Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:32 pm

Post by Faraday »

Personally I think people kind of overreacted here. #GOHARDORGOHOME
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:35 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 1972, Cabd wrote:He's trolling you.
If so, that's low.

You don't kick people when they're down.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:37 pm

Post by Faraday »

Well, just clarified I wasn't, so yeah. Just think it was an unfortunate confidence about a read. I expect you'll learn from it and come back bigger, badder and better than ever.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:41 pm

Post by Kid A »

In post 1969, ICEninja wrote:Kid A I would suggest for future games if your scum read on someone has a case whoever every single point is an associative tell with another player, you should get that flip. If you got fitz lynched you could have pushed me easily but you did it in the wrong order and that gave me tons of firepower against you.
yeah its not uncommon for me to have correct reads and totally fuck up getting people to sheep me
thanks for the advice and well done for the win
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:55 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 1977, Faraday wrote:Well, just clarified I wasn't, so yeah. Just think it was an unfortunate confidence about a read. I expect you'll learn from it and come back bigger, badder and better than ever.
If you weren't, then you weren't.

I definitely will.

Any advice you can impart will have a lasting impression on my gameplay here, Faraday.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:22 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

Wow. I would have never seen Regfan as scum. I'd vote myself before I'd vote him. We would have never won this game :(
I was starting to have my doubts about ICE, because I was rereading Day 1 and noticed a few things that rang some bells. Not sure if I want to share those points as I might want to use them later against you ;)

I think that the thing about this town is that we didn't work together enough. We had some strong town reads in here (herself, street, sg and for me personally (orestes and lolwagons)) and we didn't do anything with it. We also rushed way too hard to lynch kid/fferyllt/wake.

Wake, never ever do that again. I believed your doc-claim somewhat, had you not gambited like that before and if regfan, of all people, hadn't counterclaimed, you would have lived. If you ever gambit again in a game with me I'm policy lynching you instantly.

Garm, sorry if I came on too strong D1. I really thought you were scum back then. Believe it or not, I don't think I would have voted you in lylo. It's too obvious to leave us alive together.

But it wouldn't have mattered as I would never vote regfan. Good game scumguys!

But this was a fun game, my first in quite a long time and I had fun, which is the most important part. I'll glance over the QT soon to check everyone's ongoing thoughts.
Eek
!
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:37 pm

Post by ICEninja »

For the record I'd say I had an overall positive experience in this game, despite the slow start to day 1, and gambit causing an overly easy win. I enjoy playing as town much more than scum but having daytalk with competent partners definitely made this work a lot better for me.

The only thing I wish was that my timezone lined up better with Reg's. I would always wake up to great stuff in the QT but rarely be able to discuss things anything remotely close to real time.

Also, I got to play with a few great players whom I haven't had the opportunity to yet. I wish I had a little more time to play with Emp, but ffery was quite enjoyable to play against as well.

I also really appreciate how Wake has opened up to advice more, now I feel like I was a bit over the top with the fury. A lot of that frustration boiled over from 2 games ago where town should have steamrolled scum but we barely won because fake claims made by town ruined things. I win games based off setup speculation (my logic here was EXACTLY how I would have approached this situation as town, I even surprised myself how much I believed that post and my one following) especially when there is at least 1 cleared town player and 1 flipped scum player. As a result, fake claims made by town disrupt my ability to play at my best, and literally 100% of fake claims made by town that I've seen have hindered my ability to find scum. I now become furious with them, and I actually made this point in my opening (or shortly after my opening) post in my most recent town game.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:15 am

Post by Guyett »

In post 727, Wake1 wrote:
In post 726, Empire wrote:
In post 715, Wake1 wrote:/in normal large
Sorry, but I'm rejecting this /in.
:neutral:

I wish I knew why.
Hint hint this kinda shit is why
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:54 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1981, ICEninja wrote:I also really appreciate how Wake has opened up to advice more
^^^yep
whew!
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:10 am

Post by Regfan »

Thanks for the game F-16, I generally despise being scum but the inclusion of daytalk made this game very enjoyable.

I thought ICE played an absolutely incredible game. When I replaced in I was fairly shocked to see that he was my scum partner as I had a very strong town read on him at the time, I think I'd have struggled catching him at all if I was town bar interaction analysis (Kid A's points about how ICE flipped his reads and thoughts on Fitz were actually relatively spot on, he just went about pushing it the wrong way). ICE's activity and logical approach towards the game also made him a fantastic partner to have since he helped plan what our best strategy was. Also while Fitz probably wasn't anyones "Strongest town read" I think he pulled of his claim well enough to hide in the shadows and as someone else put it "Was the perfect mix between lurking and not lurking". So thanks massively to both of these two for helping us pull through on this game and keeping me motivated to want to push for the win.

I'll keep the Wake bit short (By my standards..) because others have gone over it and it seems to be most of the post-game activity but
do not fake-claim again
, it's something that very rarely works in the towns favour and very often kills the credibility of a player while leading to a mslynch. If you really want to do something remotely like that make sure you retract it way before a lynch so that people aren't lynching based on limited and incorrect information. If you think that someone is being incorrectly universally town-read attack the reasoning behind the town read on them, state reasons why you doubt that they're town. Also while your "questions" tactic does have some potentially benefit from it you never really went anywhere with it so I'd suggest avoiding doing that in the future as well as avoiding posting narrations of peoples ISO's, it's just IoA and leads towards people not wanting to read your posts.
As town a key thing is you want people to WANT to read your posts.
If I see you you honestly take on board all of this advice in another game then I wouldn't have an issue playing with you again, until then though you'll have excuse me for not joining your games.

I thought a lot of the town played decent games, they just never played them at the same time in the game and never got the connection and communication going between them or got nightkilled before they got a chance to really out or push their thoughts. Herselfs and Streets D1 reads were fairly accurate and really threatened our chances of winning the game as did Kid A's reads and thoughts on ICE/Fitz D2 as was Slaxx's and PA's reads. MME, SG and Garmr all made themselves really obvtown and hard to lynch at various points during the game. Had it all fired on one day I think town would have had this, I think one scum lynch alone would have opened this game up since interaction analysis might have outed another scum and created clears but it didn't go that way thankfully and now I have one scum game I can be semi-proud of!
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:14 am

Post by Garmr »

I was suspicious of you through out the game Regfan with fferyltt telling me to not suspect you and your claim of doctor countering wakes. I just kicked myself at the end of the game.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:17 am

Post by Garmr »

What I meant is those two event made me change my mind on you. I should of keeped the read.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:27 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1951, pirate mollie wrote:oh wait i said in the mason qt that ice was town

I think I was trying to appease desp why do I do that
mollie wtf are you talking about? We had Ice as our #3 scumread going in to day 2.
;)
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:48 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1984, Regfan wrote:I thought a lot of the town played decent games, they just never played them at the same time in the game and never got the connection and communication going between them or got nightkilled before they got a chance to really out or push their thoughts. Herselfs and Streets D1 reads were fairly accurate and really threatened our chances of winning the game as did Kid A's reads and thoughts on ICE/Fitz D2 as was Slaxx's and PA's reads. MME, SG and Garmr all made themselves really obvtown and hard to lynch at various points during the game. Had it all fired on one day I think town would have had this, I think one scum lynch alone would have opened this game up since interaction analysis might have outed another scum and created clears but it didn't go that way thankfully and now I have one scum game I can be semi-proud of!
Still sticking by my guns
In post 1878, Infinity 324 wrote:regfan would've won had he been the only scum.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:52 am

Post by Garmr »

I really wish I landed scum in this game not for the fact they won. But for the fact I wanted to show show my strongest side.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:06 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1987, Desperado wrote:
In post 1951, pirate mollie wrote:oh wait i said in the mason qt that ice was town

I think I was trying to appease desp why do I do that
mollie wtf are you talking about? We had Ice as our #3 scumread going in to day 2.
don't you yell at me

we did but it isn't in the mason qt I think cos lol never came back to it.

reading through our iso you were pretty kick-ass, I sound like a mouse next to you. I really like how you are able to flesh things out in a way that makes sense to people. you were pretty focused and really zeroed in on key points of fitz's play.

this is the second game where my thinking mirrored a pivotal scum player's and I am starting to wonder if I have wandered into the territory where I think just like scum regardless of alignment. funny, I was sus of reggie for the same reason I was sus of thorella in twd; they were being nice for once.
whew!
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:10 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1990, pirate mollie wrote:we did but it isn't in the mason qt I think cos lol never came back to it.
Yes it is--check the D2 lynchability threshold.
;)
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:16 am

Post by pirate mollie »

how did we get there cos I know I thought he was scummy but felt ineffectual about convincing anybody else
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:19 am

Post by pirate mollie »

also get on gchat so we can have post game discussion otherwise I am going to blow up your phone with texts
whew!
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:44 am

Post by Wake1 »

I'm learning.
(Which is odd to say, because I've been playing for years. I guess I never got so into it, or considered studying and understanding the people.)

My original plan was not to gambit, but to keep pressing, asking questions, and really start utilizing what I got from them. It was just tough, because between work and the demands of the other players, it made it tough getting around to other things. Basically, pulled in many different directions. Iirc, SG said you can't please everyone, nor should you try, but at least in real-life I try to be as, I'm trying to think of the term, "socially attractive" as possible. Also, Day 3, I was prepared to give it my all, and if I somehow managed to reach L-1, I'd at least have a fallback by then claiming Town Shield and making it known that Mr. Fitz never received my protection. I guess I really didn't know Ffery too well, which is why my gut went off the charts in response to her posts. Whenever I'm Scum I'm incredibly reserved, calm, and logical. I saw that in Ffery, and had even noted it in one of my posts about her being like a mirror of myself when I'm Scum (and I've never gotten lynched as Scum.) The game of Mafia really is deep, isn't it?

I'm trying to adapt and augment my meta. It's tough rewiring years of play that was accepted as normal elsewhere.

I shouldn't be so afraid of sharing my honest thoughts, either. Also, I can't control the situation, but I can control my reaction to them. You have to live that when you're working in healthcare, so I don't get why I can do this in real-life, yet am having difficulty with it online. If only you guys knew me in real-life, you'd think we were two different people. I swear. Even
I
think that. :eek: Then again, in healthcare you aren't in a situation where it's either paranoid Townies or evil impostors raring to break your neck or put a cap in yo' ass.

What I need to do. What I REALLY need to do, is start understanding the people in this forum. It's hard though, because lack of time really has me shackled more often than not. Also, don't attack people personally or lose control of yourself. Mafia can be extremely stressful depending on the situation you know you're in.
IMO obvtown is wearing your alignment on your sleeve and showing your motivations in every action and stance you take. It means being clear and expressive about what you are thinking and why. It means at every turn, every role claim, every wagon run-up, thinking about how to make it do good things for town.
I'm going to start doing this. This isn't bragging: I'm very intelligent. But, I have difficulty working with people, and am susceptible (it's uncommon as a whole) to treating people who don't think or understand as quickly as I do badly. It's not just about being right, or being REALLY quick at gathering, processing, and applying information. You have to be able to PERSUADE others. And it's not enough to be right. You gotta coax people. Give them some honey. Make 'em laugh a bit. Deprecate yourself humorously some, or pay an honest compliment you might otherwise not have the time to give. I think a lot, very quickly, very deeply, all the time. It's draining. It can and does turn some people off. Intelligence is the acquisition and application of knowledge and skills, but what is it worth in a game based on interaction if you don't have the social art of persuasion?

There were things in this game that didn't help me help Town, but I could have better controlled my reactions to them. At least look over each post of mine and edit/condense/make it more calm and respectful before posting. The issue with SG, ICE, Reg, and MME criticizing my questions and large posts really angered me, and I wasn't sure whether I should engage them on that, or follow the advice of others and flat-out, completely ignore it while in game. Ignoring it because you are who you are and you cannot possibly please everyone.

At the moment I DO know that my
Annihilator Beam
has promise. It's flavorized fun from my Quadraxis account, which comes from my ultimate favorite video game series
Metroid Prime
. I just need to really USE the reactions I get from all of my questions, and keep on using it even if some guys complain about it. There was another flavorized "ability" I was considering using, and it's a really interesting concept, but I think I'm going to wait with it a bit.

And the Reads List issue.
I read your original and revised article on this Mastin, and I'm still stuck on what to do about it. Should I skip it? Augment it? What? Personally I'm comfortable with a Reads List that is very comprehensive, but in order to get people to want to read it I think I should put one or two very succinct sentences per each read, and then contain all that wholesome, informational bulk in a neat little spoiler tag to make it convenient on others. What do you think about that guys?

EDIT: Oh gosh, I just wrote a wall without even being aware of it. :eek:
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:47 am

Post by Wake1 »

:facepalm:

Doggone it, I put the
Annihilator Beam
in the wrong color code.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:51 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 1994, Wake1 wrote:What I need to do. What I REALLY need to do, is start understanding the people in this forum. It's hard though, because lack of time really has me shackled more often than not. Also, don't attack people personally or lose control of yourself. Mafia can be extremely stressful depending on the situation you know you're in.
@Wake if it makes you feel better I broke into tears inrl at a certain point in the game. So your not the only who takes this game to heart :p
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:56 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 1996, Garmr wrote:
In post 1994, Wake1 wrote:What I need to do. What I REALLY need to do, is start understanding the people in this forum. It's hard though, because lack of time really has me shackled more often than not. Also, don't attack people personally or lose control of yourself. Mafia can be extremely stressful depending on the situation you know you're in.
@Wake if it makes you feel better I broke into tears inrl at a certain point in the game. So your not the only who takes this game to heart :p
I've got some really good stories for you once some other games resolve.

One game that did resolve was the last one me and Guyett were in, and I totally lost it during that game. Guyett can share his experience on that here if he wants.
(Extreme work. Little sleep. Dealing with dying and suffering clients while trying to be patient while providing comfort and clinical care for them.)
Looking back on that game, and the C9++ game... and whichever other ones... I need to make changes if I want to be a better player.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:02 am

Post by Guyett »

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p5435920

have a read. This is one of two things that you've done that made me blacklist you
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:11 am

Post by Garmr »

^Was just reading that game for different meta reasons. I research more than I say in the the threads but never really use it as a meta read.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”