote:and your last post, 203, where you admit that you think there are people scummier than your 3 man scum team, i am so confused now what you are trying to achieve?
What I'm saying is that I'm seeing some connections between those three, which during a later day might be worth examining. I'm trying to achieve that if one of the flips scum later in the game the town might use those possible connections to spur discussion/investigation. I didn't actually intend for people to start suddenly debating over it. Really.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:25 pm

Post by geraintm »

Nameless wrote: What I'm saying is that I'm seeing some connections between those three, which during a later day might be worth examining. I'm trying to achieve that if one of the flips scum later in the game the town might use those possible connections to spur discussion/investigation. I didn't actually intend for people to start suddenly debating over it. Really.
think you woul dhave much better been served keeping it to yourself rather than voice your thinkings.
by my count, you sound like you have about half the town pegged as scum by now...
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:50 am

Post by Porkens »

geraintm wrote: felt like a good place at the time to put mine, and seen nowhere better to put it
Maybe I'm having a reading problem again, but do you still feel this is the case?! Could you elaborate a bit more on why IP is still your vote for today...?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:58 am

Post by geraintm »

i generally tend to be slo in placing votes and slow in changing them
i felt at the time penguin was the best person to vote for
i have not found anyone yet who i think is vote-worthy. i am sure there will be something over the weekend to make me change my mind
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:44 am

Post by don_johnson »

geraintm wrote:you better start posting better cause i am very tempted to vote for you, my own little lynch all liars mantra is lynch all who attempt to guess on day one
the entire scum team
statements like this draw my attention. i.e. how would someone know that three players make up the
entire scum team
? geraintm, please explain why you are assuming(like nameless) that we are dealing with a three player scum team?

that aside, if we've been paying attention: there were two nk's to start this game. we are probably dealing with either rival families or an sk. correct? i am not as familiar with twelve person set-ups but i would assume that rival families would have to be pairings and not threesomes. though geraintm may have just chosen words poorly in their post, this idea makes my suspicion of nameless swell just a bit more. i never really trust players who point out obvious things like ,"in case i'm not here tomorrow..." but i digress. i would like more discussion on recent matters. still waiting for juls to pick up where they left off.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:54 am

Post by geraintm »

don, it was just a follow on from his post, where he named three people. i have no clue how many scum are in the game. it is just poor choice of words, no more no less
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:38 am

Post by don_johnson »

geraintm wrote:don, it was just a follow on from his post, where he named three people. i have no clue how many scum are in the game. it is just poor choice of words, no more no less
i figured. just had to ask. why do you think nameless named three? does that strike you as suspicious(aside from the
general
suspiciousness of the statement)?

ip: please give us your opinion on nameless.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

don_johnson wrote:
geraintm wrote:you better start posting better cause i am very tempted to vote for you, my own little lynch all liars mantra is lynch all who attempt to guess on day one
the entire scum team
statements like this draw my attention. i.e. how would someone know that three players make up the
entire scum team
? geraintm, please explain why you are assuming(like nameless) that we are dealing with a three player scum team?

that aside, if we've been paying attention: there were two nk's to start this game. we are probably dealing with either rival families or an sk. correct? i am not as familiar with twelve person set-ups but i would assume that rival families would have to be pairings and not threesomes. though geraintm may have just chosen words poorly in their post, this idea makes my suspicion of nameless swell just a bit more. i never really trust players who point out obvious things like ,"in case i'm not here tomorrow..." but i digress. i would like more discussion on recent matters. still waiting for juls to pick up where they left off.
i think its scum and sk. Scum usually shoot the night kill, if im not mistaken, as there are anti night kill roles such as bullet proof, which stops scum night kills. I don't know why, but when I think of beheaded I think of SK's.

I don't quite understand Nameless' claim of their being a 3 scum team that he's already named. especially when one of them is un counterclaimed tracker.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by don_johnson »

canadianbovine wrote:
i think its scum and sk. Scum usually shoot the night kill, if im not mistaken, as there are anti night kill roles such as bullet proof, which stops scum night kills. I don't know why, but when I think of beheaded I think of SK's.

I don't quite understand Nameless' claim of their being a 3 scum team that he's already named. especially when one of them is un counterclaimed tracker.
what stirkes me as odd is that he would choose three as his number. two night kills, one a beheading, and he chooses a "three" player scum team. are you thinking two or three scum? my thought is that tossing out a three player scum team may be an sk trying to throw town off track. i am speculating, but until more discussion ensues or nameless comes up with something better my vote will stay. consider it a pressure vote at this point.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:45 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

i honestly can't say i have any idea how many scum there are... if there is a serial killer i feel it would be 2, but without one there are probably about 3-4?
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by Megatheory »

Unvote

The deadline is less than a week away. We need to decide
right now
if we're going to lynch penguin or not. I strongly suggest we table all other issues until we come to a consensus on this, or we will probably wind up slapping together a poorly informed lynch or even wind up no-lynching, and if either of those things happen, we have virtually no chance of winning. We've already put this off for too long.

Throwing around suspicion and discussing side issues can wait. We need to focus on this. Now.

I still think penguin is scum. Tracker is an easy role to fake and is the next logical choice for scum given the dead NPC cop and backup cop in the opening flavor. I think penguin is by far the best lynch for today, but I'm willing to compromise under the following conditions:

-Penguin can only get off the hook if he finds a player who targeted a dead player.
-If that player is lynched and comes up scum, penguin should be lynched unless he finds another player who targeted a dead player.
-This continues until penguin does not find a scum or three scum are dead. At that point, penguin is lynched.
-We guarantee that penguin does not survive until endgame.

This is pretty elaborate and is probably half-baked. I'm trying to prevent the town from developing stupid townie syndrome and letting penguin live based on some WIFOM bullshit or something like that. If any of you can think of a better test for penguin, I'd love to hear it.

I'm sure this should go without saying, but just in case: DO NOT CLAIM A POWERROLE AND SUGGEST THAT PENGUIN TARGET YOU TONIGHT.
Atronach
Atronach
Goon
Atronach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by Atronach »

Megatheory wrote:
Unvote

The deadline is less than a week away. We need to decide
right now
if we're going to lynch penguin or not. I strongly suggest we table all other issues until we come to a consensus on this, or we will probably wind up slapping together a poorly informed lynch or even wind up no-lynching, and if either of those things happen, we have virtually no chance of winning. We've already put this off for too long.

Throwing around suspicion and discussing side issues can wait. We need to focus on this. Now.

I still think penguin is scum. Tracker is an easy role to fake and is the next logical choice for scum given the dead NPC cop and backup cop in the opening flavor. I think penguin is by far the best lynch for today, but I'm willing to compromise under the following conditions:

-Penguin can only get off the hook if he finds a player who targeted a dead player.
-If that player is lynched and comes up scum, penguin should be lynched unless he finds another player who targeted a dead player.
-This continues until penguin does not find a scum or three scum are dead. At that point, penguin is lynched.
-We guarantee that penguin does not survive until endgame.

This is pretty elaborate and is probably half-baked. I'm trying to prevent the town from developing stupid townie syndrome and letting penguin live based on some WIFOM bullshit or something like that. If any of you can think of a better test for penguin, I'd love to hear it.

I'm sure this should go without saying, but just in case: DO NOT CLAIM A POWERROLE AND SUGGEST THAT PENGUIN TARGET YOU TONIGHT.
This is a lot like what I was talking about in post 185. Penguin claimed. This needs to be put to the test. If he finds scum, we lynch the one he found. If they flip town, we lynch IP. If they are in fact scum, we'll see if he can find scum again. If he doesn't find scum, we lynch IP. Doctor, should there be one, should keep IP safe during the night.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:51 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Atronach wrote: This is a lot like what I was talking about in post 185. Penguin claimed. This needs to be put to the test. If he finds scum, we lynch the one he found. If they flip town, we lynch IP. If they are in fact scum, we'll see if he can find scum again. If he doesn't find scum, we lynch IP. Doctor, should there be one, should keep IP safe during the night.
it is just not that simple.

ip: exactly what kind of information can you get? people have mentioned that if you investigate a town pr you would get the same result as scum? sorry, i have not played with a tracker yet.

as i said before, doc protection for ip should maybe depend on whether who we lynch today flips scum or town. ip so far has proven nothing to us. though it doesn't make sense to lynch him, protecting should not be a definite. also, by not letting scum know for sur what we are doing it gives us a better chance of avoiding an nk.

i will not worry about deadline just yet. for now i suggest we try and find someone other than an uncounterclaimed town power role.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:57 pm

Post by Juls »

Finished readthrough (finally!). A post will come tonight with my thoughts, I just need to turn my notes into a coherent post.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:49 pm

Post by Megatheory »

Juls wrote:Finished readthrough (finally!). A post will come tonight with my thoughts, I just need to turn my notes into a coherent post.
Please save it until we've made a decision about penguin.

Also, let's not direct the doc, if there is one.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:02 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Megatheory wrote:
Juls wrote:Finished readthrough (finally!). A post will come tonight with my thoughts, I just need to turn my notes into a coherent post.
Please save it until we've made a decision about penguin.

Also, let's not direct the doc, if there is one.
why and why?

i'd like juls thoughts. i am not saying to direct the doc, but agreeing on some guidelines that would help us in confirming our "tracker" would be helpful to town. if all tracker can do is confirm
vanilla townies
then we needn't waste protection on him. if he is who he says he is then he's probably safe at this point anyway. we can lynch him tomorrow if we still feel it makes sense. then at least we can confirm his one investigation and him.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:22 pm

Post by Megatheory »

I don't want someone to post some long analysis that spirals into an argument that distracts the town from coming to a conclusion about penguin. This needs to be settled as soon as possible so the deadline doesn't force us into making a poor lynch.

I'd like penguin to describe his power so those who don't know what a tracker does can find out, and we might catch him in a lie if we are lucky.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:09 pm

Post by Porkens »

I'd like penguin to describe his power so those who don't know what a tracker does can find out, and we might catch him in a lie if we are lucky.
I approve of this.

But as to Jul's holding back analysis, I see no reason to encourage that.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:49 pm

Post by SpyreX »

The Stuck in a thumb, and pulled out a Plum! Votecount:

Don_johnson (1): Juls
Nameless (1): don_johnson
Juls (1): Plum
Insanepenguin02 (2): ChaosOmega, Gerantim

Porkens (1): Nameless

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to make the number alive less.

Deadline: Thursday, January 22nd 10:30 PM PST

Just a reminder from your friendly neighborhood superhero!
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:07 pm

Post by Juls »

First off, apologies for not posting in the past few days. I have school Mon-Thu nights and don’t get home until after 8. By the time I do dinner, study, and get my daughter to bed I don’t have a lot of time. I did spend a TON of time re-reading and forming my analysis. I don’t really care if you agree with anything I post or not but if you don’t think this is contributing you might as well lynch me now because this is the best I’ve got.

To Megatheory: I respectfully decline your request not to post this (obviously). I can’t comment on the IP situation without fully fleshing out my thoughts on everything else.

This post is organized by name. The only order it is in is the order in which the first posts came in. I am sure a vote is coming at the end of this post somewhere so for now
Unvote.
Also I will fully admit that up until this point I have half-assed this game. I just started a new term and this is my first game back to mafia in a couple months. I am a bit rusty and haven’t been trying very hard. Therefore any suspicions I note in this post supersede any previous noted suspicions.

Geraintm

Votes: Insanepenguin (wed Jan 14)
FOS: None

In post 15 and 17 Geraintm responds to Nameless and Danchaofan respectively when nameless says he hopes he is on Mafia side and DCF says he is WIFOMing. He comes off overly innocent and not knowing (or debatably asking what Dan was referring to) what WIFOM is. I was willing to let this go but then he posted this:
geraintm 101 wrote: i knew exactly what he meant.
i actually deliberately put in such an obvious line into my post 15, the "you think it will hurt us that much? " just for shits and giggles really. i thought it was such an over the top attempt to appear clueless newbie town it was funny, it wasn't meant to generate a page of discussion about it. i didn't really get why he called it WIFOM, i was expecting him to just tell me off for trying to be so obviously town.
Really? You deliberately did EXACTLY what I was accusing you of and you did it for fun? That seems like a bit of a stretch. I agree with Nameless that this seems like a retroactive excuse (and an unnecessary one and that). I had already agreed with Plum that you probably meant something else. It seems weird you would bring it up again and not just let it go.
I agree with this by megatheory:
megatheory 168 wrote: I'm still not liking geraintm. His posts reek of unhelpful, low contributing scum. It might be early to make that judgment, but I definitely see a pattern forming.
And finally...you say this:
geraintm wrote: i generally tend to be slo in placing votes and slow in changing them
i felt at the time penguin was the best person to vote for
i have not found anyone yet who i think is vote-worthy. i am sure there will be something over the weekend to make me change my mind
You leave your vote on him knowing you are going to be V/LA all weekend. This means if a wagon builds on him that your vote could cause him to be lynched. This is at least irresponsible. Why not just unvote?

Nameless

Votes: Dan (fri Jan 9), Juls (sun Jan 11), IP (tue Jan 13), Porkens (tue Jan 13)
FOS: Geraintm (mon Jan 12), CB (thu Jan 15)

I personally don’t get
some
of the arguments against Nameless. Especially the one where he listed his scum-pair. I agree that it could be hurtful in a sense but I see it as not well thought out; not necessarily scummy. What is the difference in FoSing 3 people and doing what he did?

With that being said...this statement by don makes me think a little harder on Nameless.
don_johnson 201 wrote:this is nowhere near omgus. nameless is posting wifom to confuse town. there is no other explanation for posting the things he has posted at this point of the game. my vote stays until you explain yourself logically.
Not necessarily the WIFOM part (cause I don’t see the WIFOM) but he does seem to throw a lot of things out there that could become confusing to town. If you read Nameless’s posts end-to-end he throws out a lot of allegations. I don’t suggest he should have tunnel-vision but it is a bit overwhelming. Three specific examples. He posted several posts that mega seemed suspicious for pushing “weak arguments hard”. Then shortly after a wagon started forming he was suspicious of the mega wagon. In the same context he pushes mega as suspicious and then in post#95 he says too much attention is being paid to mega and not enough to don. Later, he was very suspicious of IP. Then, the wagon got to L-1 and he was suspicious of the wagon.

DanChaofan

Votes: Geraintm (fri Jan 9)
FOS: none

Post 16 – assumedly random (or at least half-hearted) vote?
Post 31 – trying to be witty /joking about WIFOM .
Post 47/48 – theory about discussions effects on town.
Post 49 – agrees with Nameless.
Post 55 – Jokes that Juls is sitting back waiting on a wagon.
Post 66 – response to mega and Juls. Threatens Juls if she doesn’t “scumhunt”
Post 99 – Responds to IP’s questions.
Post 127 – read everything but letting it sink in.
Post 129 – still talking about RVS.
Post 190 – flavor request

I see zero scum-hunting here. Especially for someone who was threatening me in Pos#66.
Danchaofan 129 wrote: Side note: I have a feeling I'm being suckered into believing female's innocence. The avatars aren't helping >.<
Please explain that comment.
Danchaofan 190 wrote: IP: any flavor on tracker?
Perhaps trying to lead the discussion toward people talking about their flavor and possibly slipping up in revealing their roles.

don_johnson

Votes: don_johnson (fri Jan 9), Megatheory (sun Jan 11), IP (mon Jan 12), Nameless (thu Jan 15)
FOS: none

I still really really really hate this statement:
don_johnson 80 wrote: juls: i believe it is a well earned fos and would be happy to say that if one of us flips scum, town should definitely lynch the other before lylo(if the situation arises). i do understand the inherent risk of the self vote and am more than happy to live(or die) with the consequences. wifomic? yes. but only until my death.
It’s way too early for this comment and it doesn’t help anyone NOW. It only makes you appear to be planting a seed for future days.
Not really liking you and CB talking about setup all that much. It is my experience that setup talk only benefits mafia. That’s just a statement...not very suspicious of it at the moment.

Megatheory

Votes: Danchaofan (fri Jan 9), Juls (sat Jan 10), IP (mon Jan 12)
FOS: CB (wed Jan 14)

Early on you talked about a lot of theory and was pushing don_johnson to see the light and recognize you as being right. Later I think you tried to educate someone else...Atronach I think? (Sorry, I am so tired and I just can’t find it right now). I think that the whole selfvote conversation may have been more about you wanting to feel “right” than anything else.
A little bit of clarification on this please...
Megatheory 63 wrote: I like Danchaofan's reaction to the votes that came his way and he seems pretty townish so far.
Huh? What response would that be? He does not mention being voted for at all. Are you implying that ignoring votes cast against you makes you town? I am fine with the unvote and you vote for me later in this post but the quoted statement makes no sense.

InsanePenguin02

Votes: CB (fri Jan 9), Mega (sun Jan 11) , Chaos (tue Jan 13), Porkens (wed Jan 14)
FOS: Nameless (sun Jan 11), Don (tue Jan 13), Mega (tue Jan 13)

First 6 posts were worthless. Then you followed with your “analysis” (read: question asking) post. I am in complete agreement with most everyone else in this game that voting your third scummiest person is suspicious. And I have also expressed that making scum/townie lists this early in the game help scum with night kills. I won’t beat you down about all this because I think everyone else has done a pretty good job of doing so. Other points about you that I completely agree with are:

-Post 114: Textbook WIFOM.
-Post 132 & 162: Very hostile.
-Post 153 & 156: Your weak attempts to steer the game elsewhere.

I have a suggestion for the whole IP tracker claim handling at the end of this post.

Next, can you resolve these two statements because they seem contradictory:
IP 109 wrote: I do think that you, don, have been scummier than mega overall, HOWEVER I wanted to see some more specific reaction out of mega, thus the vote.
IP 152 wrote: I also state that the only thing don_johnson had posted on was the conversation between himself and mega and that I needed more info from him. I also needed more info from you, the next scummiest in my post (talking to Chaos).
And a little side note. In your big post you kinda admonish some people for not using FoS. FoS is a unofficia/non-mandatory part of this game. Some people use it, some people don’t, some people get mad when you DO use it instead of voting. Lack of FoS’s though is no reason to think someone is scummy.

Porkens

Votes: Nameless (fri Jan 9), IP (tue Jan 13)

Porkens 59, 61, 83, 85 wrote: Blah blah Blah blah...blah?

Then...post 136 put IP at L-1 and asks for a claim 9 days before deadline.
Porkens 142 wrote: And christ, I hope someone does quckhammer. that'll certainly give some direction to day two.
This statement insinuates that you know IP to be town and that the hammerer would get backlash from the rest of town in Day 2. I realize this argument is a bit of a stretch but if Porkens turns out to be scum later in the game I want it to be
noted

ChaosOmega

Votes: Megatheory (fri Jan 9), IP (tue Jan 13)

In post #29 you vote for Megatheory without a reason. In post #70 you state the reasons you voted for him, but all but one of the quotes you use are from AFTER the time of your vote. You later say that you voted this way because we were in the random voting stage (post #131).

Aside from this you have only targeted IP. You were the fourth on his wagon. Seems like a nice scum position to me (somewhere in the middle...didn’t start it; didn’t hammer). I also think your initial vote on Megatheory could be perceived as trying to start a wagon on a player that put himself out there early and was obviously going to catch some backlash for his attitude.

Canadianbovine

Votes: ChaosOmega (fri Jan 9), IP (wed Jan 14)
FOS: IP (sun Jan 11)

canadianbovine 93 wrote: i ask you, IP, why you took your vote off me who you said was a lurking scum, and put it on the bandwagon, on someone who you haven't conprehended as the most scummy in your previous post?
unvote, FOS insanepenguin.
Why did you feel the need to unvote and FOS? Why not vote for IP at this point?

The whole “digging yourself a hole” debacle. I understood what you meant and I feel the arguments using this particular phrase were reaching a bit. I do however find that you seem to be providing filler posts like asking the mod a question, asking newbie type questions like “aren’t scum usually first on the wagon”. I could see where this could be attempts to be involved without really getting your hands dirty.
I don’t like you talking about setup. See don_johnson section for further notes on that.

Atronach

Votes: IP (fri Jan 9), Plum (sat Jan 10)
FOS: don (mon Jan 12), Juls (we Jan 13)

Atronach wrote: Why hope for the quickhammer? This is already a fast game. The deadline is a week away. Why the preoccupation with a claim so soon?
QFT!

General note: You seem to follow a lot. You followed my lead in post 107 with the lylo comment from don. You later followed plum’s lead in post 169 by calling me wishy-washy. For now this is a nulltell. I would like to see more original thoughts from you.

Plum

Votes: Mega (sun Jan11), IP (mon Jan 12), Juls (jan 14)
FOS: Mega (sun Jan 11), don (sun Jan 11), Juls (mon Jan 12), Porkens (tue Jan 13)

Plum 139 wrote: Appeal to emotion, appeal to meta (an illegitimate usage thereof, to clarify); generally bad.
QFT!

General note: I am concerned you might be letting Nameless and Porkens off the hook a little because you have played with them in the past. For instance, I feel you have voted me for much less than what has been noted (and agreed with by you) on Nameless and Porkens. Take it for what you will.

=======================================
My Suggestion for the InsanePenguin tracker claim

I think for the IP tracker situation it should be handled like this. Leave him alive today. If there is a doctor out there, you can choose whether or not you feel he warrants protection. Each day IP can tell us who he targeted and what the result was. I suggest the town notes it and but does not make it their sole reason for voting. DO NOT COUNTER HIS RESULTS CLAIM, IF YOU DO, I WILL ASSUME YOU TO BE SCUM. After we have caught one mafia, we can lynch IP, he will hopefully have served his purpose by then and we will be able to confirm his role. Once he is lynched we will know if his night results were true or not and then we can use them at that point in our analysis. I suggest finding one mafia first because we can be relatively certain there are at least two mafia. So there is no need to lynch IP until we find the other one. Does that make sense? I realize there may be more but if there are only two we will have found the first one and if IP is the second we will get a quick lynch and have either 2/3 or be game over. Thoughts?

=======================================
OK, I apologize for any typos, its 2a.m. and this has taken way longer than expected. I really think the best place to put my vote right now is danchaofan. There are a few others that are up there too but he is striking me as scummy this most at the moment due to his lack of content. Honestly, if IP hadn’t claimed tracker he would be getting my vote right now.

Vote: Danchaofan

(My first ever book-post...I have arived!!!!)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”